PervyPastryPuffer #1 Posted 13 November 2018 - 03:53 PM

Major

• Player
  • 32045 battles
  • [VRTC] VRTC

First off, something I've just noticed with the team list in GB...:D

Brilliant.

Right, to the important stuff:

Number one: Tier 8 Grand Battles seem to have improved tier 8 random battles matchmaking! :ohmy: I kid you not, I was just top tier in a tier 8 tank in 3-5-7mm, something that happens only when the planets align...

Number two: I've completed HT-12/4 in the IS-M on the first try (game in screenshot), so now I'm very happy with this mode at T8! :great:

It fixed everything, the matchmaking, the next-to-impossible missions, and I'm finally having actual fun again! I've been nice in chat all day, I think that speaks volumes about how happy I am. :)

Keep this mode open for tier 8 forever! It's amazing to have it optional in the settings just like it used to be for tier 10, but I think the setting should be separated for tier 8 and 10, that's basically the only thing that needs to be...a thing. :rolleyes:

DeadLecter #2 Posted 13 November 2018 - 04:20 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 26797 battles
Actually the reason for more top tier matches in T8s is because of rental tanks. There are more T8s tanks and hence you get more Top tier and same tier matches. That is my op. But regarding grand battles I hate it becasue  I don't know the map. I'm starting to like it since I like bigger maps but atm I hate it

PervyPastryPuffer #3 Posted 13 November 2018 - 04:31 PM

Major

• Player
  • 32045 battles
  • [VRTC] VRTC

View PostDeadLecter, on 13 November 2018 - 04:20 PM, said:

Actually the reason for more top tier matches in T8s is because of rental tanks. There are more T8s tanks and hence you get more Top tier and same tier matches. That is my op. But regarding grand battles I hate it becasue  I don't know the map. I'm starting to like it since I like bigger maps but atm I hate it

I respect your opinion but in my view, that doesn't seem to be the case.

Let me elaborate: In every 3-5-7 match, there are ~50% bottom tier tanks, 33% mid-tier tanks, and 20% top tier tanks.

When the number of top tier tanks (in this case let's take tier 8 for example) decreases, the chances of them being placed in the 20% region increases, while the chances to be placed in the 50% decreases, as there are less tanks of that certain tier in the matchmaking queue.

What the mm does is it tries to balance out the large number of tanks from one tier by placing them in the bottom tier section of the team lists.

The mm is "choking" when there are too many tier 8 tanks in the queue, and because controlling the amount of top/mid/bottom tier matches for every separate player is something WG hasn't done yet, and probably never will due to possible exploits, outright reducing the amount of tier 8 tanks in the queue seems to be the effective solution. :)Edit: This way, a three-tier spread can be maintained, instead of switching to +1/-1mm.

You couldn't see nearly as many complaints about the matchmaking before 3-5-7, and even shortly after implementing it, it worked. Until WG kept releasing more and more premium tanks... GB are full of them atm! :)

Hope you see what I mean. :honoring:

Edited by PervyPastryPuffer, 13 November 2018 - 04:52 PM.

Maat_Malek #4 Posted 13 November 2018 - 04:34 PM

Private

• Player
  • 6615 battles
  • [M-CSH] M-CSH
Finaly a map that is not as small as a bathtub. And finally got nice round shaped aiming circle with my arty

Discontinued #5 Posted 13 November 2018 - 04:38 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 3644 battles
Ugh rental tanks

Shudder

Rati_Festa #6 Posted 13 November 2018 - 04:45 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 45713 battles
  • [-MM] -MM
Whoohoo.. this was so obvious a work around for t8 mm its amazing it has taken them this long to resolve.

Is it random though like on t10?

Dava_117 #7 Posted 13 November 2018 - 04:46 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 20900 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
Apart from Nebelburg being trash and far too camper friendly, I think the idea is nice.

PervyPastryPuffer #8 Posted 13 November 2018 - 04:50 PM

Major

• Player
  • 32045 battles
  • [VRTC] VRTC

View PostRati_Festa, on 13 November 2018 - 04:45 PM, said:

Whoohoo.. this was so obvious a work around for t8 mm its amazing it has taken them this long to resolve.

Is it random though like on t10?

Ikr? Finally! :ohmy:

It's random, uses the same setting as for tier 10 tanks, but tier 8's and tier 10's can never see eachother. Strictly single-tier battles! :honoring:

DeadLecter #9 Posted 13 November 2018 - 05:05 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 26797 battles

View PostPervyPastryPuffer, on 13 November 2018 - 07:01 PM, said:

I respect your opinion but in my view, that doesn't seem to be the case.

Let me elaborate: In every 3-5-7 match, there are ~50% bottom tier tanks, 33% mid-tier tanks, and 20% top tier tanks.

When the number of top tier tanks (in this case let's take tier 8 for example) decreases, the chances of them being placed in the 20% region increases, while the chances to be placed in the 50% decreases, as there are less tanks of that certain tier in the matchmaking queue.

What the mm does is it tries to balance out the large number of tanks from one tier by placing them in the bottom tier section of the team lists.

The mm is "choking" when there are too many tier 8 tanks in the queue, and because controlling the amount of top/mid/bottom tier matches for every separate player is something WG hasn't done yet, and probably never will due to possible exploits, outright reducing the amount of tier 8 tanks in the queue seems to be the effective solution. :)Edit: This way, a three-tier spread can be maintained, instead of switching to +1/-1mm.

You couldn't see nearly as many complaints about the matchmaking before 3-5-7, and even shortly after implementing it, it worked. Until WG kept releasing more and more premium tanks... GB are full of them atm! :)

Hope you see what I mean. :honoring:

Tnx your comment has shed some light but I also have my reasoning. Due to 3/5/7 MM not a lot players play T8s. So if you put them all in Top tier position you don't have enough T6 and T7s and queue for T8s gets long and if you put T8s against 5/10 MM T9s then you don't have enough T8s. But the rentals added a lot of T8 players and now I see a lot more T9 and full T8 games in my T8 tanks. But with the addition of grand battles we should see also more top tier battles due to the way less number of T8s

Edited by DeadLecter, 13 November 2018 - 05:07 PM.

Hi_im_Wolf #10 Posted 13 November 2018 - 05:37 PM

Private

• Player
  • 2859 battles
  • [-SRR-] -SRR-
Today was the first day i played grand battles and its really fun not as fun as frontline but its good 

Search_Warrant #11 Posted 14 November 2018 - 02:16 AM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 27851 battles
  • [LEWD] LEWD
First problem is, its RNG mode. if i wana play a mode i want to play a tank spcific for that mode. not crappy +2 aids matchmaking. you cant plan ahead and its stupid. typical Wgtho, RNG on FUN in this game and what is fun they remove coz its too fun (frontline)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users