Jump to content


Global Map Season 10 Finals - Questions & Answers


  • Please log in to reply
58 replies to this topic

Berbo #1 Posted 21 November 2018 - 10:39 AM

    eSports Manager Europe

  • WG Staff
  • 32834 battles
  • 5,114
  • [KAZNA] KAZNA
  • Member since:
    04-17-2011

Hello,

 

Please post your questions here,

 

Cheers



matte40 #2 Posted 21 November 2018 - 06:04 PM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 19034 battles
  • 533
  • Member since:
    06-11-2012

The rule 7.1 could still be clearer. As the match configuration is under the "Playoff" it again seems like the "attack/defense on a standard map according to the landing rules on the global map" stands also for the qualification round and group stage.

 

Seeding for the semifinals (10.2) seems kind of weird, two teams from the same group can't both go finals. I hope that's just a mistake by you.

 

And there is probably something wrong with the rule 8.3, or "after each round" at least sounds like "after each battle".



Berbo #3 Posted 21 November 2018 - 11:27 PM

    eSports Manager Europe

  • WG Staff
  • 32834 battles
  • 5,114
  • [KAZNA] KAZNA
  • Member since:
    04-17-2011

View Postmatte40, on 21 November 2018 - 06:04 PM, said:

The rule 7.1 could still be clearer. As the match configuration is under the "Playoff" it again seems like the "attack/defense on a standard map according to the landing rules on the global map" stands also for the qualification round and group stage.

 

Seeding for the semifinals (10.2) seems kind of weird, two teams from the same group can't both go finals. I hope that's just a mistake by you.

 

And there is probably something wrong with the rule 8.3, or "after each round" at least sounds like "after each battle".

 

  1. It can't be clearer tbh without making this section 3 pages. There's a sign ";" after qualification and group stage, meaning the "thought" is over. What comes after ":" is meant for the phrase before it.
  2. Seeding is correct, this is to avoid 1st placed and 2nd placed team from meeting at any point during the playoff (where 1st seed would be A1 and 2nd seed would be D1). With other combinations, they could meet if some finish 1st and other finish 2nd in their groups. If you have better ideas, feel free to share.
  3. Round is meant to be a match of"BO5", battle is 1 out of 5 battles. It's correct, maps change each Round or each match. Round is mentioned here as when there are consecutive matches, we usually name them rounds. It can be confusing, I know.

 

Cheers



kyrahihi #4 Posted 22 November 2018 - 07:07 AM

    Staff Sergeant

  • Clan Commander
  • 24953 battles
  • 495
  • [SHEKL] SHEKL
  • Member since:
    12-12-2012
can u show me an example of how my team should be named?

Berbo #5 Posted 22 November 2018 - 09:35 AM

    eSports Manager Europe

  • WG Staff
  • 32834 battles
  • 5,114
  • [KAZNA] KAZNA
  • Member since:
    04-17-2011

View Postkyrahihi, on 22 November 2018 - 07:07 AM, said:

can u show me an example of how my team should be named?

 

[GO-IN]

In case of 2 teams [GO-IN] 2


Edited by Berbo, 22 November 2018 - 09:36 AM.


matte40 #6 Posted 22 November 2018 - 10:04 AM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 19034 battles
  • 533
  • Member since:
    06-11-2012

View PostBerbo, on 22 November 2018 - 12:27 AM, said:

Seeding is correct, this is to avoid 1st placed and 2nd placed team from meeting at any point during the playoff (where 1st seed would be A1 and 2nd seed would be D1). With other combinations, they could meet if some finish 1st and other finish 2nd in their groups. If you have better ideas, feel free to share.

 

I don't understand what you mean.

 

From 9.2: "A for 1st placed team, D for 2nd placed team."

From 10.2: "Seeding is following for the playoff: Quarter finals: A1-D2, A2-D1. Semifinals: A1D2-A2D1."

 

So the 1st and 2nd placed teams (from global map if I understood correctly) will necessarily meet in the semifinals, possibly even in the quarter finals.


Edited by matte40, 22 November 2018 - 10:06 AM.


Berbo #7 Posted 22 November 2018 - 11:00 AM

    eSports Manager Europe

  • WG Staff
  • 32834 battles
  • 5,114
  • [KAZNA] KAZNA
  • Member since:
    04-17-2011

View Postmatte40, on 22 November 2018 - 10:04 AM, said:

 

I don't understand what you mean.

 

From 9.2: "A for 1st placed team, D for 2nd placed team."

From 10.2: "Seeding is following for the playoff: Quarter finals: A1-D2, A2-D1. Semifinals: A1D2-A2D1."

 

So the 1st and 2nd placed teams (from global map if I understood correctly) will necessarily meet in the semifinals, possibly even in the quarter finals.

 

9.2 was fixed, it was meant to be A, B etc. 

Then you'll see that they will not meet before. 

 

I hope it explains.



matte40 #8 Posted 22 November 2018 - 12:14 PM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 19034 battles
  • 533
  • Member since:
    06-11-2012

View PostBerbo, on 22 November 2018 - 12:00 PM, said:

 

9.2 was fixed, it was meant to be A, B etc. 

Then you'll see that they will not meet before. 

 

I hope it explains.

 

For example A1-C2/D1-B2 —  B1-D2/C1-A2 would do the job well. If either one of the 1st and 2nd teams doesn't win their groups, that basically means they aren't the expected 1st and 2nd team anymore so I don't think it would be too bad if they met in the semi-finals like they could in this scenario.

 

But I understand your point of view and it's not a big deal.



Berbo #9 Posted 22 November 2018 - 01:19 PM

    eSports Manager Europe

  • WG Staff
  • 32834 battles
  • 5,114
  • [KAZNA] KAZNA
  • Member since:
    04-17-2011

View Postmatte40, on 22 November 2018 - 12:14 PM, said:

 

For example A1-C2/D1-B2 —  B1-D2/C1-A2 would do the job well. If either one of the 1st and 2nd teams doesn't win their groups, that basically means they aren't the expected 1st and 2nd team anymore so I don't think it would be too bad if they met in the semi-finals like they could in this scenario.

 

But I understand your point of view and it's not a big deal.

 

What you mentioned was used last time but FAME were 2nd in the group and then we had CSA and FAME in the semifinals.

I'm aware that same group teams A1 and A2 can meet again in the 2nd round of PO but it was a matter of picking lesser evil ^^ which is in this case to prevent top teams from meeting at any point regardless of the score.

 

Cheers!



Gelu607 #10 Posted 28 November 2018 - 01:04 AM

    Private

  • Player
  • 20908 battles
  • 6
  • [GTD_] GTD_
  • Member since:
    10-30-2014

Can you help me with the order of the maps that will be played in the qualification round? :)

Thank you!



Berbo #11 Posted 28 November 2018 - 01:34 PM

    eSports Manager Europe

  • WG Staff
  • 32834 battles
  • 5,114
  • [KAZNA] KAZNA
  • Member since:
    04-17-2011

View PostGelu607, on 28 November 2018 - 01:04 AM, said:

Can you help me with the order of the maps that will be played in the qualification round? :)

Thank you!

 

Order will be done during the day of the qualifier, random selection most likely.

Gelu607 #12 Posted 29 November 2018 - 11:01 AM

    Private

  • Player
  • 20908 battles
  • 6
  • [GTD_] GTD_
  • Member since:
    10-30-2014

View PostBerbo, on 28 November 2018 - 01:34 PM, said:

 

Order will be done during the day of the qualifier, random selection most likely.

 

Thank you!

adrianos12 #13 Posted 29 November 2018 - 10:37 PM

    Private

  • Player
  • 12061 battles
  • 3
  • [PSQD] PSQD
  • Member since:
    07-02-2012

Admin,

Can we PSQD have one more member in team? Squad is already confirmed but if there is any possibility of still join would be great.



Berbo #14 Posted 30 November 2018 - 12:25 PM

    eSports Manager Europe

  • WG Staff
  • 32834 battles
  • 5,114
  • [KAZNA] KAZNA
  • Member since:
    04-17-2011

View Postadrianos12, on 29 November 2018 - 10:37 PM, said:

Admin,

Can we PSQD have one more member in team? Squad is already confirmed but if there is any possibility of still join would be great.

 

Team open, when you get in just ask your captain to confirm again.

 

Cheers!



adrianos12 #15 Posted 30 November 2018 - 03:38 PM

    Private

  • Player
  • 12061 battles
  • 3
  • [PSQD] PSQD
  • Member since:
    07-02-2012
Thanks a lot!

Mergneras_The_Animal #16 Posted 30 November 2018 - 09:00 PM

    Private

  • Player
  • 10573 battles
  • 14
  • [PSQD] PSQD
  • Member since:
    01-13-2015

hello Admin!

Can you confired ouer team for this tournament. After you open it ouer commander is all time offline, he has got problem with internet. Can you confirmed that?



adrianos12 #17 Posted 30 November 2018 - 10:44 PM

    Private

  • Player
  • 12061 battles
  • 3
  • [PSQD] PSQD
  • Member since:
    07-02-2012

Hi again,

Can you confirm our team, please? The squad leader is offline since yesterday and it's 11 hours left to confirm. Please answer asap ;v



Gelu607 #18 Posted 01 December 2018 - 10:08 AM

    Private

  • Player
  • 20908 battles
  • 6
  • [GTD_] GTD_
  • Member since:
    10-30-2014
Hours of playing please?:)

Berbo #19 Posted 01 December 2018 - 11:55 AM

    eSports Manager Europe

  • WG Staff
  • 32834 battles
  • 5,114
  • [KAZNA] KAZNA
  • Member since:
    04-17-2011

View Postmergneras, on 30 November 2018 - 09:00 PM, said:

hello Admin!

Can you confired ouer team for this tournament. After you open it ouer commander is all time offline, he has got problem with internet. Can you confirmed that?

 

View Postadrianos12, on 30 November 2018 - 10:44 PM, said:

Hi again,

Can you confirm our team, please? The squad leader is offline since yesterday and it's 11 hours left to confirm. Please answer asap ;v

 

Ofc

 

View PostGelu607, on 01 December 2018 - 10:08 AM, said:

Hours of playing please?:)

 

View PostGelu607, on 01 December 2018 - 10:08 AM, said:

Hours of playing please?:)

 

Theyre available on tournament page.

_SzyMoN_GO #20 Posted 01 December 2018 - 03:57 PM

    Private

  • Player
  • 26974 battles
  • 1
  • [NOMI] NOMI
  • Member since:
    01-07-2013

Hello,

Can you add player to our team?

Player:  https://worldoftanks...Boost_me_again/

Team:  https://worldoftanks...eam/5000808221/

Thanks in advance






1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users