Why is it not forbidden to install all kinds of mods?

chiters mod mods

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

fullmens #1 Posted 05 December 2018 - 09:09 PM

Private

• Player
  • 28616 battles
  • [LVTD] LVTD

Why is it not forbidden to install all kinds of mods? Very disgusting game, because 95% of players play with banned mods.

why in other games there is a normal control of dishonest players? With changed or additional files, the game will not be able to run at all !!!

I do not want to spend money on such a rogue game!

Answer specifically, when can not no one else will be able to install additional mods?

At one point the game will be empty of unscrupulous players?

RaJCeL #2 Posted 05 December 2018 - 09:59 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 23274 battles

View Postfullmens, on 05 December 2018 - 09:09 PM, said:

95% of players play with banned mods.

Any proof for this statistic? Or just blaming, shaming and crying?

Leadfire #3 Posted 05 December 2018 - 10:27 PM

Corporal

• Beta Tester
  • 7767 battles

View Postfullmens, on 05 December 2018 - 08:09 PM, said:

Why is it not forbidden to install all kinds of mods? Very disgusting game, because 95% of players play with banned mods.

Errrr no, that 95% figure is something you pulled out of your hoop.

Please tell us what banned mods you think are in game and how they affect your gameplay.

wsatnutter #4 Posted 05 December 2018 - 10:41 PM

Lieutenant General

• Beta Tester
  • 25360 battles
  • [WSAT] WSAT

View Postfullmens, on 05 December 2018 - 08:09 PM, said:

why in other games there is a normal control of dishonest players? With changed or additional files, the game will not be able to run at all !!!

Answer specifically, when can not no one else will be able to install additional mods?

everyone to the foil men shape those hats OP are you deluded?

Gremlin182 #5 Posted 05 December 2018 - 11:02 PM

General

• Player
  • 49548 battles
We don't have a huge problem will illegal mods we have a problem with paranoia, ie players utterly convinced something is true without any evidence.

HolgerDK #6 Posted 08 December 2018 - 02:06 PM

Sergeant

• Beta Tester
  • 27422 battles

You literally dont know what you are talking about. Not even the slightest hint of a clue.

Orkbert #7 Posted 08 December 2018 - 02:56 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 25866 battles

Then why did you buy so many premium tanks?

Zirakss #8 Posted Yesterday, 03:41 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 16135 battles
  • [C__G] C__G

It's simple: Most mods are not illegal. And Wargaming likes mods a lot, as they are implementing the best ideas into the standard user interface. Just take a look at an old client replay on youtube and then compare it with the modern vanilla client. This game has evolved a lot over the years and got lots of great ideas in form of mods from the community implemented.

But back to your topic. Yes, there are some illegal mods. We are speaking about things like this:

• laserpointer from the enemies guns
  • displaying the old silhouette of a tank, which is now unspotted
  • displaying the silhouette of a tank without putting the crosshair on the tank
  • advanced aimbots with weaksport targeting and taking a lead
  • semitransperent skins with highlighted modules
  • reload counters for enemy tanks
  • marking of destroyed object on the minimap
  • marking of tracers and position of artillery
  • automatic scripts for things like making a manual fire extingisher work like an advanced one
  • elavating the gun of an artillery per cheat into a very steep angle, to shoot things behind rocks or buildings

And yes .... Wargaming has a very keen eye on the mod scene. There is a very realistic chance to get banned, when using forbidden mods.

How do I know all this? I had once a weird network problem, which let me spot tanks very late: You take a small peak around a corner and there are no tanks. Then you drive around that corner and your tank simply explodes. Looking at the smoking wreck of your tank, half of the enemy team gets finally rendered, just standing there, preaimed at that corner. As it turned out later, I had some hard paket losses and weird lag spikes. But at that moment, I was damn sure there must me some cheats involved. So I started to investigate.

Did I see active use of forbidden mods like those I listed? Yes I did! But very, very rarely. Most things could be explained by simple skill and good use of the spottings system. That beast I did not understand fully, when I used google and yandex to do my research years ago.

So, before you accuse 95% of all players of cheating, please consider the option, there are some very good players around. And sometimes folks just have luck.

Also tagged with chiters, mod, mods

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users