pansy

• Please log in to reply
106 replies to this topic

Desyatnik_Pansy #1 Posted 13 December 2018 - 07:33 PM

Bartender

• Player
  • 18224 battles
  • [-GLO-] -GLO-

Requests will be taken from the 13th (today) until the 25th. I might extend it slightly depending on the number of requests, but that's unlikely. For people who requested tanks last year, I recommend checking them if you still have them to see if they work. If they don't, you can ask me to redo it the same tank.

Requests are no longer being accepted.

Alright, I said in my "Soon" thread about the 14th but I figured today would actually be better since I can actually immediately get started tonight rather than starting it tomorrow and not getting to do any until Saturday and Sunday. Unlike last year, there's no changes actually to the way I reskinned them since I'm still happy with how it is personally and it's easier for me who's rusty with modding lately to just use something I've already worked with than trying to create it anew for some dumb reason.

The other significant thing to point out is as listed in the bold above, if you requested a tank last year, that skin may not work anymore due to a recent update messing up skins a bit. Not that I'd prevent you from requesting something if you did last year, so don't worry about that if those skins actually do turn out to work. :teethhappy:

That out of the way, let's get to the rules again. For oldies, you've seen these already but it's mostly for the newer folks:

-only one request per person: this prevents someone just spamming requests for three different tanks and saves me the work, since surely some people can't settle on just one. Don't worry if someone requests the same tank as you, since there are different colour options you can just request a different colour (or a different tank!) free of charge.

-no remodels: I otherwise would say no non-HD Stuff but last I knew, everything is HD Now. I'd rather not try to reskin remodels because I have to ask for permission first and for some this might not really be possible (i.e Goodman12, RU Modder) and otherwise, there's all the issues that come with remodels and updates, such as this last one with the large decals messing up a bunch of remodels. Really, it just works better for us both. :P

-Gold, Silver, Bronze or Copper; or something else*: the main four are back again, as expected. I actually dunno if I still have the Copper colour saved BUT BOYS WE'LL FIND OUT. The main difference from previous years is I am totally open to different colours; they will still be metallic, just be to be clear. Think AliceUnchained's purple metallic E-50 From last year. Let's try not do multiple colours though or silly patterns, since I'd rather not have to spend a full day on just one tank when there's other requests to get through. The only issue with picking a different colour is obviously I have nothing prepared for it and so the colour will have to be experimented with a bit to actually get a version you're probably happy with, so I hope that if you're going to request one that you'll be active enough to subject to some PMs about different versions of it.

Finally, here is a proper previews screen of each of the different main options. It's just the same images from last year, but as I said, nothing should be different so it should still work:

Spoiler

Requests list (mostly just for me, but you can use it to maybe get an idea of where yours is). I'll edit download links to each one separately when they're uploaded:

Spoiler

Edited by Desyatnik_Pansy, 25 December 2018 - 04:22 PM.

FluffyRedFox #2 Posted 13 December 2018 - 07:36 PM

General

• Player
  • 25286 battles
  • [FLOOF] FLOOF
Can you do crayon camo?

Desyatnik_Pansy #3 Posted 13 December 2018 - 07:37 PM

Bartender

• Player
  • 18224 battles
  • [-GLO-] -GLO-

View PostFluffyRedFox, on 13 December 2018 - 06:36 PM, said:

Can you do crayon camo?

I'll ping spam you.

TsundereWaffle #4 Posted 13 December 2018 - 07:39 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 28356 battles
  • [LEWD] LEWD

View PostFluffyRedFox, on 13 December 2018 - 07:36 PM, said:

Can you do crayon camo?

can you do me?

View PostDesyatnik_Pansy, on 13 December 2018 - 07:33 PM, said:

I'll have one Dunkelgelb / desert Rhm Borsig please <3

Desyatnik_Pansy #5 Posted 13 December 2018 - 07:51 PM

Bartender

• Player
  • 18224 battles
  • [-GLO-] -GLO-

View PostTsundereWaffle, on 13 December 2018 - 06:39 PM, said:

I'll have one Dunkelgelb / desert Rhm Borsig please <3

When I said any other colour, I still kinda meant it's gonna end up shiny metallic. Dunkelgelb will end up similar to the Gold as a result, and rather than just making a normal Dunkelgelb Borsig myself, I'll advertise a different modder who has a full pack for the German tree (as far as I am aware):

https://classicswotworkshop.weebly.com/neue-dunkelgelb.html

FritzSpiegal #6 Posted 13 December 2018 - 07:54 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 22632 battles
It would be nice if the Skorpian G could be repainted.

Desyatnik_Pansy #7 Posted 13 December 2018 - 07:57 PM

Bartender

• Player
  • 18224 battles
  • [-GLO-] -GLO-

View PostFritzSpiegal, on 13 December 2018 - 06:54 PM, said:

It would be nice if the Skorpian G could be repainted.

The Skorp G Has forever had a non-camo version that just isn't available (though I have actually seen one in battle a good while ago now), so don't worry, it is possible for me to reskin it (since trying to reskin off of the normal skin would be a pain in the rear end). Borrowing an image from someone else:

Spoiler

All I need is a colour.

FritzSpiegal #8 Posted 13 December 2018 - 07:57 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 22632 battles

I seem to recall Aslain's mod pack used to offer an all black version but as I don't use mods now can't check.

Edited by FritzSpiegal, 13 December 2018 - 07:59 PM.

TsundereWaffle #9 Posted 13 December 2018 - 07:59 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 28356 battles
  • [LEWD] LEWD

View PostDesyatnik_Pansy, on 13 December 2018 - 07:51 PM, said:

When I said any other colour, I still kinda meant it's gonna end up shiny metallic. Dunkelgelb will end up similar to the Gold as a result, and rather than just making a normal Dunkelgelb Borsig myself, I'll advertise a different modder who has a full pack for the German tree (as far as I am aware):

https://classicswotworkshop.weebly.com/neue-dunkelgelb.html

Ah right, thanks

BrinklyWollox #10 Posted 13 December 2018 - 08:04 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 27533 battles

Can you paint me like one of your French girls?

Nishi_Kinuyo #11 Posted 13 December 2018 - 08:06 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 9159 battles
  • [GUP] GUP

Hm... somehow the thought of a shiny metallic sakura-coloured  (or hot pink) O-Ni comes to my mind. :teethhappy:

Bonus points if it gets big anime eyes on the turret cheeks, but that's probably too much work so I won't count on it.

Desyatnik_Pansy #12 Posted 13 December 2018 - 08:35 PM

Bartender

• Player
  • 18224 battles
  • [-GLO-] -GLO-

View PostFritzSpiegal, on 13 December 2018 - 06:57 PM, said:

I seem to recall Aslain's mod pack used to offer an all black version but as I don't use mods now can't check.

https://wgmods.net/120/

Unfortunately it might not work as of the last patch as it's still 1.2, with 1.3 Changing some vehicle ids or whatever it could cause crashes, so I'd wait and see whenever Milky updates it.

View PostStrappster, on 13 December 2018 - 07:04 PM, said:

Can you paint me like one of your French girls?

I'm sure Jogga has plenty of images of sexy French girls with the Dinger clan logo over their faces to fill in for me.

View PostNishi_Kinuyo, on 13 December 2018 - 07:06 PM, said:

Hm... somehow the thought of a shiny metallic sakura-coloured  (or hot pink) O-Ni comes to my mind. :teethhappy:

Bonus points if it gets big anime eyes on the turret cheeks, but that's probably too much work so I won't count on it.

:hiding:

wsatnutter #13 Posted 13 December 2018 - 08:44 PM

General

• Beta Tester
  • 26463 battles
  • [WSAT] WSAT
can you do a sprout camo please?

undutchable80 #14 Posted 13 December 2018 - 09:27 PM

Colonel

• Player
  • 12154 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
ooooooooooh, can I has a matt black M46 Patton pls!!!! :child:

Desyatnik_Pansy #15 Posted 13 December 2018 - 10:54 PM

Bartender

• Player
  • 18224 battles
  • [-GLO-] -GLO-

View Postwsatnutter, on 13 December 2018 - 07:44 PM, said:

can you do a sprout camo please?

No. :v

View Postundutchable80, on 13 December 2018 - 08:27 PM, said:

ooooooooooh, can I has a matt black M46 Patton pls!!!! :child:

It will be shiny, but you mean like this? If so, added to the OP.

Spoiler

undutchable80 #16 Posted 13 December 2018 - 11:45 PM

Colonel

• Player
  • 12154 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View PostDesyatnik_Pansy, on 13 December 2018 - 10:54 PM, said:

It will be shiny, but you mean like this? If so, added to the OP.

Spoiler

Sweeeeeeet! 

Dava_117 #17 Posted 14 December 2018 - 12:17 AM

Major General

• Player
  • 22679 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
Golden KV-4 or ST-I. The one you prefere. Last year KV-4 was epic! :)

Pansenmann #18 Posted 14 December 2018 - 02:22 AM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 36275 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View PostDava_117, on 14 December 2018 - 12:17 AM, said:

Golden KV-4 or ST-I. The one you prefere. Last year KV-4 was epic! :)

Golden KV-4 Please :medal:

Desyatnik_Pansy #19 Posted 14 December 2018 - 04:55 AM

Bartender

• Player
  • 18224 battles
  • [-GLO-] -GLO-

So the Matte Black M46 Patton and Golden KV-4 Are done, as you'll see immediately below, however I'm not uploading them just yet due to running into another issue (yay, first day and issues, fun!). 

Spoiler

So you might be wondering what's the issue? As mentioned in my "Soon.." thread just the other day WG Messed up something regarding reskinning in 1.1 Or something around that point. With these stuff I like to try to take the preview screenshots on higher graphics than what I use (high, so normally I'd used maximum), so setting it to that for the previews.. ah, turns out, the texture issue is still present.

Spoiler

But wait, why is it not appearing on the images above? Well, apparently, it seems that my method works fine on high graphics, but apparently not on anything higher (or lower)? 

*insert flipping table gif*

Luckily, I have a different method that should hopefully make it work, which I'll test tomorrow and hopefully that means I'll be able to actually upload them. If it turns out to not work, well, I'm gonna be pissed (though fair enough, I should have probably checked before starting the special again, but I kinda automatically assumed that there wouldn't be a problem like that).

undutchable80 #20 Posted 14 December 2018 - 08:22 AM

Colonel

• Player
  • 12154 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View PostDesyatnik_Pansy, on 14 December 2018 - 04:55 AM, said:

So the Matte Black M46 Patton and Golden KV-4 Are done, as you'll see immediately below, however I'm not uploading them just yet due to running into another issue (yay, first day and issues, fun!). 

Spoiler

So you might be wondering what's the issue? As mentioned in my "Soon.." thread just the other day WG Messed up something regarding reskinning in 1.1 Or something around that point. With these stuff I like to try to take the preview screenshots on higher graphics than what I use (high, so normally I'd used maximum), so setting it to that for the previews.. ah, turns out, the texture issue is still present.

Spoiler

But wait, why is it not appearing on the images above? Well, apparently, it seems that my method works fine on high graphics, but apparently not on anything higher (or lower)? 

*insert flipping table gif*

Luckily, I have a different method that should hopefully make it work, which I'll test tomorrow and hopefully that means I'll be able to actually upload them. If it turns out to not work, well, I'm gonna be pissed (though fair enough, I should have probably checked before starting the special again, but I kinda automatically assumed that there wouldn't be a problem like that).

Hot dayum son! :B:great::honoring:

Also tagged with pansy

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users