National languages in game

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

PowJay #1 Posted 07 December 2018 - 11:02 AM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 36735 battles

I don't know where to put this, but as it is just a curiosity I stuck it in this part of the forum. I was wondering about the national languages. Do you use them, and what do you think of them?

The first thing that I have to say is that I do use them. I like it. One of the funniest things in the game is getting a string of bounces in the Chinese tanks. It actually sounds like the commander is going berserk.

What I was really wondering about is: do the opening remarks- such as "Let's get this show on the road" and "Let's go"- actually sound right in each language? It's not the format of the phrase, it is more the emphasis.

I know that in English for the US and UK crews, the emphasis on words and the overall tone of the phrase sounds wrong sometimes, but even in another language, where the words could be reversed to the English, the emphasis on different parts of the phrase sounds wrong. Is this the case, or do they sound fine in each language?

I also think that the tone of the female voices in particular sounds wrong, but again, they are mostly not English speaking commanders.

Last, but not totally the least, what the hell does the Polish commander say at the start of battle? It sounds to me like "chair, chair, chair," with words in the middle. There could even be another "chair" in there. I am not having a dig at Polish, BTW, I would just love to know what he actually says.

OIias_of_Sunhillow #2 Posted 07 December 2018 - 02:26 PM

Major

• Player
  • 25247 battles

View PostPowJay, on 07 December 2018 - 10:02 AM, said:

I also think that the tone of the female voices in particular sounds wrong, 

I get that a lot at home. :teethhappy:

Balc0ra #3 Posted 07 December 2018 - 02:46 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 68087 battles
  • [WALL] WALL
I use them. No idea what most of them are saying. But you pick up on the words fast so you can connect them to events like bounces, or critical hits etc. 

vuque #4 Posted 07 December 2018 - 03:20 PM

Community Manager

• WG Staff
  • 17899 battles
  • [YOQ] YOQ
I use them, I don't have any idea what do they say but I just love the sound of the German Female Crew Member!:izmena:

Nishi_Kinuyo #5 Posted 07 December 2018 - 06:10 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 8070 battles
  • [GUP] GUP

I dunno, I use a voice mod like 99% of the time.

Which, btw, is done correctly by a professional voice actress in her native language.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users