WG greatnes on global map, alliance system has to be reviewed and edited to make GM a better place

• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

_Hakkapeliitta_ #1 Posted 26 November 2018 - 09:45 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 49489 battles

this is second time that i rage about this totally BS  alliance system on global map and now i have a great picture from yesterday when our clan had province, THIS POST IS NOT AGAINST THESE CLANS WHO ARE INVOLVED IN THIS PICTURE!!!!  But I really want to give feedback on the alliance system and show Wargaming how to improve the Global Map!!  I have to make this part of the game even better and increase the quality of the GM, just look the picture and start to think how "fair" this sitsuation is........?!?!?!?!?!?

Attached Thumbnails

Edited by thePhilX, 26 November 2018 - 03:13 PM.
contructive feedback and cool ideas incoming

mango91 #2 Posted 26 November 2018 - 10:58 AM

Captain

• Clan Diplomat
  • 43642 battles
  • [ORKI] ORKI

well, they can take the atk from their minor/major power and yes, they can fight you for them.

BUT, once they win that battle, the province goes to the clan that moved the division (aka the minor/major stated above).

only after a full day (with a chance to fight back, so) the owner can pass the provice to another clan in his alliance

so TRVST didn't appear there from nowhere, but they've been summoned. And, not less important, they (most likely) don't have the HQ there, so they can't attack multiple provinces from that single one

_Hakkapeliitta_ #3 Posted 26 November 2018 - 11:17 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 49489 battles

View Postmango91, on 26 November 2018 - 11:58 AM, said:

so TRVST didn't appear there from nowhere, but they've been summoned. And, not less important, they (most likely) don't have the HQ there, so they can't attack multiple provinces from that single one

yes you are rigth they did not appear from nowhere...THAY FUCKIN FLY THERE FROM 22:00 AREA!!! dont you see this totall madness in this system??????

mango91 #4 Posted 26 November 2018 - 11:24 AM

Captain

• Clan Diplomat
  • 43642 battles
  • [ORKI] ORKI

actually no, everyone can do that so there's nothing unfair

you'll see that they'll transfer that province shortly

_Hakkapeliitta_ #5 Posted 26 November 2018 - 12:18 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 49489 battles

View Postmango91, on 26 November 2018 - 12:24 PM, said:

actually no, everyone can do that so there's nothing unfair

you'll see that they'll transfer that province shortly

well if this system is fine for you, it's your opinion and you have all the rigth for that,  but this system no matter what totallu stupid and it has made by RTARDS.

clan who attacked in our province has rating 1300+ and clan who came and rape our asses rating is 1600+....... and you dont see anything unfair in this picture...ARE YOU SERIOUS????:facepalm:

Edited by _Hakkapeliitta_, 26 November 2018 - 12:21 PM.

mango91 #6 Posted 26 November 2018 - 01:44 PM

Captain

• Clan Diplomat
  • 43642 battles
  • [ORKI] ORKI

I think you misunderstood my line. They have the "fair" right (given by the rules) to transfer the atk to the clan with 1600+ ELO

GM fights don't have to be fair in the "same ELO matches" out of the first landing battle, at least that's my opinion

I know it could be frustrating (during the first week of this season we had to fight 3 cw's vs CSA, 1 vs FAME and 1 vs GX in the same evening iirc) but it's how the game mode is made

you guys already fought your way into the GM tierX several times, a thing that not that many others can say, and you're in place 123 which is far above the 50%. I'd say a quite nice performance

Ledivalo #7 Posted 26 November 2018 - 02:36 PM

Private

• Player
  • 1885 battles
  • [BIGD] BIGD
Well, it's quite dumb tho that TRVST is able to defend it's [edited]clan even tho their provinces don't touch each others' provinces.

Logic wasn't found.

mango91 #8 Posted 26 November 2018 - 02:57 PM

Captain

• Clan Diplomat
  • 43642 battles
  • [ORKI] ORKI

View PostLedivalo, on 26 November 2018 - 02:36 PM, said:

Well, it's quite dumb tho that TRVST is able to defend it's [edited]clan even tho their provinces don't touch each others' provinces.

Logic wasn't found.

here lays the issue. They can't. They can't defend anyone on the map, just take their minions' attacks

this is the concept behind the alliance structure. Everybody has to defend its own land in the old fashion way, but they can delegate the atk.

So if a "weak" clan abuse the substitution in atk, it will find himself with too many provinces, without the teams, the skill or the organization to succesfully defend them.

thePhilX #9 Posted 26 November 2018 - 03:09 PM

Warrant Officer

• WG Staff
  • 29495 battles
  • [MEME] MEME
Hey everyone,
first of all - if you want to give feedback. Do it in a constructive and polite way. We don't accept such kind of behavior in the forum.

Thank you @mango91, for clarifying the rules.

@Hakka: if another clan from your alliance wins a landing battle (or attack per land) for you (delegated), you still have to defend the province at least once (yourself), until you can transfer it to an ally. Furthermore only attack battles can be delegated, every defense has to be fought on your own.

If you disagree with the alliance system, do not just write, that you hate the system, but add, how you would improve it!

Ledivalo #10 Posted 26 November 2018 - 03:11 PM

Private

• Player
  • 1885 battles
  • [BIGD] BIGD

View Postmango91, on 26 November 2018 - 01:57 PM, said:

here lays the issue. They can't. They can't defend anyone on the map, just take their minions' attacks

this is the concept behind the alliance structure. Everybody has to defend its own land in the old fashion way, but they can delegate the atk.

So if a "weak" clan abuse the substitution in atk, it will find himself with too many provinces, without the teams, the skill or the organization to succesfully defend them.

Yeah, my bad but I was meant to say that if minor clan attacks to province, you never know is it gonna be that major clan which jumps from 22.00 area to 20.00.
Meaning that one small clan cannot do crapon the map, because of those minor powers can setup the attack and major fights it meaning lose of small clans and those big unicum clans just chill and switch provinces when resistance is big enough. 
14:15 Added after 3 minutes

@Mango91

of course you approve this system when you have those minor clans and don't see the problem.

_Hakkapeliitta_ #11 Posted 26 November 2018 - 03:26 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 49489 battles

View PostthePhilX, on 26 November 2018 - 04:09 PM, said:

Hey everyone,
first of all - if you want to give feedback. Do it in a constructive and polite way. We don't accept such kind of behavior in the forum.

@Hakka: if another clan from your alliance wins a landing battle (or attack per land) for you (delegated), you still have to defend the province at least once (yourself), until you can transfer it to an ally. Furthermore only attack battles can be delegated, every defense has to be fought on your own.

If you disagree with the alliance system, do not just write, that you hate the system, but add, how you would improve

yes i really disagree and so does many many other players,  only way to improve this system is to remove it and those workers who ever did this should lose their job,  this kind alliance system only makes GM non playable, just look that area where are these 2k-10k gold areas, there are no battless at all, is GM purpose that these HC clans dont even need's to battle on map because now in that area is status quo, is this where WG want to this game to go?? easier would be just remove GM and just give gold to these clans, why not?? its happening allready...

yes i admit that my post was quite ataacking but i know that if i would be polite no one would react to this, now i have sucseed and you are here, now we have even small hope that someone may do something about this stupid system :)

Ledivalo #12 Posted 26 November 2018 - 03:37 PM

Private

• Player
  • 1885 battles
  • [BIGD] BIGD

View PostthePhilX, on 26 November 2018 - 02:09 PM, said:

Hey everyone,

If you disagree with the alliance system, do not just write, that you hate the system, but add, how you would improve it!

If you're asking that what players should do to the system? Skill based GM would have more sense than this unicum goldfarming map, because those top clans don't even fight with each others, they're just chilling and farming gold due doing nothing except fighting minor clans' wars.

Nihtii #13 Posted 26 November 2018 - 03:46 PM

Private

• Player
  • 19807 battles
  • [-PJ-] -PJ-
I think that the global map should be changed so that teams can face only clans with similar rating. Make it so that below 1000 rating clans have their own place to fight in, 1000-1200 rating clans have their own and so on... This gives lower rating clans a change to improve their game and even get provinces. It doesn't make sense that 1000 rating clan can substitute 1600 clan to take their place in a battle. Alliances should work the same way. Only the clans with same ratings can establish an alliance.

_Hakkapeliitta_ #14 Posted 26 November 2018 - 03:47 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 49489 battles

maybe WG should make poll to all clans and in that way to find out how GM could be made better,  skill/clanrank based GM figth system maybe so everyone would be forced to figth? and i think that top 10 clan's should keep out of that poll, it cannot be that about 1000 players say how rest of 20-728 clans can play this onetime so great game on GM....

before next CW season make that POLL how this should go.:honoring:

mango91 #15 Posted 26 November 2018 - 03:54 PM

Captain

• Clan Diplomat
  • 43642 battles
  • [ORKI] ORKI

View PostLedivalo, on 26 November 2018 - 03:11 PM, said:

Yeah, my bad but I was meant to say that if minor clan attacks to province, you never know is it gonna be that major clan which jumps from 22.00 area to 20.00.
Meaning that one small clan cannot do crapon the map, because of those minor powers can setup the attack and major fights it meaning lose of small clans and those big unicum clans just chill and switch provinces when resistance is big enough. 
14:15 Added after 3 minutes

@Mango91

of course you approve this system when you have those minor clans and don't see the problem.

well, we costantly face minors delegating the landing application so I kinda understand your point. I don't see the problem because every system has its rules, you just have to play by them.

You could find a major clan who wants to play some more CW, for example. Now only 2 weeks are left before the end of this sperimental season, so it's maybe too late, but you could work this way if the next season will be similar

about the poll and the skill CW MM: I don't think (and we're way far from the top 20 ELO clans) that it would benefit the GM balance. The reason is quite simple. ELO can be downpadded to allow a 1300ish ELO clan like us to get 1000 ELO and then fight with clans which are not shaped like us. Result? the "beginner" part of the map invaded by above average clans looking for easy matchups

It just doesn't work, neither in randoms not in CWs

The quality of the gameplay would be affected too, but this is another subject

lolek4311 #16 Posted 26 November 2018 - 04:00 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 20824 battles
  • [-RLD-] -RLD-

@thePhilX Well i think that fireflydivision made some nice points about how to change global map in one of other forum posts (link to forum thread: http://forum.worldof...ng-as-intended/). I agree with him that alliances should never be allowed to be too big there should be a limit to how many clans can be in alliance. Next thing is the battle delagation and province transfer thing i think it should only be possible if the two clans who want to do it have a connection on the global map so are next to each other or the clan in between them is in the same alliance as it makes sense that divisons can only move over friendly provinces and can't teleport on the other side of the map. But i know that in this season the system is as it is and you need to use it to your advantage the best you can.

However i don't think what you guys from KOFF clan are proposing is the way to go global map should not have zones based on ratings the difference in income already sorts the clans a bit as you will never see a 1200 elo clan going for the ff provinces or at least not being succcessful at it.  

RockyRoller #17 Posted 29 November 2018 - 01:01 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 37922 battles
  • [NR-NS] NR-NS

I find the Alliance system as odd, there is no or very little what's in it for me for the lower ranks.

Before William conquered England he controlled Barons and Knights from the last war to grab the Britton and they were taking taxes to finance new wars the King would start. Then when the King waged that 1066 war on England and won he fulfilled promises to promoted horsemen into knights and existing knights into Barons and then they grabbed taxes to feed gold back to the king. The rewards for the feudal system was for the right to grab taxes and part of this was for more wars.

But in WG the Barons, knights and horse are all treated like peon and give gold for what from the king exactly? The King doesn't start wars for a land grab.

I think the system needs a total revision to become more like a tabletop/board wargame. Gold should only be given upwards if the provence was given by the King for a Baron/Knight to manage/defend. When William took England he was still a vassal for the King of France. He paid his French King his French gained taxes, but England was his personal wealth as it was William, not the French King, who grabbed and owned it. It was this politic that William was both a King and vassal to the King of France that cause friction between them and on French soil battles between them. 

The leaderboard also needs to be revised from just the mission/gold per day from provence system, but to a per battle/kill as well system. Make it worth fighting for your King or independently. Add dimensions to make it worth while for the king to advise his subject armies on who to attack, maybe for the king to loan troops from his clan, make it worth while holding co ordinated fronts and multiple provinces. But you'll need to get rid of ghost clans who never show up for that to work as intended. A ghost clan is like fake wooden tanks in a forest, they make you want to avoid a fight but if you enter and find them as fake you now have taken the forest.

Edited by RockyRoller, 29 November 2018 - 01:14 PM.

Keyhand #18 Posted 07 December 2018 - 06:47 AM

Lieutenant General

• Clan Diplomat
  • 66251 battles
  • [FAME] FAME

View PostLedivalo, on 26 November 2018 - 03:37 PM, said:

If you're asking that what players should do to the system? Skill based GM would have more sense than this unicum goldfarming map, because those top clans don't even fight with each others, they're just chilling and farming gold due doing nothing except fighting minor clans' wars.

Skill MM like in SH you mean?
Yeah, that worked out well.

Not.

View PostNihtii, on 26 November 2018 - 03:46 PM, said:

I think that the global map should be changed so that teams can face only clans with similar rating. Make it so that below 1000 rating clans have their own place to fight in, 1000-1200 rating clans have their own and so on... This gives lower rating clans a change to improve their game and even get provinces. It doesn't make sense that 1000 rating clan can substitute 1600 clan to take their place in a battle. Alliances should work the same way. Only the clans with same ratings can establish an alliance.

what sense would it then make to have high elo?

or are you proposing to lose battles on purpose?

_Hakkapeliitta_ #19 Posted 07 December 2018 - 06:15 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 49489 battles

View PostKeyhand, on 07 December 2018 - 07:47 AM, said:

Skill MM like in SH you mean?
Yeah, that worked out well.

Not.

ofcourse you dont like that idea because then good clans would be forced to figth against good clans and we all know what that will do for your clan rating....

Keyhand #20 Posted 09 December 2018 - 09:06 AM

Lieutenant General

• Clan Diplomat
  • 66251 battles
  • [FAME] FAME

View Post_Hakkapeliitta_, on 07 December 2018 - 06:15 PM, said:

ofcourse you dont like that idea because then good clans would be forced to figth against good clans and we all know what that will do for your clan rating....

You make the mistake of believing anyone in ROIDS actually gives a crap about clan rating.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users