EU Article 13 and WG based YouTube videos?

article 13 thirteen eu youtube content creator video

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

Deano95 #1 Posted 14 November 2018 - 11:54 PM

Private

• Player
  • 42846 battles

This is something I'm not sure about. I think in the past wg has said they are happy to allow anyone to make content on their titles but i do not know how article 13s introduction will affect video making on World of Tanks. I have a small YouTube channel and i make videos on WoT in my spare time for fun. I don't know if the introduction of this will affect content creators in the EU. I think the majority of the largest english language content creators for WoT are in the EU. Will this content creation be stopped due to this change?

This is my channel: https://www.youtube....user/15DEAN1995

Edited by Deano95, 14 November 2018 - 11:59 PM.

Trostani #2 Posted 15 November 2018 - 12:12 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 47600 battles
  • [TDSTX] TDSTX
If nothing change in this law YT claims that they will prohibit adding new content for EU customers, so for sure IT affects your channel, no matter if it's about WoT or different theme.

Edited by Trostani, 15 November 2018 - 12:13 AM.

Deano95 #3 Posted 15 November 2018 - 12:22 AM

Private

• Player
  • 42846 battles

View PostTrostani, on 14 November 2018 - 11:12 PM, said:

If nothing change in this law YT claims that they will prohibit adding new content for EU customers, so for sure IT affects your channel, no matter if it's about WoT or different theme.

really? dam this is reaching far further than i imagined. i cant even be mad at youtube because its not worth the risk for them. if i remember right the eu can sue for millions per each individual piece of copyrighted material. the eu is such a garbage organization it has been for years its just now its affecting me directly for the first time... this wont be where they stop either they're gonna keep going further and further because they seem to want control of every aspect of people lives.

Edited by Deano95, 15 November 2018 - 12:24 AM.

Nishi_Kinuyo #4 Posted 15 November 2018 - 07:43 AM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 7832 battles
  • [GUP] GUP
Just make a youku account instead and upload it there; doubt China will care for that law.

SiliconSidewinder #5 Posted 15 November 2018 - 08:23 AM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 27878 battles

Well as someone who actually produces original content and who knows how much hard work that is, I can't say the EU is wrong about the whole issue.

Maybe the actuall law is stupidly written, but that doesn't change the core problem that a lot of internet culture is build on stealing other peoples stuff.

That might seem convenient now untill you realise that you are directly punishing the original creators that are usually just scraping by.

As for China, I wouldn't be to sure about that, China has been sucking itself rich over the last decades by liberally stealing every Idea and tech it can get it's hands on, but those times are almost over.

Soon China will be the one with a lot of original tech on it's own and it may very well take a 180 on the issue. 

Edit:

for example I know severl original creators with channels on youtube and they lare literally unkown, while other channels useing their work have millions, sometimes tens of millions of clicks.

fair game? especially when you consider some of these people have given up because they maybe the creative ones, but just not as good at attention grabbing as others?

Edited by SiliconSidewinder, 15 November 2018 - 08:29 AM.

Jigabachi #6 Posted 15 November 2018 - 09:28 AM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 17948 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
Like SS wrote above, the idea behind that law isn't bad, but they once again didn't think about the collateral damage they cause. I'm case of YouTube, that law won't protect anyone. It will cause the end of every single actively producing account, even the ones who produce original content and.

That might cause a heated discussion over the next weeks, I hope that our dear politicians understand the problem at least...

Also tagged with article, 13, thirteen, eu, youtube, content, creator, video

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users