What are some good tank lines to go down?

Best Tier 10 Grind Tier X Fun Tanks

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

ELRagePsycho_ #1 Posted 02 December 2018 - 12:34 AM

Private

• Player
  • 1357 battles

I'm unsure of what tank line I should grind my way through.

I would like a line that's fun to play but good at the same time but I'm always unsure what line would be best to grind through yet still maintain some fun when going down that line. I don't know which line or tank type is good at the minute but I generally don't follow what's "Meta" and just look to have fun in a tank line but as I said, I don't know what line is fun but worth it. I'm mainly a free to play player, I rarely ever buy gold, premium, etc. so a fun grind is needed :D

I would prefer mainly a Medium, Heavy and or Tank Destroyer line over a Light or Arty line. I've heard from somewhere TD's aren't any good at the moment? I'm unsure if that is true or not, I don't really follow what's good or bad at the minute I just play for fun so :P

Currently, I'm heading towards the Kranvagn. I already find this a fun line and that's what I'm sticking to but I need other lines than just one.

Any suggestions I would highly appreciate! Thank you to anyone who leaves some suggestions! :D <3

Steeleye_Spam #2 Posted 02 December 2018 - 12:59 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 31107 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

I haven't got to the heavy part of the Swedish line, but I have to say I really enjoyed the Med's (bar the Leo).

The ruskie T34 line is the most consistently good, with fab all rounder tanks. I'd start there.

1ucky #3 Posted 02 December 2018 - 01:23 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 77863 battles
  • [-RLD-] -RLD-

Maybe best lines would be Obj.277 and FV4005.

(I have neither of those two tanks... :P But Tiers 1-9 were fun enough, possibly more than any other lines.)

Thing is, there are lots of nice Tier 10s. But there's mostly some part of the grind up until Tier 10, that sucks. So all things considered maybe just figure out which Tier 10 you'd like the most, and don't think about how hard the grind will be. Cause in the end it doesn't really matter, as long as you like your Tier 10 tank.

NoobySkooby #4 Posted 02 December 2018 - 03:09 AM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 15779 battles
  • [DENK] DENK

Russian up to the IS 7

German up to the Maus, possibly the big heavy TD they have at tier 10 too

Currently slowly going up the Polish tech tree.

ELRagePsycho_ #5 Posted 02 December 2018 - 03:15 AM

Private

• Player
  • 1357 battles

View PostNoobySkooby, on 02 December 2018 - 03:09 AM, said:

Russian up to the IS 7

German up to the Maus, possibly the big heavy TD they have at tier 10 too

Currently slowly going up the Polish tech tree.

How is the Maus line good? It seems like its only good from tier 8 

What would you say the Polish tech tree has been like so far?

02:18 Added after 3 minutes

View Post1ucky, on 02 December 2018 - 01:23 AM, said:

Maybe best lines would be Obj.277 and FV4005.

(I have neither of those two tanks... :P But Tiers 1-9 were fun enough, possibly more than any other lines.)

Thing is, there are lots of nice Tier 10s. But there's mostly some part of the grind up until Tier 10, that sucks. So all things considered maybe just figure out which Tier 10 you'd like the most, and don't think about how hard the grind will be. Cause in the end it doesn't really matter, as long as you like your Tier 10 tank.

Yeah, the derp on the FV4005 looks fun to shoot lol

I guess nearly every line has a painful grind you're right there. The Kranvagn is the only tier 10 I like the look of but I'm mainly looking for something fun but when I look at other posts and sources of what tanks and their lines are like to play, every single one seems to be more of a tedious grind than something you can just have fun in. 

Maybe I'll see about the FV4005 line tbh and possibly the Obj. 277. I'd need more opinions on those but thank you for the suggestion. I'll keep those in mind :D

02:19 Added after 4 minutes

View PostSteeleye_Spam, on 02 December 2018 - 12:59 AM, said:

I haven't got to the heavy part of the Swedish line, but I have to say I really enjoyed the Med's (bar the Leo).

The ruskie T34 line is the most consistently good, with fab all rounder tanks. I'd start there.

The T34 leads into 2 or 3 tier 10's (cant remember how many). Are you saying every line from T34 is good? I'm a little lost here since the lines seem to just lead onto multiple other tanks :P

XxKuzkina_MatxX #6 Posted 02 December 2018 - 04:33 AM

Major

• Player
  • 53179 battles
  • [_B-R_] _B-R_

View PostELRagePsycho_, on 02 December 2018 - 01:34 AM, said:

I would like a line that's fun to play but good at the same time

Type 5, probably the most fun line in WOT. :)

Gremlin182 #7 Posted 02 December 2018 - 07:10 AM

General

• Player
  • 51910 battles

View PostELRagePsycho_, on 02 December 2018 - 12:34 AM, said:

I would like a line that's fun to play but good at the same time but I'm always unsure what line would be best to grind through yet still maintain some fun when going down that line. I don't know which line or tank type is good at the minute but I generally don't follow what's "Meta" and just look to have fun in a tank line but as I said, I don't know what line is fun but worth it. I'm mainly a free to play player, I rarely ever buy gold, premium, etc. so a fun grind is needed :D

I would prefer mainly a Medium, Heavy and or Tank Destroyer line over a Light or Arty line. I've heard from somewhere TD's aren't any good at the moment? I'm unsure if that is true or not, I don't really follow what's good or bad at the minute I just play for fun so :P

Currently, I'm heading towards the Kranvagn. I already find this a fun line and that's what I'm sticking to but I need other lines than just one.

Any suggestions I would highly appreciate! Thank you to anyone who leaves some suggestions! :D <3

My usual piece of advice to anyone unsure of what to play or line to follow it to get on the test server.

There is one running at the moment it probably has a little longer to run maybe a week.

Its useful because they lend you the resources to buy entire lines of tanks

100 million xp and credits as well as 20,000 gold.

Use it and all future test servers to test drive tanks.

TDs are still pretty useful but are mostly support tanks even if they have a turret it tracks slower than a medium or light tanks so again with a couple of exceptions you cannot play them like a medium.

You have generally a better gun tier for tier and better camo when stationary.

Whole different playstyle to standard tanks you tend to be using distance and cover more or following friendly tanks and helping them.

I found the American and Russian lines decent and fairly easy to play though I do play everything.

Bordhaw #8 Posted 02 December 2018 - 11:53 AM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 13163 battles

View PostELRagePsycho_, on 01 December 2018 - 11:34 PM, said:

http://forum.worldoftanks.eu/index.php?/topic/678539-final-results-must-have-non-premium-tanks-per-class-tier-iv-x/#topmost

Strappster #9 Posted 02 December 2018 - 12:54 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 25985 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View PostELRagePsycho_, on 01 December 2018 - 11:34 PM, said:

Any suggestions I would highly appreciate! Thank you to anyone who leaves some suggestions!

In all honesty, any time this question is asked it can usually be translated into, "what are your favourite lines which may or may not suit me?" I've been enjoying playing the Centurion I recently and enjoyed the grind on the way here but it's taken me the better part of two years so far because I've jumped to other lines regularly. It means that I get a pleasant surprise whenever I return to playing British mediums but I've no idea whether that fits the criteria of a fun line for you to grind to tier X.

View PostGremlin182, on 02 December 2018 - 06:10 AM, said:

My usual piece of advice to anyone unsure of what to play or line to follow it to get on the test server.

This is what I did, although you need to make allowances for everyone spamming gold and most tier X battles will be full of kiddies who haven't gone past tier VI on the regular server.

ELRagePsycho_ #10 Posted 02 December 2018 - 02:21 PM

Private

• Player
  • 1357 battles

View PostXxKuzkina_MatxX, on 02 December 2018 - 04:33 AM, said:

Type 5, probably the most fun line in WOT. :)

lol I forgot that tank and its line existed when I was thinking of lines xD

I'll keep that one in mind too. Thank you :P

13:23 Added after 1 minute

View PostGremlin182, on 02 December 2018 - 07:10 AM, said:

There is one running at the moment it probably has a little longer to run maybe a week.

Its useful because they lend you the resources to buy entire lines of tanks

100 million xp and credits as well as 20,000 gold.

Use it and all future test servers to test drive tanks.

TDs are still pretty useful but are mostly support tanks even if they have a turret it tracks slower than a medium or light tanks so again with a couple of exceptions you cannot play them like a medium.

You have generally a better gun tier for tier and better camo when stationary.

Whole different playstyle to standard tanks you tend to be using distance and cover more or following friendly tanks and helping them.

I found the American and Russian lines decent and fairly easy to play though I do play everything.

Hmmm, the test server does sound ideal to see what I would like. If it's still up and running I'll hop onto it! Thanks :D

I've been going through the Russian Mediums and I know they're quite fun to play. I'll probably give the American ones a shot too :P

ELRagePsycho_ #11 Posted 02 December 2018 - 02:44 PM

Private

• Player
  • 1357 battles

View PostStrappster, on 02 December 2018 - 12:54 PM, said:

In all honesty, any time this question is asked it can usually be translated into, "what are your favourite lines which may or may not suit me?" I've been enjoying playing the Centurion I recently and enjoyed the grind on the way here but it's taken me the better part of two years so far because I've jumped to other lines regularly. It means that I get a pleasant surprise whenever I return to playing British mediums but I've no idea whether that fits the criteria of a fun line for you to grind to tier X.

This is what I did, although you need to make allowances for everyone spamming gold and most tier X battles will be full of kiddies who haven't gone past tier VI on the regular server.

Yeah I suppose that translation is somewhat correct but I'm looking for a general opinion on a fun line to go up rather than a specific tank or line which suits me since I'll pretty much play anything, I don't exactly have a suitor (unless I aint found one yet xD). I see where you're coming from though. I jump currently from the Kranvagn line, to the Russian Mediums and sometimes maybe the American TD's. It's just those two have already gotten pretty boring although I've invested too much time into them so I guess they're "on hold" for now :P

That's a good point actually. I'd have to take my experiences on the test server lightly and not judge the tanks too harshly. Still, despite the gold spam, playing the tanks should hopefully give me a good indication on what they'll be like. Thank you for the heads up! I'll keep the gold spammers in mind :D

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users