Ban ChatBan Players Communication Strategy

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
44 replies to this topic

HONORL3SS #1 Posted 20 November 2018 - 08:06 PM

Private

• Player
  • 6348 battles
  • [KEKE] KEKE

Welcome to my thread on chat bans. Below is a ticket that I sent to support, but also would like to share with the community as it speaks of matters that are relevant to all players. Whether you have been banned or someone on your team, this concerns you!

*edited*  

(P.S. This is also going on the forums, as I believe that this is not only my opinion)

Edited by Jahpero, 21 November 2018 - 11:44 AM.
Edited : Shared a private conversation with player support / Discussing moderation and sanctions.

NekoPuffer_PPP #2 Posted 20 November 2018 - 08:12 PM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 32890 battles
  • [VRTC] VRTC

Nobody should ever get chatbanned by an AI. An AI can't know why a word that supposedly is not allowed does not break any immediate rules and/or doesn't bother anyone.

WG's attempt at simplifying the system against toxicity has led to the chat system being completely destroyed and useless.

It should've stayed like it always was, and it worked fine. If somebody is offended, they report the offender. Done deal.

With this system, everyone is getting chatbanned...NO GAME DOES THIS...this won't work. Bring back the old system. Scrap the AI.

Erwin_Von_Braun #3 Posted 20 November 2018 - 08:12 PM

Major General

• Player
  • 41698 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

Another whine thread on this topic?

Seems WG have finally decided to pull their fingers out and deal with in-game toxicity.

NekoPuffer_PPP #4 Posted 20 November 2018 - 08:14 PM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 32890 battles
  • [VRTC] VRTC

View PostErwin_Von_Braun, on 20 November 2018 - 08:12 PM, said:

Another whine thread on this topic?

Seems WG have finally decided to pull their fingers out and deal with in-game toxicity.

Many of those who got chatbanned aren't toxic at all...the automatic system is blindly ruthless and faulty.

Jigabachi #5 Posted 20 November 2018 - 08:15 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 17948 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

Block Quote

If the people don't like what you say they can turn on the chat filter

And if raging in the chat is against the rules and causes a ban, you can stop doing that to avoid getting a ban.

But to be fair, due to the recent wave of bans, I'm not entirely sure anymore if the system dishes out reasonable bans. 

jabster #6 Posted 20 November 2018 - 08:17 PM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 12649 battles
  • [WSAT] WSAT

View PostSanGermain, on 20 November 2018 - 07:06 PM, said:

Welcome to my thread on chat bans. Below is a ticket that I sent to support, but also would like to share with the community as it speaks of matters that are relevant to all players. Whether you have been banned or someone on your team, this concerns you!

*edited*  

(P.S. This is also going on the forums, as I believe that this is not only my opinion)

Why should someone else have to disable chat because you can't follow the rules?
19:18 Added after 0 minutes

View PostPervyPastryPuffer, on 20 November 2018 - 07:14 PM, said:

Many of those who got chatbanned aren't toxic at all...the automatic system is blindly ruthless and faulty.

Not in your case though.

NUKLEAR_SLUG #7 Posted 20 November 2018 - 08:19 PM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 32429 battles
  • [FISHY] FISHY

View PostPervyPastryPuffer, on 20 November 2018 - 08:12 PM, said:

With this system, everyone is getting chatbanned...NO GAME DOES THIS...this won't work. Bring back the old system. Scrap the AI.

No, not everyone is getting banned, just the ones that like to rage at their team. So going by the number of people complaining that they can't rage at their teammates for a few days it sounds like it's working just fine.

View PostSanGermain, on 20 November 2018 - 08:06 PM, said:

I definitely see the punish factor in this ban but it also goes against the game, can't you see that?

Good, so you've learned the lesson and it'll encourage you to behave in future. If there was no punishment you wouldn't learn anything would you?

Edited by NUKLEAR_SLUG, 20 November 2018 - 08:24 PM.

HONORL3SS #8 Posted 20 November 2018 - 08:24 PM

Private

• Player
  • 6348 battles
  • [KEKE] KEKE

View PostNUKLEAR_SLUG, on 20 November 2018 - 08:19 PM, said:

No, not everyone is getting banned, just the ones that like to rage at their team. So going by the number of people complaining that they can't rage at their teammates for a few days it sounds like it's working just fine

I'm attempting to say that the Ban does more damage than good to the game. Yes, I may be toxic at times but I also am the type of player who tries to warn you when there is movement on the map (eg. falling trees) or wants to communicate to win.

Bennie182 #9 Posted 20 November 2018 - 08:24 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 55035 battles
  • [WGL-A] WGL-A
don't discuss tickets. I will get you banned from the forum.. this should be clear by now as it's been said numerous times before in several topics... :facepalm:

HONORL3SS #10 Posted 20 November 2018 - 08:26 PM

Private

• Player
  • 6348 battles
  • [KEKE] KEKE

View PostBennie182, on 20 November 2018 - 08:24 PM, said:

don't discuss tickets. I will get you banned from the forum.. this should be clear by now as it's been said numerous times before in several topics... :facepalm:

Yet this topic concerns you too and its not like im posting wgs response.

NUKLEAR_SLUG #11 Posted 20 November 2018 - 08:26 PM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 32429 battles
  • [FISHY] FISHY

View PostSanGermain, on 20 November 2018 - 08:24 PM, said:

I'm attempting to say that the Ban does more damage than good to the game. Yes, I may be toxic at times but I also am the type of player who tries to warn you when there is movement on the map (eg. falling trees) or wants to communicate to win.

No it doesn't, it directly inconveniences you. Now if you choose to behave better in future then you'll never have to suffer that inconvenience again will you?

Simple really.

HONORL3SS #12 Posted 20 November 2018 - 08:29 PM

Private

• Player
  • 6348 battles
  • [KEKE] KEKE

View PostNUKLEAR_SLUG, on 20 November 2018 - 08:26 PM, said:

No it doesn't, it directly inconveniences you. Now if you choose to behave better in future then you'll never have to suffer that inconvenience again will you?

Simple really.

As a player can not know who in your team is banned it does not concern just me. I'm just willing to take a stand. Additionally, it's an inconvenience for you too if you cannot communicate with anyone who has a ban and who may be you last surviving ally. So I kindly ask you to stop attempting to dislodge my argument.

NUKLEAR_SLUG #13 Posted 20 November 2018 - 08:33 PM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 32429 battles
  • [FISHY] FISHY

View PostSanGermain, on 20 November 2018 - 08:29 PM, said:

As a player can not know who in your team is banned it does not concern just me. I'm just willing to take a stand. Additionally, it's an inconvenience for you too if you cannot communicate with anyone who has a ban and who may be you last surviving ally. So I kindly ask you to stop attempting to dislodge my argument.

Wasn't aware you had an argument, just looks like a lot of moaning because you broke the rules and got punished for it.

If your worry is that getting chat banned negatively affects the quality of the game then there's a simple solution to that problem. Behave yourself so you don't get chat banned.

Erwin_Von_Braun #14 Posted 20 November 2018 - 08:36 PM

Major General

• Player
  • 41698 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View PostPervyPastryPuffer, on 20 November 2018 - 07:14 PM, said:

Maybe not, but they must be doing something wrong & WG have decided to make an example of them.

NekoPuffer_PPP #15 Posted 20 November 2018 - 09:05 PM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 32890 battles
  • [VRTC] VRTC

View PostErwin_Von_Braun, on 20 November 2018 - 08:36 PM, said:

Maybe not, but they must be doing something wrong & WG have decided to make an example of them.

It is entirely possible to be vulgar without being offensive and/or toxic. This system cannot tell the difference between the two, that's the problem.

View Postjabster, on 20 November 2018 - 08:17 PM, said:

1 - Why should someone else have to disable chat because you can't follow the rules?

2- Not in your case though.

1: Disable? No, there's a filter to enable.

2: Pardon me for feeling bad for some of my friends who are chatbanned and who I'm absolutely certain don't deserve to be. I may be rough around the edges but it's with the intention to win, not give up.

There is no war without foul language. It is impossible to maintain a war game completely toxic-free. Look at any other shooter game.

If this was a simple strategy game I wouldn't mind, but this is a strategy-shooter game. Shooters contain foul language and it will always be that way. Shooter games aren't for children, and any attempt to make them kid-friendly will not go through in the end. Mark my words. This is not a threat, it is a fact.

Banning people for foul language, regardless whether it is directed at anyone or not, is ridiculous. We're not kids. We're adults. Adults do not need sheltering.

The only form of foul language deserving a ban would be racism, threats, etc.

Erwin_Von_Braun #16 Posted 20 November 2018 - 09:11 PM

Major General

• Player
  • 41698 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View PostPervyPastryPuffer, on 20 November 2018 - 08:05 PM, said:

It is entirely possible to be vulgar without being offensive and/or toxic. This system cannot tell the difference between the two, that's the problem.

1: Disable? No, there's a filter to enable.

2: Pardon me for feeling bad for some of my friends who are chatbanned and who I'm absolutely certain don't deserve to be. I may be rough around the edges but it's with the intention to win, not give up.

There is no war without foul language. It is impossible to maintain a war game completely toxic-free. Look at any other shooter game.

If this was a simple strategy game I wouldn't mind, but this is a strategy-shooter game. Shooters contain foul language and it will always be that way. Shooter games aren't for children, and any attempt to make them kid-friendly will not go through in the end. Mark my words. This is not a threat, it is a fact.

Banning people for foul language, regardless whether it is directed at anyone or not, is ridiculous. We're not kids. We're adults. Adults do not need sheltering.

The only form of foul language deserving a ban would be racism, threats, etc.

Is it really a problem?

Some people don't want to listen to a bad tempered child flapping his chops.

If it forces people to behave in a more civilized fashion then surely that's a good thing?

Edit: Not everyone who plays this game is an adult, in fact it's got me wondering what the average age of a typical WoT player is?

Edited by Erwin_Von_Braun, 20 November 2018 - 09:12 PM.

NekoPuffer_PPP #17 Posted 20 November 2018 - 09:20 PM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 32890 battles
  • [VRTC] VRTC

View PostErwin_Von_Braun, on 20 November 2018 - 09:11 PM, said:

Is it really a problem?

Some people don't want to listen to a bad tempered child flapping his chops.

If it forces people to behave in a more civilized fashion then surely that's a good thing?

Edit: Not everyone who plays this game is an adult, in fact it's got me wondering what the average age of a typical WoT player is?

Those just get muted through a right-click menu...it's not a bother.

I'll act civilized at the office and in public, I don't care how I act online (nice or not) (especially to toxic tw@s) because nobody knows how anybody looks like.

It's been like that for years, why is it suddenly a problem now?

I'm curious about the demographic now too...

jabster #18 Posted 20 November 2018 - 09:24 PM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 12649 battles
  • [WSAT] WSAT

View PostPervyPastryPuffer, on 20 November 2018 - 08:20 PM, said:

I'll act civilized at the office and in public, I don't care how I act online (nice or not) (especially to toxic tw@s) because nobody knows how anybody looks like.

So yet again it comes down to because you’re behind a keyboard you think you can act as you wish.

Erwin_Von_Braun #19 Posted 20 November 2018 - 09:25 PM

Major General

• Player
  • 41698 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View PostPervyPastryPuffer, on 20 November 2018 - 08:20 PM, said:

I suspect it's a problem now because of that demographic.

View Postjabster, on 20 November 2018 - 08:24 PM, said:

So yet again it comes down to because you’re behind a keyboard you think you can act as you wish.

This^

NekoPuffer_PPP #20 Posted 20 November 2018 - 09:31 PM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 32890 battles
  • [VRTC] VRTC

View Postjabster, on 20 November 2018 - 09:24 PM, said:

Wrong. I don't act unruly to those who don't act unruly towards me. If they want a fight I'll give them one, but I'm normally nice.

Quit twisting my statements against me.

Nice trolls liking that reply lol... Take some facts into consideration before you start siding with the wrong people.

Also tagged with Ban, ChatBan, Players, Communication, Strategy

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users