Jump to content


Remove fire damage from FF calculations!

friendly fire

  • Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

vixu #1 Posted 16 November 2018 - 11:46 PM

    Colonel

  • Player
  • 44212 battles
  • 3,517
  • Member since:
    03-19-2011
Almost got banned, for a single shot. 

Took a long shot, my ally in my platoon drove in. He got full damage + fire + died 3 seconds later. Apparently all of it got registered as a repetitive team damage. Now I am blue. Considering the fact that I generally avoid FF, I'd say - it is pretty broken.

vp56 #2 Posted 16 November 2018 - 11:51 PM

    Corporal

  • Player
  • 3424 battles
  • 149
  • [-UM] -UM
  • Member since:
    01-10-2013

For how long did he burn? Would be nice to know.

 

I am pretty sure that while you can turn blue in a few cases where you're not really to blame, you generally won't get a ban for it - and for us nice guys the 'blue' doesn't matter at all and disappears after a few games. It's actually a great system - though it could surely use more 'cumulative action', i.e. giving (active) penalties to those who, say, do one shot of team damage every match. Technically I guess you could nuke a teammate in a FV4005 one time per game if you wanted to.



NekoPuffer_PPP #3 Posted 16 November 2018 - 11:53 PM

    Lieutenant Сolonel

  • Player
  • 32890 battles
  • 3,388
  • [VRTC] VRTC
  • Member since:
    09-13-2013

Remove team damage.

 

Hey, qpranger, come like this.



Nishi_Kinuyo #4 Posted 16 November 2018 - 11:55 PM

    Major General

  • Player
  • 8398 battles
  • 5,656
  • [GUP] GUP
  • Member since:
    05-28-2011

So it can be opened up for abuse? :unsure:

Great idea, lets put it right into the game! :facepalm:



vixu #5 Posted 16 November 2018 - 11:56 PM

    Colonel

  • Player
  • 44212 battles
  • 3,517
  • Member since:
    03-19-2011

View Postvp56, on 16 November 2018 - 11:51 PM, said:

For how long did he burn? Would be nice to know.

 

I am pretty sure that while you can turn blue in a few cases where you're not really to blame, you generally won't get a ban for it - and for us nice guys the 'blue' doesn't matter at all and disappears after a few games. It's actually a great system - though it could surely use more 'cumulative action', i.e. giving (active) penalties to those who, say, do one shot of team damage every match. Technically I guess you could nuke a teammate in a FV4005 one time per game if you wanted to.

 

It was very fast. I think 2-3 seconds max. it was about then 460 damage in total, and I think, initial roll was about 360. 
 

And I am generally a nice guy. Never return fire, and don't remember the last time I actually shot green on purpose.Though, had a few accidents. Last time I was blue - it was 5-6 years ago



Bordhaw #6 Posted 17 November 2018 - 10:42 AM

    Colonel

  • Player
  • 13588 battles
  • 3,896
  • Member since:
    01-29-2017

View Postvixu, on 16 November 2018 - 10:46 PM, said:

Almost got banned, for a single shot. 

Took a long shot, my ally in my platoon drove in. He got full damage + fire + died 3 seconds later. Apparently all of it got registered as a repetitive team damage. Now I am blue. Considering the fact that I generally avoid FF, I'd say - it is pretty broken.

 

I'm sure your life won't be ruined with one friendly fire incident out of your 42,000 battles



laulaur #7 Posted 17 November 2018 - 10:45 AM

    Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 47485 battles
  • 1,765
  • [FOXX] FOXX
  • Member since:
    08-11-2011


Jigabachi #8 Posted 17 November 2018 - 11:05 AM

    Field Marshal

  • Player
  • 17948 battles
  • 20,952
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
  • Member since:
    08-12-2011
The "fire ticks" shouldn't count as FF hits, to not trigger instant bans, but the victim should get more compensation from the shooter.

OreH75 #9 Posted 17 November 2018 - 08:28 PM

    Major

  • Player
  • 51130 battles
  • 2,830
  • Member since:
    05-29-2013

View Postlaulaur, on 17 November 2018 - 10:45 AM, said:

 

Sorry he will not be able to come anymore...

02qaWsg.jpg

 



laulaur #10 Posted 17 November 2018 - 08:48 PM

    Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 47485 battles
  • 1,765
  • [FOXX] FOXX
  • Member since:
    08-11-2011

View PostOreH75, on 17 November 2018 - 07:28 PM, said:

 

Sorry he will not be able to come anymore...

02qaWsg.jpg

 

 



NekoPuffer_PPP #11 Posted 17 November 2018 - 08:52 PM

    Lieutenant Сolonel

  • Player
  • 32890 battles
  • 3,388
  • [VRTC] VRTC
  • Member since:
    09-13-2013

View PostOreH75, on 17 November 2018 - 08:28 PM, said:

Sorry he will not be able to come anymore...

02qaWsg.jpg

 

qpranger killed by a guy with RANGR clan tag :trollface:

 

Can it get any more perfect? :D



Jigabachi #12 Posted 17 November 2018 - 09:00 PM

    Field Marshal

  • Player
  • 17948 battles
  • 20,952
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
  • Member since:
    08-12-2011

View PostPervyPastryPuffer, on 17 November 2018 - 08:52 PM, said:

 

qpranger killed by a guy with RANGR clan tag :trollface:

 

Can it get any more perfect? :D

Start a second account, name it "Xx_H4M5TER|K1LLER_xX" and start praying to the god of RNG. :P



laulaur #13 Posted 17 November 2018 - 09:32 PM

    Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 47485 battles
  • 1,765
  • [FOXX] FOXX
  • Member since:
    08-11-2011

The hero we deserve is alive! :):izmena:

 

Spoiler

 







Also tagged with friendly fire

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users