Tiers Tanks Hardest Worst Triggering Toxic

• Please log in to reply
33 replies to this topic

mikkiller #1 Posted 12 December 2018 - 07:58 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 13997 battles

I-IV, meh, doesn't really matter fairly quick to get past

V-VI a real pain... Especially if it's not a tank for your taste.

VII-IX can be real fun, if the MM isn't too hard on you.

X can be fun too, but prem ammo and arty sort of ruins it

Thoughts and opinions?

Have a nice day and christmas by the way :teethhappy:

wsatnutter #2 Posted 12 December 2018 - 08:00 PM

General

• Beta Tester
  • 26436 battles
  • [WSAT] WSAT
care to expand with facts

Babbet_1 #3 Posted 12 December 2018 - 08:07 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 13914 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE
Don't think there are any - think this is just his swan-song!  :sceptic:

mikkiller #4 Posted 12 December 2018 - 08:08 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 13997 battles

View Postwsatnutter, on 12 December 2018 - 08:00 PM, said:

I-IV, They're fairly easy to play when you know how to play, they're kind of quick to get past as it should be (perhabs should be a little bit easier for the newer players)

V-VI, the real pain of grinding and playing, especially when playing VI to get a tier VII, I am currently stuck on KV-85, Firefly, 59-16, M18 Hellcat, ARL V39 and Jagdpanzer IV and it's just a long road with pain to get to VII.

VII-IX, is where most of the fun is at, even though when you're a VII in a VIII/IX matchup because of the bad matchmaker, most still have a decent chance against one another (V and VI doesn't really have that chance against VII+)

X, It can be fun, it seems "fair" to play the tier X only matches and all but in these matches it's mostly the artillery and/or premium ammo usage. (including some big boy guns like type 5 heavy and the FV4005)

19:11 Added after 3 minutes

View PostBabbet_1, on 12 December 2018 - 08:07 PM, said:

Don't think there are any - think this is just his swan-song!  :sceptic:

Want me to be a duck or what you damn duckling?

It does not matter to be born in a duck yard when one only has been immersed in a swan-egg!  - H.C Andersen

Babbet_1 #5 Posted 12 December 2018 - 08:18 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 13914 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE
I quite like ducks actually! :) Happy Christmas to you too, by the way! :rolleyes:

Jigabachi #6 Posted 12 December 2018 - 08:18 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 17948 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
For me it mostly depends on the tank. If the tank is fun, the tier only matters so much. I rather dislike the lower tiers because of the chaos and the higher tiers are just full of human bots, but there are still some tanks that are still borderline fun to play there. At least in theory...

mikkiller #7 Posted 12 December 2018 - 08:23 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 13997 battles

View PostJigabachi, on 12 December 2018 - 08:18 PM, said:

For me it mostly depends on the tank. If the tank is fun, the tier only matters so much. I rather dislike the lower tiers because of the chaos and the higher tiers are just full of human bots, but there are still some tanks that are still borderline fun to play there. At least in theory...

That is very true, there are some exceptions like the Cromwell and the SU 100 (for myself)

View PostBabbet_1, on 12 December 2018 - 08:18 PM, said:

I quite like ducks actually! :) Happy Christmas to you too, by the way! :rolleyes:

Thanks man, you're a pretty duckling out of the ugly ones then :P

sniper_pixie #8 Posted 12 December 2018 - 09:38 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 59339 battles

I've been playing at tier 3 and 4 for the past couple of days to train some crews up from 75%, and the gold spam here is just as bad as at tier 10. This game used to be good, but I think I only play it now from force of habit.

Just played a game. The enemy had a Matilda and 2 Pz S35's. We... didn't.

Have yet to meet a Pz 1 C that isn't firing gold. Seriously, wtf?

And another game where the enemy had an S35 and a Pz II J, and we didn't. Is it any wonder people stop playing this game?

Edited by sniper_pixie, 12 December 2018 - 10:18 PM.

1ucky #9 Posted 12 December 2018 - 10:09 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 85143 battles
  • [THRIL] THRIL

Screw the tiers, go with individual tanks, play whatever suits you.

I don't think any tier has only good/competitive tanks in it.

There's always some that are underpowered.

Hence you got to pick a proper tank, not a tier.

NoobySkooby #10 Posted 12 December 2018 - 10:13 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 16975 battles
  • [D3NK] D3NK

View Postmikkiller, on 12 December 2018 - 07:58 PM, said:

I-IV, meh, doesn't really matter fairly quick to get past

V-VI a real pain... Especially if it's not a tank for your taste.

VII-IX can be real fun, if the MM isn't too hard on you.

X can be fun too, but prem ammo and arty sort of ruins it

Thoughts and opinions?

Have a nice day and christmas by the way :teethhappy:

My thoughts are with the new daddy on the block (IS3a) from tier 6 upwards will be a riot of gold spam
21:16 Added after 2 minutes

View Postsniper_pixie, on 12 December 2018 - 09:38 PM, said:

I've been playing at tier 3 and 4 for the past couple of days to train some crews up from 75%, and the gold spam here is just as bad as at tier 10. This game used to be good, but I think I only play it now from force of habit.

Just played a game. The enemy had a Matilda and 2 Pz S35's. We... didn't.

Have yet to meet a Pz 1 C that isn't firing gold. Seriously, wtf?

Well why not? Standard ammo is a thing of the past now, it goes in my Matilda's and Pz 1 C, damn thing is way to fast to be accurate, more of as fast go kart than something to take seriously.

Avanta8 #11 Posted 12 December 2018 - 10:18 PM

Private

• Player
  • 5979 battles

For me, tier 9's the best for matchmaking.

Tier 6 is the second best imo. Most tier 6s can be quite effective even against tier 8s.

hasnainrakha57 #12 Posted 12 December 2018 - 10:27 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 18354 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
Tier 9 is best reasons:
1)U get +1mm not 2+mm.
2)Your gold ammo penetration is enough to kick tier 10s [edited].
3)U wont be facing tier 10s that much.
4)Most of the time u are top tier.

PowJay #13 Posted 12 December 2018 - 10:47 PM

Major General

• Player
  • 39790 battles

I've really got a lot of time to spend devouring the opinions of 45% WR players with mostly tomato stats.

Oh. Hang on.

mikkiller #14 Posted 12 December 2018 - 10:56 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 13997 battles

View PostPowJay, on 12 December 2018 - 10:47 PM, said:

I've really got a lot of time to spend devouring the opinions of 45% WR players with mostly tomato stats.

Oh. Hang on.

Oh come on... Don't be one of those stat-people.. Just because someone has bad stats doesn't mean he's absolutely useless or bad in all his/her games.
21:57 Added after 1 minute

View Post1ucky, on 12 December 2018 - 10:09 PM, said:

Screw the tiers, go with individual tanks, play whatever suits you.

I don't think any tier has only good/competitive tanks in it.

There's always some that are underpowered.

Hence you got to pick a proper tank, not a tier.

I have already gone past what "suits" me though, I am expanding into other lines now.

Bordhaw #15 Posted 12 December 2018 - 11:29 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 14893 battles

View Postmikkiller, on 12 December 2018 - 06:58 PM, said:

Thoughts and opinions?

Block Quote

VII can be real fun, if the MM isn't too hard on you.

:medal:

SuedKAT #16 Posted 12 December 2018 - 11:54 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 12154 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
Tier 9 is hands down the best tier, you're for the most part not that worse than your Tier 10 counterpart and you get the best MM in the game. I have no issues with tier 5-7, it's for the most part quite fun but stock tanks and tiny maps like Ensk can put a dent in that rather quick. I find tier 1-4 to be a complete mess and can't say I want to stick around at those tiers longer than I need to, I also don't find the tanks down there especially enjoyable to play. Tier 10 on the other hand is so unbalanced and view range saturated that I don't find it find it fun at all, the maps are to small and the gameplay gets so stale.  Ohh and tier 8 just gets screwed over and over again by the 3-5-7 template that it's a wonder that WG haven't fixed it yet considering all their most expensive premium tanks are available at that tier. 

Edited by SuedKAT, 13 December 2018 - 12:01 AM.

PowJay #17 Posted 12 December 2018 - 11:57 PM

Major General

• Player
  • 39790 battles

View Postmikkiller, on 12 December 2018 - 09:56 PM, said:

Oh come on... Don't be one of those stat-people.. Just because someone has bad stats doesn't mean he's absolutely useless or bad in all .

i would have respect for you if you were having fun regardless of how well (or otherwise) you are playing,  but anyone who comes here at least appearing to criticise the game while demonstrating a complete lack of understanding and/or competence at the game is skating on thin ice. 

Not every vehicle is good in everyone's hands, but you admit that you don't enjoy the SU-100. Not surprising when you have less average damage than my tier IV TDs. Of course , this could just be the SU-100. But no. The StuG III G is an awesome TD, but you have less average damage than my tier II Tetrarch LT.

Maybe it's just TDs? Nope. Take the Ke-Ho. I've got 297 battles in this. In several games I've been top damage to tier VI vehicles. http://wotreplays.eu...ay-type_5_ke-ho 482 average damage. You have 175 HP/battle,  whuch I can beat with my tier I Leichtraktor.

Meds? Well looking at your Pz III/IV. One of my favourites. 437 average damage for me. 176 HP/battle for you, which I can beat with most of my tier III vehicles and even some tier II (and the Leichtraktor). Higher up the tiers: what's the story with the Super Pershing? I have tier IV vehicleswith over twice the average damage. 

Heavies? I can't comment as we don't have much in the way of common vehicles here, I'm not at my best in HTs. A fact that I've never denied. 

If, like some forum members,  you don't deny your performance but still have fun, I've got no problem with that. I regularly, openly admit my weaknesses as well as celebrating my strengths. You start a thread that appears to be pointless,  and whiney (and without clarification or useful content), and definitely don't demonstrate the competence to understand what it is that you're taking about.

Respect to you on your Centurion AX damage. It's a damn shame it doesn't translate into a positive WR. It often seems to be the case at tier X, I've found. You also seem to have a handle on the AMX 13 90, but LTs can't win battles with dumv teams.

These two tanks certainly seem to demonstrate that you can get things right- and at punishing higher tiers. Are you just rushing through low tiers as quickly as possible without giving a damn? You're going to miss some real gems.

Captain_Kremen0 #18 Posted 13 December 2018 - 12:08 AM

Captain

• Player
  • 39105 battles
  • [TFMB] TFMB

View Postwsatnutter, on 12 December 2018 - 07:00 PM, said:

Technically, as an opinion and not a statement he doesnt need facts. But then opinions are like arseholes - we all have them.

Jigabachi #19 Posted 13 December 2018 - 12:28 AM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 17948 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View Postmikkiller, on 12 December 2018 - 10:56 PM, said:

Oh come on... Don't be one of those stat-people.. Just because someone has bad stats doesn't mean he's absolutely useless or bad in all his/her games.

Not in all his matches, true. But "not all" is quite the rough and variable statement...

But that doesn't even matter. Every player should be able to tell others his favourite tiers and tanks to play. Stats don't matter there at all - as long as he doesn't start talking about how this and that is bad because of teams or other players or the lack of teamplay or whatnot. That would be something different and it would make people lose faith in mankind. 

Not the case here.

NoobySkooby #20 Posted 13 December 2018 - 12:37 AM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 16975 battles
  • [D3NK] D3NK

View PostJigabachi, on 13 December 2018 - 12:28 AM, said:

Not in all his matches, true. But "not all" is quite the rough and variable statement...

But that doesn't even matter. Every player should be able to tell others his favourite tiers and tanks to play. Stats don't matter there at all - as long as he doesn't start talking about how this and that is bad because of teams or other players or the lack of teamplay or whatnot. That would be something different and it would make people lose faith in mankind. 

Not the case here.

People say don't blame the teams but who here has not had the teams that just fold, and do the craziest things, I think it is a fair bet that everyone has.

Also tagged with Tiers, Tanks, Hardest, Worst, Triggering, Toxic

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users