Jump to content


Arty per team

arty per battle number

  • This topic is locked This topic is locked
29 replies to this topic

Poll: Number of arty in games. (61 members have cast votes)

You have to complete 250 battles in order to participate this poll.

What's your perfect number for arty per team?

  1. 0. (20 votes [32.79%])

    Percentage of vote: 32.79%

  2. 1. (20 votes [32.79%])

    Percentage of vote: 32.79%

  3. 2. (7 votes [11.48%])

    Percentage of vote: 11.48%

  4. 3. (5 votes [8.20%])

    Percentage of vote: 8.20%

  5. More than 3. (9 votes [14.75%])

    Percentage of vote: 14.75%

Vote Hide poll

Procjon #1 Posted 14 November 2018 - 11:01 PM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 56762 battles
  • 614
  • Member since:
    09-08-2011

In my opinion 3x arty per team is too much especially if all of them are auto-loaders.

Why?

  • Increases camping, especially in open maps when crossing in slow tanks is risky.
  • If there is a coordination of 3 of them attacking the same tank it is close to impossible to move once you get hit without getting a lot of damage to the tank - few times i had situations where i was the top tier in 8-10 tier battle so enemy focus was on me and when i was trying to cross around 100 meters from one cover to the second i got hit, i used small repair to be tracked again, used big repair to be hit again, used first aid to be injured again and it was with tank having crew skills x4 and heavy spall liner. After i saw what was left from my tank i decided to go to make a tea :)
  • It has stun effect on a tank and crew and it should NOT have any stun effect on a tank while driving in auto-mode "F"orward pressed, even if a driver is dead but         "F"orward was active before the tank was hit by arty the tank should be allowed to continue speeding in auto-mode until it crashes or it's being stopped by physical barrier. There is no logic why a tank going in auto-mode is slowing while there is no damage to the tank after arty's shot.
  • The stun mechanics should work only on a crew including driver trying to do maneuvers such as right turn, left turn and etc. or a tank if it took any damage from arty's shots

 

HF

 


Edited by Procjon, 15 November 2018 - 03:29 AM.


Laatikkomafia #2 Posted 14 November 2018 - 11:17 PM

    Brigadier

  • Beta Tester
  • 22322 battles
  • 4,487
  • [WJDE] WJDE
  • Member since:
    12-27-2010
Anyone not picking 0 is either lying or a bot.

RockyRoller #3 Posted 14 November 2018 - 11:22 PM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 33950 battles
  • 1,324
  • [NR-NS] NR-NS
  • Member since:
    06-15-2016

honestly don't care, arti whiners are just bad players who can't cope being killed, end of story. /small violin 

those that don't cry about SPG are more willing to face a challenge and work the map using wisdom and knowledge. /hatsoff



WoT_RU_Doing #4 Posted 14 November 2018 - 11:32 PM

    Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 48333 battles
  • 1,543
  • [-GY-] -GY-
  • Member since:
    07-20-2013
Enough players play arty at the moment that often there are three in each team, but sometimes you get battles with less or even none. If the slots were reduced to 2 in each team and the number of people playing arty is not reduced, that means you ALWAYS get 2 arty in each team per battle. Personally I'd prefer the variety.

Elua #5 Posted 14 November 2018 - 11:36 PM

    Warrant Officer

  • Beta Tester
  • 32281 battles
  • 639
  • Member since:
    10-20-2010
Best options are 0v0 and 15v15 artys teams.  Pure arty battles for real arty fans, no nasty scouts and other tank types  :trollface:

Edited by Elua, 14 November 2018 - 11:38 PM.


FrantisekBascovansky #6 Posted 14 November 2018 - 11:55 PM

    Corporal

  • Player
  • 11832 battles
  • 158
  • Member since:
    03-26-2018

3 stinky whiners per team are too much.

Should be 0.

 

EDIT

I suggest there should be some Whiner badge next to the name of such sucker, so enemy arty could focus them with priority


Edited by FrantisekBascovansky, 15 November 2018 - 12:32 AM.


Homer_J #7 Posted 15 November 2018 - 12:14 AM

    Field Marshal

  • Beta Tester
  • 29664 battles
  • 31,283
  • [WJDE] WJDE
  • Member since:
    09-03-2010

View PostLaatikkomafia, on 14 November 2018 - 11:17 PM, said:

Anyone not picking 0 is either lying or a bot.

 

I would pick 15 if it was an option.

 

Why.  More variety.  More 0 arty battles.  It's win win.

 

I had some great times with 10 or 12 arty on each team.  And that was when arty had some view range, nowadays it can't spot you when you are humping it from behind.



WoT_RU_Doing #8 Posted 15 November 2018 - 12:53 AM

    Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 48333 battles
  • 1,543
  • [-GY-] -GY-
  • Member since:
    07-20-2013

View PostHomer_J, on 14 November 2018 - 11:14 PM, said:

 

I would pick 15 if it was an option.

 

Why.  More variety.  More 0 arty battles.  It's win win.

 

I had some great times with 10 or 12 arty on each team.  And that was when arty had some view range, nowadays it can't spot you when you are humping it from behind.

 

Love that idea....running around in a medium or light shooting 14 SPGs that can't see you could be entertaining.

View PostProcjon, on 14 November 2018 - 10:01 PM, said:

In my opinion 3x arty per team is too much especially if all of them are auto-loaders.

 

 

How often does that happen? Really? I have never seen three BC 155 58's on the same team, certainly since the arty re-work. EDIT: Maybe I just don't play tier X often enough?

Edited by WoT_RU_Doing, 15 November 2018 - 12:54 AM.


Discontinued #9 Posted 15 November 2018 - 12:58 AM

    Sergeant

  • Player
  • 1638 battles
  • 286
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
  • Member since:
    11-02-2015

I voted for more than 3 

 

I think 6 per team would be a marvellous addition to random battles,

 

I still want super heavy arties 

 

:playing:

 

 



NoobySkooby #10 Posted 15 November 2018 - 01:04 AM

    Colonel

  • Player
  • 14945 battles
  • 3,624
  • Member since:
    09-23-2011

View PostLaatikkomafia, on 14 November 2018 - 11:17 PM, said:

Anyone not picking 0 is either lying or a bot.

 

[edited], it is part of the game so suck it up, [edited]arty whiners

Jigabachi #11 Posted 15 November 2018 - 01:44 AM

    Field Marshal

  • Player
  • 17948 battles
  • 19,530
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
  • Member since:
    08-12-2011

View PostNoobySkooby, on 15 November 2018 - 01:04 AM, said:

[edited], it is part of the game so suck it up, [edited]arty whiners

That "argument" is just as stupid as the arty whiners'.

Arty IS a problem and needs further rebalancing. Not realizing that is just as stupid as raging about a complete removal.

 

@ thread: Regardless of the needed changes, 1-2 per side would be enough. 3 are definitely too many.


Edited by Jigabachi, 15 November 2018 - 01:45 AM.


PervyPastryPuffer #12 Posted 15 November 2018 - 03:02 AM

    Captain

  • Player
  • 31557 battles
  • 2,375
  • [VRTC] VRTC
  • Member since:
    09-13-2013

View PostProcjon, on 14 November 2018 - 11:01 PM, said:

Increases camping, especially in open maps when crossing in slow tanks is risky.

 

B-but, arty prevents camping...right? :unsure:

 

1 per team, yes please. 2 in GB. Seems reasonable, though I'm not sure how their matchmaking would work then, it would be butchered completely (too long), nobody would play ar-:amazed:

 

YES! :playing: THAT'LL DO!!



Procjon #13 Posted 15 November 2018 - 03:08 AM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 56762 battles
  • 614
  • Member since:
    09-08-2011

View PostWoT_RU_Doing, on 14 November 2018 - 11:53 PM, said:

 

How often does that happen? Really? I have never seen three BC 155 58's on the same team, certainly since the arty re-work. EDIT: Maybe I just don't play tier X often enough?

 

The only reason i see why we have stun mechanics is to increase the profit for WG. You can add introduction of cool time of consumables as a combo effect. You don't need 3x arty auto-loaders to waste consumables without any positive outcome, 2 arty is perfectly enough when they do coordinated attack.

 

For me it is pointless moment in the game when i use small repair, large repair and first aid only to move 10 meters. What is other choice? camping but i don't like to sit in one spot for 10 minutes hoping maybe enemy team will come first out of the hole. I would understand stun mechanics if it had no effect on a tank going full speed - taking no damage during arty shots - but having stun effect only on a driver while doing maneuvers or crew. Pressed Forward in full speed and tank is slowing? why? because my tank feels dizzy? :facepalm:

 

Additionally after update 1.0 i see more often 3x arty per team and i'm guessing it is connected to the profit as well. At the end WG is a business but i wish that greed would be smaller.;)

 

HF

02:17 Added after 9 minutes

View PostDiscontinued, on 14 November 2018 - 11:58 PM, said:

I voted for more than 3 

 

I think 6 per team would be a marvellous addition to random battles,

 

I still want super heavy arties 

 

:playing:

 

 

 

Why to stop at 6? let's do 10 per team and the rest of tanks will be 5x TYPE 5 or MAUS on Fiery Salient.;)

 

HF

 


Edited by Procjon, 15 November 2018 - 03:13 AM.


Procjon #14 Posted 15 November 2018 - 03:43 AM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 56762 battles
  • 614
  • Member since:
    09-08-2011

View PostPervyPastryPuffer, on 15 November 2018 - 02:02 AM, said:

 

B-but, arty prevents camping...right? :unsure:

 

1 per team, yes please. 2 in GB. Seems reasonable, though I'm not sure how their matchmaking would work then, it would be butchered completely (too long), nobody would play ar-:amazed:

 

YES! :playing: THAT'LL DO!!

 

In my opinion it doesn't prevent camping. The moment i see 3x arty per team in open map most of tanks park in the back and waits for enemy's move. It's basically about who is brave enough to step out the door first under the rain of fire.;)

 

HF

 



laulaur #15 Posted 15 November 2018 - 04:01 AM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 46978 battles
  • 1,296
  • [FUSED] FUSED
  • Member since:
    08-11-2011
1 is more than enough, but the perfect number is 0.

WoT_RU_Doing #16 Posted 15 November 2018 - 04:05 AM

    Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 48333 battles
  • 1,543
  • [-GY-] -GY-
  • Member since:
    07-20-2013

View PostProcjon, on 15 November 2018 - 02:08 AM, said:

 

The only reason i see why we have stun mechanics is to increase the profit for WG. You can add introduction of cool time of consumables as a combo effect. You don't need 3x arty auto-loaders to waste consumables without any positive outcome, 2 arty is perfectly enough when they do coordinated attack.

 

For me it is pointless moment in the game when i use small repair, large repair and first aid only to move 10 meters. What is other choice? camping but i don't like to sit in one spot for 10 minutes hoping maybe enemy team will come first out of the hole. I would understand stun mechanics if it had no effect on a tank going full speed - taking no damage during arty shots - but having stun effect only on a driver while doing maneuvers or crew. Pressed Forward in full speed and tank is slowing? why? because my tank feels dizzy? :facepalm:

 

Additionally after update 1.0 i see more often 3x arty per team and i'm guessing it is connected to the profit as well. At the end WG is a business but i wish that greed would be smaller.;)

 

HF

 

 

So if this post was answering my question, you've never actually seen 3 autoloader arties on the same team either? And note that I'm only asking because you mentioned it in the introductory sentence of this thread.

Frostilicus #17 Posted 15 November 2018 - 04:10 AM

    Lieutenant Сolonel

  • Clan Diplomat
  • 22476 battles
  • 3,009
  • [-ZNO-] -ZNO-
  • Member since:
    07-12-2011

If there's arty, people camp

If there's no arty, people just have more spots to camp in ;)

 

 



Procjon #18 Posted 15 November 2018 - 04:23 AM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 56762 battles
  • 614
  • Member since:
    09-08-2011

View PostWoT_RU_Doing, on 15 November 2018 - 03:05 AM, said:

 

So if this post was answering my question, you've never actually seen 3 autoloader arties on the same team either? And note that I'm only asking because you mentioned it in the introductory sentence of this thread.

 

I've seen it but my point was 3x is too much if 2x already can do enough damage.

 

HF

 



Hedgehog1963 #19 Posted 15 November 2018 - 07:22 AM

    Lieutenant General

  • Player
  • 51569 battles
  • 7,627
  • [DIRTY] DIRTY
  • Member since:
    04-26-2011
Five, doing damage like they used to and me in a LT.

Szatanshow #20 Posted 15 November 2018 - 07:41 AM

    Staff Sergeant

  • Player
  • 24821 battles
  • 358
  • Member since:
    01-14-2013

Removing arty - perfect for 99% players

Or make it permaspoted at the beginning of each battle

 

Also add team dmg reflect so each dmg to teammates = dmg to arty player 


Edited by Szatanshow, 15 November 2018 - 07:44 AM.





1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users