Gameplay ruined with the marathon

• Please log in to reply
71 replies to this topic

Simeon85 #41 Posted 06 December 2018 - 10:48 AM

Colonel

• Player
  • 1097 battles

No rigging but have to agree that gameplay in this marathon is horrible, terrible terrible players everywhere, doing awfully, and the amount of blocking, team damage etc. I feel has also gone up.

Especially at tier 10, there are so many players on tier 10 right now that literally have no clue what they are doing and I do not understand why they have chosen to do this as they have no hope of meeting the requirements. 

As a platoon mate said, tier 10 looks like tier 5 right now. 

skero #42 Posted 06 December 2018 - 12:31 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 26779 battles
  • [UNI_C] UNI_C
Terrible players but also very good players so very often matches are long and very boring.

DuncaN_101 #43 Posted 06 December 2018 - 12:47 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 53856 battles
  • [-B-C-] -B-C-
It's a marathon... Nuff said.
Going to be glad when December is over and reasonably normal play is resumed

Steve8066 #44 Posted 06 December 2018 - 12:58 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 12967 battles

View PostDuncaN_101, on 06 December 2018 - 12:47 PM, said:

It's a marathon... Nuff said.
Going to be glad when December is over and reasonably normal play is resumed

it wont get better because this will be followed by another event and then yet another event. WG need as we say over here, bums on seats, players playing the game, and they seem to think these kinds of things will compensate for ignoring broken gameplay/issues that have been around for months.The thing is, it only works for so long.

dtdp #45 Posted 06 December 2018 - 01:01 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 30360 battles
why would you chose to play tier 10 for this event, if your mission is to > 850xp, that is only for 4-6 players in the winning team in tier 12 battle, it is even worse when the requirement is high caliber medal, only one of 30 players can get it in tier 12 battles, that you will be playing half of the time, high competition to score >6k damage, so one have to hope for tier 10 battle to do this mission... 

DaMP13R #46 Posted 06 December 2018 - 01:03 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 40760 battles

View PostSimeon85, on 06 December 2018 - 09:48 AM, said:

No rigging but have to agree that gameplay in this marathon is horrible, terrible terrible players everywhere, doing awfully, and the amount of blocking, team damage etc. I feel has also gone up.

Especially at tier 10, there are so many players on tier 10 right now that literally have no clue what they are doing and I do not understand why they have chosen to do this as they have no hope of meeting the requirements

This is exactly my thinking, X has turned into a zoo. 

I mean seriously... a sick percentage of these people have no chance of getting 1 high caliber in X.. nvm multiple. :facepalm:

Archaean #47 Posted 06 December 2018 - 01:33 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 15772 battles
  • [S4LT] S4LT

View Posteekeeboo, on 05 December 2018 - 08:19 PM, said:

It's a shame you're not having much luck with the Su130 marathon, I suggest you take a small break for perspective, as there is no "rigging" against you and WG isn't against you, just lady luck and RNGebus. I wish you luck in your future games and soon you will have that 20 win-streak! 

To put it in different words. Not WG rigged them, it's just that their lives were rigged from the beginning? - Yes?!

kaneloon #48 Posted 06 December 2018 - 02:30 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 28753 battles
  • [OBLIC] OBLIC

I stopped playing this marathon as soon as I understood I would just be a HP piñata for gold ammo spammers ... no thank you.

See you in another time, have fun guys !

try_not_to_be_Cliche #49 Posted 06 December 2018 - 02:52 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 11661 battles
  • [KNTC] KNTC

View PostStillNoName, on 06 December 2018 - 12:03 PM, said:

This is exactly my thinking, X has turned into a zoo. 

I mean seriously... a sick percentage of these people have no chance of getting 1 high caliber in X.. nvm multiple. :facepalm:

You see it wrong. All those "bad" players make it much more easy for the good players. A lot of easy to shoot tanks. 
On the other hand, to harvest in tier X you need a tier X tank and you can not buy that of grind it quickly just for this mission unless you are very good. And if that is the case it becomes an other story.

So the good players will score more and more easy by lack of competition. 
Or the complainers are now doing bad because there are now more better players around, so more competition.

My experience: Tier 5/6/7 more arti and rather good arti.  In my tier 5 (grinding the T1 heavy to the M6) I'm often bottom tear but besides the arti-pest I have a great time. 

In my tier 7 I most often top tear.

In my tier 8 I do not notice a difference  

I only played a few tier X battles this week and I had more fun as usual.

So I do not know what this fuzz is all about. 

Edited by try_not_to_be_Cliche, 06 December 2018 - 02:52 PM.

Simeon85 #50 Posted 06 December 2018 - 03:16 PM

Colonel

• Player
  • 1097 battles

View Posttry_not_to_be_Cliche, on 06 December 2018 - 02:52 PM, said:

You see it wrong. All those "bad" players make it much more easy for the good players. 

They don't because they all die in minutes, it's very difficult to have a good game if your team is already 5-6 tanks down before you have fired like 3 shots. Same if they are on the other team, it just means everyone gets damage and you are just chasing damage and XP. 

Good players usually need time to turn games around, teams that fold in 3 minutes don't give you that time. 

It is a level of incompetence I have seen is staggering. As I said in another thread you have players with like 45-47% overall win rates playing tier 10 tanks they have no clue how to use because they never play them, these guys pull like 40% win rates in those tanks and do like less than 1k average in them, and tier 10 is literally flooded with these sort of players.

They also either camp hard or they yolo die in about 1 minute. 

Long_Range_Sniper #51 Posted 06 December 2018 - 03:49 PM

General

• Player
  • 33613 battles
  • [-MM] -MM

View PostSimeon85, on 06 December 2018 - 09:48 AM, said:

Clearly a padder with recent knowledge of tier 5. I bet he just tagged along to try and get you into a KV-220 toon,

What we have at the moment is WG dangling a carrot. 

“If you don’t have the time to grind this huge amount of XP, then ALL you have to do is a few things at tier X”

They then sweetened the carrot by giving many players millions of credits as anniversary presents.

The difference in how similar tanks are performing at tier 9 to tier 10 is interesting for me, and I’m not fan of slow armoured tanks.

eekeeboo #52 Posted 06 December 2018 - 04:46 PM

English Community Manager

• WG Staff
  • 45627 battles
  • [-DFA-] -DFA-

View PostVarzA, on 05 December 2018 - 07:53 PM, said:

Technically, not true ...

Small break = even lower stage count at the end, more money to WG, so what his problem right now is that he can't afford to take a break

No 'rigging' = the entire marathon is setup so that the player has much much less probability of grinding through it, and achieving a lower stage than normal, while also trying to get the inactive players to grind through it, and eventually cave in and buy it. WG has this policy where if you play a tank that is brand new, you get slightly preferential MM, with them flooding the MM (and probably receiving some MM help from WG for returning players, i assume this also exists), depending on what tier he plays, the game could very well be 'rigged', though not directly against him

20 win streak = the unicorn i'm searching for

So yeah, one can argue, but his perception kinda mirrors what happens right now ... if you try to xp grind, you feel the entire game is rigged, everyone frustrated, tons of tk's, WG does nothing. If you are unicum, great.

No small break = should be taken by any gamer to stretch your legs for the good of your health, both physical and mental and prevents things like DVT. Sometimes there are more important things to consider. 

View PostNoobySkooby, on 05 December 2018 - 08:23 PM, said:

Oh man you are so inspiring, wish lady luck would visit me:trollface:

:honoring: It can happen! I've seen it, rarely but it happens :D 

View PostHundeWurst, on 05 December 2018 - 08:27 PM, said:

What is this? So WG decided to readopt their abandond child - the forums?

Is this the feeling of the warm love of a mother?

never abandoned the forums! I remember you from the days when i hung out more for the WGL, of course long vacancy to be around WoWP but i intend to be as active as I can here :honoring:

View PostNishi_Kinuyo, on 05 December 2018 - 08:28 PM, said:

Oh, a wild Eekee appeared.

Now, where did I see one before.

BEHIND you! ?:hiding:

15:47 Added after 1 minute

View PostArchaean, on 06 December 2018 - 12:33 PM, said:

To put it in different words. Not WG rigged them, it's just that their lives were rigged from the beginning? - Yes?!

Things like confirmation bias and noticing a drastic shift in player behaviour and battle actions that always happens with events like these and any that happen with an influx of new or players who haven't played in a while.

DeadLecter #53 Posted 06 December 2018 - 05:28 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 25129 battles

View PostStrappster, on 06 December 2018 - 12:31 AM, said:

When you play your first battle in a new tank, regular or premium, the match-maker will try to give you top tier. You might get a battle with all tanks the same tier (common with tier 8) or if there aren't enough tanks in the queue to give you top tier, that's abandoned in favour of getting you into a battle sooner rather than later (common if playing late at night, for example).

Say that to my Tiger II which got full T8 MM first match and been in consecutive T10 ever since

Strappster #54 Posted 06 December 2018 - 05:42 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 25711 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View PostDeadLecter, on 06 December 2018 - 04:28 PM, said:

Say that to my Tiger II which got full T8 MM first match and been in consecutive T10 ever since

So you were top tier in your first battle with the tank. I shall also direct you to the following sentence of the post you quoted, to wit ...

View PostStrappster, on 05 December 2018 - 09:01 PM, said:

You might get a battle with all tanks the same tier (common with tier 8) or if there aren't enough tanks in the queue to give you top tier, that's abandoned in favour of getting you into a battle sooner rather than later (common if playing late at night, for example).

How loud do I need to shout for your Tiger II to understand it?

Your experience confirms that only the first battle is top tier; the rest being tier 10 confirms that the match-maker is working as described (and we're all aware of the issues with 3/5/7, particularly as it applies to tier 8).

NoobySkooby #55 Posted 06 December 2018 - 05:55 PM

Colonel

• Player
  • 15180 battles

View PostSimeon85, on 06 December 2018 - 03:16 PM, said:

They don't because they all die in minutes, it's very difficult to have a good game if your team is already 5-6 tanks down before you have fired like 3 shots. Same if they are on the other team, it just means everyone gets damage and you are just chasing damage and XP. 

Good players usually need time to turn games around, teams that fold in 3 minutes don't give you that time. 

It is a level of incompetence I have seen is staggering. As I said in another thread you have players with like 45-47% overall win rates playing tier 10 tanks they have no clue how to use because they never play them, these guys pull like 40% win rates in those tanks and do like less than 1k average in them, and tier 10 is literally flooded with these sort of players.

They also either camp hard or they yolo die in about 1 minute. 

These sort of players...

Lol you sound like a Tory complaining about the homeless.

DeadLecter #56 Posted 06 December 2018 - 06:06 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 25129 battles

View PostStrappster, on 06 December 2018 - 08:12 PM, said:

So you were top tier in your first battle with the tank. I shall also direct you to the following sentence of the post you quoted, to wit ...

How loud do I need to shout for your Tiger II to understand it?

Your experience confirms that only the first battle is top tier; the rest being tier 10 confirms that the match-maker is working as described (and we're all aware of the issues with 3/5/7, particularly as it applies to tier 8).

Actually this is my experience with T8 heavies. They keep getting T10 MM back to back while T8 meds and scouts get way better MM. When I buy a T8 Med or scout I get way more T8 T9 and top tier MM. With T8 heavies MM thinks I deserve only T10. 

LethalWalou #57 Posted 06 December 2018 - 06:11 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 26447 battles

View PostDeadLecter, on 06 December 2018 - 04:28 PM, said:

A tip for future. If you're sitting in the queue for a long time when queuing up for your first battle, exit the queue and enter it again. At 40s mark the MM will throw away all the preferences regarding maps, game mode and that sorts and will put you into the first possible match it finds. I found this to be full tier 8 matches. So, exit the queue before hitting the 40s mark and re-enter. You should get better chances to meet lower tiers for the first match. Of course after that's the MM will be same as it normally is.

eekeeboo #58 Posted 06 December 2018 - 08:20 PM

English Community Manager

• WG Staff
  • 45627 battles
  • [-DFA-] -DFA-

View Postgungang, on 05 December 2018 - 10:50 PM, said:

If it was a joke it would have started with "knock knock"! 

View PostT3ddyBear, on 06 December 2018 - 09:35 AM, said:

Nope, no rigging, but you have ruined tier8 MM again, nothing but 3/5/7 games at tier10, brilliant.

So many tier10's running around it's impossible to enjoy the tier8 grind, and yes I "could take a break until the event finishes" but will you refund my days of premium time whilst I sit it out? Of course you won't. 

Not every complaint is a "whine", people like me have paid for premium time, and the WG decision to make the event tier10 only for the mastery elements has broken the MM for the duration, a little more thought next time eh?

TB.

Paying for premium is good and it is, of course, a preferred thing. On the other hand not every answer is "counter-whine". But when you begin to legitimately feel the game is out to get you/against you, it is time for perspective. There's a difference between watching a movie, getting a cup of tea and having a break and taking a "holiday". 

You are not forced into "tier 10 only" I am obliged to highlight you can complete missions at other tiers. 

Kicky92 #59 Posted 06 December 2018 - 08:59 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 14695 battles
  • [EMRYS] EMRYS

It does seem the gameplay (not mm) has gone down hill in a fairly bad way. Last night I had lots of half dead teams in the first 3/4 mins :/ 

Im taking a break from it today and just watching twitch. 

Maybe next time cap the marathons to tier 7 or 8+ so I can drop down tiers and still have 'normal' gameplay....

Another thing you could do is have the player either accept or decline the marathon, and team them up with people doing the same.

250swb #60 Posted 06 December 2018 - 10:31 PM

Major General

• Player
  • 23160 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View PostKicky92, on 06 December 2018 - 07:59 PM, said:

It does seem the gameplay (not mm) has gone down hill in a fairly bad way. Last night I had lots of half dead teams in the first 3/4 mins :/ 

Im taking a break from it today and just watching twitch. 

Maybe next time cap the marathons to tier 7 or 8+ so I can drop down tiers and still have 'normal' gameplay....

Another thing you could do is have the player either accept or decline the marathon, and team them up with people doing the same.

Not a bad idea to be able to decline playing with people doing the marathon. Even if you're not interested in it you are drawn into the consequences of it by default, and WG would at least see the level of apathy for them generally. What about a 'third' combined EU1 and EU2 server for players who just want to play the vanilla game and not be buggered about with by WG's misguided ideas for attracting loot whores? 

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users