Is the use of Alt clans allowed in Clan Wars?

Clan Wars:Match rigging:

• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

CrapButHappy #1 Posted 13 November 2018 - 08:58 PM

Private

• Player
  • 28722 battles
  • [NR-NS] NR-NS

Is the use of Alt clans allowed in Clan Wars??

A simple question, yes? Easy enough to answer you would think by WG themselves. But no!

Our clan played on the Global Map last week. We had two matches against two different clans, beating both, but were they different clans? And here's the question. If a clan is defending numerous different provinces how can they field enough teams? If they have an Alt clan or two they can always plan their evening so that they don't have to defend every base at the same time.

The two clans we played were most definitely Alt clans for the primary province holder. In their next matches both teams defaulted, not enough players to make a team when perhaps a more important match was being played elsewhere. These matches were at later times than each other, both while the primary province holder was involved in other matches. We were then, fairly comprehensively beaten, by the resident holder. Not so much of a problem, we lost, but was it fairly done? Perhaps without the Alt clans defaulting the primary holder may not have been available to play us!

So back to WG and a precis of their response when we asked them to look into this as an infringement of the rules  "We are sorry you have had a bad experience playing our wonderful game. We suggest that your clan go and practice in a training room and Get Gud. Discuss it amongst yourselves or post your question on the forum"

Here it is then :sceptic:

andromedaa #2 Posted 13 November 2018 - 09:14 PM

Private

• Player
  • 43987 battles
  • [NR-NS] NR-NS

My reply from wot

Thank you for contacting the Wargaming.net support
I understand the situation in which you found yourself and I’m glad to be able to help you with it.

Unfortunately commander I am not able to help you.
If you play against a clan that is better than you then go in training with your team and come back stronger.

If you still have problem with this you can still go speak about this on the forum of worldoftanks.

mango91 #3 Posted 14 November 2018 - 09:15 AM

Captain

• Clan Diplomat
  • 43099 battles
  • [ORKI] ORKI

didn't get the point, sorry

do you mean that the same players were playing on other accounts in other clans?

andromedaa #4 Posted 14 November 2018 - 01:09 PM

Private

• Player
  • 43987 battles
  • [NR-NS] NR-NS

the point is you have a main clan with say 70 members then a alt clan with  14 members

the main clan are on providence you play at say 915pm

they put there alt clan on knowing it will default and there main clan can then play you at 945pm when it suits them because they have 4 battles at 915pm so instead of loseing providence they put an alt clan that has never played just to delay time

so in theory you can start a new clan up with say 1 member and enter clan wars and you can default 4 times  before you get banned for 7 days which will help the clan on providence

EdgarAllanPooPoo #5 Posted 14 November 2018 - 09:40 PM

Lance-corporal

• Clan Diplomat
  • 32479 battles
  • [MEME] MEME
:facepalm: u need at least 12 plebs to join the battle

Homer_J #6 Posted 14 November 2018 - 10:07 PM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 30176 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View PostCrapButHappy, on 13 November 2018 - 08:58 PM, said:

we lost,

This.

It's been part of CW forever, in the old days it would be using allied clans.  If you can't take a bit of tactical play then stay away.

RockyRoller #7 Posted 14 November 2018 - 11:03 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 34695 battles
  • [NR-NS] NR-NS

been talking about this elsewhere as it seems on the surface other clans have faced ghost clans who don't show. no rewards, no exp, no advancement, lost time, lost players due to lateness for the attacker, whilst the defender gets their cake and eats it as the defend or attack elsewhere. 

http://forum.worldof...-on-global-map/

hypothetical situation which PotBS face

how about if I made 6 ghost clans who will never show book to attack the 6 of the 7 provinces you own at 6pm, but you don't know they will not show, then with my main clan attack the remaining one you own at 6pm. You can only defend 1 or 2 provinces and face losing 5 or 6 if the ghost clans were real.

Is that fairplay?

If you accept it was a dirty play using a ghost clan to attack then even ghost clans to defend will always be a fraudulent tactic worth a clan ban.

22:06 Added after 2 minutes

View PostEdgarAlIanPooPoo, on 14 November 2018 - 08:40 PM, said:

:facepalm: u need at least 12 plebs to join the battle

quite an achievement you getting 12 in a battle only 10 can take part in ;) you're not hacking wins are you lol

(we fight tier 8)

22:11 Added after 8 minutes

View Postmango91, on 14 November 2018 - 08:15 AM, said:

do you mean that the same players were playing on other accounts in other clans?

It was the same situation we were talking about in the other forum. clans which hadn't fought on the map for 28 days but booking battles. Highly suspect and worth WG looking into.

BUT going back to the alts part, if they were EBay accounts then its against the EULA and a permanent ban for both accounts I understand? I'm pro EBay on the grounds a paying fan is still a paying fan that keeps the game Devs paid each month, long as they don't cheat, commit fraud, etc etc and just play fair then I don't care.

Edited by RockyRoller, 14 November 2018 - 11:16 PM.

andromedaa #8 Posted 15 November 2018 - 05:08 AM

Private

• Player
  • 43987 battles
  • [NR-NS] NR-NS

[WJDE] We Just Dinged 'Em

We are noobs, bots and afk'ers...but we shoot gold :)

G

lobal Map

The clan has not participated in battles on the Global Map yet.

Global Map is a game mode where each clan can become a conqueror of the world and earn valuable prizes: from in-game gold to exclusive vehicles.

homer_j

funny how you comment with your negative comment and your clan has never done a global map

Global Map Guide
04:12 Added after 3 minutes

View PostHomer_J, on 14 November 2018 - 09:07 PM, said:

This.

It's been part of CW forever, in the old days it would be using allied clans.  If you can't take a bit of tactical play then stay away.

[WJDE] We Just Dinged 'Em

We are noobs, bots and afk'ers...but we shoot gold :)

G

lobal Map

The clan has not participated in battles on the Global Map yet.

Global Map is a game mode where each clan can become a conqueror of the world and earn valuable prizes: from in-game gold to exclusive vehicles.

homer_j

funny how you comment with your negative comment and your clan has never done a global map

Headless_Rooster #9 Posted 15 November 2018 - 10:01 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 10932 battles
  • [WUN-2] WUN-2

View PostRockyRoller, on 14 November 2018 - 11:03 PM, said:

If you accept it was a dirty play using a ghost clan to attack then even ghost clans to defend will always be a fraudulent tactic worth a clan ban.

To anyone with a sense of fairplay yes.

Trouble is, multiple accounts don't seem to be against the EULA, take that to the enth degree and you get players who have been in the game for years, have all the reward tanks from CW, come high in the finishing tables in yet another CW so they open a new account to collect reward tanks, they can't sell them (within the rules, but we know it happens anyway) so they find another use for them.

I dare say some players have multiple accounts in the same clan they use in CW to circumvent tank locking, take it a degree further they could have multiple accounts in multiple clans, to do exactly what you describe above.

WG can't do a thing about it because they allowed multiple accounts in the first place, they can't change the rules after the fact.  

It's just another nail in the coffin of WoT's reputation.

Homer_J #10 Posted 15 November 2018 - 10:03 AM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 30176 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View Postandromedaa, on 15 November 2018 - 05:08 AM, said:

I see, it's not at all possible that I have been in other clans over the years.

I was diplomat in LBG for quite some time.  Our diplomacy consisted of "get lost" which is why we never stayed on the map very long.  I saw enough of the sneaky deals and backstabbing that goes on and decided it wasn't for me.

But it's supposed to be a war, and war is like that sometimes.

Edited by Homer_J, 15 November 2018 - 10:09 AM.

cro001 #11 Posted 15 November 2018 - 05:09 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 30916 battles
  • [GX] GX

View Postmango91, on 14 November 2018 - 09:15 AM, said:

It means using other clan to place attack so it moves the battle by one turn.

I.E. Both defenses are at 9 o'clock, if another team applies for attack on one of the provinces, it takes longer to reach finals.

I think that is what he means.

RockyRoller #12 Posted 15 November 2018 - 10:39 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 34695 battles
  • [NR-NS] NR-NS

View PostHomer_J, on 15 November 2018 - 09:03 AM, said:

I see, it's not at all possible that I have been in other clans over the years.

I was diplomat in LBG for quite some time.  Our diplomacy consisted of "get lost" which is why we never stayed on the map very long.  I saw enough of the sneaky deals and backstabbing that goes on and decided it wasn't for me.

But it's supposed to be a war, and war is like that sometimes.

Strawman. In war decoys were used! and if the decoy tanks were put in a forest and you decided to attack that forrest anyway, you would now occupy and own that forrest without a fight.

So it's not like real war is it because these CW decoys are preventing you fighting a force that isn't there, not once but twice in the OP.

If it were a real clan, at least you get exp and credits fighting them, but technical wins give you nothing at all and gives the fraudster more time to get there and defend. 

RockyRoller #13 Posted 15 November 2018 - 10:50 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 34695 battles
  • [NR-NS] NR-NS

View PostHeadless_Rooster, on 15 November 2018 - 09:01 AM, said:

To anyone with a sense of fairplay yes.

Trouble is, multiple accounts don't seem to be against the EULA, take that to the enth degree and you get players who have been in the game for years, have all the reward tanks from CW, come high in the finishing tables in yet another CW so they open a new account to collect reward tanks, they can't sell them (within the rules, but we know it happens anyway) so they find another use for them.

I dare say some players have multiple accounts in the same clan they use in CW to circumvent tank locking, take it a degree further they could have multiple accounts in multiple clans, to do exactly what you describe above.

WG can't do a thing about it because they allowed multiple accounts in the first place, they can't change the rules after the fact.  

It's just another nail in the coffin of WoT's reputation.

EULA http://forum.worldof...nks-game-rules/

2.08. All types of ads for sale, exchange, or other options for the transfer of accounts from one user to another violate EULA and are prohibited in all game chats and channels.

can't think of an mmo that allows ebayed accounts, they get deleted when found. Why? Well it creates a criminal market best avoided when possible. Accounts you leveled yourself are usually ok. Unless you cheat or exploit the game somehow with them.

CrapButHappy #14 Posted 16 November 2018 - 03:40 PM

Private

• Player
  • 28722 battles
  • [NR-NS] NR-NS

In some respect WG has circumvented this action being against the rules by introducing alliances. Any clan can request their alliance partners to fight a battle on their behalf, thereby allowing themselves breathing space to plan their defences for preferred time slots.

It's just frustrating for smaller clans participating in the matches when the odds are stacked in the larger clans favour. Oh well, we'll just keep trying but my head's hurting with all this wall banging :facepalm:

RockyRoller #15 Posted 25 November 2018 - 11:55 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 34695 battles
  • [NR-NS] NR-NS
after today and the boilerplate replies from customer services on how we need to improve our game against cheating clans using ringer clans who can't even get 5 online let alone 8 I've had enough of the Global Maps side of the game with the rampant fraud thats going on. 

H4NI #16 Posted 26 November 2018 - 07:04 AM

Major

• Player
  • 42392 battles
  • [O-S-C] O-S-C

What a snowflake, jesus... Delays were a part of the CW since the beginning, and quite important one. I remember the my early days of clans and cw: bad clans with no diplomacy which would sell their soul for a  day on a map and province of 120 gold. For once, customer support gave you a valid advice,use it, doesn't come often.

JUST REMEMBER YOUR MOTTO

[NR-NS] no Retreat, No Surrender

NEVER, EVER, GIVE UP

Edited by H4NI, 26 November 2018 - 07:05 AM.

Homer_J #17 Posted 26 November 2018 - 09:09 AM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 30176 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View PostH4NI, on 26 November 2018 - 06:04 AM, said:

Delays were a part of the CW since the beginning, 

INB4 he tells you that you don't know what you are talking about because you aren't even in a clan.:rolleyes:

Edited by Homer_J, 26 November 2018 - 09:10 AM.

RockyRoller #18 Posted 26 November 2018 - 10:21 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 34695 battles
  • [NR-NS] NR-NS

No, I would say if you were happy to be a victim of a never ending fraud; the police say they won't come out when you realise it, and your happy about all this then that is your choice. 

Calling the whistleblower a snowflake is quite typical of ostrich syndrome. Be a man and say no to fraud.

Homer_J #19 Posted 26 November 2018 - 10:36 AM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 30176 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View PostRockyRoller, on 26 November 2018 - 09:21 AM, said:

No, I would say if you were happy to be a victim of a never ending fraud; the police say they won't come out when you realise it, and your happy about all this then that is your choice. 

I take it you didn't read my reply above.

View PostHomer_J, on 15 November 2018 - 09:03 AM, said:

decided it wasn't for me.

H4NI #20 Posted 26 November 2018 - 04:02 PM

Major

• Player
  • 42392 battles
  • [O-S-C] O-S-C

View PostRockyRoller, on 26 November 2018 - 10:21 AM, said:

Calling the whistleblower a snowflake is quite typical of ostrich syndrome. Be a man and say no to fraud.

From my experience on this forum, noone actually convinced the other side that they are mistaken. So, I would leave it like this....

You are right, its all conspiracy against small clans, WG hates everyone with winrate below 55%. Deal with it.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users