WG is listening...

• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

Qnubis #1 Posted 05 December 2018 - 11:59 AM

Private

• Player
  • 4230 battles

But in the wrong game, I don't know if you guys are following any community development on Twitch. But there, quickybaby plays a f2p account to see how it's like for new players, in addition he complained about the fact that seal clubbers are ruining the new player experience and thus make the game lose players/appeal. As such he suggested that baby seals should at least be armed to fight back. One of his suggestions was to give all players a 100% crew for lower Tiers and then 75% for free to everyone after Tier 5. He concluded that 50% should basically be removed from the game because it is absolutely unplayable to play the game that way.

Today I wake up and check WoT Blitz patchnotes:

• Now, all vehicles up to Tier V inclusive will always come with 100% crew mastery.
  • The first training in Regimental School to the level of 75% is now free. Subsequently, a normal fee will be charged.

I hope this is just a test run for WG and they will actually implement similar things to PC (there are many things in Blitz that I think are handled better, for example Premium ammo), let's face it the game is losing players a lot, I think quicky mentioned a 20% drop from last year and that is alarming.

King_Flippy_Nips #2 Posted 05 December 2018 - 12:03 PM

Sergeant

• Beta Tester
  • 13496 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
That's a great idea. And should definately be implemented on PC. I enjoy playing any Tier and the more competitive the better.

cro001 #3 Posted 05 December 2018 - 12:04 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 30252 battles
He is kinda right, 50% crew is useless. Especially now with stun mechanic of arty - good luck doing anything.

Discontinued #4 Posted 05 December 2018 - 01:07 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 1672 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

The trouble with that, is many people would simply make new accounts, especially scrubs like me to continue in their clubbing activities.

There would also be the issue of compensation for older players and it would act as a disincentive to climb the tiers, which may actually be a good thing?

Also good on Mr Quicky for doing such a thing but he is an experienced player so "starting again as F2P " is only of limited value as he will smash his way through the tiers in no time at all and will in fact be "seal clubbing".

Balc0ra #5 Posted 05 December 2018 - 01:07 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 67337 battles
  • [WALL] WALL

View PostQnubis, on 05 December 2018 - 11:59 AM, said:

Now, all vehicles up to Tier V inclusive will always come with 100% crew mastery.

The thing to keep in mind is that Blitz lower tiers are not as populated, and the maps are way smaller, and matches are 7 vs 7. Thus games are shorter and faster paced. And over half the low tier population are players with more than 2K games in Blitz. Not less than 100. So that's why they did this. To even out the odds for new players vs those that already have a good crew considering how their game works vs WOT.

So the last patch they had a major rework to the game to make it new player friendly. So they also removed almost all the lower tiers from the tech tree, and removed the tier 1 tanks and made one line from tier 1 to 3. So Germany now has the Pz II as tier 1. Thus all tech trees have one line on lower tiers. Then it splits into TD's and meds at tier 4. So no Marder on Blitz anymore. That inc some changes like making the US M7 a tier 4 med to start that line. And no HT's until tier 5. So the B1 etc was removed. Those that had them still owns them. My Luchs, T-28, AMX 40 and Marder II are now special tanks. And there are no derp guns on those tiers anymore. So Hetzer and Alecto lost theirs. So did the M4 and KV-1. Derps are now tier 6 and up only. 

They also removed all the low tier premiums from tier 4 and down for sale. So my S35 there is now a "special tank". And tbh.. I'm not to sure WG needs to be this drastic on PC on everything. Tho 75% crew should be free here too. Retraining can still cost 20K later etc. But I don't see the point of a 50% crew. 

View PostQnubis, on 05 December 2018 - 11:59 AM, said:

The first training in Regimental School to the level of 75% is now free. Subsequently, a normal fee will be charged.

Thing is that Blitz doesn't have a new player tutorial that rewards new crew etc. WOT PC does. Any new account now has new missions. One of them that gives one free 100% crew on any tank you want at any time. But that's it. They also get 100% crew on the tier 1 ofc. But there is a crew rework coming. So how that affects anything remains to be seen. 

That and at least WOT PC has a new player mission that rewards camo net, free XP, a few 100K silver etc. So new player at least have it a bit easier vs when I did start. 

Edited by Balc0ra, 05 December 2018 - 01:10 PM.

Stig_Stigma #6 Posted 05 December 2018 - 02:13 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 10619 battles

View PostDiscontinued, on 05 December 2018 - 01:07 PM, said:

The trouble with that, is many people would simply make new accounts, especially scrubs like me to continue in their clubbing activities.

There would also be the issue of compensation for older players and it would act as a disincentive to climb the tiers, which may actually be a good thing?

Also good on Mr Quicky for doing such a thing but he is an experienced player so "starting again as F2P " is only of limited value as he will smash his way through the tiers in no time at all and will in fact be "seal clubbing".

This is true. So to his observations we should add a few other levels of difficulty for new and freetoplay players. 

LethalWalou #7 Posted 05 December 2018 - 03:45 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 26304 battles
Unfortunately that is only one of the couple positive ideas he has come up with the experiment, along with the suggestion that lower tiers should get free equipment. Other than that he is complaining about things incorrectly, about there not being any help or tutorial for new players. The fact is that he isn't even trying to look for them, or like with the campaign tutorial, it took him 2 seconds to click away from it and then later claim that there is no tutorial for campaign missions... Someone really needs to sit down with him and go through the list before he presents it to the devs as he will be just laughed at about almost everything on it.

Noo_Noo #8 Posted 05 December 2018 - 03:56 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 21939 battles
I've been trying to watch this over the last couple of weeks etc. I believe it is the best streams that QB has done because it relates directly to more players.

He makes many good points especially the seal clubbers that return to tier 3 etc. with 3-4 skilled crews to either farm credits or increase their WR. Since his stream I've started the Italian line as a F2P player and seen the seal clubbers at first hand. Some of which play nothing else but low tier games firing full premium. For example I came across one person going full premium in a M2 Light. They had played 15000 games. 12000 of which were in the M2. They hadn't ventured beyond tier 5 from memory. 

Now while people have a perfect right to do that it will certainly create some crazy confusion for new players who know very little about the game and how it works etc.

wsatnutter #9 Posted 05 December 2018 - 04:01 PM

General

• Beta Tester
  • 25373 battles
  • [WSAT] WSAT

life in general is hard is it not? its like school sports day no one is allowed to win in case little Johnny has a spasm ,well get over it little Johnny we all had 50% crews and it does not take long to get them up to speed, I've never been a QB fan

as I find him a devious streamer, but hey that's me.

so no I play low tiers now and again for the lolz

so 100% disagree with the idea

Man up ,mount up and ride out Johhny

Noo_Noo #10 Posted 05 December 2018 - 04:17 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 21939 battles

View Postwsatnutter, on 05 December 2018 - 04:01 PM, said:

life in general is hard is it not? its like school sports day no one is allowed to win in case little Johnny has a spasm ,well get over it little Johnny we all had 50% crews and it does not take long to get them up to speed, I've never been a QB fan

as I find him a devious streamer, but hey that's me.

so no I play low tiers now and again for the lolz

so 100% disagree with the idea

Man up ,mount up and ride out Johhny

The whole point is getting more people into the game not asking existing players to "man up". The player numbers are 20% down in the last year. 

Edited by Noo_Noo, 06 December 2018 - 02:32 PM.

NoobySkooby #11 Posted 06 December 2018 - 03:42 AM

Colonel

• Player
  • 15009 battles

I think I would rather kill myself than have to do it all over again

Noo_Noo #12 Posted 06 December 2018 - 03:16 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 21939 battles

I dont see what a new account achieves. Your crews will be back to square 1 which levels the playing field a bit. OK you have game and map knowledge but at least your vehicles and crews are at the right level. I think its the fact that you see people with 3 skilled crews just running riot at low tiers to inflate their WR. Their choice but I think they're probably better (for the game's sake) doing that at tier 5 and 6. Well that's the argument anyway

Edited by Noo_Noo, 06 December 2018 - 03:17 PM.

Cuck0osNest #13 Posted 06 December 2018 - 03:26 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 10341 battles
  • [YGDRA] YGDRA

in first he was putting pay to win rating in hes stream name, now he is playing Teresa mother :teethhappy: cool story.

Only one and first who suggested 5 years ago 100% crew for 1st tiers was me in ru forums and it was realised.

Edited by Cuck0osNest, 07 December 2018 - 03:30 PM.

Bordhaw #14 Posted 06 December 2018 - 09:20 PM

Major

• Player
  • 11966 battles

View PostStig_Stigma, on 05 December 2018 - 01:13 PM, said:

This is true. So to his observations we should add a few other levels of difficulty for new and freetoplay players. 

NUKLEAR_SLUG #15 Posted 07 December 2018 - 07:30 AM

Major

• Player
  • 30520 battles

View PostLethalWalou, on 05 December 2018 - 03:45 PM, said:

Unfortunately that is only one of the couple positive ideas he has come up with the experiment, along with the suggestion that lower tiers should get free equipment. Other than that he is complaining about things incorrectly, about there not being any help or tutorial for new players. The fact is that he isn't even trying to look for them, or like with the campaign tutorial, it took him 2 seconds to click away from it and then later claim that there is no tutorial for campaign missions... Someone really needs to sit down with him and go through the list before he presents it to the devs as he will be just laughed at about almost everything on it.

Yeah, he does have somewhat of a habit of failing to read things properly, completely misunderstanding it exactly because he didn't read it properly, but assuming that he knows what he's talking about anyway and going off on a rant about whatever and getting the point completely wrong.

Tipperty #16 Posted 07 December 2018 - 07:50 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 20156 battles

I think people are over thinking how much influence Quickybaby has at WG. I think a few of you will remember the community contributing meeting WG had with certain streamers and youtubers a few years back, practically everything the contributors said went largely ignored by WG. I think the only thing that has changed was the bundled premium tanks come with a bare minimum option and that is about it. I would have to re-watch the video again to remember all the points that were raised and ignored!

This is jingles video of it 

https://www.youtube....h?v=6J0Rk_X2E20

wsatnutter #17 Posted 07 December 2018 - 08:02 AM

General

• Beta Tester
  • 25373 battles
  • [WSAT] WSAT

View PostTipperty, on 07 December 2018 - 06:50 AM, said:

I think people are over thinking how much influence Quickybaby has at WG. I think a few of you will remember the community contributing meeting WG had with certain streamers and youtubers a few years back, practically everything the contributors said went largely ignored by WG. I think the only thing that has changed was the bundled premium tanks come with a bare minimum option and that is about it. I would have to re-watch the video again to remember all the points that were raised and ignored!

This is jingles video of it

https://www.youtube....h?v=6J0Rk_X2E20

in the years in playing this game that episode maddened me. I've never seen such simpering in all my life, what a collection of yes men

Discontinued #18 Posted 07 December 2018 - 12:07 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 1672 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View PostNoo_Noo, on 06 December 2018 - 03:16 PM, said:

I dont see what a new account achieves. Your crews will be back to square 1 which levels the playing field a bit. OK you have game and map knowledge but at least your vehicles and crews are at the right level. I think its the fact that you see people with 3 skilled crews just running riot at low tiers to inflate their WR. Their choice but I think they're probably better (for the game's sake) doing that at tier 5 and 6. Well that's the argument anyway

Stats, that's what a new account achieves,

Also you do get quite a lot of goodies with a new account such as gold and a tier 6 tank token for a "free to play" player or a youngster who has no credit card this can be appealing,

Also entering an invite code gives a decent bundle of gold and premium time (10 days)along with an Excelsior, so for someone with a low battle count who is a complete tightwad and stat-padding reroller its pretty appealing 

I re awoke this long dead account for such a purpose, did the training got a tier 6 via the token and free exp'd my way back to tier 9 

Edited by Discontinued, 07 December 2018 - 12:07 PM.

skero #19 Posted 07 December 2018 - 08:53 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 26566 battles
  • [UNI_C] UNI_C

Doesn´t matter that some players will create new accounts (seems so lame to me, those must be great characters in RL if they killing low tier newbies rerolling their accounts, such fun). Fact is that really new players won´t have cr*p crew from the start and whole handling of the tanks will be better for them.

Compensation? This game needs a lot of changes, something is outdated. Why compensation? Rules are made by WG. World of Warcraft made leveling for babies and I don´t think they compensate anything or? This is not like they remove your tank. Totally stupid idea that they should compensate you for this.

If you saw his stream.. He was struggeling himself with those stock low tiers. So I can´t imagine how frustrating this muse be for new player.

trefferlage #20 Posted 07 December 2018 - 11:11 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 3714 battles

View PostQnubis, on 05 December 2018 - 10:59 AM, said:

But in the wrong game, I don't know if you guys are following any community development on Twitch. But there, quickybaby plays a f2p account to see how it's like for new players, in addition he complained about the fact that seal clubbers are ruining the new player experience and thus make the game lose players/appeal. As such he suggested that baby seals should at least be armed to fight back. One of his suggestions was to give all players a 100% crew for lower Tiers and then 75% for free to everyone after Tier 5. He concluded that 50% should basically be removed from the game because it is absolutely unplayable to play the game that way.

Today I wake up and check WoT Blitz patchnotes:

• Now, all vehicles up to Tier V inclusive will always come with 100% crew mastery.
  • The first training in Regimental School to the level of 75% is now free. Subsequently, a normal fee will be charged.

I hope this is just a test run for WG and they will actually implement similar things to PC (there are many things in Blitz that I think are handled better, for example Premium ammo), let's face it the game is losing players a lot, I think quicky mentioned a 20% drop from last year and that is alarming.

OK, so even if it would be implemented in WoT " PC... a Newcomer with 100% Crew  no experience, stock tank, no extras, no skills, no cacao special Food shitwill not have a single Chance against those Purple stat padders, who laugh to death to sluaghter the newbees in t1-teverything :-) that was Always a Problem of WoT.. but in former times there had been enough Newcomers, so the game was not suffering.. NOW it is, playerbase shrinking, NA Server almost dead at normal times, People Play there only because of a bunch of Goodies... give the newbees a safezone till t5... let it be pve games, which allows to get skills trained aso.. and then, if they are Ready, they can leave this Zone … i can t understand why so many so called unicums Need to Smash newbees lol.. sorry...

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users