Jump to content


Bans and Chat Bans Criticism and Appeal

Ban ChatBan Players Communication Strategy

  • This topic is locked This topic is locked
44 replies to this topic

Erwin_Von_Braun #21 Posted 20 November 2018 - 09:33 PM

    Major General

  • Player
  • 41751 battles
  • 5,911
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
  • Member since:
    01-25-2014

View PostPervyPastryPuffer, on 20 November 2018 - 08:31 PM, said:

 

Wrong. I don't act unruly to those who don't act unruly towards me. If they want a fight I'll give them one, but I'm normally nice.

 

Quit twisting my statements against me.

 


Nice trolls liking that reply lol... Take some facts into consideration before you start siding with the wrong people.

 

There is nothing 'troll' about that my friend.

Jabster is spot on and, to be quite frank, it never ceases to amaze me the amount of people that use 'it's the internet' as an excuse for poor behaviour.



XxKuzkina_MatxX #22 Posted 20 November 2018 - 09:36 PM

    Colonel

  • Player
  • 53201 battles
  • 3,783
  • [OBY] OBY
  • Member since:
    04-02-2016

View PostPervyPastryPuffer, on 20 November 2018 - 10:31 PM, said:


Nice trolls liking that reply lol... Take some facts into consideration before you start siding with the wrong people.

 

I am not liking that reply but i kind of agree with it somehow especially after reading some of your posts in the last 72 hours but i am curious about which facts did you mean?

LordMuffin #23 Posted 20 November 2018 - 09:38 PM

    Field Marshal

  • Player
  • 50464 battles
  • 12,400
  • [-GLO-] -GLO-
  • Member since:
    06-21-2011

View PostPervyPastryPuffer, on 20 November 2018 - 08:12 PM, said:

Nobody should ever get chatbanned by an AI. An AI can't know why a word that supposedly is not allowed does not break any immediate rules and/or doesn't bother anyone.

 

WG's attempt at simplifying the system against toxicity has led to the chat system being completely destroyed and useless.

 

It should've stayed like it always was, and it worked fine. If somebody is offended, they report the offender. Done deal.

 

With this system, everyone is getting chatbanned...NO GAME DOES THIS...this won't work. Bring back the old system. Scrap the AI.

Any well programmed AI with good enough statistical foundation can ban a player without being wrong.

 

It is quite simple to not get banned, don't be a [edited]snowflake.



NekoPuffer_PPP #24 Posted 20 November 2018 - 09:38 PM

    Lieutenant Сolonel

  • Player
  • 32907 battles
  • 3,396
  • [VRTC] VRTC
  • Member since:
    09-13-2013

View PostErwin_Von_Braun, on 20 November 2018 - 09:33 PM, said:

There is nothing 'troll' about that my friend.

Jabster is spot on and, to be quite frank, it never ceases to amaze me the amount of people that use 'it's the internet' as an excuse for poor behaviour.

 

Well if I happen to use that excuse against those very people who use that same excuse to be toxic, then am I really negatively affecting anyone innocent? :hiding: Fight fire with fire, then block and report, that's how it always went.

Erwin_Von_Braun #25 Posted 20 November 2018 - 09:39 PM

    Major General

  • Player
  • 41751 battles
  • 5,911
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
  • Member since:
    01-25-2014

View PostPervyPastryPuffer, on 20 November 2018 - 08:38 PM, said:

 

Well if I happen to use that excuse against those very people who use that same excuse to be toxic, then am I really negatively affecting anyone innocent? :hiding: Fight fire with fire, then block and report, that's how it always went.


:facepalm:


Edited by Erwin_Von_Braun, 20 November 2018 - 09:41 PM.


jabster #26 Posted 20 November 2018 - 09:40 PM

    Field Marshal

  • Beta Tester
  • 12649 battles
  • 25,346
  • [WSAT] WSAT
  • Member since:
    12-30-2010

View PostErwin_Von_Braun, on 20 November 2018 - 08:25 PM, said:

 

I suspect it's a problem now because of that demographic.

 

This^

 

They can't even keep their story straight as to why, and how, they act like they do in chat.

NekoPuffer_PPP #27 Posted 20 November 2018 - 09:42 PM

    Lieutenant Сolonel

  • Player
  • 32907 battles
  • 3,396
  • [VRTC] VRTC
  • Member since:
    09-13-2013

View PostXxKuzkina_MatxX, on 20 November 2018 - 09:36 PM, said:

I am not liking that reply but i kind of agree with it somehow especially after reading some of your posts in the last 72 hours but i am curious about which facts did you mean?

 

The fact I don't start any fights.

 

Honestly though I've realized I don't even fight with anyone in chat, I just curse at my own RNG most of the time...not in caps either. If someone has a problem with me I give them what they asked for and report any insults that go overboard (e.g. "your mom", etc.) or any racial remarks.



Homer_J #28 Posted 20 November 2018 - 09:43 PM

    Field Marshal

  • Beta Tester
  • 31416 battles
  • 34,219
  • [WJDE] WJDE
  • Member since:
    09-03-2010

View PostErwin_Von_Braun, on 20 November 2018 - 09:39 PM, said:

 

So, I'm guessing you never lose your temper in-game and shout at your team mates?

 

Yes but they can't hear me.

 

Anyone else see a conflict with the OP's ideas though.

 

His problem with being chat banned is that he can't communicate with his team mates.  His solution to this is that his team mates should turn off the chat. :confused:



NekoPuffer_PPP #29 Posted 20 November 2018 - 09:45 PM

    Lieutenant Сolonel

  • Player
  • 32907 battles
  • 3,396
  • [VRTC] VRTC
  • Member since:
    09-13-2013

View Postjabster, on 20 November 2018 - 09:40 PM, said:

They can't even keep their story straight as to why, and how, they act like they do in chat.

 

...because you keep portraying me as the bad guy in all of this and are driving me insane despite my attempts to explain to you that I am not toxic.

Alabamatick #30 Posted 20 November 2018 - 09:50 PM

    Lieutenant Сolonel

  • Player
  • 31849 battles
  • 3,316
  • Member since:
    04-11-2011

View PostPervyPastryPuffer, on 20 November 2018 - 08:45 PM, said:

 

...because you keep portraying me as the bad guy in all of this and are driving me insane despite my attempts to explain to you that I am not toxic.

 

So calling people tr*lls for liking a post is not toxic ?

XxKuzkina_MatxX #31 Posted 20 November 2018 - 09:52 PM

    Colonel

  • Player
  • 53201 battles
  • 3,783
  • [OBY] OBY
  • Member since:
    04-02-2016

View PostPervyPastryPuffer, on 20 November 2018 - 10:45 PM, said:

 

...because you keep portraying me as the bad guy in all of this and are driving me insane despite my attempts to explain to you that I am not toxic.

 

LUL!

 

but you're doing everything you can to follow his lead, FOR THE PAST 48 HOURS at least. :)


Edited by XxKuzkina_MatxX, 20 November 2018 - 09:52 PM.


jabster #32 Posted 20 November 2018 - 09:57 PM

    Field Marshal

  • Beta Tester
  • 12649 battles
  • 25,346
  • [WSAT] WSAT
  • Member since:
    12-30-2010

View PostPervyPastryPuffer, on 20 November 2018 - 08:45 PM, said:

 

...because you keep portraying me as the bad guy in all of this and are driving me insane despite my attempts to explain to you that I am not toxic.

 

You do realise that previously you've said exactly what you do (with a short detour into this is who I am excuses) and it was only when you didn't get the 'support' you expected that you started changing your story?

NekoPuffer_PPP #33 Posted 20 November 2018 - 10:00 PM

    Lieutenant Сolonel

  • Player
  • 32907 battles
  • 3,396
  • [VRTC] VRTC
  • Member since:
    09-13-2013

View PostXxKuzkina_MatxX, on 20 November 2018 - 09:52 PM, said:

LUL!

 

but you're doing everything you can to follow his lead, FOR THE PAST 48 HOURS at least. :)

 

...I really should just ignore everything he says. Should've learned that lesson a long time ago. I only have myself to blame there.

 

View PostAlabamatick, on 20 November 2018 - 09:50 PM, said:

So calling people tr*lls for liking a post is not toxic ?

 

I had my doubts if you were serious about that like or not...

 

Or, I'm just in a bad mood and got carried away.



gunslingerXXX #34 Posted 20 November 2018 - 10:05 PM

    Major

  • Player
  • 12178 battles
  • 2,849
  • [GUNSL] GUNSL
  • Member since:
    11-16-2014
Played almost 2 hours today.... I would be surprized if I don't have a chat ban tomorrow. If thatx the case, the AI is definitely not ok :trollface:

XxKuzkina_MatxX #35 Posted 20 November 2018 - 10:13 PM

    Colonel

  • Player
  • 53201 battles
  • 3,783
  • [OBY] OBY
  • Member since:
    04-02-2016

View PostPervyPastryPuffer, on 20 November 2018 - 11:00 PM, said:

 

...I really should just ignore everything he says. Should've learned that lesson a long time ago. I only have myself to blame there.

 

I could hit you with a red army choir video now but i won't, you know why? because you can't handle the truth! :D

Edited by XxKuzkina_MatxX, 20 November 2018 - 10:14 PM.


N_Sask_R #36 Posted 20 November 2018 - 10:20 PM

    Corporal

  • Player
  • 9286 battles
  • 108
  • Member since:
    11-04-2018

Fact is you have to turn the chat filter off, nobody is asking anyone to turn it on.  As for children playing, I've raised mine and there is such things as parental supervision and responsibility.  It is a parents duty if they don't wish their children to be exposed to bad language to regulate what they read, nobody else's.  Most parents that won't allow a child to watch a show on tv because of language are not going to be the type to let them play a game involving killing each other with tanks!  My people have been called Indians, Red Skins, Natives, First Nations People and a lot of other things, the words were all fine, it was how they were used that turned them in to "bad" words.   I'm not fond of people that can't form a sentence without using expletives as punctuation and it is up to WG on what they allow but they do need to be clear what it is they are not allowing.  "You second cousin to a pox ridden anteater should be interned with a sack of stale bread" is in a way far worse then saying "[edit] I got ammo racked!"

 

As it stands I'm a bit worried if I call a bison TD a mostos I'll get chat banned, they both refer to the same animal but for all I know in some other language its a wee bit naughty to say!



Bordhaw #37 Posted 20 November 2018 - 10:35 PM

    Colonel

  • Player
  • 13619 battles
  • 3,896
  • Member since:
    01-29-2017

View PostSanGermain, on 20 November 2018 - 07:06 PM, said:

 

I received a chat ban

 

 



NekoPuffer_PPP #38 Posted 20 November 2018 - 10:49 PM

    Lieutenant Сolonel

  • Player
  • 32907 battles
  • 3,396
  • [VRTC] VRTC
  • Member since:
    09-13-2013

View PostXxKuzkina_MatxX, on 20 November 2018 - 10:13 PM, said:

I could hit you with a red army choir video now but i won't, you know why? because you can't handle the truth! :D

 

What truth? His truth?

Homer_J #39 Posted 20 November 2018 - 10:51 PM

    Field Marshal

  • Beta Tester
  • 31416 battles
  • 34,219
  • [WJDE] WJDE
  • Member since:
    09-03-2010

View PostN_Sask_R, on 20 November 2018 - 10:20 PM, said:

Fact is you have to turn the chat filter off, nobody is asking anyone to turn it on.  As for children playing, I've raised mine and there is such things as parental supervision and responsibility.  It is a parents duty if they don't wish their children to be exposed to bad language to regulate what they read, nobody else's.

 

Fact is that even if we agree with you it doesn't matter.  If WG want to keep their PEGI or whatever rating they have to be seen to be policing the game chat.

 

And to be honest a lot of the language in game isn't really necessary, it does nothing but show the lack of vocabulary among the playerbase.



XxKuzkina_MatxX #40 Posted 20 November 2018 - 11:09 PM

    Colonel

  • Player
  • 53201 battles
  • 3,783
  • [OBY] OBY
  • Member since:
    04-02-2016

View PostPervyPastryPuffer, on 20 November 2018 - 11:49 PM, said:

 

What truth? His truth?

 

Joke, hello? :)





Also tagged with Ban, ChatBan, Players, Communication, Strategy

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users