• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

SoloCzech #1 Posted 15 December 2018 - 11:01 AM

Private

• Player
  • 14169 battles
  • [QSF-C] QSF-C

Hello everyone

Since its a while i made this topic: http://forum.worldof...086-wot-remake/ I think it is time to slightly update it. 

First of all please apologize my bad english. I made the topic quite while ago and I as well slowly lost interest in the game. The line for me was where I grind new lines → after I suffer throw black prince and had to play stock T8 constantly in t10 MM and then trying T9 with stock gun. I was simply annoyed to the level that I didtn play game for couple months (except for very few games). Hovewer christmas event is here so I give it a try again. Sadly nothing really changed so here are my opinions. 

I will try to touch several topics in game, but some points will touch more of those at once so take it more like that its here for better orientation. Something about myself Im a player that runs premium account (i have like 100 days of premium left), have 7 T8 premium tanks and couple lower tier premiums and i even invest some money in my friend account. Im decent player with above 2k WN8. Thats just to  make more clear from witch point of view im looking at the game. I simply think this game have to become more atractive for new players and less frustrating for veterans. And I will mainly try to stand up for free to play players and new players. Which I will explain at the end. So lets get started. I will allways try to write what i feel is the problem and then try to offer some suggestions. 

I will touch topics quite roufly and I will not go into to much details. If you have different opinion I will gladly read it as long as it reminds in a friendly discussion. I dont have any problems with changing my opinion if I will find out that yours is in the long term better for the game and players. For me I have 2 mayor issues with game in its current state template MM and premium rounds.

Maps:

I think WG made mostly god job. I still thinks some maps are badly balanced but I dont have statistics on what spawn on different maps is more dominant. On some maps faster tanks have advantage (like mines - hill etc.). We also have some few new maps, so overall I can woud just maybe take closer attantion to some maps like Live oaks, highway etc. Also It woud be nice to return some of the old maps in HD and properly balanced.

Tanks:

Here I have several issues. Game simply need more variety and Im not speaking about new tanks. I think all of the tanks shoud be balanced against its competition, which simply isnt hapening. Some tanks are terrible for years and it is being ignored (for example Black prince, st. emil, m3 lee, aet.). Unfortunately even when WG changed the tech tree or line they are allways focusing to T8 - T10 and ignore lower tiers.With so many buffs to T9, T10 tanks lowet tier are less competitive every time one of these changes happens → this with bad template MM forced players to play higher tiers which makes MM even worse. Its just a magic circle. 

Suggestion: Overall there are statistics what tanks are popular and good based on their win rating and games played. So it shoud be quite easy to detect bad tanks and unpopular tanks and try to do something about it. And nerf tanks that are well above average. Just make sure every tank is balanced and not ignore them. There are tanks that I used to love but now they are so power creeped that I didnt played them for long time.

Tier difference:

Overall Im fun of +-2 MM. Hovewer i feel the difference btw tiers is just to big. Since it is quite obvious that game is focusing on T9 - T10 games all of the other tiers are suffering. Some new tanks feels like they are being balanced aournd T10 premium rounds and not around its competition. So if T8 HT even after loading premium round have less than 40% to pen some of the new tanks even if hit its weak spots its simply brutal. Especially when tanks like Type 5 can 3-4 shot Is3 and pretty much any other T8 HT dont even have a chance to pen it or fight back.

Suggestion: I think the best sollution woud be to lower the HP difference btw tiers. The difference is simply way to big. Simply if you are in +2 MM you cant trade HP very effectively and also you dont have the HP to sucrifice to make some bold moves. At the same time lower tiers are suffering the most since T1-T4 simply have extremely high dpm in compare to their HP pool. Which eventually makes the game less enjoyable, becouse new players cant make mistake. Games also become way to fast recently which is mainly becouse of prem spam.

MM:

The biggest problem with the old MM was unbalanced teams (differen distribution of tiers in teams, different ammount of tank types, different weight/ hp polls etc). It was quite normal that you vere only Tx tank in game, it was normal that one team had 10 TD on malinovka map and the other team had 1. Also and this sadly more or less is happening still one team had sometimes weight/hp advantage (city map maus matched against amx 50b or grille X T110 E3).

While you solved most of the problems you sadly introduced template system.  It simply automaticaly sets the game to the state when if you will go 15 games only 3 times you will be top tier ond 8 times you will be at the bottom. Especially T8 tanks suffers mostly in T10 games and if they finally get top tier MM its +-0.

Suggestion: I think it will be beter if the team tier spread have different rule. Something like there will be at least 4 tanks from every tier in +-2 and at least 6 tanks in +-1MM. Or just keep current MM and remove template system completely.

Low tier game:

At this time low tier is simply way to brutal for new players. They start with 75% crew at best couse its expensive to upgarde 4 crew members to 75% especialy if you will play only 10-15 battles with them. Also new players have to be protected and they need help or they will never stay with this game to maybe eventually even consider to invest some money in it.

Suggestion: T1-T4 shoud have automaticaly 100% crew. At the same time these tanks shoud receive free equipment. Simply these tiers shoud function as a tutorial. It shoud explain to new players what equipment is doing what and how to use it explain them game mechanics and introduce them to the game. Now they are simply thrown in to the game and let at the mercy of experienced players.

Equipment:

I think equipment is good in the game but I think it deserve something new. It simply feels like there are few valid options and everything else is worthless.

Suggestion: Since the camuflage have been made for seprate parts I feel like it woud be a good idea to make the same for equipment. Simply make the equipment cheeper so the total prize for fully equiped tank is the same and increased the slot (hull, turret, gun, commander, crew or even tracks, or gun handling). And every slot will have a choice of few equipment pieces like for example commander can use only optics or binocs, track can use only spall liner or suspension, crew can use toolbox or alternative for fire etc. Simply made same rebalancing so every piece of equipment is worth it on some tanks and make players choose. Only the total prize shoud stay the same.

Crew training:

I have very similar feeling like with equipment. I like the idea but I think it needs some fresh air. 

Suggestion: For first i woud maybe partition the crew and class specific skills. So you can train at the same time one skill like repairs, camo, BIA etc. and one class specific skill like six sence. At the same time i think it is time to introduce more new skills which woud more or less do very similar things as the equipment. Also skills that are active after reaching 100 % shoud be changed. Six sence is crucial for a LT so I think every skill shoud be active from 1% (simply at 1% six sence will inform you after 4s or 4,5s instead of 3s and the time will get better). 

Overall for equipment and crew training:

I think these two things shoud give players chance to specialized tank in some direction. Give them chance to slightly increase gun deppresion or acuracy of the tank or specialized the same tank in dpm or gun handling (like new gun choices on T54). Or give chance to decide if you want to specialized your LT in passive or active scouting and make different camuflage skills for steady and moving tank or even after fire )not big bud some). And also made some skills possibly class specific. 

Tank informations:

Players have to have ingame acces to tank related informations.The fact that players have to go visit external web page to get informations about soft stats and specific armor model is simply bad.

Suggestion: Players shoud have ingame possibility to see soft stats and armor models for education and better undestranding of the game. it simply feels like game is dishones with player when they read that tank have XX mm of armor and then find out that its simply on a very small part (like Tiger p) or if they expect that the gun will be accurate based on in game informations and then on the web page founds its totaly diferent story, couse they will have to wait eternity to reach that acuracy.

PVE:

Problems is that sometimes players are unlucky and get bad games in row. Very often I found myself that i wanted to play another game but simply I dont have the nerves.

Suggestion: Players need some relaxing game mods. fair enough i can understand that they will get less exp, but peoples sanity is important as well. 

I think this is also a good way to teach players some things. Game mods where map will be long and narrow. Maps with dust, fog or night to lower view range of every class except of LT. NPC will assault and player team will be made of TD, SPG and LT. Where LT job will be spot and others to prevent the assault.

Or game mods where team will be made of MT, HT, SPG, where HT will have to defend long enought to give time to MT to flank and ambush NPC from behind. etc.

Simply made some missions so that we have some game modes where we can relax. 

GIVE US BACK THE FRONTLINE. It was one of if not the best idea you had in yeaers.

Missions x bonds x ranked battle mode:

When you introduce bonds I actualy though they are nice and it is a good idea, but I tottaly overestimated you. I was expecting that this will be implemented totally diferently. My expectation was daily, weekly and monthly rewards. The fact that the best equipment is only accesible by ranked battle mode is just wrong. From my pow its just greedy to force players to play T10 tanks and encourage them to spam premium ammo. Daily missions shoud have been in the game for years anyway. Very often Im not in the mood for wot and after i log in, there is nothing to motivate me to play a game so i turnt it off, or sometime I rather choose to watch some wot video rather than play wot myself.

Suggestion: Ranked battle mode supose to be a content for experienced players to try to play against others of more or less the same skill. Rewards shoud be more or less cosmetic, badges, speacial camous or special cosmetic things to put on the tank. Or as some games did it give the best players title. Make bonds a daily, weekly and a monthly reward or remove tham completely. Or change their purpose and remove enhanced equipment.

Grind:

Sometimes it feels like some tanks have very, very difficult stock grind (M46 for example) and some tanks have just very very difficult grind.

Suggestion: Lower exp required to fully unlock the tank and increase the amount for unlocking the next tank. Currently I rather spend all my free exp to fully unlock lower tier tank and Im playing higher tier tanks only during 5x with 100 personal reserves to unlock all. Also if T10 tank have 2 guns to choose from they shoud have been unlocked with the tank.

Free to play players:

I think this game simply need more players. Players will allways start as free to play and if they will find this game worth their money they will invest some. Therefore new player and free to play players simply have to enjoy this game more than now. I saw that on my friend that played this game as free to play.

Suggestion: The only point I will specialy write here is garage and baracs slots. You cant expect that players will like this game if they can have only very limited number of tanks in their garage at the same time. I think weekly or monthly mission reward shoud do the trick. 

New players:

Most have been allready been writen. So i will focuse again at one point and thats the nice recruit thing WG have. First it doesnt really work wery well. I sended this to my frind that havent been playing for 6 months and well since he played more than 100 games on his account I coudnt recruit him. Second most players most likely doesnt even know they can get something for recruit someone. Trird I think the reward shoud be more interesting bor both sides.

Suggestion: just solved above :D. Every player that didnt played for a long time shoud have had chance to be recruited. Both players shoud get better rewards than know and mainly everyone shoud know how to do it and what they will get (WG make bloody obvious what they can get from loot boxes during holidays, so it shoudnt be too difficult). 

XWM:

This mode is simply bad for the game. It brings few good things, but mostly good players are able to use it effectively. Other than that it brings more frustration, focuse targeting, premium spam (to get "better" color), toxic language etc. And at the same time not everyone is using it, so it brings unfair advantage.

Suggestion: Leave the good things like information what tank exactly have been spotted, additional informations in garage, relocate equipment, crew etc. Other than that XWM doesnt bring anything good and it shoud have been remove. And yes Im XVM user myself.

Arty:

While lot of players dont like the new arty mechanic i have to say I think you managed to get it right. Game have to be fun for both arty and non arty players. I personaly dont play arty, it just isnt my play style. But I understand why some players hate new mechanic even more. 

Suggestion: To be completely honest I think again removing XWM woud help this. Very often arty is only thing that can react against tanks in dominant possition. Sadly it feels like they sometimes dont make decisions based on dominant position of tanks but on WN8. Also maybe crew skill that works similar to 6th sence but for arty aim (info that you are beeing targeted), if you woud do this I woud understand if arty gets better aim time against targetes under "request fire" mark to compensate the X arty skill. 

Premium rounds:

First thing first. I think premium rounds have to stay in game for simply reasons stock guns and +2 MM. Strangely T9 a T10 tanks are the worst in this regard. This tanks have access to T10 guns which shoud have been balanced against its competition. So either there was plans to introduced higher that T10 or the game design is simply bad. Strangely enough T9 and T10 tanks have the biggest increase of penetration on premium rounds.

Suggestion: My suggestion is quite simply make loadout another balancing mechanic. Simply take every tank and every gun on it in the game and specify how many of these rounds they will be alowed to carry. Stock guns will have more offcourse. T10 tanks will have very limited access. At the same time lower the prize so even free to play players have chance to use it. I understand that premium tank owners will be against, but if this woud be implemented at the same time as HP poll buffes... it woudnt been nerf, only a rebalance. 

Game experience:

Well overall I think I touched everything except suicide and FF.

Suggestion: For suicide a think you shoud simply get 0 exp from the game and increased repair costs. For FF best think will be most likely redirect 50/50% so if you will shot someone with 400 alpha gun you will both take 200 + the repair costs etc. Not realistic but in real life in tank battles you woud want to keep you buddy alive and not kill him becouse he take your bush. OR maybe charge way more credits for FF.

Money:

I understand that Wg have to live from something and they need to earn money. So I will try to say what things woud make me interesting. And for what things I woud be interested to pay my money. First I think premium players shoud not have advantage, but only better access. 

Suggestion: I think premium time works nice but i guess it needs something to make it more interesting for players. What I think woud be really nice to implement for premium account players is that they will no longer have to wait for a tank which is in battle. Simply if I get destroyed i will leave the game and start new one in the same tank.Other things I woud spend some gold is more camoflage possibilities (I woud like to change my T26e5 p). Also I bloody like the new 3d camo. This is the think that makes ppl interested (at least on west market). Also give us choice to change the look of garage, to pay gold for more crew on the map, or to see more tanks etc. I think there shoud be also something like Mark of excelence camo. Where players will instantly know that this player have 3 marks only by the fact how cool and battle worn his tank looks like.

Conclussion:

I simply love this game and want it to be here for a long time. Thats why i wrote this and I hope something of it or different better sollutions will be applied. I simply think this game need more new players and new players needs to see this game worth to spend some time and possibly money on it. At this time I feel like new player will meet panzer II J, than B2, than E25 (most likely found out that ithey are only accesibly from real money) and at the same time if they will choose wrong tech tree at the begining (like british HT) they will stop playing at tier 6 and most likely wont start to play another tech tree. Eventually as free to play players slowly leaving games the concentration of specialy premium rounds in the game is starting to be boring. The game is simply getting less enjoyable. 

WG allready made some ingame surveys. So just do another one. I understand that ppl that dont like thinks ussualy made most noise. So just make a satisfaction survey which will e dedicated on opinions about premium ammo, MM, map balance, tank balance, etc. just a current state of tjhe game There is a christmas event atm so you will not get more opinion than atm.

SoloCzech (QSF - C)

10:08 Added after 6 minutes

btw 4tankersanddog made an exelent video about MM so if you are interested:

https://www.youtube....h?v=ks_TW7_sLMo

edit:

Well since WG released their plans for 2019 soon after i made this topic, lot of my points seems to be allready adressed and it looks like a step in a right dirrection :)

Edited by SoloCzech, 15 December 2018 - 07:25 PM.

wsatnutter #2 Posted 15 December 2018 - 11:10 AM

General

• Beta Tester
  • 25651 battles
  • [WSAT] WSAT
well written however I don't agree with all points you make such as tank in battle go back to garage  and take same tank out that's not on.

_bitter_end_ #3 Posted 15 December 2018 - 11:26 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 55955 battles
I have been playing for some time and battles now and i finally come to a statement about what i hate the most in the game (and what could make me love the game 1000% more after a significant buff): The accuracy... The totally unreliable guns and brutally annoying shot dispersion inside the aiming circle causes a lot of frustration. I can already swallow a lot of WGs disgusting wot features, but what i cant is this.... Why cant we have more infuence on where our shots are going? We should have a much larger chance for our shots to go perfectly into the middle of the aiming circle, at least when fully aimed. Please, buff accuracy and shot dispersion.

Eaglax #4 Posted 15 December 2018 - 11:45 AM

Colonel

• Player
  • 19254 battles

after more than 7 years there is still not an armor display like the one on tanks.gg in the game itself. Not even the most simplified version of just displaying the nominal armor plates in different colors. You still have to use 3rd party sites, not even official ones, to inform yourself, otherwise you have to rely on the useless "front / side / back" armor values.

Not even speaking of useful INGAME guides regarding the key mechanics of the game, like viewrange+camo, overmatch, riccochets, ect.

slitth #5 Posted 15 December 2018 - 11:50 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 12459 battles
  • [AL-EU] AL-EU

View PostSoloCzech, on 15 December 2018 - 10:01 AM, said:

Crew training:

I have very similar feeling like with equipment. I like the idea but I think it needs some fresh air. 

Suggestion: For first i woud maybe partition the crew and class specific skills. So you can train at the same time one skill like repairs, camo, BIA etc. and one class specific skill like six sence. At the same time i think it is time to introduce more new skills which woud more or less do very similar things as the equipment. Also skills that are active after reaching 100 % shoud be changed. Six sence is crucial for a LT so I think every skill shoud be active from 1% (simply at 1% six sence will inform you after 4s or 4,5s instead of 3s and the time will get better). 

Overall for equipment and crew training:

I think these two things shoud give players chance to specialized tank in some direction. Give them chance to slightly increase gun deppresion or acuracy of the tank or specialized the same tank in dpm or gun handling (like new gun choices on T54). Or give chance to decide if you want to specialized your LT in passive or active scouting and make different camuflage skills for steady and moving tank or even after fire )not big bud some). And also made some skills possibly class specific. 

I would just move all XP and skills to the commander, and have the rest of the crew be a pure aesthetic in the garage.

I would even go so far as making the aesthetic crewmembers be lock to the tank they are in.

I would do this to equalise the tank in terms of skill and levelling.

Right now a 2 man tank can only level 2 skill up vs a 5 man tank that can level up 5 skills.

It will also make it easier to manage move crew around if you only have to worry about one crewmember.

If you want to simplify it even more then change the specific tank training to specific class training.

So a commander of a German E50 become a command of German medium tanks.

Kikac37 #6 Posted 15 December 2018 - 12:07 PM

Private

• Player
  • 26640 battles
  • [DSQ] DSQ
The biggest problem in wot is that they nerf and buff tanks behind player's back.
For example e4 - avg roll 750
               - real avg roll 650
268 4 - avg 650
      - real 750

+

arty that is op in many situations. stun -  300 or 500hp and + dead crew. not to mention that they have better acc, faster aim and reload

+
after every patch some tanks become op and the other are not worth playing. The winner is team with op tanks

SoloCzech #7 Posted 15 December 2018 - 01:01 PM

Private

• Player
  • 14169 battles
  • [QSF-C] QSF-C

View PostKikac37, on 15 December 2018 - 12:07 PM, said:

The biggest problem in wot is that they nerf and buff tanks behind player's back.
For example e4 - avg roll 750
- real avg roll 650
268 4 - avg 650
- real 750

+

arty that is op in many situations. stun - 300 or 500hp and + dead crew. not to mention that they have better acc, faster aim and reload

+
after every patch some tanks become op and the other are not worth playing. The winner is team with op tanks

I ussualy feel like they somehow manage to make some T10 tank OP before new ranked seaason, but maybe Im wrong :D

Bordhaw #8 Posted 15 December 2018 - 01:08 PM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 12830 battles

View PostSoloCzech, on 15 December 2018 - 10:01 AM, said:

Hello everyone

Since its a while i made this topic: http://forum.worldof...086-wot-remake/ I think it is time to slightly update it. 

First of all please apologize my bad english. I made the topic quite while ago and I as well slowly lost interest in the game. The line for me was where I grind new lines → after I suffer throw black prince and had to play stock T8 constantly in t10 MM and then trying T9 with stock gun. I was simply annoyed to the level that I didtn play game for couple months (except for very few games). Hovewer christmas event is here so I give it a try again. Sadly nothing really changed so here are my opinions. 

I will try to touch several topics in game, but some points will touch more of those at onc.....................and that ppl that dont like thinks ussualy made most noise. So just make a satisfaction survey which will e dedicated on opinions about premium ammo, MM, map balance, tank balance, etc. just a current state of tjhe game There is a christmas event atm so you will not get more opinion than atm.

Archaean #9 Posted 15 December 2018 - 01:24 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 16029 battles
  • [S4LT] S4LT
My stats provide a natural xvm protection. Being craphas its merits!

fighting_falcon93 #10 Posted 15 December 2018 - 01:48 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 32148 battles

Good job with your post OP. I might not agree with all of it, but it's still a good post because you've brought forward your opinion in a constructive way. The parts that I'm mainly disagreeing with are:

- Maps: In my opinion, WG have not done a good job with the maps. Most of the maps we have are either full of corridors, or they have a massive obstacle in the middle. Not to mention their way of intentionally designing locations for certain tank classes.

- Tier difference: In my opinion, having a +/- 2 tiers spread is not good for the game. It's not fun to have to play against tanks that are 2 tiers higher, and it's a nightmare to balance because the same tank has to be competetive against +2 tiers, but also not OP against -2 tiers. This creates an indirect tier spread of 4 tiers. No wonder things like armor, penetration, alpha, view range etc is difficult to get right with such large tier spreads.

- Artillery: In my opinion, they did not get it right at all. They made it more boring to play artillery, and they made it even more annoying to get hit by artillery. The whole artillery mechanic doesn't suit into this game, and thus it should be removed and replaced with call-ins. These call-ins should be given to light tanks and allow them to use abilities such as off-map artillery barrages, dive bombers, aircraft strafing runs, recon planes etc.

- Premium ammo: In my opinion, premium ammo should definitely not be kept in the game. Stock grinds can be solved in other ways and +2 tiers MM should be removed. The only thing premium ammo does is to create an unfair performance gap between players with a little or a lot of credits. It also creates massive balancing problems since if they balance armor against premium ammo, it becomes too strong for standard ammo, and if them balance it against standard ammo, premium ammo players will be able to penetrate everything. Premium ammo/consumables should be completely removed and instead added as stadard variants with different characterstics and the same price.

Even if we don't fully agree, +1 to you for bringing forward your opinion :great:

View PostBordhaw, on 15 December 2018 - 01:08 PM, said:

Why do you have to come into every single thread and post a gif? Look at your posting history, it seems you never actually write something useful or constructive, you just post some stupid gif and try to make fun of everyone and everything. Really, if you have nothing better to say sometimes it's just better to not post at all.

Anymn #11 Posted 15 December 2018 - 02:16 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 19259 battles
  • [RHPA] RHPA

Just my € 0,02.

• Maps: strongly disagree. WG screwed it completely, as we got many corridor maps now. Winning or Losing on those maps is most likely a dice game: do you send enough tanks to a certain corridor? Sure, that creates a nice 50% balance in overall win ratio, but I rather have more Redshire and less Pilsen maps.
  • Tanks: slightly agree. Tanks are definitely unbalanced now. Wargaming should balance them, but shouldn't look purely to win rate and number of players. They should make a 'pick 2 out of 3 list': Armor, Mobility, Gun power, and balance all tanks accordingly, while leaving enough options for variation. (High alpha = low DPM, low alpha = high DPM)
  • Tier difference: slightly disagree. I do think +2mm is not a problem. It is however a problem that everyone can shoot gold and snapshot like a boss. The game has become too fast for +2mm, and it is the game speed that should be lowered. Not by changing HP or Alpha damage, but by reworking accuracy and removing gold ammo, slowing down heavies again and forcing people to need to fully aim.

By the way, take a look at WG fest. They are likely to announce some game changing elements today.

Long_Range_Sniper #12 Posted 15 December 2018 - 02:57 PM

General

• Player
  • 34109 battles
  • [-MM] -MM

What the Dickens? Well it is Xmas I suppose.

View Postfighting_falcon93, on 15 December 2018 - 12:48 PM, said:

- Maps: In my opinion, WG have not done a good job with the maps. Most of the maps we have are either full of corridors, or they have a massive obstacle in the middle. Not to mention their way of intentionally designing locations for certain tank classes.

Any player will have bias towards certain sorts of maps. When analysing maps you have to put them into the rotation of all maps. Having a corridor map isn't a bad thing, the same as having an open map isn't a bad thing as long as there are sufficient in rotation to give all players a chance for their tank to do well on some maps. If you're a good player you'll make all your tanks do well on all maps.

I personally feel there's a trend towards corridor maps for new designs, but the game must also try and generate retention for new players, and if they're easier to play for new players and it's the price experienced players have to pay then I've not got a problem. Just make sure the rotation is balanced.

- Tier difference: In my opinion, having a +/- 2 tiers spread is not good for the game. It's not fun to have to play against tanks that are 2 tiers higher, and it's a nightmare to balance because the same tank has to be competetive against +2 tiers, but also not OP against -2 tiers. This creates an indirect tier spread of 4 tiers. No wonder things like armor, penetration, alpha, view range etc is difficult to get right with such large tier spreads.

Changing the tier spread is the argument of Xmas past. The game has too many tanks designed for +2 now that changing it would change so much and not address the fundamental issue which is the rotation and bias towards 3/5/7. Change the rotation so you get equal games over a spread of top middle and bottom, and -+2 isn't an issue.

- Artillery: In my opinion, they did not get it right at all. They made it more boring to play artillery, and they made it even more annoying to get hit by artillery. The whole artillery mechanic doesn't suit into this game, and thus it should be removed and replaced with call-ins. These call-ins should be given to light tanks and allow them to use abilities such as off-map artillery barrages, dive bombers, aircraft strafing runs, recon planes etc.

This is the argument of present day Xmas, and unlikely to change in any way. Too many players have arty in their garage or XP earned for them to remove it and give an alternative indirect fire mode. You need to consider what's possible for WG to do, and that is cap arty at high tiers to one tier 10, two 9/8, two 8's, two 8/7, two 7's or three 7/6's and below. That is simple to do, and if they won't do it then it adds to the argument that arty does more for WG than gameplay.

- Premium ammo: In my opinion, premium ammo should definitely not be kept in the game. Stock grinds can be solved in other ways and +2 tiers MM should be removed. The only thing premium ammo does is to create an unfair performance gap between players with a little or a lot of credits. It also creates massive balancing problems since if they balance armor against premium ammo, it becomes too strong for standard ammo, and if them balance it against standard ammo, premium ammo players will be able to penetrate everything. Premium ammo/consumables should be completely removed and instead added as stadard variants with different characterstics and the same price.

This is the argument of Xmas future. You can't base an argument on economy when the game is awash with credits. You can only make an argument on how much benefit you get for your credits. For example,. in the 100 LT, a 230 pen standard round costs 880 credits, the premium round costs 4400 credits and has penetration of 248, That's 18mm more pen for a much slower AP round? This is what needs balancing.

The argument that it creates a performance gap over players without credits is just an introspective argument. Viewed holistically the game is flooded with credits so if you're not spending them wisely that's personal choice.

You've had three arguments from the past, present and future. Go on, spend some money! Don't let Tiny Timmy Tank go out in the cold with standard ammo this Xmas.........:mellow:

Why do you have to come into every single thread and post a gif? Look at your posting history, it seems you never actually write something useful or constructive, you just post some stupid gif and try to make fun of everyone and everything. Really, if you have nothing better to say sometimes it's just better to not post at all.

It's Xmas.......throw some cheer around.

Image result for santa hug gif

Leadfire #13 Posted 15 December 2018 - 03:07 PM

Sergeant

• Beta Tester
  • 7792 battles

View PostLong_Range_Sniper, on 15 December 2018 - 01:57 PM, said:

Don't let Tiny Timmy Tank go out in the cold with standard ammo this Xmas.........:mellow:

That got me right in the feels.:(.......and so,Tim is going out with a full Gold loadout this Christmas!

Long_Range_Sniper #14 Posted 15 December 2018 - 03:14 PM

General

• Player
  • 34109 battles
  • [-MM] -MM

View PostLeadfire, on 15 December 2018 - 02:07 PM, said:

That got me right in the feels.:(.......and so,Tim is going out with a full Gold loadout this Christmas!

Image result for tiny tim gonzo gif

Well, we are all muppets on the forum.

Balc0ra #15 Posted 15 December 2018 - 03:16 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 67999 battles
  • [WALL] WALL

Sure there is a tier difference. But giving someone more HP to trade when he can't pen it etc is not gonna help. Tbh on some tiers, it's not +2 tanks that is the issue. It's equal tier games. And having more HP there won't help my IS-6 etc. They need to sort out some of the old guns etc that was fine 6 metas ago first. 

As for MM... Template is the issue there. I don't get why everything has to be a set number. And 3 is the worst number they could have picked. Just have max number for top and mid tier. Give MM room to work as he needs, and use the MM formula to get less +2 games tested on SEA. That's it.

And for crew? WG should look at blitz and what they did the last update. They removed 50% crews, 75% is now free, and 100% costs silver. But the XP needed to get from 75 to 100 is also way, way less there. 

Edited by Balc0ra, 15 December 2018 - 03:17 PM.

fighting_falcon93 #16 Posted 15 December 2018 - 03:23 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 32148 battles

View PostLong_Range_Sniper, on 15 December 2018 - 02:57 PM, said:

[you're wrong bla bla bla you're wrong bla bla bla you're wrong]

And ofc LRS is here again, telling others players that their opinion is factually wrong, by using his own opinion. Dude seriusly you're really starting to get boring. If you want to say that someone is wrong, then show that with facts and not your own little opinion. For once finally grasp the 2 most basic points in any discussion; 1) An opinion can never be wrong, and, 2) In order to state that someone is wrong, you need facts, not your own opinion. As always, having a discussion with you is as pointless as always, so I'm not wasting any more time on you.

Long_Range_Sniper #17 Posted 15 December 2018 - 04:17 PM

General

• Player
  • 34109 battles
  • [-MM] -MM

View Postfighting_falcon93, on 15 December 2018 - 02:23 PM, said:

If you want to say that someone is wrong, then show that with facts and not your own little opinion. 

It is a fact that I never said you were wrong.

I offered an opinion in a constructive Xmas way. You know, the thing you do when you disagree with someone. Let me remind you of how that works below.

I might not agree with all of it, but it's still a good post because you've brought forward your opinion in a constructive way. The parts that I'm mainly disagreeing with are:

Now, have a read back on what you wrote, and see if I said you were wrong or whether I offered an opinion

If you want facts to back up my opinion then I can state a few.

• WG just rewarded many players with millions of credits.
  • The Xmas bonus season is amongst us with millions of credits up for grabs with freely earned boosters and missions.

It is therefore my considered opinion based on these facts that the game has many millions of extra credits floating around at the moment. The rest of my post is obviously my opinion.

If it's OK for you to offer an opinion without facts, why isn't ok for someone else to offer an opinion?

SoloCzech #18 Posted 15 December 2018 - 05:17 PM

Private

• Player
  • 14169 battles
  • [QSF-C] QSF-C
well have to say that new post on wot web about 2019 plans looks nice :D

Bordhaw #19 Posted 15 December 2018 - 05:31 PM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 12830 battles

Because whilst we appreciate the time and effort the OP put into making this thread, ultimately it's a waste of time.

http://forum.worldoftanks.eu/index.php?/topic/693605-what%e2%80%99s-coming-in-2019/

fighting_falcon93 #20 Posted 15 December 2018 - 05:36 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 32148 battles

View PostBordhaw, on 15 December 2018 - 05:31 PM, said:

Because whilst we appreciate the time and effort the OP put into making this thread, ultimately it's a waste of time.

http://forum.worldoftanks.eu/index.php?/topic/693605-what%e2%80%99s-coming-in-2019/

First of all, he wrote this before the article got posted. Secondly, it doesn't hurt to share his opinion anyway. Look closely into the article you linked, WG is asking for feedback even in that article.

Also tagged with MM, premium, balance, tanks

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users