Making Arty Better For Everyone (Proposal)

Arty artillery proposal suggestion new update idea spg gun self

• Please log in to reply
85 replies to this topic

grizly1973 #1 Posted 10 December 2018 - 09:07 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 20693 battles
  • [BA_RO] BA_RO

So, we all most of us know the pain arty currently is, don't we?

We most of us are all fed up with it and want it to be re-rebalanced, but not many of us actually think (or propose) what could be done with them besides pointlessly spamming "remove them all" on all subforums. Let's change that and try to initiate a productive conversation for once.

I present you my proposal for reworking artillery.

My proposal is pretty simple and straightforward. It makes use of a characteristic actual real SPGs have and makes them more complex by adding a whole new mechanic, increasing the skill-cap of the whole class. Sounds interesting? Stick with me as I'll explain everything down below.

Everything written here is aiming to keep SPGs in the game and:

1. Reduce their annoyance by introducing a slight nerf in the form of a new mechanic.

2. Enhance and deepen their gameplay, try to make it a little more complex.

This is proposed based on my point of view: Given that SPGs are easy to play & don't require tactical thinking (at least most of the time) they shouldn't be too rewarding or appealing to play if we follow the general mindset of this game (i.e. fun comes with skillful play) - mindset that is respected more or less nowadays. The solutions to this could be to either enahance their gameplay to the level that skill is required (and I aim for that with this proposal) or simply nerf them some more, because arty is still appealing enough to most players. I try to abstain from proposing any serious nerfs, because arty only needs a slight nerf and not something that would make it unplayable. My proposal aims to both enhance the gameplay and slightly nerf them with the means of a new mechanic (mechanic which accomplishes both these tasks).

The new mechanic I am talking about is a different kind of "siege mode" especially made for arties. Let's call it "firing mode" from now on.

It consists in allowing SPGs to use their stabilizing pods / pistons / ploughs or whatever other hull stabilising devices they may have. The mode would split arty gameplay in 2: firing and relocating. Engaging the mode with a key (let's say the good old X key) will make the transfer from one to another. The firing mode will enable arties to be efficient, while having limitations as to how reliable the SPG is against fast-moving targets (see below) and relocating mode allows for vehicle movement, with firepower immensely affected (negatively), thus making artillery less reliable in some situations (most situations actually).

Now, let's check what each mode is and what it does:

Firing Mode: This is the mode an SPG will spend most of its time in. It consists in setting the SPG up in the firing position, by making use of the pods / pistons / ploughs / walker legs SPGs have mounted on them, usually at the back (see pictures below). Engaging this mode "fixes" the SPG firmly in place, completly hindering any ability to move the vehicle or traverse the hull. SPGs in this mode won't be able to move an inch, but will have the firing characteristics and gun handling they have at the moment. Gun traverse is obviously INCREDIBLY limited by the standard gun arch. This will force SPG players to set up and pre-aim along one corridor / one position they want to fire at and wait, not allowing them to snapshot speeding light tanks from from away while traversing the hull and stuff like that. It will also prevent fast shots on freshly-spotted targets you want to snapshot in the other side of the map (relative to the side you're aiming at in the given moment) by requiring you to disengage firing mode, traverse the hull, engage firing mode again (if you want to actually have a chance to hit the target) and then, only then firing effectively. This will limit arties fighting for their cheap lives in TD mode, making their destruction, flanking and circling waaaay easier, not requiring you to risk your life if you're low HP (unless the bastard has barricaded himself in the end of an alleyway, case in which you are fu***d).

Relocating Mode: Just as it says in its name, the relocating mode allows your derpy a** SPG to relocate. It still allows for firing though, but all the gun handling you have in the firing mode is just a distant faded dream. Your aiming circle should be the size of the average casual arty players' brain (i.e. very big, bigger than an unaimed KV-2 reticle) (pun intended) and your aiming time should TRIPLE. The dispersion when moving is very VERY high, almost getting the aiming circle back to its huge size again by moving / elevating the gun just a slight bit. Firing in this mode will also physically push your vehicle back due to high recoil (see Newton's 2nd and 3rd law of motion) and damage the suspension. Firing again in this mode while having your suspension damaged will destroy it, taking off your track just as a shot would. When the vehicle gets pushed back by the recoil, any Camouflage Net or Binocular Telescope effect breaks and cuts down on your camouflage or viewrange. Firing in the relocating mode should also affect your camo rating more than firing in the, guess it, firing mode (good joke, don't ya think?). All in all, TD mode should be impossible in this mode.

Now it's pictures time:

A few SPGs in firing mode as I suggest it:

Tier 6 Frenchie

Notice the ploughs at the back and things holding it in place at the front?

As you can see, the back of the vehicle is slightly lifted from the ground. This should negatively affect the range of some low-tier SPGs, encouraging them to relocate more often.

(Sry for not putting them in a spoiler box, my bad :amazed:)

Providing these mechanics would get implemented at some point and that a new arty branch wouldn't be like pouring acid on a wound, WG could add some interesting vehicles using a mix of different mechanics, take a look at this:

This is the 152mm SpGH DANA SPG, a potential Czechoslovakian tier X SPG. (Notice its stabilizer pods) Its designing phase began in 1975, the same year as the production year of the Type 64 Chinese Light Tank. The vehicle does not use any kind of composite armor or other magic technologies, meaning it is a viable candidate for implementation.

Description of the vehicle:

"The DANA was designed in the late 1970s by Konštrukta Trenčín to provide the Czechoslovak People's Army with an indigenous self-propelled indirect fire support weapon without having to resort to purchasing the Soviet 2S3 Akatsiya SPG. Design work was completed in 1976 and the DANA project was handed off to production at ZTS Dubnica nad Váhom. It was accepted into service in 1981, and by 1994 over 750 units had been built. The DANA was also exported to Poland and Libya." - Source: Wikipedia

Or at THIS:

"Looking like a very angry tank, this concept of a self-propelled howitzer shows yet another way that RIA has kept up with technology and the ever-changing demands of the Army.  Photo is dated "15 Mar 66."" - Source: Rock Island Auction Company official website

- 3D model by Vollketten

As you can see, not much is known about this vehicle. I've searched for as much information as I could but it seems like this thing is just a plain concept that was left completly undocumented. Anyways, it could be an interesting tier VIII special/premium SPG. I can see this being sold for bonds. Many bonds. Judging by the way the articulations are located, this thing could have 2 driving modes: 1) Car-like handling (imagine an axle instead of each tracked trolley) and 2) Crab steering (I'll call it crab mode in the rest of the proposal). This means that both trolleys can rotate at the same angle in the same time in the same direction to allow the whole chassis to move completly sideways or in a diagonal direction in relation to the chassis front. This artwork illustrates a fictional SPG in crab mode:

- Artwork by Mike Doscher

This is a similar SPG (from the driving modes point of view, ofcourse) to the 155mm concept I've shown above. It is depicted in crab mode, 90º relative to the chassis front, enabling it to move sideways (relative to the chassis front). I hope you understand what I mean. If it's still not clear, you can find more about crab steering by a quick search.

What's problematic about this SPG is the transition from one driving mode to another, as the transition can be made by turning just one trolley at the same angle as the front one (from car-mode to crab mode) and at the opposite angle (from crab mode to car-mode), but in the opposite way. However, when the trolleys are at 90º in relation to the chassis they can also turn the whole vehicle "on spot" (i.e. in a circle). How is the game supposed to know which trolley you want to turn and wether you want to turn in a circle when in crab mode or not, I have no idea... This decision could be a game-changer in a clutch situation. It should be possible to choose which trolley you want to turn (or in which direction) in order to change modes by using a different key to trigger the change. However, let's not delve too deep in the technical details as you're here for an arty-related proposal, not a technical one. Keybinding is something WG could find a solution to on their own.

All in all, if these changes were to be applied, arties would become:

1 (most important). Unable to destroy moving targets effectively, as they would be too slow to engage and disengage the modes and firing from the relocating mode would be like gambling at the lottery and expecting to win 1st try. Arties will have to focus more on corridors (that's what they do nowadays anyways so don't be surprised) and on intuitive targeting of positions rather than being the bane of lights. This will keep them the way they should be: heavy hunters, TD hunters and possibly medium hunters to some extent (along with the usual counter-battery some like to do).

2. Less dangerous when approaching them (to blow them up real good ofcourse). While they are in firing mode you could outflank them even with a Maus or Type 5, while they are in relocating mode they will miss you even in a Maus or Type 5... Win-win situation, right? :P

3. Skill-Capped :trollface: (apparently). Well, it's actually logical. Players will need to learn how to be effective to remain so. They need to be more intuitive and calculated about their actions.

4. Less Stressful: after a day of hard work I'm really not interested in coming home to relax by playing WoT and constantly having sky ca***r arty on my mind while trying to 3-mark my ELC AMX (a very long-process, part of my daily life as of now).

5. More diverse (not the politically correct way, ofcourse). The more new mechanics the game has, the better (I'm obviously referring to high-tiers ofciurse, new players don't need to have their start even harder than it is now). Things like the French turetted arty could get the mode aswell, the firing mode consisting in reducing the turret rotation speed by the pretext of not making the bloom humongous. These mechanics can start from tier 4 or 5, while having the lower tier arties flat-out nerfed as they are, without the inclusion of any new game mechanics. Most arties from tier 4 on could get ploughs added to their 3D models even if theese are not present on the game models at the moment.

P.S.: The Pz. Sfl. IVb could have the awesome firing mode it was always intended to have:

The hull shouldn't be drivable on its own in-game, don't worry.

P.P.S.: Some other interesting designs could make use of this proposed mechanic in unique ways, like the SU-10 Soviet SPG proposal (also referenced as SU-Bu-10 and SAU Tolochkov) that could (slowly) rotate 360º on a lowered mount using its engine. It was apparently based on the T-28 chassis (a heavily modified one, nonetheless).

Here are a few pictures of the thing:

Description of the project:

"SU-10 (or SU-BU-10) was a coastal gun project developed in 1933. The vehicle consisted of a 152.4 mm B-10 naval gun on a T-28 chassis, with a curious feature: when deployed, the SPG could rotate 360 degrees using a special deployable mount. In this mode, the engine power would rotate the SPG instead of moving the tracks. The armour of this vehicle was between 8 and 20 mm, and its projected speed was 20 kph. " - Source: For The Record (FTR) blog

That's all for now, I hope I've made myself clear enough about how everythng should work and I'm eager to see your feedback and further suggestions (if any). :bajan:

TL;DR: A slight & indirect nerf to artillery (to reduce their annoyance factor) by adding a new mechanic that would consist of engaging in a firing mode that hinders mobility, Swedish TDish mode (to enhance and make their gameplay more complex/deep).

NOTE: Special thanks to leggasiini, who is the source of inspiration for this article (somehow, don't ask - I can't answer). I'm especially looking forward to you comment and detailed (yes, DETAILED) opinion, you lovely duck (or goose :hiding:).

Thank you for reading. :medal:

Edited by grizly1973, 24 December 2018 - 11:44 AM.
This post has been edited by the moderation team due to red color.

Scabolcz #2 Posted 10 December 2018 - 09:12 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 15193 battles
Might as well remove them if you are going to implement this... The only real solution that benifits both ends (Arty and non-arty), is to revert the changes of arty back to what they were and restrict the number of arty to 1 per team... This way will make them usefull and not annoying. This is really my sincere thoughts.

PervyPastryPuffer #3 Posted 10 December 2018 - 09:13 PM

Major

• Player
  • 31920 battles
  • [VRTC] VRTC

This is not a tank simulator.

Suggest your idea to War Thunder, not WoT. Arty needs to be exterminated from WoT.

grizly1973 #4 Posted 10 December 2018 - 09:16 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 20693 battles
  • [BA_RO] BA_RO

View PostPervyPastryPuffer, on 10 December 2018 - 10:13 PM, said:

This is not a tank simulator.

Suggest your idea to War Thunder, not WoT. Arty needs to be exterminated from WoT.

Well, it's hard to explain but it wouldn't be more complex than the Siege Mode that Swedish TDs get. Also, as an unpopular opinion, arty can't be removed completly because some disabled people (missing a limb) can only play arty. If you take it away, you take their only gameplay option away. (I'm actually dead serious about this, as I personally know someone in this situation)

juonimies #5 Posted 10 December 2018 - 09:23 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 45004 battles
  • [KARJU] KARJU

View Postgrizly1973, on 10 December 2018 - 08:07 PM, said:

So, we all know the pain arty currently is, don't we?

No. ENEMY artillery is pain. 

Most players don't understand that friendly artillery is part of team's weapon systems and causes damage to enemies.

Players, who don't assimilate the nature of indirect fire, please uninstall. 

Erwin_Von_Braun #6 Posted 10 December 2018 - 09:26 PM

Major General

• Player
  • 39976 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View Postgrizly1973, on 10 December 2018 - 08:07 PM, said:

So, we all know the pain arty currently is, don't we?

We are all fed up with it and want it to be re-rebalanced, but not many of us actually think what could be done with them besides pointlessly spamming "remove them all" on all subforums. Let's change that and try to initiate a productive conversation for once.

I present you my proposal for reworking artillery.

My proposal is pretty simple and straightforward. It makes use of a characteristic actual real SPGs have and makes them more complex by adding a whole new mechanic, increasing the skill-cap of the whole class. Sounds interesting? Stick with me as I'll explain everything down below.

The new mechanic I am talking about is a different kind of "siege mode" especially made for arties. Let's call it "firing mode" from now on.

It consists in allowing SPGs to use their stabilizing pods / pistons / ploughs or whatever other hull stabilising devices they may have. The mode would split arty gameplay in 2: firing and relocating. Engaging the mode with a key (why not "X") will make the transfer from one to another. The firing mode will enable arties to be efficient, while having limitations as to how reliable the SPG is against fast-moving targets (see below) and relocating mode allows for vehicle movement, with firepower immensely affected (negatively), thus making artillery less reliable in some situations (most situations actually).

Now, let's check what each mode is and what it does:

Firing Mode: This is the mode an SPG will spend most of its time in. It consists in setting the SPG up in the firing position, by making use of the pods / pistons / ploughs / walker legs SPGs have mounted on them, usually at the back (see pictures below). Engaging this mode "fixes" the SPG firmly in place, completly hindering any ability to move the vehicle or traverse the hull. SPGs in this mode won't be able to move an inch, but will have the firing characteristics and gun handling they have at the moment. Gun traverse is obviously INCREDIBLY limited by the standard gun arch. This will force SPG players to set up and pre-aim along one corridor / one position they want to fire at and wait, not allowing them to snapshot speeding light tanks from from away while traversing the hull and stuff like that. It will also prevent fast shots on freshly-spotted targets you want to snapshot in the other side of the map (relative to the side you're aiming at in the given moment) by requiring you to disengage firing mode, traverse the hull, engage firing mode again (if you want to actually have a chance to hit the target) and then, only then firing effectively. This will limit arties fighting for their cheap lives in TD mode, making their destruction, flanking and circling waaaay easier, not requiring you to risk your life if you're low HP (unless the bastard has barricaded himself in the end of an alleyway, case in which you are fu***d).

Relocating Mode: Just as it says in its name, the relocating mode allows your derpy a** SPG to relocate. It still allows for firing though, but all the gun handling you have in the firing mode is just a distant faded dream. Your aiming circle should be the size of the average casual arty players' brain (i.e. very big, bigger than an unaimed KV-2 reticle) (pun intended) and your aiming time should TRIPLE. The dispersion when moving is very VERY high, almost getting the aiming circle back to its huge size again by moving / elevating the gun just a slight bit. Firing in this mode will also physically push your vehicle back due to high recoil (see Newton's 2nd and 3rd law of motion) and damage the suspension. Firing again in this mode while having your suspension damaged will destroy it, taking off your track just as a shot would. When the vehicle gets pushed back by the recoil, any Camouflage Net or Binocular Telescope effect breaks and cuts down on your camouflage or viewrange. Firing in the relocating mode should also affect your camo rating more than firing in the, guess it, firing mode (good joke, don't ya think?). All in all, TD mode should be impossible in this mode.

Now it's pictures time:

A few SPGs in firing mode as I suggest it:

Tier 6 Frenchie

As you can see, the back of the vehicle is slightly lifted from the ground. This should negatively affect the range of some low-tier SPGs, encouraging them to relocate more often.

(Sry for not putting them in a spoiler box, my bad :amazed:)

Providing these mechanics would get implemented at some point and that a new arty branch wouldn't be like pouring acid on a wound, WG could add some interesting vehicles using a mix of different mechanics, take a look at this:

This is the 152mm SpGH DANA SPG, a potential Czechoslovakian tier X SPG. (Notice its stabilizer pods)

All in all, if these changes were to be applied, arties would become:

1 (most important). Unable to destroy moving targets effectively, as they would be too slow to engage and disengage the modes and firing from the relocating mode would be like gambling at the lottery and expecting to win 1st try. Arties will have to focus more on corridors (that's what they do nowadays anyways so don't be surprised) and on intuitive targeting of positions rather than being the bane of lights. This will keep them the way they should be: heavy hunters, TD hunters and possibly medium hunters to some extent (along with the usual counter-battery some like to do).

2. Less dangerous when approaching them (to blow them up real good ofcourse). While they are in firing mode you could outflank them even with a Maus or Type 5, while they are in relocating mode they will miss you even in a Maus or Type 5... Win-win situation, right? :P

3. Skill-Capped :trollface: (apparently). Well, it's actually logical. Players will need to learn how to be effective to remain so. They need to be more intuitive and calculated about their actions.

4. Less Stressful: after a day of hard work I'm really not interested in coming home to relax by playing WoT and constantly having sky ca***r arty on my mind while trying to 3-mark my ELC AMX (a very long-process, part of my daily life as of now).

5. More diverse (not the politically correct way, ofcourse). The more new mechanics the game has, the better (I'm obviously referring to high-tiers ofciurse, new players don't need to have their start even harder than it is now). Things like the French turetted arty could get the mode aswell, the firing mode consisting in reducing the turret rotation speed by the pretext of not making the bloom humongous. These mechanics can start from tier 4 or 5, while having the lower tier arties flat-out nerfed as they are, without the inclusion of any new game mechanics. Most arties from tier 4 on could get ploughs added to their 3D models even if theese are not present on the game models at the moment.

P.S.: The Pz. Sfl. IVb could have the awesome firing mode it was always intended to have:

The hull shouldn't be drivable on its own in-game, don't worry.

That's all for now, I hope I've made myself clear enough about how everythng should work and I'm eager to see your feedback and further suggestions (if any). :bajan:

NOTE: Special thanks to leggasiini, who is the source of inspiration for this article (somehow, don't ask - I can't answer). I'm especially looking forward to you comment and detailed (yes, DETAILED) opinion, you lovely duck (or goose :hiding:).

Thank you for reading. :medal:

Some good ideas here (and I actually read the whole thing).

+1

Out of curiosity, have you played much StarCraft?

I only ask because this reminded me of Siege Tanks

grizly1973 #7 Posted 10 December 2018 - 09:29 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 20693 battles
  • [BA_RO] BA_RO

View PostErwin_Von_Braun, on 10 December 2018 - 10:26 PM, said:

Some good ideas here (and I actually read the whole thing).

+1

Out of curiosity, have you played much StarCraft?

I only ask because this reminded me of Siege Tanks

No I haven't even heard about that. All I play is WoT as I have little free time. Thanks for the upvote! ;) 

leggasiini #8 Posted 10 December 2018 - 09:39 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 15391 battles
  • [-GLO-] -GLO-
or just remove arty, easy :^)

laulaur #9 Posted 10 December 2018 - 09:42 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 47268 battles
  • [FUS2D] FUS2D
I have a much better solution: just remove arty.

psychobear #10 Posted 10 December 2018 - 09:44 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 19197 battles
  • [7EVEN] 7EVEN

View PostScabolcz, on 10 December 2018 - 10:12 PM, said:

Might as well remove them if you are going to implement this... The only real solution that benifits both ends (Arty and non-arty), is to revert the changes of arty back to what they were and restrict the number of arty to 1 per team... This way will make them usefull and not annoying. This is really my sincere thoughts.

Limit them to 1 per team? Yes, by all means.

Revert the changes to what they were? HELL, NO! On the contrary, they should halve the damage again and the stun effect too. Then maybe it would be what it's intended to be - a pure support class.

grizly1973 #11 Posted 10 December 2018 - 09:45 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 20693 battles
  • [BA_RO] BA_RO

View PostScabolcz, on 10 December 2018 - 10:12 PM, said:

Well, limiting arty to 1 per battle will also imply removing some of the obtainable Epic Medals for destroying arties and bringing it back to how it was before will get people annoyed that they get oneshotted, again. My solution would require arty players to elaborate a battle plan and stop them from being able to bully light tanks with their big splash radiuses. Heavies shouldn't able to feel the difference too much, meaning that arty still has the purpose to soften them down (i.e. assist its team). As for removing arty, see my reply above regarding disabled people playing WoT. These people are a source of income for WG too, albeit a very small one.

gunslingerXXX #12 Posted 10 December 2018 - 09:46 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 11765 battles
  • [GUNSL] GUNSL

You've put a lot of effort in, my compliments.

Personally I would suggest not to remove SPG, but to make them play with bots only. SPG's could be more accurate, harder hitting or whatever improvement is desired, and nobody gets hurt! Win-win without complicating things.

Edited by gunslingerXXX, 10 December 2018 - 09:53 PM.

grizly1973 #13 Posted 10 December 2018 - 09:48 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 20693 battles
  • [BA_RO] BA_RO

View Postleggasiini, on 10 December 2018 - 10:39 PM, said:

or just remove arty, easy :^)

The legend reached out to talk to me. I can die in peace now! I thought of removing arty, but that's not going to work (stated by WG numerous times). My disabled friend that has only his right arm isn't really happy to see what people try to do to the only class he can effectively play.

WoT_RU_Doing #14 Posted 10 December 2018 - 10:15 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 50161 battles
  • [-GY-] -GY-

You know that pressing X already locks the hull and improves aiming time? As for the rest, I can tell just by reading your suggestions that you don't have much experience of arty, especially at top tiers.

- Since 9.18, hitting a target on the move has become almost impossible. You need to be at very close range to have any real hope, and it is a total lottery. On top of that, with the arty view ranges, there isn't time to aim (or turn) in the times typically involved, assuming the arty even spots the enemy before he dies.

-  The same applies to arty trying to hit a target that is circling them. There are very few arties that have the ability to traverse fast enough to follow anything except a heavy tank or TD, and the shot will still miss much of the time. The biggest mistake lights typically make is driving straight towards the arty, making the shot far simpler.

- Fast moving target s are also an issue, as the aiming circle will still bloom if you try to follow the target. You can guess and fire where you think a light may go, but most players do actually miss.

In effect, with 9.18 they implemented much of what you suggest, but you just want to make the effect of the changes far greater. All this will do is encourage many arty players to stay still the entire battle, and never relocate to help the team better (which I think has increased also since 9.18)

P.S. Think the DANA is too recent for WoT to include it, which is a shame as it's rather a pretty vehicle.

Edited by WoT_RU_Doing, 10 December 2018 - 10:17 PM.

fighting_falcon93 #15 Posted 10 December 2018 - 10:22 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 32148 battles

The current problems with artillery is:

- It allows players to outplay much more skilled players from complete safety.

- It promotes camping, as you're only safe from artillery when hiding behind cover.

- It can't counter the targets that it's supposed to counter, because they're not spotted.

Does your suggestion solve any of these issues? No offence, but nope.

The problem is that you can't solve the problem with artillery, because then you will turn it into something that isn't artillery anymore. And what's the point in having artillery in the game if it doesn't behave like actual artillery?

Also, do you notice something else in your images? The SPGs not alone, but part of an artillery battery. That's another issue with artillery in World of Tanks. It's completely unrealistic. Artillery was not designed to shoot on individual moving targets such as tanks, because by the time the shell lands, the targets will be in a completely different position. That's what TDs was invented for. Artillery is an area bombardment tool, focusing on providing fire support onto a specific location rather than onto a specific target.

The only solution to artillery is to remove it. And if this game really needs some kind of indirect fire support, they can make LTs unique and give them add call-ins such as off-map artillery barrages and airstrikes that can be called in within the LTs viewrange. That would atleast solve the problems above and be a lot more realistic than the singe shell barrage casino machines we have today.

Svitman #16 Posted 11 December 2018 - 04:20 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 63440 battles
  • [CSA] CSA

View PostScabolcz, on 10 December 2018 - 09:12 PM, said:

THIS - but make the global average less than 0,5 arty (less than every second game with arty)

trrprrprr #17 Posted 11 December 2018 - 04:40 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 1900 battles

Yeah, next should be - to be able to shoot even close to accurate every speeding light tank will have to stop and prepare a shot.

And if you want to implement something like this, they will have to have spot on aim time and alot faster shell time to be of ANY use in game.

And i really fail to see how something like this makes it better for everyone....still gonna get hit unaware bobs that will still whine on forums.  Atm there is not many shells that can hit reliably fast moving spotter that shows part of it for a two seconds on the ridgeline.... in other words you want to make one tank line useless and removable from game while even more increasing annoyance of light tanks.

Sfinski #18 Posted 11 December 2018 - 04:46 PM

Major

• Player
  • 33092 battles
  • [-PJ-] -PJ-
Can't balance arty while keeping the indirect fire.

SiliconSidewinder #19 Posted 11 December 2018 - 04:55 PM

Major General

• Player
  • 28044 battles

View PostSfinski, on 11 December 2018 - 04:46 PM, said:

Can't balance arty while keeping the indirect fire.

and that's simply BS, as arty is balanced right now.

You may not like it, but that's in the end your very own problem.

RamRaid90 #20 Posted 11 December 2018 - 04:58 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 22869 battles
  • [D0NG] D0NG

View Postjuonimies, on 10 December 2018 - 08:23 PM, said:

No. ENEMY artillery is pain. 

Most players don't understand that friendly artillery is part of team's weapon systems and causes damage to enemies.

Players, who don't assimilate the nature of indirect fire, please uninstall. 

Just like most friendly artillery players don't understand not to shoot the enemy who is face hugging allies.

This is due to the fact that most arty "players" don't have more than one braincell.

Also tagged with Arty, artillery, proposal, suggestion, new, update, idea, spg, gun, self

5 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 5 guests, 0 anonymous users