Are the loot boxes really worth their minimum amount?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

Cucumber_Man #1 Posted 13 December 2018 - 08:48 PM

Private

• Player
  • 11384 battles
  • [FRU1T] FRU1T

Okay, so I hope that Someone can correct me here but I thought that the whole idea of the loot boxes was that you get the value back in gold GUARANTEED 100% and anything extra is a bonus!

If you do some really basic maths, say you buy 3 boxes at their non-discounted price of £5.12 this means you are only guaranteed to get 750 gold worth £2.80 so where does the extra money go? The decorations? are they really worth 77-80 pence each? Because after around 25 boxes you can max out the festive garage and you no longer need them anymore.

Yes I know it's unlikely to "min roll" on every loot box but my point is it is entirely possible for you to actually not be better off buying the boxes and just to just buy the gold. 

In the campaign terms and conditions for the boxes they state "The price of each Box is at all times equal or lower the price of its content."  ,however, I also received this reply from war-gaming:

"The content of the loot boxes is random Commander but the description doesn't say that you will receive the value of what you spent."

These two sentences directly contradict each other!

Let me know what you all think about this!

Regards,

Cucumber_Man

gunslingerXXX #2 Posted 13 December 2018 - 09:25 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 11768 battles
  • [GUNSL] GUNSL

Its guaranteed based on the value WG sets on the premium time and credits.

For example they value 400 credits for 1 gold conversion ratio, 1 premium day is valued at 250 gold I think. If you use these conversion rates you are guaranteed to get your moneys worth.

If you value this stuff less, you might end up dissapointed. You are definitely not guaranteed to get the full amount back in actual gold.

Edited by gunslingerXXX, 13 December 2018 - 09:26 PM.

Nishi_Kinuyo #3 Posted 13 December 2018 - 11:18 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 8070 battles
  • [GUP] GUP

You're forgetting that, afaik, the 250 roll also comes with 100k credits valued at another 250 gold.

Which ups the effective minimum you're getting to 1500 gold, or €6,21 when a trio of boxes if €5,99.

Is it good value what you're getting?

No, not really.

But you get what you payed for, with a chance for more.

A whole lot better than lootboxes from other games, afaik.

Edited by Nishi_Kinuyo, 13 December 2018 - 11:19 PM.

Cucumber_Man #4 Posted 13 December 2018 - 11:21 PM

Private

• Player
  • 11384 battles
  • [FRU1T] FRU1T

View PostgunslingerXXX, on 13 December 2018 - 08:25 PM, said:

Its guaranteed based on the value WG sets on the premium time and credits.

For example they value 400 credits for 1 gold conversion ratio, 1 premium day is valued at 250 gold I think. If you use these conversion rates you are guaranteed to get your moneys worth.

If you value this stuff less, you might end up dissapointed. You are definitely not guaranteed to get the full amount back in actual gold.

Thanks for the clarification, that makes more sense now. So essentially boxes with single premium days and 100k credits are the worst as most people wouldn't value that at 250 gold as you can normally buy these "items" in bulk to save money but in the boxes it's at it's minimum base cost.

It would be nice if they did just use the base value in gold but hey ho I guess that's how they make their money.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users