• Please log in to reply
33 replies to this topic

Jigabachi #21 Posted 13 December 2018 - 12:45 AM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 17948 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View PostNoobySkooby, on 13 December 2018 - 12:37 AM, said:

People say don't blame the teams but who here has not had the teams that just fold, and do the craziest things, I think it is a fair bet that everyone has.

Not everyone, no. It's a matter of proportion. If someone is a burden for every team he is in, he shouldn't dare to talk badly about other players. At all. At least not as a cause of defeat or failure.

Balc0ra #22 Posted 13 December 2018 - 01:10 AM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 67913 battles
  • [WALL] WALL

Personally, tier 7 is my sweet spot. As in most there work with +2. Most are flexible, there are plenty of fun tanks. Tier 6 has a few too, but less so on the flexible and fun in a +2. You have the Cromwell, KV-85, Skoda T25 and SU-100 etc. And most tier 6 prem meds. But tier 7 "for me anyway" has the T29, T71, Comet, Swedish Leo.. heck even the St. Emil can be fun when you take 500 hp off a tier 9 med rushing across field. Tier 9 is nice as you get +1. But it still has some bad apples IMO tier for tier vs say 7. And lower down as in tier 4 and lower... You get less fun and more bad. And tier 5 has more "meh" then fun for me. 

But again... it's subjective and a matter of opinion. 

Robbie_T #23 Posted 13 December 2018 - 02:49 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 17554 battles
  • [BBMM] BBMM

Tier 6 and up rest i dont play.

And free xp till tier 6 always.

Procjon #24 Posted 13 December 2018 - 03:43 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 57166 battles

View Postmikkiller, on 12 December 2018 - 06:58 PM, said:

I-IV, meh, doesn't really matter fairly quick to get past ​- BEST - no worries about credits, games are fast so it is not painful to have loosing streaks

V-VI a real pain... Especially if it's not a tank for your taste. - MEH

VII-IX can be real fun, if the MM isn't too hard on you. ​- MEH

X can be fun too, but prem ammo and arty sort of ruins it ​- MEH

Thoughts and opinions?

Have a nice day and christmas by the way :teethhappy:

HF

XOR42 #25 Posted 13 December 2018 - 10:51 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 18366 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View Postmikkiller, on 12 December 2018 - 07:58 PM, said:

V-VI a real pain... Especially if it's not a tank for your taste.

Have a nice day and christmas by the way :teethhappy:

Why are you playing them if they are not to your taste? Won't the tanks that follow them also not be to your taste? (..and happy xmas!)

View Postmikkiller, on 12 December 2018 - 08:08 PM, said:

V-VI, the real pain of grinding and playing, especially when playing VI to get a tier VII, I am currently stuck on KV-85, Firefly, 59-16, M18 Hellcat, ARL V39 and Jagdpanzer IV and it's just a long road with pain to get to VII.

Again, it sounds like you are focused on the destination rather than the journey. If you learn the tanks you mention, you might start enjoying playing them rather than looking at them as obstacles to get past. I kid you not, if you feel stuck on the hellcat, I guarantee you, you are going to feel worse in the T25/2 and the following T28 prot.

90% of cases of people finding the game bad is because they have rushed through the tiers without learning the tanks they are playing or enjoying them. Yes, there are some stinker tanks out there, but the ones you list here are fine, if you take the time to understand how they work (and I don't just mean pressing the W key, I mean their roles, how to use them strategically etc).

PowJay #26 Posted 13 December 2018 - 01:46 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 36604 battles

View PostXOR42, on 13 December 2018 - 09:51 AM, said:

Lots of sensible stuff...

Top post. Well said. 

mikkiller #27 Posted 13 December 2018 - 02:50 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 12436 battles

View PostPowJay, on 12 December 2018 - 11:57 PM, said:

i would have respect for you if you were having fun regardless of how well (or otherwise) you are playing,  but anyone who comes here at least appearing to criticise the game while demonstrating a complete lack of understanding and/or competence at the game is skating on thin ice. 

Not every vehicle is good in everyone's hands, but you admit that you don't enjoy the SU-100. Not surprising when you have less average damage than my tier IV TDs. Of course , this could just be the SU-100. But no. The StuG III G is an awesome TD, but you have less average damage than my tier II Tetrarch LT.

Maybe it's just TDs? Nope. Take the Ke-Ho. I've got 297 battles in this. In several games I've been top damage to tier VI vehicles. http://wotreplays.eu...ay-type_5_ke-ho 482 average damage. You have 175 HP/battle,  whuch I can beat with my tier I Leichtraktor.

Meds? Well looking at your Pz III/IV. One of my favourites. 437 average damage for me. 176 HP/battle for you, which I can beat with most of my tier III vehicles and even some tier II (and the Leichtraktor). Higher up the tiers: what's the story with the Super Pershing? I have tier IV vehicleswith over twice the average damage. 

Heavies? I can't comment as we don't have much in the way of common vehicles here, I'm not at my best in HTs. A fact that I've never denied. 

If, like some forum members,  you don't deny your performance but still have fun, I've got no problem with that. I regularly, openly admit my weaknesses as well as celebrating my strengths. You start a thread that appears to be pointless,  and whiney (and without clarification or useful content), and definitely don't demonstrate the competence to understand what it is that you're taking about.

Respect to you on your Centurion AX damage. It's a damn shame it doesn't translate into a positive WR. It often seems to be the case at tier X, I've found. You also seem to have a handle on the AMX 13 90, but LTs can't win battles with dumv teams.

These two tanks certainly seem to demonstrate that you can get things right- and at punishing higher tiers. Are you just rushing through low tiers as quickly as possible without giving a damn? You're going to miss some real gems.

I appreciate your honesty but I think you misunderstood a bit, I do enjoy to play the game and I meant as in I love to play the SU 100 and Cromwell, they're so much fun. Of course not the only ones, but it just feels like VIs as a whole take longer to get through than let's say VIIs and IXs (since theyre like the evolutions and "spaces" if you could call it like that)

mikkiller #28 Posted 13 December 2018 - 03:18 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 12436 battles

View PostXOR42, on 13 December 2018 - 10:51 AM, said:

Why are you playing them if they are not to your taste? Won't the tanks that follow them also not be to your taste? (..and happy xmas!)

Again, it sounds like you are focused on the destination rather than the journey. If you learn the tanks you mention, you might start enjoying playing them rather than looking at them as obstacles to get past. I kid you not, if you feel stuck on the hellcat, I guarantee you, you are going to feel worse in the T25/2 and the following T28 prot.

90% of cases of people finding the game bad is because they have rushed through the tiers without learning the tanks they are playing or enjoying them. Yes, there are some stinker tanks out there, but the ones you list here are fine, if you take the time to understand how they work (and I don't just mean pressing the W key, I mean their roles, how to use them strategically etc).

It's not that I don't enjoy the Hellcat, it just takes so long to get to the next tier in it, when I look back at when I went through the cromwell it was like butter.. At least as I remember it, might be wrong - it's around 4 years ago now haha.

PowJay #29 Posted 13 December 2018 - 03:50 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 36604 battles

Why do you see them as something to get through? I have several tier III keepers from the regular tree, as well aa some gift Premiums. I enjoy playing them when I feel like it, and if you want to think of it as seal-clubbing, be my guest. How's about this battle with tier V MM? http://wotreplays.eu...owjay-marder_ii

At tier IV I also have several keepers from the regular tree. The ones I've kept do tend to demonstrate more than enough competence against tier V, and VI to some extent. As IV does not see II, and III does not see V, I feel that you do tend to find yourself as bottom tier to V and VI often enough that it can hardly be called seal-clubbing. But I love the ones I've kept.

Tier V and VI see the most tanks by tier that I've kept. I have played all of the tier V TDs apart from the Chinese. I've kept every one bar the AT2, lkv 103 and the Wolverine. Tier VI might just have more keeper tanks by tier than V. This, BTW, is one of my best Jackson battles. http://wotreplays.eu...ay-m36_jackson.

There's load of great tanks that many will skip through, pointlessly chasing a non-existent end-game they think is called tier X. Such a shame.

Grimmx #30 Posted 13 December 2018 - 04:22 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 13492 battles

Tier 5, 6, 7, 9

Tier 8 only in the right tank.

Tier 10 doesn’t seem like it’s going to be any fun. Not much experience, but it’s almost always crazy MM. Tier x only sluggfest.

Edited by Grimmx, 13 December 2018 - 04:24 PM.

kaneloon #31 Posted 13 December 2018 - 05:35 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 29176 battles
  • [OBLIC] OBLIC

View PostJigabachi, on 12 December 2018 - 07:18 PM, said:

For me it mostly depends on the tank. If the tank is fun, the tier only matters so much. I rather dislike the lower tiers because of the chaos and the higher tiers are just full of human bots, but there are still some tanks that are still borderline fun to play there. At least in theory...

I have another point of view : apart from a few tanks, I had great fun with every tank I played. Not every time, but at least some.

The only exceptions being : T-28, T28 Prot, KV-4 and St Emil ...

mikkiller #32 Posted 13 December 2018 - 06:26 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 12436 battles

I do enjoy tier X quite a lot from time to time, finally got an ace tanker for my Cent AX...

https://gyazo.com/f6...e8f9b70a64a1ab9

My first tier X, first tier X Ace tanker, and it was one heck of a fun game

Grimmx #33 Posted 13 December 2018 - 08:38 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 13492 battles

View Postkaneloon, on 13 December 2018 - 05:35 PM, said:

I have another point of view : apart from a few tanks, I had great fun with every tank I played. Not every time, but at least some.

The only exceptions being : T-28, T28 Prot, KV-4 and St Emil ...

Funny you should mention T-28 because I got “M” today. 3.9k and 5 kills. :)

Kv4 was good before but has been powercrept.

Its a pity tier X feels like it’s past it’s prime nowadays , because I’ve been an on and off player for years, and when I get there it’s over;)

Think about all those years with people padding as top dog, and now all we see is full tier X matches which suck tbh.

mikkiller #34 Posted 14 December 2018 - 09:26 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 12436 battles

View PostGrimmx, on 13 December 2018 - 08:38 PM, said:

Funny you should mention T-28 because I got “M” today. 3.9k and 5 kills. :)

Kv4 was good before but has been powercrept.

Its a pity tier X feels like it’s past it’s prime nowadays , because I’ve been an on and off player for years, and when I get there it’s over;)

Think about all those years with people padding as top dog, and now all we see is full tier X matches which suck tbh.

True..

Also tagged with Tiers, Tanks, Hardest, Worst, Triggering, Toxic

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users