New drive installed, copy or reinstall WoT on new drive?

drive install keep configurat

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

Nosfera2s_polare #1 Posted 18 November 2018 - 12:56 PM

Private

• Player
  • 15383 battles
Hi,

I just installed a new extra drive on my PC and i want to move my WoT installation to the new  drive to clear up space on the original drive.

I most likely have uninstall WoT and reinstall it on the new drive and i am wondering if all my tanks, crew, creadits, gold, experince  etc.... will be available again after i have reinstalled WoT?

If i don't have to reinstall WoT and can actually copy it to the new drive, what exactly do i need to do?

Thank you / Nosfera2a polare

jabster #2 Posted 18 November 2018 - 02:00 PM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 12614 battles
  • [WSAT] WSAT

View PostNosfera2s_polare, on 18 November 2018 - 11:56 AM, said:

Hi,

I just installed a new extra drive on my PC and i want to move my WoT installation to the new  drive to clear up space on the original drive.

I most likely have uninstall WoT and reinstall it on the new drive and i am wondering if all my tanks, crew, creadits, gold, experince  etc.... will be available again after i have reinstalled WoT?

If i don't have to reinstall WoT and can actually copy it to the new drive, what exactly do i need to do?

Thank you / Nosfera2a polare

Not sure if you can just copy the instal folder, maybe just try it and see what happens. As for tanks etc. That’s all server side so you won’t lose any of that.

Dead_in_30_seconds #3 Posted 18 November 2018 - 02:46 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 3523 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

Hi

You won't be able to just copy it across, as the Registry will still expect to find WoT on the original installation drive, ie Drive C:

To avoid potential problems, I highly recommend you do a complete uninstall, followed by a fresh install to the new drive.

You won't lose any of your current stats, tanks, gold etc, as they are linked to your account, not your install. As long as you log into the game using your existing account details, all will be the same.

Hope this helps.

Pansenmann #4 Posted 18 November 2018 - 10:19 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 34808 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View PostDead_in_30_seconds, on 18 November 2018 - 02:46 PM, said:

Hi

You won't be able to just copy it across, as the Registry will still expect to find WoT on the original installation drive, ie Drive C:

To avoid potential problems, I highly recommend you do a complete uninstall, followed by a fresh install to the new drive.

You won't lose any of your current stats, tanks, gold etc, as they are linked to your account, not your install. As long as you log into the game using your existing account details, all will be the same.

Hope this helps.

just copy it across, it works

regardless if you move install folder or just copy it over to a PC that never had it installed.

If you use the wargaming launcher, you might have to point it to the new folder.

Homer_J #5 Posted 18 November 2018 - 10:59 PM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 30191 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View Postjabster, on 18 November 2018 - 02:00 PM, said:

Not sure if you can just copy the instal folder, 

Yes you can.
22:06 Added after 7 minutes

View PostDead_in_30_seconds, on 18 November 2018 - 02:46 PM, said:

Hi

There is nothing of any consequence in the registry for WoT.

Balc0ra #6 Posted 18 November 2018 - 11:10 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 68087 battles
  • [WALL] WALL
Just copy it, it works. WOT doesn't need windows registry to work. Once WOT starts from the new location the %appdata% wot folder will update to sort your settings out. If you have the WG game center, you just tell that where the new location is. 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users