The Winter Challenge Rolls Out

• Please log in to reply
378 replies to this topic

cafito #341 Posted 06 December 2018 - 08:40 AM

Private

• Player
  • 41812 battles

View PostBertuhan, on 28 November 2018 - 02:54 PM, said:

Well if this crooked adjustment you made was to make less people actually get it and to get more money off of it, joke's on you. I have no life so I will grind until I get it for free, and I will do it with t8 prem tanks I got for free in previous marathons so I will end up with enough credits to go totally wild in the holiday season.

This guy knows.I feel the same :)

Ciki_el_Tigre #342 Posted 06 December 2018 - 10:18 AM

Private

• Player
  • 55687 battles
  • [WP_OS] WP_OS

View Postloulakas, on 06 December 2018 - 03:30 AM, said:

*Removed due to inappropriate content*  

Sadly for this game but every word you say is true, Unfortunately!

eekeeboo #343 Posted 06 December 2018 - 02:34 PM

English Community Manager

• WG Staff
  • 45627 battles
  • [-DFA-] -DFA-

View PostCiki_el_Tigre, on 06 December 2018 - 09:18 AM, said:

Sadly for this game but every word you say is true, Unfortunately!

Just to be clear: 

1) No predetermined teams, MM or games. 

2) Though we appreciate people playing World of Tanks, no one is forcing you to do so. This question is only something YOU can answer why YOU play. 

3) If you truly feel the MM is against you, I suggest you take the time to test it and see for yourself. 

Ciki_el_Tigre #344 Posted 06 December 2018 - 07:15 PM

Private

• Player
  • 55687 battles
  • [WP_OS] WP_OS

View Posteekeeboo, on 06 December 2018 - 02:34 PM, said:

Just to be clear: 

1) No predetermined teams, MM or games. 

2) Though we appreciate people playing World of Tanks, no one is forcing you to do so. This question is only something YOU can answer why YOU play. 

3) If you truly feel the MM is against you, I suggest you take the time to test it and see for yourself. 

Just to be clear:

1. For me BALANCED MM or Teams is NOT the case if more then 75% of battles is finished after 4-5 minutes with results 15:2, 15:3, 15:4 or 15:5. 

2. I play what I want and don`t play what I don`t want to, but that is MY decision and BELONGS ONLY to ME. WHO are you to DARE to ask me anything about that?

3. FUNNY, after MORE of 55.000 battles you suggest me TAKE THE TIME to test MM and see for myself WHAT... That 3-5-7 Template is SO SO SO BAD and, YES, AGAINST good playing!

Edited by Ciki_el_Tigre, 06 December 2018 - 07:21 PM.

Chopin #345 Posted 06 December 2018 - 07:47 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 28702 battles
  • [SOROS] SOROS

View PostAleo, on 04 December 2018 - 11:48 AM, said:

Hypothetical question; If I get to stage 7. How long does my discount last? When do I have to cash it in? I mean, its yule, so all my money are accounted for already. 

Can a WG representative answer this question?

eekeeboo #346 Posted 06 December 2018 - 07:50 PM

• WG Staff
  • 45627 battles
  • [-DFA-] -DFA-

PLEASE don't discuss moderator actions, these will only lead to further sanctions. Following the Forum rules is the future! 

View PostCiki_el_Tigre, on 06 December 2018 - 06:15 PM, said:

Just to be clear:

1. For me BALANCED MM or Teams is NOT the case if more then 75% of battles is finished after 4-5 minutes with results 15:2, 15:3, 15:4 or 15:5. 

2. I play what I want and don`t play what I don`t want to, but that is MY decision and BELONGS ONLY to ME. WHO are you to DARE to ask me anything about that?

3. FUNNY, after MORE of 55.000 battles you suggest me TAKE THE TIME to test MM and see for myself WHAT... That 3-5-7 Template is SO SO SO BAD and, YES, AGAINST good playing!

1) No matter how well you balance, lady luck and RNG are always going to pay a visit. 

2) You bring up what you do and don't do. That is your choice, you make it, highlighting that choice is somehow a determining factor on what others do is ... misguided at best. 

3) 55,000 battles doesn't mean you tested, monitored MM or did it in a way that would break confirmation bias. 

You seem to need to take some time to cool down and calm down. This is something i suggest you do before your next response. Have a nice Christmas. 

18:54 Added after 3 minutes

View PostChopin, on 06 December 2018 - 06:47 PM, said:

Can a WG representative answer this question?

Apologies! I missed this. The discount SHOULD last until the very end of the event. But I will double check the exact date for you (Please bear in mind the answer may come tomorrow as it is the end of the day now). 

Homer_J #347 Posted 06 December 2018 - 08:01 PM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 29757 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View PostCiki_el_Tigre, on 06 December 2018 - 06:15 PM, said:

Just to be clear:

What you are asking for is not balanced mm it would be rigged matchmaking.  Rigged to give a close result.  The format of the game leads to one sided battles.  If you didn't notice already there are no respawns so when a team loses a tank it is at a disadvantage.  The team at a disadvantage is more likely to lose another tank which puts it at a bigger disadvantage and so on.

loulakas #348 Posted 06 December 2018 - 11:06 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 77589 battles

View Posteekeeboo, on 06 December 2018 - 06:50 PM, said:

PLEASE don't discuss moderator actions, these will only lead to further sanctions. Following the Forum rules is the future! 

1) No matter how well you balance, lady luck and RNG are always going to pay a visit. 

2) You bring up what you do and don't do. That is your choice, you make it, highlighting that choice is somehow a determining factor on what others do is ... misguided at best. 

3) 55,000 battles doesn't mean you tested, monitored MM or did it in a way that would break confirmation bias. 

You seem to need to take some time to cool down and calm down. This is something i suggest you do before your next response. Have a nice Christmas. 

18:54 Added after 3 minutes

Apologies! I missed this. The discount SHOULD last until the very end of the event. But I will double check the exact date for you (Please bear in mind the answer may come tomorrow as it is the end of the day now). 

I am trying to save your "job" here.......  

I started this game in 01/2012. Back then draws and 15 min battles was something common. Old accounts have about 2% draws. Recent accounts have less than 0,5% draws. It took me about 10,000 battles to witness a 15-1 score and more than 20,000 battles to see a 15-0.*edited* 3 OF THEM (15-0) IN JUST A WEEK during the Caernarvon Action X marathon. What was the average battle time 4 years ago and what is it today? Nowadays*edited*BATTLE ENDS UP 15-5 IN 5 MINUTES MAX. How on hell the game came up to this without someone screwing up the MM TO LEVEL EVERYTHING AND EVERYONE OUT ?

In the mid of 2016 a high up "Einstein" in WG hierarchy said :

"- Gee we can't have 15 min battles. Noobs-kids-casual players on old crap laptops using the touchpad hate them. We have to lower the average battle time. We must be aligned to the rest of the gaming market. Lets give a 500% RNG advantage to one of the teams. After all 2 battles in the duration of just 1 pay better for the players. They will be advancing faster up the tiers".

So since 9.17 draws, close calls and 15min battles are history, one of the teams almost always roflstomps the other, we all play like *edited* and every battle ends up 15-5 in 5 min max. The first implication of this MM rig that many try to explain it as a snowball effect, was that epic medals became practically unobtainable. So in 9.18 WG lowered the requirements to get them. The second implication of this filth was that most of advanced personal missions (T55A, object 260) for the same reasons, became practically undoable. So on 9.20.1 update WG revised them. Has anyone got the De Langlades medal since 01/2017 ? Yeah, that's right WG "Einsteins". You missed it. You must revise the requirements for it also .....

On 05/2018 a fellow player called Johan made a 3 day analysis and concluded that the team that scores the first kill is the one that gets the victory in about 76% of all cases.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QCcIkG4DmB8

His analysis can easily reproduced be everyone.

This percentage allows us to estimate the percentage of “turbo - <5min - roflstomp – through team RNG multiplier - predetermined outcome” battles in about and not less than 50% in total. These 2 figures comply with what we are experiencing in this “game”.

In Victor Kislyi and his “Einsteins’” toxic mind these “turbo - <5min - roflstomp – through team RNG multiplier - predetermined outcome” battles give the Match Maker the “flexibility” to “normalize” WR% for kids-noobs-casual players on old crap laptops and  *edited* using the touchpad, press-community contributors-exhibition-streamer accounts and maybe heavy paying customers, through selective placement to the “winning” or “loosing” team, and make this “game” more appealing to new players used to mobile gaming by lowering the average battle time and increasing grinding rate. What this rigging actually does is F.U.B.A.R. this game’s gameplay to the point of no return and making old loyal players that were for years spending every second of their spare time playing this “game”, quit in rage.

Why should anyone play a game like this even for free ? WG *edited* to control the duration and outcome of every battle we play, what on hell do you need us for ? Play this god damned "game" yourself......

My (conspiracy or not) theory explains the excessive number of “turbo - <5min - roflstomp” battles and how the average battle time has droped down to 4 min so I think I will stick to it. Unfortunately World of Tanks allways had, has and will allways have a “skill based match making” that is focused on increasing WGs clientele with noob - kids - casual players on old crap laptops and *edited*, that periodically puts real players on absurd loosing streaks, that “normalizes” everyones WR% close to 49%, exept press-community contributors-exhibition-streamer accounts and maybe heavy paying customers. Unfortunately Victor Kislyi and his “Einsteins” seem to be obsessed with rigging the MM thinking that through this they can solve the “game's” problems and keep it going. With every update they make their laughable rigs even more brutal and the “game” even more unplayable. OK. It's his money and their jobs. Not my money anymore.

Have you ever wondered why this “game” has got so many hard core haters

http://blogsandprojects.com/world-of-tanks-rigged/index.php/wot-forum-trolls

http://exposingwot.com/  (It seems you hijacked this one)

https://www.trustpil...w/wargaming.com

and not just quiters ?

What was the per week played hours of this "game" 4 years ago and what is it nowadays ?  Am I to be blamed for this ?

Edited by NickMustaine, 15 December 2018 - 05:18 PM.
Inappropriate remarks

Ciki_el_Tigre #349 Posted 06 December 2018 - 11:19 PM

Private

• Player
  • 55687 battles
  • [WP_OS] WP_OS

View PostHomer_J, on 06 December 2018 - 08:01 PM, said:

What you are asking for is not balanced mm it would be rigged matchmaking.  Rigged to give a close result.  The format of the game leads to one sided battles.  If you didn't notice already there are no respawns so when a team loses a tank it is at a disadvantage.  The team at a disadvantage is more likely to lose another tank which puts it at a bigger disadvantage and so on.

Wrong!

For me, the best battles are those in which the winner is not known until the last moment. That mean good balance of tanks types and players skills.

I like to play such battles and before 3-5-7 Template there were many. Now they are really rare. I prefer the score at the end of battle 15:14 for the opponents, 

than 15:1 for my team. Maybe that's weird to you, but I expect such a game, full of crafts and uncertainty. Ofc, it`s not possible all time because many reasons,

but with changing templates to 6-9 or 8-7, or same tier, could be more often then in this moment.

PS. You ask me did I ( with more then 50K of games ) notice that there are no re spawn tanks in the game???  You are joking, or we don`t play same game.

Edited by Ciki_el_Tigre, 07 December 2018 - 10:15 AM.

Homer_J #350 Posted 07 December 2018 - 12:01 AM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 29757 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View PostCiki_el_Tigre, on 06 December 2018 - 10:19 PM, said:

Ofc, it`s not possible all time because many reasons,

but with changing templates to 6-9 or 8-7, or same tier, could be more often then in this moment.

The more you make the teams equal the more every tank counts the more you will get one sided battles.

The thing that turns a 5:10 into a 15:12 is having a few very good players on one team and only bad ones on the other.  The team with a few good players can lose all it's bad players and still be stronger than the team of only bad players.

23:05 Added after 3 minutes

View Postloulakas, on 06 December 2018 - 10:06 PM, said:

It took me about 10,000 battles to witness a 15-1 score and more than 20,000 battles to see a 15-0.

Like this one?

Posted Image

One sided battles were no less common 8 years ago than they are today.  I even called that screenshot 15-0-yet-again.

Gremlin182 #351 Posted 07 December 2018 - 12:17 AM

General

• Player
  • 49740 battles

I have been slacking a bit on this event got to 40% off might manage 50%

Question is whats the finish date and time, I recon I still have the 7th 8th and 9th and that it will finish in the early hours on the 10th.

So 3 full days to get another 23k

WoT_RU_Doing #352 Posted 07 December 2018 - 12:29 AM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 48699 battles
  • [-GY-] -GY-

View PostGremlin182, on 06 December 2018 - 11:17 PM, said:

Question is whats the finish date and time, I recon I still have the 7th 8th and 9th and that it will finish in the early hours on the 10th.

Yes, in fact it's written on the Marathon screen in-game as 30/11/2018 08:00 - 10/12/2018 08:00, but doesn't state the timezone

DaddysLittlePrincess #353 Posted 07 December 2018 - 07:52 AM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 25959 battles

View PostWoT_RU_Doing, on 06 December 2018 - 11:29 PM, said:

Yes, in fact it's written on the Marathon screen in-game as 30/11/2018 08:00 - 10/12/2018 08:00, but doesn't state the timezone

I think it already use your timezone, as for me the end of the marathon is 10/12/2018 09:00

@eekeeboo

Will there be some additional time to buy the tank or it will be removed from the premium store with the end of the marathon?

Ciki_el_Tigre #354 Posted 07 December 2018 - 09:34 AM

Private

• Player
  • 55687 battles
  • [WP_OS] WP_OS

View PostHomer_J, on 07 December 2018 - 12:01 AM, said:

The more you make the teams equal the more every tank counts the more you will get one sided battles.

The more you make teams EQUAL for me is: SAME tanks types and Commanders of approximate SKILLS... Than we will get TWO sided battle.

You talk about two sides and one have BAD players ONLY. Of course that will be one sided battle only. Simply, could not be two sided in that case.

Edited by Ciki_el_Tigre, 07 December 2018 - 09:35 AM.

Homer_J #355 Posted 07 December 2018 - 09:46 AM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 29757 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View PostDaddysLittlePrincess, on 07 December 2018 - 06:52 AM, said:

Will there be some additional time to buy the tank or it will be removed from the premium store with the end of the marathon?

Usually you get a day or two with it lingering in the store.  The guy who wanted to wait until after Xmas will be out of luck.

View PostCiki_el_Tigre, on 07 December 2018 - 08:34 AM, said:

The more you make teams EQUAL for me is: SAME tanks types and Commanders of approximate SKILLS... Than we will get TWO sided battle.

You talk about two sides and one have BAD players ONLY. Of course that will be one sided battle only. Simply, could not be two sided in that case.

Think about it like a football match but a player gets removed every time the team concedes a goal.  Now what's going to happen if both teams start out equal?  Good or bad is irrelevant.

Geno1isme #356 Posted 07 December 2018 - 10:11 AM

General

• Player
  • 44131 battles
  • [TRYIT] TRYIT

View Postloulakas, on 07 December 2018 - 12:06 AM, said:

How on hell the game came up to this without someone screwing up the MM TO LEVEL EVERYTHING AND EVERYONE OUT ?

MM doesn't lead to one-sided results, balancing does. Esp. powercreep and continously increasing amounts of premium ammo and consumables play a significant role in this.

View PostCiki_el_Tigre, on 07 December 2018 - 12:19 AM, said:

For me, the best battles are those in which the winner is not known until the last moment. That mean good balance of tanks types and players skills.

I like to play such battles and before 3-5-7 Template there were many. Now they are really rare.

Not really.

View PostCiki_el_Tigre, on 07 December 2018 - 12:19 AM, said:

I prefer the score at the end of battle 15:14 for the opponents, 

than 15:1 for my team. Maybe that's weird to you, but I expect such a game, full of crafts and uncertainty.

End result and match progression are two very different things. A very close match can still end 15:1, just like a 15:14 can be a pretty one-sided battle. Just earlier this week I had to witness how my team threw a certain roflstomp victory simply away as like 8 remaining tanks committed suizide by pushing into the two remaining enemies one-by-one (instead of just capping).

EshelionBlackheart #357 Posted 07 December 2018 - 11:56 AM

Private

• Player
  • 11583 battles

Balanced MM takes into account players' rating.

Also, there is nothing wrong with current MM templates, but their distribution is really bad. 3-5-7 template should happen about 10% of time on top, 10% on bottom and 10% in the middle, 5-10 template about 15% times as top and same as bottom, and the rest 40% should be same tier. Or 3-5-7 should happen even less often in favour of 5-10 and same tier template. Now it's like 3-5-7 70% (of which 70% games is on bottom) of the time and same tier 15% at most.

Close match ending in 15:1 score is rarity and would have end up with most of winning team players on very low hp to call it "close". After all, gun is gun and it's hard to make it "close" match when there is 3v1 or more if tier difference isn't a factor (and even then, one tank could focus on tracking, and other on flanking to do dmg while many tanks would struggle to do both track and dmg alone).

eekeeboo #358 Posted 07 December 2018 - 01:25 PM

• WG Staff
  • 45627 battles
  • [-DFA-] -DFA-

View Postloulakas, on 06 December 2018 - 10:06 PM, said:

Out of all of this: 

1) Please search for the domino effect. 

2) No predetermined battles. 

3) As the game has aged, so have the players from old. Mechanics have evolved, mods were added and adopted and people are easier able access mechanics that were difficult at the beginning with increased kemp of a bush, because people struggled with the camo and spotting system. 

4) Your explanation does not take into account point 1, 2 and 3 of the above statements. 

5) Still no rigging. 

6) "Special accounts"... I'm sorry to tell you that no one has special MM, you will generally find good players get good because they learn to understand the game, tanks, and maps more. Contributors "generally" not always become that because they are engaged, strive to learn and help others, as a result, improve their own results. One cause and effect, the effect isn't before the cause (which you state above). 

7) With any popular game with millions of players, you will always have different demographics in that player base, some people are casual and only stick with superficial knowledge, others assume the truth in what other people say, others learn more and more. The danger of all of this is people falling into a trap of confirmation bias, confirming hypothesis through biased observations.

8) No one blamed you for anything, you have asked questions and made statements, you have replies and answers. 

View PostCiki_el_Tigre, on 06 December 2018 - 10:19 PM, said:

You never know "who" the winner is until the last moment. Ammo racks happen, amazing defences happen, uber RNG moments can happen like teammates hating each other and killing one another for you. 

View PostDaddysLittlePrincess, on 07 December 2018 - 06:52 AM, said:

@eekeeboo

​There will be an additional 3 days to buy the tank once the marathon mission deadline ends. 

DaddysLittlePrincess #359 Posted 07 December 2018 - 01:39 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 25959 battles

View Posteekeeboo, on 07 December 2018 - 12:25 PM, said:

​There will be an additional 3 days to buy the tank once the marathon mission deadline ends. 

Thank you :)

the_nebuchadnezzar #360 Posted 07 December 2018 - 06:17 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 49274 battles
Any chance the marathon will be prolong for one or two days?! 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users