• Please log in to reply
61 replies to this topic

LethalWalou #41 Posted 14 December 2018 - 05:29 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 31672 battles
  • [RSOP] RSOP

View PostSimeon85, on 12 December 2018 - 11:27 AM, said:

Personally I would just make sure active play is rewarded and camping is not, map control contesting is rewarded and staying at the back is not, which means removing lots of far too strong base camping spots, they should basically clear all the bushes, rocks, little holes at the back of the map so it's more bare and anyone camping there gets easily spotted and dies. 

There already is slight rewards for acrive play, but it's hard to give more. If they start removing bushes and rocks from near bases it will at the same time destroy the second stages in matches and prevent people from falling back to defend. Or when team doesn't go on one flank you wouldn't be able to ambush enemies when defending a flank with few tanks. That would result in far too simple and boring matches. Thing is that people will always camp and find the places where they can be shot from the least amount of directions. Prokhorovka is prime example with people using the map border to help create security in the corner. Or same with the hill side. No risk of getting flanked at least not until late game and they can just sit there demanding someone to spot middle

Edited by LethalWalou, 14 December 2018 - 05:31 PM.

Cuck0osNest #42 Posted 14 December 2018 - 06:19 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 13108 battles
  • [YGDRA] YGDRA

View PostSandDanAdua, on 14 December 2018 - 05:21 PM, said:

I get what you're saying but there's a reason why HT's have almost double the HP of LT's.

That's their resource. You can use it in favorable trades to win the game and get more credits this way.

The only thing i can see partially working is awarding more xp for damage blocked, but this will never gonna happen due to ability to exploit it very easily.

Also it would be unfair to all the other classes.

Same with repair costs which are almost doubled too for over 2k hp vehicles. Especially for arty with the highest repair costs, who are very rare in trying to team play with friendly low hp tanks because of that. 

For example, when you can't hit anything because team is full of autoloaders or high damage tds but all damage is taken and arty cannon fodder role goes only to your super heavy tank.

View PostLethalWalou, on 14 December 2018 - 05:29 PM, said:

There already is slight rewards for acrive play, but it's hard to give more.

Just as compensating bonus to repair costs but not as much so it will be abusable. So it can cost up to zero if all damage taken was useful and your allies stole all damage from you or exchanged that perfectly and in time.

Edited by Cuck0osNest, 14 December 2018 - 06:31 PM.

SandDanAdua #43 Posted 14 December 2018 - 06:35 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 14026 battles

View PostCuck0osNest, on 14 December 2018 - 06:19 PM, said:

Same with repair costs which are almost doubled too for over 2k hp vehicles. Especially for arty with the highest repair costs, who are very rare in trying to team play with friendly low hp tanks because of that.

Then i think repair cost should be equalized across the board or even reduced for HT's as they are usually the ones that get killed first while 6 TD's camp the base.

Baldrickk #44 Posted 14 December 2018 - 09:11 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 32165 battles
  • [-MM] -MM

View Postunhappy_bunny, on 14 December 2018 - 05:05 PM, said:

So in example 1, do you mean that if you have taken a hit from arty, and an ally then kills that arty, you should get some bonus, xp or credits?

And in example 2, if you get hit by an enemy tank, and one of you allies nips around and kills it, then you should get some bonus, again either xp and/or credits?

I have to ask because they way you word things, it is hard to understand your meaning. That is not a personal criticism but merely an observation as I appreciate that English is not you native language.

If that is what he's saying then my incredulity stands.

If not, well,  he needs to lay it out as simply as possible, issuing his own terms for things really doesn't help others understand him - at least until he can make those terms popular and well known (with explanations... pretty sure "slepnir moves" is well known now, as a name, but not what it describes)

Speaking of,     how many people reading this know what chai-sniping is?  It has kind of fallen from grace these days.

Cuck0osNest #45 Posted 14 December 2018 - 10:38 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 13108 battles
  • [YGDRA] YGDRA
Walking in shoes of a developer who created this game in need of money this is a hard topic because it affects their sneakily tuned comfort monetizations. This obvious global teamplay knowledge could affect on average time spent in random battles by players. But will it really become lower?

Edited by Cuck0osNest, 14 December 2018 - 11:08 PM.

Xabre99 #46 Posted 14 December 2018 - 11:12 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 13752 battles

I'm missing something i think.

HP exchange, or whatever you're doing to change the outcome of the battle is aka 'playing to win', winning rewards more credits. If you misjudge something and exchange a little too many hit points, or lose from your aggressive/protecting play should you be rewarded for something that could be seen, or proven later to be a mistake?

Cuck0osNest #47 Posted 15 December 2018 - 12:03 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 13108 battles
  • [YGDRA] YGDRA
Premium account buyer speaks

Baldrickk #48 Posted 15 December 2018 - 11:04 AM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 32165 battles
  • [-MM] -MM

View PostCuck0osNest, on 15 December 2018 - 12:03 AM, said:

Premium account buyer speaks

Once again you're making half-statements.

Like the beginning of an idea with no conclusion.

Even your longer posts appear to just be many of these.

You really need to start finishing your thoughts, at least when writing them - I'm sure your brain doesn't just cut out halfway through a thought. 

So... what do you mean?

slitth #49 Posted 15 December 2018 - 11:27 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 13847 battles
  • [AL-EU] AL-EU

View PostSandDanAdua, on 14 December 2018 - 05:35 PM, said:

Then i think repair cost should be equalized across the board or even reduced for HT's as they are usually the ones that get killed first while 6 TD's camp the base.

It would be easier to remove repair cost completely and reduce the income accordingly.

Perhaps by removing the credit reward you get for joining a battle

That way you can use HP as a free resource that you can use to do things that help the team win.

Like take a hit for a high-tier so it can keep fighting, spotting for the team, and shoot trading.

While taking a hit does not and should not yield xp or credits, doing it correctly help the team win, and that is where you get you xp or credits reward.

And spotting and doing damage has always yielded xp and credits.

Cuck0osNest #50 Posted 15 December 2018 - 12:43 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 13108 battles
  • [YGDRA] YGDRA
Ye that's right, but you must load gold and extra rations to spot and do damage without losing hp.

unhappy_bunny #51 Posted 15 December 2018 - 01:13 PM

Colonel

• Player
  • 19896 battles
  • [-OC-] -OC-

View PostCuck0osNest, on 15 December 2018 - 11:43 AM, said:

Ye that's right, but you must load gold and extra rations to spot and do damage without losing hp.

You cant load gold, you can load premium ammo though.

How does premium ammo and extra rations stop you losing hp? Even if you have premium ammo and extra rations, if you get hit you will lose hp. All that premium ammo and extra rations do is help your shots do damage and boost some crew skills, they dont add extra armour or give you a force field that stops enemy shells. 

slitth #52 Posted 15 December 2018 - 01:44 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 13847 battles
  • [AL-EU] AL-EU

View PostCuck0osNest, on 15 December 2018 - 11:43 AM, said:

Premium shells does not make your armour thicker.

And while rations can make your tank more manoeuvrable is useless if you drive in a predictable pattern.

No matter what you pay, can keep you HP safe unless you play smart.

I have destroyed enough heavy armoured and/or manoeuvrable tanks to say this.

And the only reason why I lose or perform poorly is because of my own stupidity.

I can throw all my money at WG and that will not change

Cuck0osNest #53 Posted 15 December 2018 - 02:24 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 13108 battles
  • [YGDRA] YGDRA
You just don't understand butterfly effect of losing hp from having no comforts.

Baldrickk #54 Posted 15 December 2018 - 02:47 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 32165 battles
  • [-MM] -MM

View PostCuck0osNest, on 15 December 2018 - 02:24 PM, said:

You just don't understand butterfly effect of losing hp from having no comforts.

We have no idea what you mean...

slitth #55 Posted 15 December 2018 - 03:31 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 13847 battles
  • [AL-EU] AL-EU

View PostCuck0osNest, on 15 December 2018 - 01:24 PM, said:

I am sorry that you are unable to see and understand the consequences of actions and reactions.

Through the butterfly effect we are already rewarded for beneficial sacrifice of HP.

If you do the right action like sacrifice HP to secure the win you are rewarded with a 1.5 multiplied to your XP and 1.85 multiplied to your "Joining a battle" credit bonus.

You get this even if you sacrifice is irrelevant in terms of winning the game.

To determine if a HP sacrifice is relevant or not is determined by how the game would have be if your had not taken the hit.

If the shot had be directed on another tank and was block, then your sacrifice was irrelevant.

If the sacrifice saved an ally tank and that ally did nothing the rest of the battle then your sacrifice was irrelevant.

So you have to run simulation of each possibility to determine if one action is relevant in terms of granting victory.

So is currently impossible to make a system that can determine the relevance of any action and therefore impossible to reward on this fact.

So rewarding on the action of beneficial sacrifice of HP is impossible.

That why we get reward of the culmination of the action, namely the bonus for winning the game

Cuck0osNest #56 Posted 15 December 2018 - 03:36 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 13108 battles
  • [YGDRA] YGDRA
So now you win only by saving your allies. :teethhappy: Just your logic.

slitth #57 Posted 15 December 2018 - 03:52 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 13847 battles
  • [AL-EU] AL-EU

View PostCuck0osNest, on 15 December 2018 - 02:36 PM, said:

Sacrifice of HP is like a single flap of a butterfly wing.

That and consequences of all the other actions you do mighty culminate in victory.

Or it might be completely irrelevant.

By my logic the relevance of a loss of HP is just as intangible as the attention you get from an enemy.

As the relevance of some actions are intangible, we can therefore not reward those actions.

Cuck0osNest #58 Posted 15 December 2018 - 06:02 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 13108 battles
  • [YGDRA] YGDRA

View Postslitth, on 15 December 2018 - 03:52 PM, said:

we can therefore not reward those actions.

So you even work in WG now. I need more cool stories.

unhappy_bunny #59 Posted 15 December 2018 - 06:46 PM

Colonel

• Player
  • 19896 battles
  • [-OC-] -OC-

View PostCuck0osNest, on 15 December 2018 - 02:36 PM, said:

View PostCuck0osNest, on 15 December 2018 - 05:02 PM, said:

So you even work in WG now. I need more cool stories.

Ah! The Cuckoo we know and love. Thought it wouldnt take long for you to start reading more into peoples responses than they a tually mean, and to avoid answering questions, rather than just resorting to your quick and easy insults. 

One day, you might manage to make a constructive contribution to the forum, but I suspect trolling is your national sport.

Cuck0osNest #60 Posted 15 December 2018 - 08:32 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 13108 battles
  • [YGDRA] YGDRA

I suggest it to be in 3 seconds after taking a hit. Yes, for your friendly autoloader it might take more time to begin actual stealing of damage what your super heavy is deserved for example, so you wont receive bonus for useful   HP exchange sometimes that way....

So maybe more than 3 seconds...but its ok to be 3, circumstances are circumstances.

Edited by Cuck0osNest, 15 December 2018 - 08:34 PM.

Also tagged with hit points, credits, repairs

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users