Banned for using mods even if i don't use any mods

ban mods wargaming appeal

• Please log in to reply
57 replies to this topic

Franjevina #1 Posted 15 November 2018 - 11:34 PM

Private

• Player
  • 636 battles

So today i'm playing a little,doing stuff on internet  when all of a sudden BAM your account is suspended for " unsportmanslike conduct " and i'm like what the hell so i submit a ticket .

Fairly fast i got a response that wargaming found " that some of the mods i'm using fall in category of cheating and unfairness and therefore they are not permitted in game " .

That would be all great if there wasn't for a small little fact that i'm not using any damn mods whatsoever .

Now i now that some people here will say " oh yeah sure " ... but i'm telling you 100 % honestly i'm not using not a single mode,not even XVM,nothing ... zero .... nada .... nich ....

I have cleanly installed  World of Tanks client from wargaming website without any modifications .

I tried to appeal this,but since wargaming in their Papal Infallibility are not permitting any ban appeals ( you get copy/paste automatic response ) i'm just speechless that a player can get a suspension out of a sky in this case for no goddamn reason without any chance for someone to check situation twice .

Next time i or any other player can receive permaban and we can't do a damn thing about it .

To make matter worse - couple of weeks ago i bought 1 year of premium,that's money out of my pocket to a company that treats it's customers this way .... well never again .

Drone81 #2 Posted 15 November 2018 - 11:45 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 21177 battles
  • [1VTD] 1VTD

Under European Regulation and Law, in wich Wargaming EU operates, they are required by these laws to provide you with any evidence that can back up their claim of you using illegal mods

any article in the EULA that states otherwise are illegal and you can ignore these

BravelyRanAway #3 Posted 15 November 2018 - 11:50 PM

General

• Beta Tester
  • 22991 battles
  • [H_I_T] H_I_T

What does it say when you try to log in?

Just to point out that some players have been given temp bans for team damage/abuse in chat, while getting wrong support replies about banned mods.

Edited by BravelyRanAway, 15 November 2018 - 11:58 PM.

Isharial #4 Posted 15 November 2018 - 11:59 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 20431 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View PostFranjevina, on 15 November 2018 - 11:34 PM, said:

So today i'm playing a little,doing stuff on internet  when all of a sudden BAM your account is suspended for " unsportmanslike conduct " and i'm like what the hell so i submit a ticket .

Fairly fast i got a response that wargaming found " that some of the mods i'm using fall in category of cheating and unfairness and therefore they are not permitted in game " .

That would be all great if there wasn't for a small little fact that i'm not using any damn mods whatsoever .

Now i now that some people here will say " oh yeah sure " ... but i'm telling you 100 % honestly i'm not using not a single mode,not even XVM,nothing ... zero .... nada .... nich ....

I have cleanly installed  World of Tanks client from wargaming website without any modifications .

I tried to appeal this,but since wargaming in their Papal Infallibility are not permitting any ban appeals ( you get copy/paste automatic response ) i'm just speechless that a player can get a suspension out of a sky in this case for no goddamn reason without any chance for someone to check situation twice .

Next time i or any other player can receive permaban and we can't do a damn thing about it .

To make matter worse - couple of weeks ago i bought 1 year of premium,that's money out of my pocket to a company that treats it's customers this way .... well never again .

so lets just step back a moment here. if you were truly innocent, then, how would you be banned? they need evidence to do so, and how can you collect evidence if there is none to collect? 

they don't just look at someone at one point and say "oh, lets ban him!". they follow someone, watch what they do, and ban them later when they can be certain you are cheating.

that said, you said the ban is for "Unsportsmanlike conduct" which isn't the same as being banned for cheating, so it seems like a copy paste answer from support there twisting your thoughts onto something it most likely isn't. 

UC is usually for people who either play badly, or are complete nobs in game, such as suiciding players or drowners

the fact you got banned for that, means you really should start to look in the mirror at how You are playing, because its clear your either attracting a lot of attention by doing something, such as pushing TKing etc.. or your drowning a lot and people are reporting you for it (and good on them if its the latter)

you have 500 battles atm, and not a single tank below T6. that can make some people report you regardless, specially given you don't play like a complete potato. all the "reroll" business... then yo add gold ammo on top of that, and well... its not going to be pretty.. (its a sore topic, but id guess you already know about that? )

Jumping_TurtIe #5 Posted 16 November 2018 - 12:04 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 6268 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View PostDrone81, on 15 November 2018 - 11:45 PM, said:

Under European Regulation and Law, in wich Wargaming EU operates, they are required by these laws to provide you with any evidence that can back up their claim of you using illegal mods

any article in the EULA that states otherwise are illegal and you can ignore these

Unsportsmanship conduct bans are mostly not for using illegal mods but caused by other players reporting you.

Drone81 #6 Posted 16 November 2018 - 12:13 AM

Corporal

• Player
  • 21177 battles
  • [1VTD] 1VTD

View PostJumping_TurtIe, on 16 November 2018 - 12:04 AM, said:

Unsportsmanship conduct bans are mostly not for using illegal mods but caused by other players reporting you.

and like a support guy said to me when creating a ticket for WoWs, most of them are probably false . . .

in WoT and WoWs players ABUSE the report system, yet nothing is done against that

don't play like i think you should: report

"camping" with a non turret TD (or a BB on long range): report

taking your pre-caution as a slow firing DD (japanese DD's) against fast firing DD's (not rushing cap): report

vaporizing your target with 1 shot (salvo WoWs): report

etc . . .

so yeah, what's the point if support only ban you based on these kind of "reports", we as a user have the right to know . ..

Dorander #7 Posted 16 November 2018 - 12:17 AM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 18669 battles

View PostDrone81, on 15 November 2018 - 10:45 PM, said:

Got a source for that claim? I'm having trouble thinking of a EU law that prevents companies from banning you from their own servers.

Strappster #8 Posted 16 November 2018 - 12:31 AM

General

• Player
  • 25538 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

POPULAR

View PostFranjevina, on 15 November 2018 - 10:34 PM, said:

You haven't been suspended for mods, you've been suspended for your behaviour in game. There's been a couple of other cases recently where people have received the same ban and the same response. The message you get when trying to log in is the actual cause of your ban.

There's recently been a ban wave under the Fair Play Policy (news item) and you're not the first player to have received a copy/paste response about mods from Support, presumably because they're getting a lot of tickets from players impacted by the wave. That doesn't excuse Support from not responding to your ticket with a more appropriate copy/paste but hopefully it helps explain it.

It doesn't take much to find what might have led to your UC ban, however, when there are replays like this one. Fair's fair, the uploader of that replay doesn't name & shame but he does mention a "troll account player" in a "big, stupid Japanese heavy" and there happens to only be one Japanese heavy in that battle, played by the OP.

OP goes to the TD camping shelf on Sand River, waits a while, sees the battle isn't coming to them and unprovoked, decides to push a Hellcat out of cover and down the front slope. Hellcat is stuck on his side for most of the remainder of the battle while OP taunts him about camping.

*edited

In short, UC ban for intentional griefing, incorrect copy/paste response from Support.

Edited by flashmove_iron, 16 November 2018 - 10:42 AM.
Naming and shaming

Alabamatick #9 Posted 16 November 2018 - 12:47 AM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 31849 battles

View PostStrappster, on 15 November 2018 - 11:31 PM, said:

You haven't been suspended for mods, you've been suspended for your behaviour in game. There's been a couple of other cases recently where people have received the same ban and the same response. The message you get when trying to log in is the actual cause of your ban.

There's recently been a ban wave under the Fair Play Policy (news item) and you're not the first player to have received a copy/paste response about mods from Support, presumably because they're getting a lot of tickets from players impacted by the wave. That doesn't excuse Support from not responding to your ticket with a more appropriate copy/paste but hopefully it helps explain it.

It doesn't take much to find what might have led to your UC ban, however, when there are replays like this one. Fair's fair, the uploader of that replay doesn't name & shame but he does mention a "troll account player" in a "big, stupid Japanese heavy" and there happens to only be one Japanese heavy in that battle, played by the OP.

OP goes to the TD camping shelf on Sand River, waits a while, sees the battle isn't coming to them and unprovoked, decides to push a Hellcat out of cover and down the front slope. Hellcat is stuck on his side for most of the remainder of the battle while OP taunts him about camping.

*edited

In short, UC ban for intentional griefing, incorrect copy/paste response from Support.

So the report system actually works after all

@OP, no you weren't banned for mods but for being a douche, lets hope the next ones a perma ban

Edited by flashmove_iron, 16 November 2018 - 10:44 AM.

Slyspy #10 Posted 16 November 2018 - 12:51 AM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 14205 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

Citation needed.

Franjevina #11 Posted 16 November 2018 - 12:57 AM

Private

• Player
  • 636 battles

View PostStrappster, on 16 November 2018 - 12:31 AM, said:

Now i could also post some nice screenshots from that player from battle before that about rape of my family etc ... or i couldn't actually because that WOULD be name and shame ( as you are trying to do now ),so you feel free to try and twist this situation in your buddies favor ,instead of raging insults i responded with little trolling ,call the cops . btw that was 18 days ago .

View PostAlabamatick, on 16 November 2018 - 12:47 AM, said:

@OP, no you weren't banned for mods but for being a douche, lets hope the next ones a perma ban

Tnx,u 2 .

Balc0ra #12 Posted 16 November 2018 - 12:58 AM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 67337 battles
  • [WALL] WALL

Meaning you got banned for how you behave in game. Not for what mods you use. There has been a ban wave recently for illegal mods. And I suspect support has a high threshold of tickets regarding so. So some staff there might run on autopilot and just give you an "illegal mod" reply. It's clearly not what you have been banned for as stated by your suspension reason. As in your farmed reports. Not that they detected you cheating. 

Don't matter if you pay or not. You are not protected from getting banned for whatever you did to farm reports. Be that pushing out allies, shooting them or even blocking as shown above in your O-I. That's why you got banned. Not by mods. Mod use would be a 7 day or perma ban. If you check your login I suspect there is a date there if you still can't get in. That states when you are allowed to play again. And I'm willing to bet that time until you can play again is lower than 7 days. As in between 1 hour or 3 days. 

If so. Then you just need to play nicer and don't be rude to Hellcats next time. So you can make use of your 1 year without getting banned again. It's not more complicated than that. As the next ban will be longer if you push a hellcat like that again.  

Edited by Balc0ra, 16 November 2018 - 01:00 AM.

Jigabachi #13 Posted 16 November 2018 - 01:05 AM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 17948 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

Can you show us those laws?

Last time I checked, the EU was still ages behind when it comes to these kinds of things...

@ thread: Hey, another case of "100% innocent player turns out to be 90% less innocent."

Strappster #14 Posted 16 November 2018 - 01:07 AM

General

• Player
  • 25538 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View PostAlabamatick, on 15 November 2018 - 11:47 PM, said:

So the report system actually works after all

I'm not sure this is conclusive evidence of that. It's not unlikely that OP may have behaved in a similar manner in other battles but by the same token, the guy who uploaded that replay tagged it for Claus so it's possible he might also have raised a ticket to report OP directly.

View PostFranjevina, on 15 November 2018 - 11:57 PM, said:

Now i could also post some nice screenshots from that player from battle before that about rape of my family etc ... or i couldn't actually because that WOULD be name and shame ( as you are trying to do now ),so you feel free to try and twist this situation in your buddies favor ,instead of raging insults i responded with little trolling ,call the cops . btw that was 18 days ago .

Not my buddy, not naming and shaming when you're the one who's raised the issue in the first place and all I've done is look for replays that include you and I'm not trying to twist anything - this is the first we've heard about any actions from the same player in the previous battle. The replay being 18 days ago is irrelevant when it comes to UC reports - you can build them up over time or that might be how long it's taken for Support to get around to reviewing that particular replay.

Despite how unlikely it is that you'd see the same player twice in quick succession, particularly when playing at peak time (server time is given as 4pm on a Sunday afternoon), feel free to send me the screenshots and replay file by PM and I'll happily look them over.

N_Sask_R #15 Posted 16 November 2018 - 01:16 AM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 2376 battles
I'd say pushing someone off a cliff is unsportsmanlike!  Granted "some" reports are invalid, I think doing that crossed a line somewhere :P  Most reports I think are not valid, we don't all agree on the best tactics, being unskilled or just doing something unpopular isn't unsportsmanlike its just different.  I've even seen some who feel the logical spot for them to park the only scout on the team is behind arty, I'm sure they have their own logic for such things and are trying to accomplish a win?

Balc0ra #16 Posted 16 November 2018 - 01:39 AM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 67337 battles
  • [WALL] WALL

View PostFranjevina, on 16 November 2018 - 12:57 AM, said:

We only have your word for that. And it still shows why you got banned does it not? Don't matter if it was 2 weeks or today. Once the report review is done. You get banned. And if he did tell you that in the battle before... I suspect you would say something different in chat then that. And I suspect he would react back. But he did not. And I highly doubt you got banned for that incident alone unless you farmed reports from every single one at that team. So again.. keep playing nice and you won't have issues. 

And if they do say that stuff to you. You show that image to support if it was that nasty. You don't take action into your own hands. As that's when you get banned and not him. It's like when others shot one time at you, and you fire 4 times back and get banned. Even if they started it, they are still playing, and you are not. 

Hedgehog1963 #17 Posted 16 November 2018 - 02:32 AM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 51580 battles
  • [DIRTY] DIRTY
Their rules.

Procjon #18 Posted 16 November 2018 - 04:00 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 56785 battles

View PostIsharial, on 15 November 2018 - 10:59 PM, said:

they don't just look at someone at one point and say "oh, lets ban him!". they follow someone, watch what they do, and ban them later when they can be certain you are cheating.

Sure, sure :trollface: because WOT is a perfect game and people hired by WG are all fair and square warriors of injustice :popcorn: 

HF

unhappy_bunny #19 Posted 16 November 2018 - 05:00 AM

Major

• Player
  • 18576 battles
  • [-OC-] -OC-

Dear OP,

To use your own words.......

HAHAHAHAHA.

Dorander #20 Posted 16 November 2018 - 08:13 AM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 18669 battles

View PostFranjevina, on 15 November 2018 - 11:57 PM, said:

Your mistake is in thinking this is some kind of you vs that guy scenario and the "winner" of not being the worst in that scene somehow means you don't get to face any consequences. This isn't the case, it's you vs Wargaming's rules. You break rules, you are responsible, you get to face the consequences, doesn't matter what the other guy did or how upset he made you. This is why you should simply report people and move on rather than break rules in some silly revenge act.

Also tagged with ban, mods, wargaming, appeal

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users