Warm Up for the Holidays With New Missions

• Please log in to reply
33 replies to this topic

Community #1 Posted 10 December 2018 - 06:00 AM

Sergeant

• Content Team
  • 0 battles
Holidays are closing on us, it's time to get ready!

The full text of the news item

Anymn #2 Posted 10 December 2018 - 07:19 AM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 19259 battles
  • [RHPA] RHPA

Mission 1: just play

Mission 2: shoot premium ammo to finish higher

Mission 3: play arty

Mission 4: hope your team does their job

It are pretty rewards though.

Weak_man #3 Posted 10 December 2018 - 08:08 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 6082 battles
  • [BA_RO] BA_RO

• Play 5 battles
  • A battle only counts towards progress if you deal at least twice the hit points of your vehicle in damage"

You have two option, to be really good to do 2 x hitpoints 5 times, in: light, medium, heavy, td  of your vehicle damage or to play with arty and make it really easy.

Any mission when you wg force people to play arty is disgusting.  No comment, i will not do this missions.

CrazyLovex #4 Posted 10 December 2018 - 09:00 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 16801 battles
  • [S-DS] S-DS
Meh..
Rewards are not impressive, good for f2p players, cool, but I'm not gonna bother

PlasticGangsta #5 Posted 10 December 2018 - 09:06 AM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 24727 battles
Listen, I ain't no good at this game. I just got the 6 y badge I have been playing almost all that time with a couple of breaks. I do try, but I just do not seem to get any better. However I play for hours and hours every week (I had a heart attack and a quadruple bypass that left me for all intentions house bound... so I have a lot of time on my hands) and I spend a lot of money on premium vehicles and the like. I often struggle with the missions but usually (over the last few years anyway) there has been a way for me to achieve the missions through dogged determination. Over the last few weeks I have noticed that more and more the missions have begun to have higher and higher minimum requirements. For instance these missions require finishing in the top 5 in a winning battle and doing twice the hit points of your vehicle in damage. There is no alternative for just grinding and as such I doubt very much I will complete and I have failed to complete many of the more recent missions with progress only if you finish in the top 3.Funnily enough yesterday for the Krampus mission I finished in the top 3, 3 times in only a couple of hours but that was a fluke and only happens occasionally. I know I am likely to get a load of stick from the better players with comments like learn to play the game or concentrate on improving but I think that ship has sailed. If I have not improved dramatically in 6 years I doubt it is going to happen now, it frustrates me but I am nearly 50 and maybe my reaction times are not what they were, I know my eyesight ain't. The thing is good or bad I feel  I am just as valid a WoT player and CUSTOMER as anyone else and things are moving more and more towards a culture where only the best players receive any rewards.........

NoobySkooby #6 Posted 10 December 2018 - 09:21 AM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 15473 battles

View PostAnymn, on 10 December 2018 - 07:19 AM, said:

Time for my type 5 then and tier 8 arty

jack_timber #7 Posted 10 December 2018 - 09:22 AM

Captain

• Player
  • 35298 battles

Nice

For those that find deal 2 X HP use low tier or like me bring out the arty, M44 loves these missions.

Edited by jack_timber, 10 December 2018 - 10:14 AM.

WoT_RU_Doing #8 Posted 10 December 2018 - 10:13 AM

Captain

• Player
  • 50308 battles
  • [-GY-] -GY-

More freebies are always nice, however.....

WG - PLEASE consider letting us sell garage/barracks slots.

While I do appreciate freebies, I have so many spare garage and barracks slots that converting them to silver (or even better, gold) would be much more beneficial.

lkstamenov #9 Posted 10 December 2018 - 10:35 AM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 36607 battles
  • [BG-AF] BG-AF

View PostAnymn, on 10 December 2018 - 07:19 AM, said:

Mission 4: play arty again :)

Thank you WG

jack_timber #10 Posted 10 December 2018 - 10:37 AM

Captain

• Player
  • 35298 battles

View PostPlasticGangsta, on 10 December 2018 - 08:06 AM, said:

Listen, I ain't no good at this game. I just got the 6 y badge I have been playing almost all that time with a couple of breaks. I do try, but I just do not seem to get any better. However I play for hours and hours every week (I had a heart attack and a quadruple bypass that left me for all intentions house bound... so I have a lot of time on my hands) and I spend a lot of money on premium vehicles and the like. I often struggle with the missions but usually (over the last few years anyway) there has been a way for me to achieve the missions through dogged determination. Over the last few weeks I have noticed that more and more the missions have begun to have higher and higher minimum requirements. For instance these missions require finishing in the top 5 in a winning battle and doing twice the hit points of your vehicle in damage. There is no alternative for just grinding and as such I doubt very much I will complete and I have failed to complete many of the more recent missions with progress only if you finish in the top 3.Funnily enough yesterday for the Krampus mission I finished in the top 3, 3 times in only a couple of hours but that was a fluke and only happens occasionally. I know I am likely to get a load of stick from the better players with comments like learn to play the game or concentrate on improving but I think that ship has sailed. If I have not improved dramatically in 6 years I doubt it is going to happen now, it frustrates me but I am nearly 50 and maybe my reaction times are not what they were, I know my eyesight ain't. The thing is good or bad I feel  I am just as valid a WoT player and CUSTOMER as anyone else and things are moving more and more towards a culture where only the best players receive any rewards.........

The only important thing about playing...

Do you enjoy it?

If answer is yes then nowt else matters, have fun.

lkstamenov #11 Posted 10 December 2018 - 10:44 AM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 36607 battles
  • [BG-AF] BG-AF

View PostWoT_RU_Doing, on 10 December 2018 - 10:13 AM, said:

More freebies are always nice, however.....

WG - PLEASE consider letting us sell garage/barracks slots.

While I do appreciate freebies, I have so many spare garage and barracks slots that converting them to silver (or even better, gold) would be much more beneficial.

Also sell crew member we don't need :)

Rock_n_Rollie #12 Posted 10 December 2018 - 10:47 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 13604 battles

View PostPlasticGangsta, on 10 December 2018 - 09:06 AM, said:

Here's my € 0.02...

As we all should know, the requirements of Tier 4+ and be "Top-10" are there to avoid yolo-bots from gaining any benefit from doing so.  Could WG gone for a better way? Maybe, probably, i dont know,...

However, the "be Top-5" and such is there to reward the "good" players and to keep them playing and coming back for more. 

With "good" i do not mean the blunicums, but the level below it.  Those 30-40% of the playerbase that need an incentive, a reward for being "good" but are yet not good enough to consistently make credits in their T-9 / T-10 tanks when they are spamming gold , running "food" and using directives when trying to "keep up with the blunicums".

Where does that leave the majority of the players, the so-called "-48% tomatoes"? 

They need a good game and some luck for those missions/rewards. But above all they need to believe that buying the next Premium "deal of the week" will make them better.   WG has managed to balance and play (and prey) upon that aspect of player psychology to an almost perfect level, worthy of an Evil Overlord  :)

Anyways.....

Since you correctly use grammar and punctuation, you're clearly not of the "texting"-generation. However, i suggest using paragraphs to make things easier to read (for fellow old-timers)

Talking of old, it doesn't get any better.  Eyesight, eye-hand coordination, reflexes, instant situation analysis ... yeah....   

But compare it to driving a car: the experience accumulated of the years allows you to avoid getting into situations where you need twitch reflexes to save you.

However, just like becoming a Formula 1 driver after 50 is off the table, some twitch - reflex based games (mostly FPSs) are soon off the table also.

Lets just say that it goes downhill pretty fast after 50.

(And that your body is betraying you is pretty frustrating at times).

Talking about frustration... I'm not sure if this game (just like plenty of other online multiplayer games) is the best choice for some one with a heart condition. I mean, I know that my bloodpressure rockets sometimes even thou i try to ignore the "more frustrating" elements.   But if you manage to avoid the frustrations and thus just play for fun, you'll be ok i guess.

And if you're just playing for fun, you shouldn't worry about "being good".

However, it is possible that over the years you have picked up some bad WoT habits without realising.  You might not have reached your ceiling.

Now, we know there are blunicums that provide mentoring (for a fee). Some of them might even be reading this.

Wouldn't it be nice if one of them would offer you an analysis and a (few) weeks of mentoring free of charge?

As some kind of x-mas gift?

After all, 'tis the season... goodwill... peace on earth.. and all that

PS: it took some time to write this, there might already be such offerings in the posts between yours and mine

Edited by Rock_n_Rollie, 10 December 2018 - 10:51 AM.

lkstamenov #13 Posted 10 December 2018 - 10:58 AM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 36607 battles
  • [BG-AF] BG-AF

View Postjack_timber, on 10 December 2018 - 10:37 AM, said:

The only important thing about playing...

Do you enjoy it?

If answer is yes then nowt else matters, have fun.

Finishing in Top 5 is easy, Got damage twice the hit points is easy too.

Well rewards are regular but considering all these missions can be completed for a day

By all means I don't like tough missions

WOT please keep it this way

All rewards are welcome especially Garage/Barracks Slots and Credits hahaha :)

Simona2k #14 Posted 10 December 2018 - 11:21 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 2301 battles
  • [GGLT] GGLT
Nice

SlyMeerkat #15 Posted 10 December 2018 - 11:54 AM

Captain

• Player
  • 16925 battles
  • [FILO] FILO
Nice

gunslingerXXX #16 Posted 10 December 2018 - 12:21 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 11773 battles
  • [GUNSL] GUNSL
Nice, but probably too much work for me

btesla #17 Posted 10 December 2018 - 02:35 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 23943 battles
  • [GEKOZ] GEKOZ
I like this one! :medal:

S136 #18 Posted 10 December 2018 - 05:21 PM

Private

• Player
  • 17511 battles
Missions too hard, missions too easy, missions too long, missions too short.... would you people stop complaining all the time?

eekeeboo #19 Posted 10 December 2018 - 05:34 PM

English Community Manager

• WG Staff
  • 45895 battles
  • [0XIDE] 0XIDE

Missions are intended to give people something to aim for and do, while providing some nice rewards. 

For 

View PostPlasticGangsta, on 10 December 2018 - 08:06 AM, said:

The best advice I can give is not just playing more, but think about how and what you do in your games. Objectively look at every time you die, how could you have done it differently? I don't know if you're interested but looking at streams can be useful for some people. I learned more by constantly taking risks and learning and remember what didn't and did work. 

piratha #20 Posted 10 December 2018 - 05:59 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 11242 battles
  • [2-KP] 2-KP

View PostPlasticGangsta, on 10 December 2018 - 09:06 AM, said:

<personal_feeling> :unsure: If I were to have got an Hearth Attack, WoT would be the very last place I'd show up (to recover and rest my hearth). Are you sure that, grinding in WoT, has to be on top of your to-do list?</personal_feeling>

Aside that, I like when my tank goes ka-boom, I like when I can outplay other tanks (bursting in flames) and I'm baffled when a Draw closes the game. You have an impressive garage, anything that come from these weekly mission is easily obtainable with in-game purchase - just the missions that reward with a female crew member are 100% worth grinding, for as long as possible (Xmas ones).

Don't rush in the battle, start new battles trying "to survive more" letting the others go head first, try to snipe, flank, observe the battle and try differen good positions. Late damage in battle is useless, so is dying the first 1 minute of a game.

I had a huge problem of yoloing at the start of the battle, and I was not having fun (Stats: low damage, high spot, low battle duration). It dawned on me, then I started taking defiled positions on the map and observed how the game was going on (aka: the map!). It went better, I even bought back the D.W.2 and started playing it again :izmena:.

Did you optimally organize your crew? With all these premiums you should be able to build-up crew skills for the standard tanks you like. There are tons of small suggestions that can be given: can you give out a feeling of why you are not doing good in the game?

My 2€ cents: in my tanks sutup I always go for 1)spotting range 2)gun handling and then 3)camo - lastly I improve the gun reload, if possible with an equipment slot, but there's no skill that improves that, aside BIA. I don't play brawlers, so I feel comfortable with that.

Lastly: drop some tiers! roll out again in Tier 3-4-5-6 and see how it goes from there.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users