• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

Ph3lan #1 Posted 23 November 2018 - 01:06 PM

Community Operations Lead WoT EU

• WG Staff
  • 18644 battles
  • [WG] WG

Hey guys, 

This is the discussion topic for the "In-game Tips/Guides Contest - Maps" contest. You can check out the contest here The contest topic is for contest submissions only, however feel free to use this topic to discuss any specific submissions or the contest itself.

If you want to discuss a specific submission please link to it in your post!

vuque #2 Posted 06 December 2018 - 04:21 PM

Community Manager

• WG Staff
  • 17899 battles
  • [YOQ] YOQ
Looking forward to see your discussions/feedback here guys! :)

Miepie #3 Posted 06 December 2018 - 10:44 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 2131 battles
  • [KEL-O] KEL-O
Looks like some more publicity might be needed to get submissions before december 13th... :ohmy:

vuque #4 Posted 07 December 2018 - 03:15 PM

Community Manager

• WG Staff
  • 17899 battles
  • [YOQ] YOQ

View PostMiepie, on 06 December 2018 - 10:44 PM, said:

Looks like some more publicity might be needed to get submissions before december 13th... :ohmy:

​We are working on it! ;)

JaffaStar #5 Posted 11 December 2018 - 02:19 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 50641 battles

After 50.000 battles it is pretty hard to try to find the best way to explain to a new player map tactics ... because the new player are in a tier I or II  tank ... and those little tanks have small view range and small speed , most of them ... 

I think that something like that would be extremly usefull for the new ones :begginers.png

• like , to show them where they can sit , how far they can see , and spot the enemy , the route that they sould take to reach one position or another ... and then explained the value of camo of every bushes , and how to shoot or not from behind those bushes ... where not to go , and why ... this is what pop up in my mind right now ....

sub0303 #6 Posted 11 December 2018 - 05:51 PM

Private

• Player
  • 26614 battles
  • [-B-C-] -B-C-
i gave it my best :)  

JaffaStar #7 Posted 11 December 2018 - 06:04 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 50641 battles

Map - Malinkova 

Tank : Tier I Ms-1 .

The green circle represent the view range with crew at 50 %

The blue circle represent the view range with the crew at 100 %

The white cirle represent the view range with crew at 100 % + Binocular telescope ...

This helps new players understand , how far cban they see in their small tanks , in various situation ... and with the posibility of moving that circles around they can figure it out , with a little help , where are the best positions for them to be on the map .

Begginers II.png                   Begginers II (1).png             Begginers II.png

And why they can see the enemy tanks or why they can not see them ... This case is when they spot for themselfs ... 

This are 3 positions on the malinkova map , that new players should use , because on every position are some bushes that will provide them cover and , the better the crew are more equipment they have , the far they will be able to see and spot the enemy tanks ...

Edited by JaffaStar, 11 December 2018 - 06:10 PM.

Homer_J #8 Posted 11 December 2018 - 06:05 PM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 30191 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View PostMiepie, on 06 December 2018 - 09:44 PM, said:

Errmmm... somehow even I missed it. :confused:

vuque #9 Posted 12 December 2018 - 01:18 PM

Community Manager

• WG Staff
  • 17899 battles
  • [YOQ] YOQ

View PostJaffaStar, on 11 December 2018 - 02:19 AM, said:

After 50.000 battles it is pretty hard to try to find the best way to explain to a new player map tactics ... because the new player are in a tier I or II  tank ... and those little tanks have small view range and small speed , most of them ... 

I think that something like that would be extremly usefull for the new ones :begginers.png

• like , to show them where they can sit , how far they can see , and spot the enemy , the route that they sould take to reach one position or another ... and then explained the value of camo of every bushes , and how to shoot or not from behind those bushes ... where not to go , and why ... this is what pop up in my mind right now ....

View PostJaffaStar, on 11 December 2018 - 06:04 PM, said:

Map - Malinkova 

Tank : Tier I Ms-1 .

The green circle represent the view range with crew at 50 %

The blue circle represent the view range with the crew at 100 %

The white cirle represent the view range with crew at 100 % + Binocular telescope ...

This helps new players understand , how far cban they see in their small tanks , in various situation ... and with the posibility of moving that circles around they can figure it out , with a little help , where are the best positions for them to be on the map .

Begginers II.png                   Begginers II (1).png             Begginers II.png

And why they can see the enemy tanks or why they can not see them ... This case is when they spot for themselfs ... 

This are 3 positions on the malinkova map , that new players should use , because on every position are some bushes that will provide them cover and , the better the crew are more equipment they have , the far they will be able to see and spot the enemy tanks ...

​Hello, this is the discussion topic, you need to submit your tips and guides in the submission thread! :)

kubawt112 #10 Posted 07 January 2019 - 12:53 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 3378 battles
  • [CSA-A] CSA-A

I would imagine that the map designers would be the best people to tell us how to play a map, wouldn't they? That's at least what we've been told in the past.

Also, I realize that this is a completely voluntary activity, but giving away seven days of premium for the best efforts is just silly. That's barely a token of gratitude, something the staff should consider giving for particularly good posts in the forum. Not for a contest.

Sure, I've done a lot more for a lot less, but this is something I would actively decide not to contribute to. I simply don't believe in the idea of telling people about what exact role their tank has.

The game, as simplified as parts of it are, is too complex for a class/map-specific "guide" to make sense. Wargaming might remember the "subclass" system they implemented in 9.20.1 - a basic admission that there's more to a tank than being a heavy tank or a TD.

Map, matchup and your team's deployment is more important than what your tank's class is - not to mention simply sticking together and look at the minimap. A T110E4 is more a heavy tank than a TD, and telling it to snipe on El Halluf is stupid. Even worse if the enemy equivalent (268v4, Badger, whatever) decided to go deal with the heavy tanks rather than wait. Of course, your sniping E4 might save the game since he's (likely) untouched, but that's not exactly fun for any other player.

If you were to make a proper set of tactical tips, it would require a lot of typing and thinking - and changing that every time you tweak or add a map. There are over 200 tanks, 20-30 maps (or more) and (currently) three-four different MM 'sets'. Providing a pretend answer key to a newbie's map-related issues will ruin any chance of actually learning the map, and potentially learning to adapt to new situations. We already have brilliant players that camp their way to a T10 TD and proceed to still sit in the base - without the help of your guidance.

Ideally there'd be an "order system" that encouraged and rewarded teamplay (sticking together and moving places).

Think a form of 'dynamic platoons', to encourage a team to not leave a flank unoccupied. A 'light' version of that could be to give common tactical suggestions to multiple players. Think a route drawn on the minimap. Half the game is about driving to a position and staying there - might as well embrace it. It would at least 'set up' fights, encouraging "encounters".

This would further make sense if you managed to get the top-tiers to stick together, since according to players/WG my bottom-tier tank is not supposed to fight the enemy top-tiers (funnily, the opposite was not mentioned).

gunslingerXXX #11 Posted 11 January 2019 - 08:20 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 11773 battles
  • [GUNSL] GUNSL

Good idea. But I found this thread just now... could have advertised it a bit (more).

Also noteworthy that a lot of players don't look at the sticky topics...

mpatesxxx #12 Posted 21 January 2019 - 03:19 PM

Private

• Player
  • 20476 battles
  • [LOC-A] LOC-A
hello i would like t ask u how can my clan apply more aplication for to the global map we can only make 4. is it possible t make more and how? 

eekeeboo #13 Posted 21 January 2019 - 03:48 PM

English Community Manager

• WG Staff
  • 45895 battles
  • [0XIDE] 0XIDE

View Postmpatesxxx, on 21 January 2019 - 02:19 PM, said:

hello i would like t ask u how can my clan apply more aplication for to the global map we can only make 4. is it possible t make more and how? 

This will be better asked in the clan wars section of the forums where it's not only more likely to be seen but people who are more knowledgeable in those particular areas will read and answer vs off-topic post on this one :) 

http://forum.worldof...545-global-map/

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users