tier X powercreep balance winrate

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

ThiccDerpingLoli #1 Posted 08 December 2018 - 06:06 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 30664 battles

Hello there.

I play WoT to be competitive, like that I have some ammount of damage or/+ spotting, assist "set" for various tiers and tank classes I "have" to do in order to be satistified with my result, but on the other hand I dont really care about meta and I just want to play tanks I like being it for historical reasons, because they look visually good, ...

So, having decent stats is my priority, but ofc I also want to enjoy this game and have fun, and for me that means playing tanks I like for reasons I mentioned. I have decent stats, wn8, winrate with powercreeped tanks up to tier IX, but tier X is different story.

For me, as a player who puts higher priority in stats than in fun, would be only logical to grind strong meta tanks. But.. what if I don't want to play Patton, S.Conq, 430U, bobjects and just all the stronk tanks. I enjoy playing STB-1 because its beautiful in HD model and because it was real MBT in service, same reasons goes for Leopard I.

I am pretty average with tier X meds, but for example with Cent AX I have about 2400 damage per game, while with STB or Leo I keep about 2K and sometimes I feel useless on maybe 50 % of maps in full tier X MM. Leo is, well probably worst tier X medium now? And STB, while it has not that bad turret, it sometimes wont hit a barn on 5 metres and aims milion years. Another problem is when you end as top tier with say the poor Leopard, and enemies get some balanced tank like 430U. Happened to me today several times kek. Had battles where I outplayed better tanks, when I was lucky and got "leopard-friendly" map, but on many maps, even more when you have many noobs in team, you dont really have the impact with leo or stb like you could have with cent, patton, rasha mediums.

With tier X meds, and with bad tier X meds, I am satistified with 2K damage. So, should I even care about winrate with bad tanks when I am not unicorn who could carry even in the most powercreeped tank in WoT?

XxKuzkina_MatxX #2 Posted 08 December 2018 - 06:47 AM

Captain

• Player
  • 53025 battles

Nice, starting the battle believing you're driving a turd practically. Almost half way to a defeat however you quantify "doing good" in that battle.

You can either keep being "unique" or find a better vehicle which you could measure your performance against. One more thing, when you bring a weaker tank to a battle, especially while top tier, you might be having fun driving that pretty tank but i am sure your teammates would prefer a tank that can actually help.

Arissos #3 Posted 08 December 2018 - 07:16 AM

Private

• Player
  • 36138 battles
  • [HACKR] HACKR
You seem to do well in your tanks so I would not worry about your winrate if you keep up good performance. The medium-tanks you play are the issue. They seem like supporting tanks and as such cannot be overly aggressive. This leads to point where you cannot for example push first to win flank etc.

So basically you play a battle and follow it. You cannot dictate it. I didn't check how you do in other X-tanks regarding winrate, but i would guess better. So just focus on doing the best you can and you seem to do well. And try to keep stats tank-related. If you get annoyed just play more OP tanks, hard to increase winrate with some tanks. So all i can suggest is still improve your decision-making in those battles where you can turn the tide.

Of course just my 2c. I suck at X due to issues with my way of playing the game. Not sure I will ever do well, well maybe TD but no reason to move up. It got so bad to a point I felt like a burden and so I do not play tier X unless I have to platoon. You at least contribute.

NoobySkooby #4 Posted 08 December 2018 - 08:25 AM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 15479 battles

Stats again, they are off putting to both players who may  want to toon with you and to the very nature of having fun, in fact the fun has long gone, plus with the addition of XVM, if you are good, they you are punished, ie: you will be focused.

None of this really matters though players are leaving, and that includes the ones who are both dedicated or addicted, the latter being me, or should I say I was, lately my addiction is on the wane as is my game play, one or two battles now and that is enough, s hence my stats will never improve, and tanks that need grinding will stay static, hence, total impasse, end result, game over.

Sad state of affairs but to those who keep playing in 2019, hope it is a good new year for you.

ThiccDerpingLoli #5 Posted 08 December 2018 - 07:11 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 30664 battles
Well I am going to buy some free xp and get object 140 for Xmas, so I quess I could make this my tier X medium for better winrate, and play others powercreeped ones "just for fun" . I have some 62-63 % winrate with Leo PTA and now about 50 % with Leo I :teethhappy:

Be_Bop_A_Lula #6 Posted 08 December 2018 - 09:05 PM

Private

• Player
  • 4823 battles

Fun definately!!!

If you do not have one?

Get a Luchs!

It is nice to do your daily doubles...

But always keep a few lower tier tanks for when you do not feel up to, being to serious!

Or you are just off your game.

M4 with derp is a definate way to put a smile on your face aswell...

Tho the derp, only really starts to work right when you get BIA on your crew.

There are many many other lower tiers that are fantastic aswell of course...

Good luck!

Condono #7 Posted 08 December 2018 - 10:18 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 10480 battles
  • [13KIL] 13KIL

These kinda shots are uber satisfiying, can't even imagine what went through the guys head. 

Jigabachi #8 Posted 08 December 2018 - 10:45 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 17948 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

Why turning a game into science?

You are a good player, so people will be glad having you in their team and most of the things you'll do will somehow increase the chance to win. So everything is fine.

ThiccDerpingLoli #9 Posted 08 December 2018 - 10:45 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 30664 battles
Its always very satisfying to have good battle with something like Leopard I, where you outplay 430Us or something, and then its more rewarding to have good result with terrible tanks in general than to have good battles with tanks that can do it easily. I quess I could just keep tank like Leo and play it more for fun, to have bot like 46 % winrate with it and then farm my winrate back with better tanks like obj 140 Id like to grind this Xmas or simply buy type 5 ..

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users