Should I even bother?

report bot bad players innactive

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

Venom7000 #1 Posted 25 November 2018 - 11:17 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 6561 battles

Is there any point to reporting a player for being either inactive or a bot?
I know that being a team killer and damaging teammates is self regulated but what about bots and inactive players?

I always try to report players that are inactive (not disconnected with their tank names greyed out). Im talking about player that drives 20m from spawn and never moves or does anything (usually a top tier nonetheless). One guy even admitted to using a bot program post game chat when I confronted him! He has 32k games and 44.6%. Because of him we lost. (he was a top tier ONI)

Do I just waste my time and nerves and finger muscles reporting these things? How does WG regulate these reports?

Edited by Venom7000, 25 November 2018 - 11:19 PM.

Jigabachi #2 Posted 26 November 2018 - 04:19 AM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 17948 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
Noone knows if and how those reports are progressed, but given that we don't or very rarely see "Why gotz I baned?"-threads here, I assume that it's just a placebo by now.
I still report players who deserve it, but I don't expect them to get banned at all. It's just... well. What we used to do. And at the end of the day I can day that I did my job. The rest is in WG's hands...

Homer_J #3 Posted 26 November 2018 - 09:05 AM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 31782 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View PostVenom7000, on 25 November 2018 - 10:17 PM, said:

Do I just waste my time and nerves and finger muscles reporting these things?

It's not a lot of effort is it?

The only reason reporting doesn't work as well as it could is idiots who report for the wrong reasons.  Reporting people for playing arty, or for having bad stats, etc.  The more valid reports the system gets the better it can work.

So it's up to you, 2 seconds up to 10 times a day, or put up with people AFKing.

mpf1959 #4 Posted 26 November 2018 - 01:10 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 26207 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

Should I even bother?

No.

Venom7000 #5 Posted 26 November 2018 - 02:09 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 6561 battles
Yeah I feel like its my duty to report an obvious bot and or inactive player. I agree Homer its not even 1sec of my time. However I feel like no one reads these. And like Jigabachi said its more of a placebo effect to give me a false sense of " I showed him!". Same how down vote on Youtube for a comment doesnt do anything. A left over feature with a dead end.

Does anyone have any evidence or a story of someone being punished/banned due to being bot or inactive?

I will still continue to report. I just wish to know if Im really throwing my letter in to a volcano pit or not? :(

I feel like an idiot for asking the team to report x player. I feel no one is listening. I am not spamming REPORT T29 AFK. I just ask my team at the moment of realization and at the end of the game. Is there a certain amount of players in the match that need to report for the incident to be considered?
13:14 Added after 5 minutes

View PostHomer_J, on 26 November 2018 - 09:05 AM, said:

Reporting people for playing arty, or for having bad stats, etc.

Those players are the worst. OP TANK !! REPORT!!! There should be a counter penalty system where you get punished for reporting for no reason. Or at least lose your reporting privileges.

Edited by Venom7000, 26 November 2018 - 02:12 PM.

malachi6 #6 Posted 26 November 2018 - 02:45 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 50920 battles
I have no issues reporting actively inactive players, paradoxically.  I would never deliberately report a "bad" player that is lost or just camping the back.  Problem is a great many players report people merely for being bad.  Frankly, I am surprised I have never been banned, when I read the comments about some of my more "creative" tactics.

Homer_J #7 Posted 26 November 2018 - 03:09 PM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 31782 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View PostVenom7000, on 26 November 2018 - 01:09 PM, said:

Does anyone have any evidence or a story of someone being punished/banned due to being bot or inactive?

If you go to the forum of a certain well publicised paid for bot you will find lots of complaints from people who got banned/forced account resets for using that bot, and they aren't even the AFK ones.  So yes it does work.

wsatnutter #8 Posted 28 November 2018 - 07:01 PM

General

• Beta Tester
  • 26334 battles
  • [WSAT] WSAT

Op if its valid -------------------------------report

but don't report if you got one slotted by arty of killed by a better tactical player

Slind #9 Posted 29 November 2018 - 12:04 AM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 55450 battles

I just made a video about bots and I think it's a great idea that WG brings bots in the game. They need to replace 46% WR superstupids with bots, because bots play better. First example: KV-1 at the TD legde in Mines. Ok, fair enough but it just rotated it's turret, didn't fire a single shot. 5k battles and 46% WR, because you win battles by playing, not by not playing. Anyways, I sent the replay to customer support and got a copy-paste answer, because WG doesn't care. Second example: 41k battles and this thing hides behind their base in Tiger. 17 shots take, 32 damage. 45% WR. That thing should be replaced with a bot, a bot would sit AFK where it spawned and spot the enemy getting closer to the base. But you don't get 45% winrate by being usefull to your team for example by spotting. Third example: IKV 90b, 5 minutes after the battle started I move closer to the enemy base. This TD sits still where it spawned, gun pointing towards the ground. Then it spots me, starts turning and moving. I choke and let it ram me. This is what we need in the game, not pools of puke who go where they are the least needed and fail every single time because they don't attack, they don't defend. They AFK on one flank or sit in the corner where they don't see anyone or can't shoot anyone. We need bots, preferably ones that can move and shoot, but I'll take AFK bot in the spawn anyday over some 45% rat vomit that thinks it's defending one flank when all the enemies are pushing towards our base on the other side.

And no, it doesn't matter if you report them or not, WG is too busy desiging the next OP russian premium tank.

Xandania #10 Posted 11 December 2018 - 03:06 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 41523 battles
  • [-DGN-] -DGN-
I guess the threshhold is kinda high for reports. Otherwise every muppet that reports your "AMX scout" that is actually a medium or heavy tank for whatever because they don't spot for them on their own on an empty flank would keep kicking players out of thegame for a resting period...

trrprrprr #11 Posted 11 December 2018 - 03:28 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 2232 battles

View PostVenom7000, on 25 November 2018 - 10:17 PM, said:

I know that being a team killer and damaging teammates is self regulated but what about bots and inactive players?

I always try to report players that are inactive (not disconnected with their tank names greyed out). Im talking about player that drives 20m from spawn and never moves or does anything (usually a top tier nonetheless). One guy even admitted to using a bot program post game chat when I confronted him! He has 32k games and 44.6%. Because of him we lost. (he was a top tier ONI)

Do I just waste my time and nerves and finger muscles reporting these things? How does WG regulate these reports?

Well after i sent a reply of a certain botter to WG, they replied that they have very good monitoring device that catches them, so dont even bother with tickets.....and all that you get only 10 reports per day...even tho, sometimes you go trough 5+ in a single battle as there always are few afk and some teamkiller and so on.   So if you have reports left, report and tell in chat to report him as it increases chances by alot(i think)

Gremlin182 #12 Posted 11 December 2018 - 03:29 PM

General

• Player
  • 56209 battles

View PostVenom7000, on 25 November 2018 - 11:17 PM, said:

I go with what for me takes the least effort.

Stage one idiots that just did something or said something to me then didn't repeat it I ignore.

Repeated acts of annoyance I right click on the players name in the after battle screen and report them usually its pretty easy to think of multiple actions.

Final stage is for gross acts of annoyance only happened to me 3 times.

1 followed me around the entire game pushing and shoving me.

2 player flipped me upside down and then drove away I exploded and I noticed the game didnt fine him or compensate me

3 a platoon of three tanks blocked me against the map edge and again one pushed me till I flipped over.

All three of those I opened a ticket explained the position sent in a replay with the time the event events happened so they don't have to watch the entire video.

I got a reply back in each case after about 4 or 5 days saying they had noted my problem and action had been taken.

Zirakss #13 Posted 11 December 2018 - 07:57 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 17165 battles
  • [U__G] U__G
Report them ingame via the ingame complain option. It will get the real inactive "click-into-the-game-bots" over some time. But don't bother to send in reports.

magkiln #14 Posted 18 December 2018 - 07:46 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 25411 battles
  • [EKKE] EKKE

View PostVenom7000, on 25 November 2018 - 11:17 PM, said:

I once lost in-battle chat priviliges for 48 hours after I cursed out another player, so I guess they do something with the reports.

Also tagged with report, bot, bad players, innactive

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users