World of Tanks is a GOLDEN mine

• Please log in to reply
45 replies to this topic

JaffaStar #1 Posted 07 December 2018 - 12:41 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 50550 battles
  • [_ELF_] _ELF_

But for some reason this game has stuck in the same position from 10 years ago .. Yes , you can see new graphics and new tanks ... But that is all that has changed , the game has not evolved ... 

I watched on Twitch the number of views , never over 8k , in the good days ... So this means that the game has something missing ... 

I have no idea who make the calls there , or to who wot staff listen , but any of those have the interest to make from this game a great game ... 

Fighto #2 Posted 07 December 2018 - 12:42 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 35313 battles
  • [TAC] TAC

View PostJaffaStar, on 07 December 2018 - 11:41 AM, said:

But for some reason this game has stuck in the same position from 10 years ago .. Yes , you can see new graphics and new tanks ... But that is all that has changed , the game has not evolved ... 

I watched on Twitch the number of views , never over 8k , in the good days ... So this means that the game has something missing ... 

I have no idea who make the calls there , or to who wot staff listen , but any of those have the interest to make from this game a great game ... 

Considering an awful game like Fornite has 200k on average, I'd ignore the twitch numbers.

Frostilicus #3 Posted 07 December 2018 - 12:46 PM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Clan Diplomat
  • 22476 battles
  • [-ZNO-] -ZNO-

Twitch numbers are a metric for success? Maybe people prefer playing WoT to watching someone else play it?

who knows, the game is not without it's flaws but I would still say it's a good game, it held my attention for longer than most games do...

Homer_J #4 Posted 07 December 2018 - 12:48 PM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 29674 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View PostJaffaStar, on 07 December 2018 - 11:41 AM, said:

but any of those have the interest to make from this game a great game ... 

So what are your ideas which will keep people interested beyond 50,000 battles?

JaffaStar #5 Posted 07 December 2018 - 12:49 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 50550 battles
  • [_ELF_] _ELF_
i have a lot of friend s who prefer to play or watch fornite then wot ... why ??? that game is more dynamic , more action , a round is longer then 3 minutes ... and you can go on ...
11:54 Added after 4 minutes
A huge step would be to create a lot of Frontline size maps ... with all kind of configurations ... and the respawn .. that is one of the biggest mistake of this game ... 600 m maps , way to small 

Frostilicus #6 Posted 07 December 2018 - 12:55 PM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Clan Diplomat
  • 22476 battles
  • [-ZNO-] -ZNO-

You've just reached the end of the road is all - and 50k battles in the game is pretty decent really, it's kept you entertained for a while

Not sure how you can blame the game for a battle lasting 3 minutes, that's down to player actions. I'm pretty sure people would hate artificial methods that made a battle last the full 15 minutes too!

Pattonizer #7 Posted 07 December 2018 - 01:00 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 8755 battles
The game is too hardcore let's be honest. Every random battle goes away on a couple of amateur moves, so the punish is significant. We need frontline back.

Hokum15 #8 Posted 07 December 2018 - 01:01 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 34187 battles
  • [HO_PO] HO_PO

View PostJaffaStar, on 07 December 2018 - 11:49 AM, said:

i have a lot of friend s who prefer to play or watch fornite then wot ... why ??? that game is more dynamic , more action , a round is longer then 3 minutes ... and you can go on ...
A huge step would be to create a lot of Frontline size maps ... with all kind of configurations ... and the respawn .. that is one of the biggest mistake of this game ... 600 m maps , way to small 

The "more dynamic, more action" is why I don't play FPS any more, I like the more sedate game pace of WOT, and  while I agree that Frontline is the shot int he arm this game needs, as the game play feels like you make progress, the fundamental game is still the same as randoms. 

Using twitch as a success or failure is not a good idea, WOT is a niche product, not everyone is interested in tanks, vs Fortnite which is a little more generic. 

Edited by Hokum15, 07 December 2018 - 01:01 PM.

JaffaStar #9 Posted 07 December 2018 - 01:01 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 50550 battles
  • [_ELF_] _ELF_
The best what this game had offer was the Frontline mode , but for some reason they abandon , or at least did not focus on that .. and i have no idea why ... that was the future .. they implemented the T34 and T34 Black , but you have no need for 2 premium tanks that are the same , except if you can respawn ... If you can be back in same round after you are killed , it s good to have those 2 variants of the same tank , or even more of them , if the respawn did nt let you to reuse the tank that was once destroyed ... if you undestand what i mean 

Quintuss #10 Posted 07 December 2018 - 01:01 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 28080 battles
  • [DIVA_] DIVA_

View PostFighto, on 07 December 2018 - 12:42 PM, said:

Considering an awful game like Fornite has 200k on average, I'd ignore the twitch numbers.

For it's age WoT does quite well. Want to guess how many viewers Fornite will have in 5 years? I'd guess sub 500 - once the kids find something even more riddiculus.

Discontinued #11 Posted 07 December 2018 - 01:05 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 1672 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View PostFrostilicus, on 07 December 2018 - 12:46 PM, said:

Twitch numbers are a metric for success? Maybe people prefer playing WoT to watching someone else play it?

who knows, the game is not without it's flaws but I would still say it's a good game, it held my attention for longer than most games do...

Exactly this,

I have litle desire to see some one else play

I might watch the occasional vehicle guide but that's about it.

*edited*  

In fact the player base is growing

Edited by Jahpero, 07 December 2018 - 04:27 PM.
This post has been edited by the moderation team due to inappropriate remarks.

Strappster #12 Posted 07 December 2018 - 01:06 PM

General

• Player
  • 25538 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View PostJaffaStar, on 07 December 2018 - 12:01 PM, said:

The best what this game had offer was the Frontline mode , but for some reason they abandon , or at least did not focus on that .. and i have no idea why ... that was the future .. 

No, it wasn't the future. It's a fun game mode that's good to have for grinding credits and hopefully it'll make a permanent return once they've addressed some of the performance issues but it's only an alternate game mode, nothing more.

View PostJaffaStar, on 07 December 2018 - 12:01 PM, said:

... except if you can respawn ... If you can be back in same round after you are killed , it s good to have those 2 variants of the same tank , or even more of them , if the respawn did nt let you to reuse the tank that was once destroyed ... if you undestand what i mean 

I understand what you mean by respawn and I'd stop playing if it was implemented in randoms. There needs to be consequences for bad play beyond waiting a few seconds before rejoining the same battle, otherwise every battle would descend into mindless YOLO-rush nonsense.

wsatnutter #13 Posted 07 December 2018 - 01:16 PM

General

• Beta Tester
  • 25373 battles
  • [WSAT] WSAT
OP start coding then

JaffaStar #14 Posted 07 December 2018 - 01:25 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 50550 battles
  • [_ELF_] _ELF_

I saw on some website the number of owners of this premium vehicles that WG sell .. the are much less owners that i have imagined ... and from those owners few hundreds are the members of unicorn clans who did not pay ever a dime to this game ... So , they are not selling very much stuff , i think that the biggest amount of money that they make are around december ... in rest .. well ... 

and with premium time .. i am sure that they did not sell too much of that as well ...

Rati_Festa #15 Posted 07 December 2018 - 01:27 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 44321 battles

View PostJaffaStar, on 07 December 2018 - 12:49 PM, said:

​What age are your friends? Fortnight looks very much like a game for kids/teenagers... or predators... which brings me to the question why would a grown man watch/play fortnite?

seXikanac #16 Posted 07 December 2018 - 01:29 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 12157 battles
  • [-YU-] -YU-
I dont like Fortnite even that I like shooters. For me, WoT is like shooter with vehicles. Fast rounds, I cant play few of them when I dont have too much time. What I do agree is that we need Frontlines, it was fun while it last and for people that got bored by random games it was nice change. I would suggest that WG introduce some other modes as well

JaffaStar #17 Posted 07 December 2018 - 01:42 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 50550 battles
  • [_ELF_] _ELF_

those who i know and play and pay money to fornite or Player Unknown or what is the name of the other game , are from 15 to 45 ... all range of ages ... and for sure who would pay 30 - 50 euros for one tank ? no wonder why they do not sell them ... 

and they do not think at all to the casual player .. the casual player are not rewarded , not with gold or premium time , but with some sort of medals or something that show his small but significant achievment for him ... 

Rati_Festa #18 Posted 07 December 2018 - 01:51 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 44321 battles

View PostJaffaStar, on 07 December 2018 - 01:42 PM, said:

those who i know and play and pay money to fornite or Player Unknown or what is the name of the other game , are from 15 to 45 ... all range of ages ... and for sure who would pay 30 - 50 euros for one tank ? no wonder why they do not sell them ... 

and they do not think at all to the casual player .. the casual player are not rewarded , not with gold or premium time , but with some sort of medals or something that show his small but significant achievment for him ... 

​Don't you have to buy vbucks in fortnite? My kids are constitently mithering me to spend on that game for them. Both WoT and Fortnite are f2p but have additional paid content, Player Unknown isn't free to play and is full of hackers and is therefore sh1te....

So all three games involve getting credit cards out, 1 is a slower paced war game, 1 looks like it was created by a cartoon artist for scooby doo the other is riddled with cheating ****s why are you comparing them? As a side note If you have friends regularly playing Fortnite in thier 30s/40s can you please report them to the police immediately.... they need monitoring :)

Edited by Rati_Festa, 07 December 2018 - 01:52 PM.

JaffaStar #19 Posted 07 December 2018 - 01:58 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 50550 battles
  • [_ELF_] _ELF_
last year in december i have paid 100 euros ... well , i did not get any tier 8 tank , so this year , until now i paid like 15 euros until now , and i am sure that this december will be wallet closed for me .. i intend to play until this december stuff will be over , and i will do a break ... too many randoms in the last weeks ... i think that i will go back to Eve online until something interesting will hapen around here ... and there is just like 15 euros / month omega time , and you can not compare that game with this one :) 

Homer_J #20 Posted 07 December 2018 - 03:47 PM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 29674 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View PostJaffaStar, on 07 December 2018 - 11:49 AM, said:

i have a lot of friend s who prefer to play or watch fornite then wot ... why ???

Because they are 12yrs old?

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users