Reporting for Duty

• Please log in to reply
109 replies to this topic

Jigabachi #61 Posted 03 December 2018 - 08:35 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 17948 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

Well. I wish you fun and all the best, even though the sarcastic side of me wanted to make a comment about changing forum staff and about underpants.

But who knows?! Surprise us! It can only get better from here - not necessarily because your predecessors did such a bad job, more like because... well. You should know the problem. It's all rather onesided here...

Anyway, wish you fun and success with whatever you'll come up with in the future!

KinkyTail #62 Posted 04 December 2018 - 06:29 AM

Corporal

• Player
  • 958 battles
  • [D0NG] D0NG
Welcome, and have a good time here with these bunch of complainers and whiners ;)

Homer_J #63 Posted 04 December 2018 - 07:45 AM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 29757 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View Postjabster, on 03 December 2018 - 07:22 PM, said:

Seriously?

Why do you think your own forum has a quote button which, well quotes the post you’re replying to. Maybe you should ask who’s ever in charge of the forums to change that to just putting the name of the person you’re replying to.

They did set up tagging / mentioning / whatever a few years ago but never let us all in on how to do it.  I only saw it in a dark and rarely visited corner of the forum.

jabster #64 Posted 04 December 2018 - 08:34 AM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 12598 battles
  • [WSAT] WSAT

View PostHomer_J, on 04 December 2018 - 06:45 AM, said:

They did set up tagging / mentioning / whatever a few years ago but never let us all in on how to do it.  I only saw it in a dark and rarely visited corner of the forum.

Well at least they fixed the “can’t handle blank lines in quotes” problem from several years ago. I still don’t like the automated merge of posts feature though. Answer to two different points, end up with one post.

Edit: And a welcome to our new CM.

Edited by jabster, 04 December 2018 - 12:41 PM.

arthurwellsley #65 Posted 04 December 2018 - 09:17 AM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 52163 battles
  • [-B-C-] -B-C-

Hello eekeeboo. It is very nice that WG have given the English speaking community a CM who is actually a native speaker of the language (albeit with a peculiar accent). Welcome to the madhouse.

SaintMaddenus #66 Posted 04 December 2018 - 12:35 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 35579 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

People report for the slightest things eh...     usually its Reporting for BOT.  This time It's reporting for duty...

ThorgrimBrenadim #67 Posted 04 December 2018 - 02:26 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 29814 battles

View Posteekeeboo, on 03 December 2018 - 12:59 PM, said:

Sarcasm is the sugar in tea, without it... it's just brown muck! 

Yorkshire born and raised! 

Oh ! god a foreigner from the other side of them thar hills.  :)

Welcome to the madhouse RNG is perfectly logical compared with this forum lol.

NoobySkooby #68 Posted 04 December 2018 - 07:09 PM

Colonel

• Player
  • 15180 battles

View Posteekeeboo, on 03 December 2018 - 10:19 AM, said:

Hello, Tankers! 

Spoiler

I would like to introduce myself to you all formally as your new Community Manager for EU (English). Some of you may already know me from my activities in WGL and hanging around in the community since the beta. I have most recently been working on World of Warplanes (some of you may have seen me there). I look forward to working with all of you in and off the battlefield. :izmena:

If you've got questions or things you'd like to know about me, feel free to throw them in the thread, I will be answering as frequently as possible. 

Good hunting! :honoring:

Bit late to the party but welcome to the forums, you will soon get to know me and my inane pointless threads and meaningless mutterings, and as the official forum tomato:izmena:

eekeeboo #69 Posted 04 December 2018 - 07:56 PM

English Community Manager

• WG Staff
  • 45627 battles
  • [-DFA-] -DFA-

View Postvp56, on 03 December 2018 - 07:11 PM, said:

I will never promise things I can't deliver. I will deliver news, good or bad and share information I know current and past. To highlight I can listen, note and pass on feedback, but that doesn't mean it will result in the changes. There's a lot more steps and a lot more things to happen to that stage. 
19:05 Added after 8 minutes

View PostJigabachi, on 03 December 2018 - 07:35 PM, said:

Well. I wish you fun and all the best, even though the sarcastic side of me wanted to make a comment about changing forum staff and about underpants.

But who knows?! Surprise us! It can only get better from here - not necessarily because your predecessors did such a bad job, more like because... well. You should know the problem. It's all rather onesided here...

Anyway, wish you fun and success with whatever you'll come up with in the future!

Thank-you! And don't worry, sarcasm is welcome. For improvements, I can't and don't make promises and I cannot guarantee changes or success, only I will do what I can. 

View PostKinkyTail, on 04 December 2018 - 05:29 AM, said:

Welcome, and have a good time here with these bunch of complainers and whiners ;)

Thank-you and thank-you! I will hopefully be able to reduce the latter, but the nature of forums is that people come here to express grievances rather than happy thoughts, rainbows, and unicorns! 

View PostHomer_J, on 04 December 2018 - 06:45 AM, said:

This may or may not have had to do with some people at the time abusing the system! :sceptic:

View Postarthurwellsley, on 04 December 2018 - 08:17 AM, said:

Hello eekeeboo. It is very nice that WG have given the English speaking community a CM who is actually a native speaker of the language (albeit with a peculiar accent). Welcome to the madhouse.

You mean the BEST accent, surely? :great:

View PostThorgrimBrenadim, on 04 December 2018 - 01:26 PM, said:

Oh ! god a foreigner from the other side of them thar hills.  :)

Welcome to the madhouse RNG is perfectly logical compared with this forum lol.

RNG is the spice of life! Thank-you for the warm welcome and greeting. 

View PostNoobySkooby, on 04 December 2018 - 06:09 PM, said:

Bit late to the party but welcome to the forums, you will soon get to know me and my inane pointless threads and meaningless mutterings, and as the official forum tomato:izmena:

​I remember being the WGL tomato mascot! Hello!  ​

Baldrickk #70 Posted 04 December 2018 - 08:31 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 30598 battles
  • [-TAH-] -TAH-

View Posteekeeboo, on 04 December 2018 - 07:56 PM, said:

Lots of answers

Thanks for quoting. 

Makes it a lot easier to read :great:

Oh, and I'd love to be here for happy thoughts, rainbows and unicums unicorns, but sometimes I have to settle for truth/debunking :honoring:

Edited by Baldrickk, 04 December 2018 - 08:34 PM.

samuelx43a #71 Posted 04 December 2018 - 08:48 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 22876 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

New bloke on the block!

welcome to our humble forums, where we tend to whine to almost anything... usually with popcorn and bets how quickly the mods will close it... :P

Hopefully this place will be a teeny less toxic with you around.

best of luck!

Karasu_Hidesuke #72 Posted 04 December 2018 - 11:07 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 16175 battles
  • [I-S-L] I-S-L
:popcorn:

King_Flippy_Nips #73 Posted 04 December 2018 - 11:54 PM

Sergeant

• Beta Tester
  • 13575 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
edited

Edited by 11poseidon11, 05 December 2018 - 06:12 PM.
This post has been edited by the moderation team due to inappropriate remarks.

Rittmeister39 #74 Posted 05 December 2018 - 02:34 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 10280 battles
  • [SPIKE] SPIKE

edited

Edited by 11poseidon11, 05 December 2018 - 06:20 PM.
This post has been edited by the moderation team due to not being constructive

PhooBar #75 Posted 05 December 2018 - 04:32 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 19031 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

Welcome aboard eekeeboo!

I am PhooBar & this will be your official WOT community briefing. (better late than never)

1.  Look at my avatar.

2. God loves artillery.

Briefing complete.

Have a lovely day!

Edited by PhooBar, 05 December 2018 - 04:33 PM.

eekeeboo #76 Posted 05 December 2018 - 08:11 PM

• WG Staff
  • 45627 battles
  • [-DFA-] -DFA-

View PostBaldrickk, on 04 December 2018 - 07:31 PM, said:

That's it! No more quoting for you until there are more unicorns! :izmena:

View Postsamuelx43a, on 04 December 2018 - 07:48 PM, said:

Thank-you and hello! I shall try to reduce the whining, increase the popcorn and not need for mods to close anything. That's the dream, no point in dreaming small, right?! 

View PostKarasu_Hidesuke, on 04 December 2018 - 10:07 PM, said:

:popcorn:

salty, sweet, flavoured or caramel? 

View PostPhooBar, on 05 December 2018 - 03:32 PM, said:

​Artillery is indeed the act of angels bestowing gifts upon players. Thank-you for the greeting and hello! 

vp56 #77 Posted 05 December 2018 - 08:40 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 3424 battles
  • [H-N-O] H-N-O

View Posteekeeboo, on 04 December 2018 - 06:56 PM, said:

I will never promise things I can't deliver. I will deliver news, good or bad and share information I know current and past. To highlight I can listen, note and pass on feedback, but that doesn't mean it will result in the changes. There's a lot more steps and a lot more things to happen to that stage. (...)

Seems like you're off to a good start. Honesty goes a long way - instead of going into hiding when something happens. It is a very, ahem, original approach to communication that is sure to have made more than a few players' wallets a little bit thicker.

I very much doubt anyone, the passionate players (I understand this is the Wargaming term) included, thinks the community staff can rock the very foundation of Wargaming via their keyboards. You seem to have succeeded, finally, to convince us that you're in fact passing on feedback. That's good, but perhaps ultimately of little value.
To me, it's the lack of competence, professionalism and consistency displayed that is problematic. At times it's so obvious to us "laymen" that one can only wonder how employees in a company can allow it to happen.

Many players would feel a lot better if they didn't have to figure out their own reasons for certain things - it's a well-known 'psychological' phenomenon that humans tend to 'fill in the blanks' with negative details. You probably know that already, and I'm looking forward to seeing if Wargaming (EU) has, finally, gained a staff member with the proper heart and commitment (I will admit that there are others with it, but those are not public figures).

cro001 #78 Posted 05 December 2018 - 10:25 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 30442 battles

Skimmed through some of your posts... You already seem better than 90%(if not all) mods from EN section. We'll see how long you're gonna last with loony bin that goes around here. :D

Welcome.

undutchable80 #79 Posted 06 December 2018 - 02:52 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 8380 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

Bit late to the party, but welcome! 

Liking what I see from your responses so far, so hang on to them positive waves Moriarty, since some people here will surely test it out! 

eekeeboo #80 Posted 06 December 2018 - 08:01 PM

• WG Staff
  • 45627 battles
  • [-DFA-] -DFA-

View Postvp56, on 05 December 2018 - 07:40 PM, said:

Seems like you're off to a good start. Honesty goes a long way - instead of going into hiding when something happens. It is a very, ahem, original approach to communication that is sure to have made more than a few players' wallets a little bit thicker.

I very much doubt anyone, the passionate players (I understand this is the Wargaming term) included, thinks the community staff can rock the very foundation of Wargaming via their keyboards. You seem to have succeeded, finally, to convince us that you're in fact passing on feedback. That's good, but perhaps ultimately of little value.
To me, it's the lack of competence, professionalism and consistency displayed that is problematic. At times it's so obvious to us "laymen" that one can only wonder how employees in a company can allow it to happen.

Many players would feel a lot better if they didn't have to figure out their own reasons for certain things - it's a well-known 'psychological' phenomenon that humans tend to 'fill in the blanks' with negative details. You probably know that already, and I'm looking forward to seeing if Wargaming (EU) has, finally, gained a staff member with the proper heart and commitment (I will admit that there are others with it, but those are not public figures).

Thank-you, it is important to note that all staff are passionate and dedicated to the community (the players) and delivering the best game possible for all. That sometimes means that a selection of that are not the happiest, the main goal is always to try and reach for the majority. 

For information sharing, there will be times that there is information I cannot share for a good reason, despite it sometimes possibly making life "easier" for myself, it is an important decision and will carry it out the best I can. Sometimes I get to be the bearer of good news, others I get to be the bearer of bad news. I can't have it all one way, but hopefully, if I explain this you will understand now that any information I can share I will, if not then I won't. But the information that is shared is intended to do good not harm, unfortunately, we don't always succeed, but doesn't mean we should stop trying :honoring:

View Postundutchable80, on 06 December 2018 - 01:52 PM, said:

Bit late to the party, but welcome! 

Liking what I see from your responses so far, so hang on to them positive waves Moriarty, since some people here will surely test it out! 

Thank-you and I will do my utmost to be positive and make sure in future that constructive and positive is the continued majority in the future. :justwait:

3 user(s) are reading this topic

1 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users

Bulldog_Drummond