Any tips for being more productive in the AMX ELC bis?

amx elc bis light french france scout lt tank baguette

• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

grizly1973 #1 Posted 03 December 2018 - 07:40 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 20593 battles
  • [BA_RO] BA_RO

So I got my 1st MoE in the ELC without any fancy crew. I kept getting closer to the 2nd one until it started to stall at 83.5-84%... And it won't go any higher with 1.2K combined dmg.

The thing is that I was easily getting 1K actual damage by playing it like a TD and very little assist. And if I play it as a true scout I sometimes get up to 2K assist. But that's rare and the % increase is little, not to mention that it drops the back to where it was the next battle because the lack of consistency. So playing it as a TD won't get me further, nor will playing it as a light. If I combine the playstyles I get 1K combined on average because it's not that efficient to do both the TDs' work and scouts' work at once.

I feel that I need consisted 1.5K combined on average to progress any further.

So, if any of you are experienced with the ELC or master lights in general, I would greatly appreciate a few tips on increasing the average dmg.

*Note that I have a 100% crew with a half-skilled perk. So no 6th sense or anything, just intuition. I tent to get blasted by arty while sitting in bushes and not realising that I'm spotted. Arty is the thing that kills me most battles anyways, in any tank class I play...

Balc0ra #2 Posted 03 December 2018 - 08:02 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 67913 battles
  • [WALL] WALL

I play it like a hybrid with the 90mm gun. Early spots, then find a spot where I can do both. As in a location with plenty of bush cover so I can pull back 15m and hit a target and stay spotting. Ofc this is not easy on all maps. If it's an Urban map etc. Then I just do an early sweep to see if I can spot what goes on one side, and then look at the map for good hit and runs or flank fire shots. I never stick around after I fire then. Or I follow a wolfpack and drive up with auto aim, fire and bugger off. 

That and track shoots is not a bad idea if you want to get more assist points on something you know more are aiming at. Even on urban maps if you can. As that can give you a small boost if you want that % to go up. 

I've not played mine lots of late. But when I do, anything above 1K combined usually keeps it at 95%. So idk why you struggle with that much lower down with the same values.  

Edited by Balc0ra, 03 December 2018 - 08:08 PM.

grizly1973 #3 Posted 03 December 2018 - 08:11 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 20593 battles
  • [BA_RO] BA_RO

View PostBalc0ra, on 03 December 2018 - 09:02 PM, said:

I play it like a hybrid with the 90mm gun. Early spots, then find a spot where I can do both. As in a location with plenty of bush cover so I can pull back 15m and hit a target and stay spotting. Ofc this is not easy on all maps. If it's an Urban map etc. Then I just do an early sweep to see if I can spot what goes on one side, and then look at the map for good hit and runs or flank fire shots. I never stick around after I fire then. Or I follow a wolfpack and drive up with auto aim, fire and bugger off. 

That and track shoots is not a bad idea if you want to get more assist points on something you know more are aiming at. Even on urban maps if you can. As that can give you a small boost if you want that % to go up. 

I've not played mine lots of late. But when I do, anything above 1K combined usually keeps it at 95%. So idk why you struggle with that much lower down with the same values.  

Thank you. Yes I find it really strange that it doesen't go up with at least 1K combined. Thanks for the advice! I'll update you when I have a free night to try out the tactics you listed above. Cheers!

cragarion #4 Posted 03 December 2018 - 08:19 PM

Major

• Beta Tester
  • 44823 battles

View Postgrizly1973, on 03 December 2018 - 07:40 PM, said:

So I got my 1st MoE in the ELC without any fancy crew. I kept getting closer to the 2nd one until it started to stall at 83.5-84%... And it won't go any higher with 1.2K combined dmg.

The thing is that I was easily getting 1K actual damage by playing it like a TD and very little assist. And if I play it as a true scout I sometimes get up to 2K assist. But that's rare and the % increase is little, not to mention that it drops the back to where it was the next battle because the lack of consistency. So playing it as a TD won't get me further, nor will playing it as a light. If I combine the playstyles I get 1K combined on average because it's not that efficient to do both the TDs' work and scouts' work at once.

So, if any of you are experienced with the ELC or master lights in general, I would greatly appreciate a few tips on increasing the average dmg.

*Note that I have a 100% crew with a half-skilled perk. So no 6th sense or anything, just intuition. I tent to get blasted by arty while sitting in bushes and not realising that I'm spotted. Arty is the thing that kills me most battles anyways, in any tank class I play...

Pick a different stat padder everyone uses this one to try and make people think they are better players than they actually are.

grizly1973 #5 Posted 03 December 2018 - 09:18 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 20593 battles
  • [BA_RO] BA_RO

View Postcragarion, on 03 December 2018 - 09:19 PM, said:

Pick a different stat padder everyone uses this one to try and make people think they are better players than they actually are.

Well, I'm actually trying to get a good crew and exp for the soon-to-come wheeled vehicles, as I want to get the 178B on day 1 after its release. And I've ambitioned myself to 3 mark it if I'll play it so much anyways because why not. Given that I've had a hard time doing that, I've come here for a little help, you know :P

cragarion #6 Posted 03 December 2018 - 09:25 PM

Major

• Beta Tester
  • 44823 battles

View Postgrizly1973, on 03 December 2018 - 09:18 PM, said:

Well, I'm actually trying to get a good crew and exp for the soon-to-come wheeled vehicles, as I want to get the 178B on day 1 after its release. And I've ambitioned myself to 3 mark it if I'll play it so much anyways because why not. Given that I've had a hard time doing that, I've come here for a little help, you know :P

goto a stats site and see which vehicle you have best stats in use that one to train your crew, as that's the one you are obviously best in.

grizly1973 #7 Posted 03 December 2018 - 09:31 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 20593 battles
  • [BA_RO] BA_RO

View Postcragarion, on 03 December 2018 - 10:25 PM, said:

goto a stats site and see which vehicle you have best stats in use that one to train your crew, as that's the one you are obviously best in.

Noobmeter shows the ELC AMX as the best vehicle WN8-wise, right after the LT vz. 35, a vehicle that I've played only 1 battle in. :unsure:

cragarion #8 Posted 03 December 2018 - 09:37 PM

Major

• Beta Tester
  • 44823 battles

View Postgrizly1973, on 03 December 2018 - 09:31 PM, said:

Noobmeter shows the ELC AMX as the best vehicle WN8-wise, right after the LT vz. 35, a vehicle that I've played only 1 battle in. :unsure:

you want the one you are best in not other people, the elc amx is different to most scouts in it does not have a fully rotational turret, so you have to play it slightly different to other scouts, when circling other tanks you need to play it more like the E25, so if you are good in that then you should be ok.

Bordhaw #9 Posted 03 December 2018 - 09:42 PM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 12736 battles

View Postgrizly1973, on 03 December 2018 - 06:40 PM, said:

So no 6th sense or anything, just intuition. I tent to get blasted by arty while sitting in bushes and not realising that I'm spotted. Arty is the thing that kills me most battles anyways, in any tank class I play...

NoobySkooby #10 Posted 04 December 2018 - 05:15 AM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 15435 battles
Sell it:trollface:

Tipperty #11 Posted 04 December 2018 - 05:49 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 20161 battles

I would love to tell you, but I have only played in it a few times since WG butchered it. I used to love the old ELC, with it's derpy looking eyes, then Wg added a box over one of the eyes and then they introduced tier 10 tanks and nerf batted the tank into the ground. I had 2 marks on it and on my way to the 3rd and now it just sits in my garage collecting dust.

I will say, getting your 3rd mark takes a lot of effort on some tanks, you need to up your situational awareness and read the map well and make plays that max your damage and when marking tanks, damage is king, but assistance is a 2nd best, so go for tracking shots, a spotted de-tracked tanks doesn't normally last long, so while you might get 120-240 damage out of a target, de-tracking it and having your team feed you assistance damage for it's remaining HP. I might not be able to pen a certain tank, but if my team can, I will at least get some reward from the kill. remember spotting is shared with everyone that can see the tank, but de-track assistance will feed you more exp, that way you don't have to worry about who is sharing the spotting damage.

Edited by Tipperty, 04 December 2018 - 05:50 AM.

snowlywhite #12 Posted 04 December 2018 - 05:52 AM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 19577 battles

swear I've been stuck at 93% till I got blue... 1k is around. Now I've dropped when I took it for a swing lately - so probably ppl. are grinding xp and mark went up from since I've played it. But at 1k it goes... slooowly. So should aim a bit higher - not that you can do much when a bad map rotation comes.

get a decent crew, get coffee, etc... Decent - I had 2 skills on mine as I didn't want to sacrifice any crew I already had. But without 6th sense seems pretty dubious given you're playing elc, not some dumb heavy. Had 6th sense and most of camo. Without camo, you really don't have much advantage.

From 92% or so I put coffee on it and aferwards left it running with coffee. I don't play it enough to affect my budget and man, that gun sure has it's own mind... It's still need 950 years to fully aim even with coffee, but it won't be 1k. Probably helps more my morale than does anything in reality :P

i've played mine pretty passive spotting when the map allowed, but also shooting even if I would've been spotted when ppl. started to tunnel vision. Plus tier 5 guns are how they are and the tank is hard to hit anyway. Main bane of it for me are other lights. Handbrake and shoot - I'm fully able to and actually land those shots. But with 12s reload and sluggish acceleration the other guy has plenty of time to kill you.

baribal_80 #13 Posted 04 December 2018 - 11:39 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 22573 battles

View Postgrizly1973, on 03 December 2018 - 06:40 PM, said:

You need a good crew + food for elc amx bis. Also yeah if you only play it like a TD you will top out low. When I 3 marked mine I tried to spot as much as possible too but 6th sense if a must.

I ended with 70% wr at the end of my grind but I only have 1 replay to share. Hope it helps http://wotreplays.eu..._80-amx_elc_bis

grizly1973 #14 Posted 04 December 2018 - 02:33 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 20593 battles
  • [BA_RO] BA_RO

View Postbaribal_80, on 04 December 2018 - 12:39 PM, said:

You need a good crew + food for elc amx bis. Also yeah if you only play it like a TD you will top out low. When I 3 marked mine I tried to spot as much as possible too but 6th sense if a must.

I ended with 70% wr at the end of my grind but I only have 1 replay to share. Hope it helps http://wotreplays.eu..._80-amx_elc_bis

Thanks! I'll take a look at that one right now!

baribal_80 #15 Posted 04 December 2018 - 02:45 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 22573 battles

View Postgrizly1973, on 04 December 2018 - 01:33 PM, said:

Thanks! I'll take a look at that one right now!

Have in mind it's a crapmap and I played meh at the start. If you have full camo on elc remember you will not be spoted easily. With 6th you will learn you will not be spoted moving at above 350m (unless there is a premium light tank or a good td with binos from higher tiers) 

Balc0ra #16 Posted 04 December 2018 - 03:34 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 67913 battles
  • [WALL] WALL

View Postcragarion, on 03 December 2018 - 09:37 PM, said:

you want the one you are best in not other people

I suspect his point was that he is grinding it due to the new line that is coming. So thus pointers would be welcome to ease the grind. MOE was just a bonus. Not that he wanted to be the best in it. 

View Postcragarion, on 03 December 2018 - 09:37 PM, said:

the elc amx is different to most scouts in it does not have a fully rotational turret

Actually, it does... if you have the smaller gun. It's only locked if you have the 90mm. Then playing it like the E25 with that long reload don't work vs most targets. Then the few it does work on, it mostly works because they can't get the gun down. Like the KV-85 as he doesn't even have enough gun depression to hit the E25 head on even when you hug it. Or the side of the O-I etc until you can get around with the gun again. 

salvager #17 Posted 04 December 2018 - 03:40 PM

Private

• Player
  • 26255 battles

I've played a little over 800 games in the ELC, almost all before it was nerfed.  However, it is still very playable with a bit of tweaking.  I have 3 MOE, and WN8 of around 2300.

I very seldom use it as an active scout, it simply isn't fast enough, especially now.  Passive scouting is where it is best used IMO, so you need to concentrate on your vision and camo.

I use 90mm, and take a reasonable amount WN8 rounds, as you will meet Tier 7's like Tiger P, T29, BP which you struggle to pen with standard rounds.  It will take time to get your crew trained in the necessary skills, but you should be aiming for BIA, Sixth Sense on Commander and repairs on the other 2, and then camo.  Equipment you need rammer, binos and camo.  Consumables, I go with repairs, coffee, and high octane fuel (it gives a speed boost).  I don't bother with extinguisher or first aid, because if you are hit in this thing, you're dead anyway.

You absolutely need Sixth Sense to get any real enjoyment out of this thing, as it is with most tanks in this game.

There is nothing really like it in the game, so it does have quite a different play style to other LT's.  You might occasionally get the odd fool, unaware of the ELC limitations, pinging the map and trying to instruct you in chat to go active spotting. Ignore them.  Stay hidden, passive, and once you get mid/late game, start harassing and cleaning up the stragglers.

grizly1973 #18 Posted 04 December 2018 - 06:31 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 20593 battles
  • [BA_RO] BA_RO

View Postsalvager, on 04 December 2018 - 04:40 PM, said:

I've played a little over 800 games in the ELC, almost all before it was nerfed.  However, it is still very playable with a bit of tweaking.  I have 3 MOE, and WN8 of around 2300.

I very seldom use it as an active scout, it simply isn't fast enough, especially now.  Passive scouting is where it is best used IMO, so you need to concentrate on your vision and camo.

I use 90mm, and take a reasonable amount WN8 rounds, as you will meet Tier 7's like Tiger P, T29, BP which you struggle to pen with standard rounds.  It will take time to get your crew trained in the necessary skills, but you should be aiming for BIA, Sixth Sense on Commander and repairs on the other 2, and then camo.  Equipment you need rammer, binos and camo.  Consumables, I go with repairs, coffee, and high octane fuel (it gives a speed boost).  I don't bother with extinguisher or first aid, because if you are hit in this thing, you're dead anyway.

You absolutely need Sixth Sense to get any real enjoyment out of this thing, as it is with most tanks in this game.

There is nothing really like it in the game, so it does have quite a different play style to other LT's.  You might occasionally get the odd fool, unaware of the ELC limitations, pinging the map and trying to instruct you in chat to go active spotting. Ignore them.  Stay hidden, passive, and once you get mid/late game, start harassing and cleaning up the stragglers.

Thanks for the advice!

Anthony_1972 #19 Posted 04 December 2018 - 10:28 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 8701 battles

I only played after the nerf.  Both with the 90mm cannon, and the 75mm.   Have 2 MOE, but are at 78% now. 

The strong point of the ELC is the camo and vision.  It is a fantastic passive scout.   Use it like that. 

The choice between the guns is a matter of play style.  The 90mm is great for sneaky damage dealing.  But not having a fully rotatable turret, and low DPM, it is VERY situational.  As a pseudo TD is works nicely.   But you are totally useless as a defense against enemy scouts.  When they circle, you can't turn the gun far enough, and you don't have the DPM.   Then the 75mm is far better.   

I used the 90mm for a while, and then turned back to the 75mm.   Seems to work for me in more situation, is more flexible.    But both work well.   Just different style, and different options. 

One thing to get MOE is NOT focusing on them.   Winning game will bring them automatically.   Focus too much on it, and you"ll make stupid mistakes. 

Also tagged with amx, elc, bis, light, french, france, scout, lt, tank, baguette

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users