Jump to content


When the french arrive.....


  • This topic is locked This topic is locked
80 replies to this topic

Sintest1994 #21 Posted 12 December 2011 - 11:54 PM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 10970 battles
  • 567
  • Member since:
    09-23-2011
Engine modifications make your tank 20 % Faster in reverse.


These "jokes" are getting very old, and can be considered offensive for some people. Please stick to constructive posts please.
Warning issued.

From the list of things not to do in the forum rules: 6. Racial, religious, Sexual, national or ethnic, slurs or insults, This includes "jokes" in bad taste.
(my emphasis).
- Bundin


Venitus #22 Posted 13 December 2011 - 12:01 AM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Beta Tester
  • 43025 battles
  • 1,313
  • [IDEAL] IDEAL
  • Member since:
    01-05-2011
About the nerfing by the belrussian dev's, or russians as often is been mistaken; the french and russians have good historical realtinbs upon the end of wwii. The french went to war in wwi against the germans because of a treaty with russia who backed the serbs who were fighting the austria-hungarians who were in term backed by the germans.

shturmpanzer #23 Posted 13 December 2011 - 12:30 AM

    Corporal

  • Player
  • 13588 battles
  • 171
  • Member since:
    06-12-2011
I have understood that French tanks in tier 8,9,10 have good mobility, rate of fire, accuracy, but PAPER armor. So where is a problem? Besides no one makes you to look for AMX, when his team is finished - just cap and ignore him. If he arrive and you are not alone - bad for him. Ofc. avoid close combat and dont drive alone - and they will have problems. Besides  balance solutions about them are not finished.

Sagro #24 Posted 13 December 2011 - 12:34 AM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Clan Diplomat
  • 7208 battles
  • 1,083
  • Member since:
    06-10-2010
i find the french burst magazine guns very interesting as a german sniper player i can think of dozends of usages but if the armor really lacks on the french tanks i guess their role will be a support damage dealer

DasBeerBoot #25 Posted 13 December 2011 - 12:54 AM

    Private

  • Player
  • 14842 battles
  • 36
  • Member since:
    05-10-2011

View PostAvernus, on 12 December 2011 - 10:53 PM, said:


Yup, that's because that is an Armistice. The definition of an armistice is:

Quote

An armistice is a situation in a war where the warring parties agree to stop fighting. It is not necessarily the end of a war, but may be just a cessation of hostilities while an attempt is made to negotiate a lasting peace.

The definition of surrendering:

Quote

Surrender is when soldiers, nations or other combatants stop fighting and eventually become prisoners of war, either as individuals or when ordered to by their officers.

There's a complete difference. Armistice is different from surrendering. It's the stopping of fighting so both sides find a truce. Surrendering is the declaration of defeat by one side. The winning side provides the terms of surrender. France never surrendered its army, people or country over to Nazi Germany.

Listy #26 Posted 13 December 2011 - 01:07 AM

    Major General

  • Player
  • 12149 battles
  • 5,727
  • Member since:
    04-19-2011
While I'm not best pleased about the French tech tree, in the case of insults it always reminds me of:


I know, culture and films in one post. Its possible I've seen far too many films.

sword_of_Damocles #27 Posted 13 December 2011 - 11:33 AM

    Major General

  • Player
  • 62823 battles
  • 5,321
  • [WJDE] WJDE
  • Member since:
    03-26-2011
The question is when WILL the french arrive??? :Smile_harp:

JeffyShow #28 Posted 13 December 2011 - 12:45 PM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 5164 battles
  • 1,008
  • Member since:
    11-17-2011
Will the french tanks have the option to surrender?  :P

robertorolfo #29 Posted 13 December 2011 - 12:46 PM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 14842 battles
  • 628
  • Member since:
    05-31-2011

View PostTsakachumi, on 13 December 2011 - 12:54 AM, said:

Yup, that's because that is an Armistice. The definition of an armistice is:



The definition of surrendering:


There's a complete difference. Armistice is different from surrendering. It's the stopping of fighting so both sides find a truce. Surrendering is the declaration of defeat by one side. The winning side provides the terms of surrender. France never surrendered its army, people or country over to Nazi Germany.


That's a joke right?  You are kidding?

They acted like cowards and handed over millions of Jews and other undesirables to be killed.  Are we supposed to just forget that and make only "nice" comments now?  It's only been 65 years, which really isn't that long.  Same for the Germans, Japanese and 1/2 of Italians.

Jukelo #30 Posted 13 December 2011 - 01:10 PM

    Colonel

  • Beta Tester
  • 26576 battles
  • 3,608
  • Member since:
    08-13-2010

View Postrobertorolfo, on 13 December 2011 - 12:46 PM, said:

That's a joke right?  You are kidding?

They acted like cowards and handed over millions of Jews and other undesirables to be killed.  Are we supposed to just forget that and make only "nice" comments now?  It's only been 65 years, which really isn't that long.  Same for the Germans, Japanese and 1/2 of Italians.

The problem in my point of view is people make fun of the french soldiers that, back in that time, most definitely didn't act like cowards and retreated or surrendered. The french army fought bravely the german where it could but sadly the german doctrine of blitzkrieg was definitely not something the french were expecting. Lots of french soldiers died during and after the battle of France, and every time you make a surrender joke, you are insulting THEM, who fought bravely for their country and didn't surrender.
The vichy governement handed over the jews, not the french army. When you're beaten by a stronger/smarter foe, you agree to the conditions. And the conditions were basically that only the half of france was going to be occupied, in return of what the french govt would do whatever the german wanted. I hope you realize that, armistice or not, surrendering or not, the jews were going to be deported and mass-murdered, so it makes sense to save what can be saved.

And why aren't you making joke about all the other countries that surrendered and sent their jews to the death camps?

Btw I'm french and wasn't born back in that time, didn't have any mean of changing anything to what happened. Should I have to constantly bear with your insults towards my country, which are for the most part unfounded ? Growing a thick skin isn't the answer, insulting others isn't either. Please act on the internet like you would do in real life, remember you are talking to real people.

kodos #31 Posted 13 December 2011 - 01:28 PM

    Captain

  • Player
  • 14438 battles
  • 2,032
  • [RENO] RENO
  • Member since:
    01-28-2011
A joke is a joke, there are good ones, bad ones and those who are told to the wrong people at the wrong time.

There are some countrys that can handle history better with jokes (like in Austria, we always make jokes about ourselfs, long befor the WWI or WWII) what other people sometimes don't understand.

Yagei #32 Posted 13 December 2011 - 01:34 PM

    Sergeant

  • Player
  • 20271 battles
  • 288
  • Member since:
    08-03-2011
Q3-Q4 2013-2014

Souroy #33 Posted 13 December 2011 - 01:42 PM

    Warrant Officer

  • Beta Tester
  • 11133 battles
  • 605
  • Member since:
    07-02-2010
I don't want to fall into an interminable talk but about this line:

View Postrobertorolfo, on 13 December 2011 - 12:46 PM, said:

[...] and handed over millions of Jews and other undesirables to be killed.

Numbers of the French Fondation pour la Mémoire de la Déportation.
162 548 deported:
- 86 827 for "various" reasons: Resistants, Political opponents, Hostages, Homosexuals...
- 75 721 Jews.

tankqull #34 Posted 13 December 2011 - 02:10 PM

    Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 21354 battles
  • 1,606
  • [WBD] WBD
  • Member since:
    08-31-2011

View Postsword_of_Damocles, on 13 December 2011 - 11:33 AM, said:

The question is when WILL the french arrive??? :Smile_harp:
never - trying to escape leeds to the wrong direction. :Smile-playing:

PadyEos #35 Posted 13 December 2011 - 02:15 PM

    Lieutenant

  • Beta Tester
  • 14600 battles
  • 1,939
  • Member since:
    11-13-2010
Have you seen the russian presentation video of the french tanks? I don't think anyone will mind having a french tier 10 tank in the team seeing that it can take an IS-7 from 100% to 25% in 5 seconds...

robertorolfo #36 Posted 13 December 2011 - 02:16 PM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 14842 battles
  • 628
  • Member since:
    05-31-2011

View PostJukelo, on 13 December 2011 - 01:10 PM, said:

The problem in my point of view is people make fun of the french soldiers that, back in that time, most definitely didn't act like cowards and retreated or surrendered. The french army fought bravely the german where it could but sadly the german doctrine of blitzkrieg was definitely not something the french were expecting. Lots of french soldiers died during and after the battle of France, and every time you make a surrender joke, you are insulting THEM, who fought bravely for their country and didn't surrender.
The vichy governement handed over the jews, not the french army. When you're beaten by a stronger/smarter foe, you agree to the conditions. And the conditions were basically that only the half of france was going to be occupied, in return of what the french govt would do whatever the german wanted. I hope you realize that, armistice or not, surrendering or not, the jews were going to be deported and mass-murdered, so it makes sense to save what can be saved.

And why aren't you making joke about all the other countries that surrendered and sent their jews to the death camps?

Btw I'm french and wasn't born back in that time, didn't have any mean of changing anything to what happened. Should I have to constantly bear with your insults towards my country, which are for the most part unfounded ? Growing a thick skin isn't the answer, insulting others isn't either. Please act on the internet like you would do in real life, remember you are talking to real people.

Of course there is no disrespect meant to the brave French soldiers who died while fighting, but that doesn't change the fact that the French capitulated much easier/quicker than other countries (especially considering their resources), and collaborated on a scale that was unimaginable in most other countries.  Sure, there was a French resistance, but it could have been so much more...

What does that have to do with people born after the fact, or "not involved"... well, you are still part of a culture that behaved quite poorly in that situation (and again, it was only 65 years ago).  A culture that is still overwhelmingly anti-Semitic.

And look, nobody is asking you to pay a fine or suffer any great hardship... but you will have to "endure" a few comments thrown your way.  It's really the least you can do, and believe it or not, it's important.  If everyone just sits by quietly and stops mentioning the terrible things that were done less than a century ago, it is more likely to happen again in the future.  So yeah, a constant reminder of "your" bad behavior is more than "fair" in my eyes.



(Souroy, sorry for getting the numbers wrong... like it really matters)

Silentstalker #37 Posted 13 December 2011 - 02:27 PM

    Lieutenant General

  • Player
  • 16479 battles
  • 7,426
  • Member since:
    04-18-2011
So, I heard the special ability of the French tanks is that they have really strong rear armor, they can turn around really fast (only if turning away from enemies) and they come with a free "white flag" equipment...

TheWizard677 #38 Posted 13 December 2011 - 02:27 PM

    Private

  • Player
  • 7775 battles
  • 46
  • Member since:
    06-19-2011
Thats the new level of complaining about things in WOT ? Complaining about future features in the game, that will perhaps come in 1 year, assuming how ppl. will behave then. Interessting but totaly bullshit.

Sortus83 #39 Posted 13 December 2011 - 02:35 PM

    Lance-corporal

  • Beta Tester
  • 6993 battles
  • 92
  • Member since:
    07-22-2010
French tanks just for the lulz :D

SmellyOne #40 Posted 13 December 2011 - 02:39 PM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 21666 battles
  • 1,419
  • Member since:
    05-26-2011
If you victimize yourself in *advance*, i think you will actually cause more hate/joke/name calling than if you ignored it. Think about it.

Its like with little kids: often they dont understand the things they say, they say stuff because they want reaction, so more you react to their teasing more likely it is to continue.




1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users