Jump to content


Get Ready for Holiday Ops 2019


  • Please log in to reply
255 replies to this topic

thetoughcookie #141 Posted 07 December 2018 - 06:48 PM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 48376 battles
  • 507
  • [VIVID] VIVID
  • Member since:
    05-08-2015
Could you ad longer premium times too to lootboxes? Like 180 days and so, please.

Igor_BL #142 Posted 07 December 2018 - 07:40 PM

    Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 42337 battles
  • 1,558
  • Member since:
    06-10-2015

View Postfighting_falcon93, on 07 December 2018 - 03:28 AM, said:

View PostIgor_BL, on 06 December 2018 - 09:42 PM, said:

what exatcly bothers you with the fact you get female crew?

names, voices...

 

It's not so difficult to guess, is it? Female crew members comes with different avatar pictures and different crew voices. Like with all customization, some players like it, some players don't like it. For me personally, I think it ruins the games atmosphere, and I doubt that I'm the only one. That doesn't mean that I have anything against women, I just don't think it suits into the game.

 

View PostIgor_BL, on 06 December 2018 - 09:42 PM, said:

Personally, I wouldnt allow that change.

 

Why not? Why do you feel the need to dictate what other players wants to see and hear when playing the game? If you want to have female crew members, no one has stopped you from still recruiting female crew members. The only difference would be that players would be presented with a choice.

 

View Posteekeeboo, on 06 December 2018 - 08:02 PM, said:

I can only promise I'll put it in the feedback, after that.... I'm sure you know how it goes :) 

 

Thank you eekeeboo :great:

 

I don't get Igor_BL's way of thinking here. Bascially he wants to restrict players from customizing their own game experience, even though that wouldn't affect him negatively in any way at all. I think we both can agree that giving players more customization options is a good thing.

 

It is my opinion. I wouldn't allow that. Simply as that.
Can you explain me what bothers you with female crew members?



fighting_falcon93 #143 Posted 07 December 2018 - 09:06 PM

    Brigadier

  • Player
  • 32560 battles
  • 4,393
  • Member since:
    02-05-2013

View PostIgor_BL, on 07 December 2018 - 07:40 PM, said:

It is my opinion. I wouldn't allow that. Simply as that.

 

So you just have random opinions? Or do you base your opinions on different conclusions? If yes, then can you please explain what would be so horrible with allowing each and every player to decide for themselves what they want to see and hear when they play the game?

 

View PostIgor_BL, on 07 December 2018 - 07:40 PM, said:

Can you explain me what bothers you with female crew members?

 

I already did in post #104. Female crew members have female avatar pictures and female voices. I don't have anything against women, I just prefer to hear male voices when playing an action game about tanks. For me, it ruins the games atmosphere, both the cinematic feeling, but also the realistic feeling. However, I respect that not everyone feels this way, and that's why I want to give all players a choice.



Innapropriate_Username #144 Posted 08 December 2018 - 03:14 AM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 12869 battles
  • 805
  • Member since:
    12-12-2015

View Postfighting_falcon93, on 07 December 2018 - 09:06 PM, said:

 

I already did in post #104. Female crew members have female avatar pictures and female voices. I don't have anything against women, I just prefer to hear male voices when playing an action game about tanks. For me, it ruins the games atmosphere, both the cinematic feeling, but also the realistic feeling. However, I respect that not everyone feels this way, and that's why I want to give all players a choice.

 

One choice we do not have is if we want to hear Male / Female voices in "Default" English.

 

So, if you want to hear Female voices, you MUST listen to them in chinese/french/etc...  

 

That is one thing WG could fix and give us option to choose.

 



Miepie #145 Posted 08 December 2018 - 04:10 AM

    Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 5395 battles
  • 1,639
  • [WJDE] WJDE
  • Member since:
    05-19-2018

View PostInnapropriate_Username, on 08 December 2018 - 03:14 AM, said:

 

One choice we do not have is if we want to hear Male / Female voices in "Default" English.

 

So, if you want to hear Female voices, you MUST listen to them in chinese/french/etc...  

 

That is one thing WG could fix and give us option to choose.

 

 

I agree with that; with all the stuff happening on my screen (and my lack of experience) the voice informs of stuff are quite important to me. I had the "native voices" thing on for a bit, but turned it off again because I had no idea what they were trying to tell me in most cases [1].

Now that I actually have female commanders (and hopefully more after the Christmas event), it's... a bit... odd. I generally like females with dark, husky voices (like Lust, from Full Metal Alchemist! Rowrrrrrrrr!), but the generic male voice is not really suited.

 

Just hire a voice actress for a few hours (the actual number of lines they have to say is quite limited, really) and implement that! :great:

 

[1] I speak Dutch, English, German, French and Italian (but at that time I wasn't playing French or Italian tanks); Spanish and Romanian I can understand (but they have no tanks in the game - yet. WG, add a Romanian tech tree! They will mostly be German and Czech knock-offs and modifications to Soviet and French frames, so that should be doable!). But Russian, Polish and Chinese... Not yet.



Innapropriate_Username #146 Posted 08 December 2018 - 05:30 AM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 12869 battles
  • 805
  • Member since:
    12-12-2015

 

View PostMiepie, on 08 December 2018 - 04:10 AM, said:

 

I agree with that; with all the stuff happening on my screen (and my lack of experience) the voice informs of stuff are quite important to me. I had the "native voices" thing on for a bit, but turned it off again because I had no idea what they were trying to tell me in most cases [1].

Now that I actually have female commanders (and hopefully more after the Christmas event), it's... a bit... odd. I generally like females with dark, husky voices (like Lust, from Full Metal Alchemist! Rowrrrrrrrr!), but the generic male voice is not really suited.

 

Just hire a voice actress for a few hours (the actual number of lines they have to say is quite limited, really) and implement that! :great:

 

[1] I speak Dutch, English, German, French and Italian (but at that time I wasn't playing French or Italian tanks); Spanish and Romanian I can understand (but they have no tanks in the game - yet. WG, add a Romanian tech tree! They will mostly be German and Czech knock-offs and modifications to Soviet and French frames, so that should be doable!). But Russian, Polish and Chinese... Not yet.

 

 

It would be 10min job for them to add single [x] check box to the ingame menu... but naah,...

They gave the option of game Modz so you can create your own custom voice notifications with what ever your fantasy desires, but that is what I always wanted, to pay money for a Game, and have to work on it too.

 

 



Miepie #147 Posted 08 December 2018 - 05:38 AM

    Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 5395 battles
  • 1,639
  • [WJDE] WJDE
  • Member since:
    05-19-2018

View PostInnapropriate_Username, on 08 December 2018 - 05:30 AM, said:

 

 

 

It would be 10min job for them to add single [x] check box to the ingame menu... but naah,...

They gave the option of game Modz so you can create your own custom voice notifications with what ever your fantasy desires, but that is what I always wanted, to pay money for a Game, and have to work on it too.

 

 

 

They should add a functionality: my loaders are consistently "buying farms", it seems. With all the farms my loaders bought, foodstuffs for my crews should be cheaper! :teethhappy:

RSAC #148 Posted 08 December 2018 - 12:46 PM

    Corporal

  • Player
  • 13617 battles
  • 110
  • [MUSS] MUSS
  • Member since:
    05-26-2013
They could have done the perfect Holidays-Ops, but once again they had to ruin it with the styles... Why make it Tier 10 and Tier 8 Premium only?! The fire-works style on the KV-2 would look like the ultimate fun factor!

AzoreanOutkast #149 Posted 08 December 2018 - 12:50 PM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 11685 battles
  • 664
  • Member since:
    08-05-2013

View PostRSAC, on 08 December 2018 - 10:46 AM, said:

They could have done the perfect Holidays-Ops, but once again they had to ruin it with the styles... Why make it Tier 10 and Tier 8 Premium only?! The fire-works style on the KV-2 would look like the ultimate fun factor!

 

Easy to explain if u think about it...

 

Its all a "strategy" to make ppl spend more:

 

Tier 10 - to get there u need to grind if u aint got one, u need XP, u need credits, u spam gold ammo, so u need to buy gold, boosters, convert experience from other tanks... 

Tier 8 - They have the advent calendar full with premium tanks, most of tier 8, this way they are trying to make ppl buy them...

 

Off course with the overpriced bundles, the bad tanks that have come up, with the horrible MM we got and other factors, and alienating all other tiers and players out there, doesnt look like its the smartest move, but im sure that for WG personel it seens so, will wait and see at the end of the year if they were correct or us.



Joggaman #150 Posted 09 December 2018 - 02:06 AM

    Lieutenant General

  • Player
  • 25549 battles
  • 7,060
  • [WJDE] WJDE
  • Member since:
    05-23-2011
Looking forward to this event! This way I can celebrate Christmas without leaving my computer!. Win win!

Edited by Joggaman, 09 December 2018 - 02:13 AM.


eekeeboo #151 Posted 10 December 2018 - 05:53 PM

    EU Video Content Manager

  • WG Staff
  • 49386 battles
  • 2,577
  • [CSA] CSA
  • Member since:
    07-25-2010

View PostJoggaman, on 09 December 2018 - 01:06 AM, said:

Looking forward to this event! This way I can celebrate Christmas without leaving my computer!. Win win!

 

Wait.... there are other ways to celebrate?!

wsatnutter #152 Posted 11 December 2018 - 04:14 PM

    General

  • Beta Tester
  • 26841 battles
  • 9,722
  • [WSAT] WSAT
  • Member since:
    08-25-2010
love it love it love it

Homer_J #153 Posted 11 December 2018 - 04:22 PM

    Field Marshal

  • Moderator
  • 33364 battles
  • 37,023
  • [WJDE] WJDE
  • Member since:
    09-03-2010

View PostRSAC, on 08 December 2018 - 11:46 AM, said:

They could have done the perfect Holidays-Ops, but once again they had to ruin it with the styles... Why make it Tier 10 and Tier 8 Premium only?! The fire-works style on the KV-2 would look like the ultimate fun factor!

That's all they have been created for so far.  Possibly in future they will be available for more.

 

View Posteekeeboo, on 10 December 2018 - 04:53 PM, said:

 

Wait.... there are other ways to celebrate?!

Apparently, according to my wife.

 

Usually I would just go to work but this year I get the day off. :unsure:



eekeeboo #154 Posted 11 December 2018 - 06:02 PM

    EU Video Content Manager

  • WG Staff
  • 49386 battles
  • 2,577
  • [CSA] CSA
  • Member since:
    07-25-2010

View PostHomer_J, on 11 December 2018 - 03:22 PM, said:

That's all they have been created for so far.  Possibly in future they will be available for more.

 

Apparently, according to my wife.

 

Usually I would just go to work but this year I get the day off. :unsure:

 

We all know pigs-in-blankets are the main reason to celebrate Christmas! 

Innapropriate_Username #155 Posted 12 December 2018 - 04:14 PM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 12869 battles
  • 805
  • Member since:
    12-12-2015

View PostTheArk_2014, on 07 December 2018 - 04:41 PM, said:

View PostInnapropriate_Username, on 07 December 2018 - 06:40 AM, said:

Just now I noticed the names of the girls ...

... hahahahahahaha .... nice names ...

 

:girl:

 

I asked why only 4... 

Spoiler

And the plot thickens....

 

 



DaddysLittlePrincess #156 Posted 13 December 2018 - 06:13 AM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 30153 battles
  • 514
  • [GHS] GHS
  • Member since:
    08-14-2012

View PostDaddysLittlePrincess, on 06 December 2018 - 03:02 PM, said:

Can you tell which style is for which collection?

 

View Postvuque, on 06 December 2018 - 03:05 PM, said:

​More information will follow later! :)

So, as the event started and there's still no info, can you actually answer now or you just don't know?



Astroblitz #157 Posted 13 December 2018 - 06:40 AM

    Captain

  • Player
  • 26235 battles
  • 2,271
  • [CO-OP] CO-OP
  • Member since:
    06-09-2017

I just opened 25 Boxes right here. Enjoy! :)

 



undutchable80 #158 Posted 13 December 2018 - 07:54 AM

    Brigadier

  • Player
  • 13677 battles
  • 4,532
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
  • Member since:
    10-30-2014

View PostInnapropriate_Username, on 12 December 2018 - 04:14 PM, said:

 

I asked why only 4... 

Spoiler

And the plot thickens....

 

 

 

Maybe its a bonus if you level up to level 10?

7th_Brigade #159 Posted 13 December 2018 - 10:16 AM

    Staff Sergeant

  • Player
  • 80004 battles
  • 402
  • Member since:
    02-15-2014

View Posteekeeboo, on 06 December 2018 - 03:15 PM, said:

I also wanted to share the camo from the video, you may have missed :honoring:

Explosions!
Fresh
Staying Cool
Gift wrapped

 

 

So which one is which?

BSHDBCG #160 Posted 13 December 2018 - 10:22 AM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 6313 battles
  • 1,104
  • Member since:
    04-20-2015

View Postundutchable80, on 13 December 2018 - 07:54 AM, said:

 

Maybe its a bonus if you level up to level 10?

 

Nah you can win those special ones in the loot boxes, not sure how many different ones there are, but people have said they have won them. Might also have been from getting to level 10 though... :unsure:

Edited by BSHDBCG, 13 December 2018 - 10:23 AM.





1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users