• Please log in to reply
65 replies to this topic

The_Wallet_Warrior #1 Posted 16 December 2018 - 08:37 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 10416 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

My fellow Tankers, 

Whine has been spilt. Salt has been mined in abundance. The tears of free-to-play forumites has collected into a Sea of Self-pity. 

There has been much discussion and debate on not only the IS-3A itself but also around the availability of the tank, and that essentially you need to gamble on loot-boxes to obtain one. The morality and ethics of this has been discussed in great detail: what has our game become, where is our game going, what are the immediate ramifications of recent events? 

The Community Contributors across the globe are in disarray and rebelling against the WarGaming teat that they have suckled on for years, the toys have been thrown from the pram and the hand that fed them has been bit until it became a bleeding husk. 

Many opinions have been given on the IS-3A, but this: this is the humble opinion of The_Wallet_Warrior. In my quest to form this opinion, battles were played, gold was spammed and credits spent. Therefore, without further ado: the REAL problem with the IS-3A is...

Nothing. Nothing at all. It's an excellent and brilliantly fun tank to play. Could do with an armour buff though. I henceforth bestow upon it the coveted The_Wallet_Warrior Seal of OPproval. Let the glorious whine and salt flow!

shot_002.jpg

shot_004.jpg

shot_005.jpg

The_Wallet_Warrior Seal of OPproval.png

Cast0r #2 Posted 16 December 2018 - 11:58 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 38160 battles
Your best game ever! and it only cost you £100 quids, awesome, way to go you :D

The_Wallet_Warrior #3 Posted 17 December 2018 - 12:21 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 10416 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View PostCast0r, on 16 December 2018 - 10:58 PM, said:

Your best game ever! and it only cost you £100 quids, awesome, way to go you :D

Actually my best game ever was in the Strv 103B where I got 8,000+ damage in a battle, it only cost me about £200 in that instance because I am not some poor cuck that has to grind up a line, I just used gold to convert Free XP and done with it. 

EDIT: oh and the IS-3A only cost me £10 since it came in the 3rd (of 6 loot boxes). 

Edited by The_Wallet_Warrior, 17 December 2018 - 12:25 AM.

humphrey10 #4 Posted 17 December 2018 - 12:37 AM

Private

• Player
  • 28963 battles

I find it very hard to believe that WG will deliver on all their promised 'fixes' to the game when simultaneously they release the completely stupid IS-3A...

Hope i'm wrong but does not bode well with me

RedSnail #5 Posted 17 December 2018 - 01:02 AM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 3457 battles

At first, I was very reluctant to get any boxes. 

Yet when I read the results others had received, I took a chance.

Spend $45, received the IS-3A, a few other tanks, gold, credits, premium time, and 5 recruits.

I was quite satisfied.

Its the first time in quite a while since I have spent any cash on this silly game.

IMHO, WG has made a significant step towards regaining the good will of players.

And don't forget the T50-2 plus the credits WG gave us.

Although I am still wary, we may continue to see some positive moves on the part of WG.

RockyRoller #6 Posted 17 December 2018 - 01:32 AM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 38116 battles
  • [NR-NS] NR-NS

The problem isn't the tank, its this

https://www.bbc.co.u...siness-46286945

and the quote in the article

"The commission also raised concerns that close to a million young people had been exposed to gambling through "loot boxes" in video games or on smartphone apps."

I don't particularly want a game I play become bankrupt by a mob of angry parents suing in a law court because their kid robbed a bank to gamble. 

Inappropriate_noob #7 Posted 17 December 2018 - 02:47 AM

Major General

• Player
  • 17352 battles
  • [-UM] -UM
I get wrecked all the time in mine and so do a lot of others, so not the OP broken tank it is purported to be, have to take out the proper IS3, see if that is any better.

Hedgehog1963 #8 Posted 17 December 2018 - 04:27 AM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 54431 battles
  • [DIRTY] DIRTY
I bought it the day it was released.
It needed this buff.

magkiln #9 Posted 17 December 2018 - 04:28 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 25411 battles
  • [EKKE] EKKE

View PostNoobySkooby, on 17 December 2018 - 02:47 AM, said:

I get wrecked all the time in mine and so do a lot of others, so not the OP broken tank it is purported to be, have to take out the proper IS3, see if that is any better.

Standard IS3 is a lot more mobile and has better premium ammo (Oops, sorry, need to call it "special" ammo now.) IS3 also has better protection because of the shape of the turret.  As so often, it all depends on the cirucmstances. Yes, if a standard IS3 and an IS3a with a full clip meet, the IS3A can wreck the IS3, IF he gets a shot at the lower plate, and IF rng doesn't throw his shots all over the place. But so what? An AMX 50-100 can one-clip kill an IS3 and can outspot and outmanoeuvre it and nobody thinks the AMX is overpowered.

Putting the IS3A in the loot boxes was not the smartest move. It just looks bad.  Then again, I'm not sure why people assume it will never be for sale again. The IS3A has been back for sale at least once a year since it got introduced and I don't believe WG spent that much effort on a tank that they won't put back in the premium shop.

HugSeal #10 Posted 17 December 2018 - 08:36 AM

Captain

• Player
  • 22752 battles
  • [SWEC] SWEC

View Postmagkiln, on 17 December 2018 - 04:28 AM, said:

Standard IS3 is a lot more mobile and has better premium ammo (Oops, sorry, need to call it "special" ammo now.) IS3 also has better protection because of the shape of the turret.  As so often, it all depends on the cirucmstances. Yes, if a standard IS3 and an IS3a with a full clip meet, the IS3A can wreck the IS3, IF he gets a shot at the lower plate, and IF rng doesn't throw his shots all over the place. But so what? An AMX 50-100 can one-clip kill an IS3 and can outspot and outmanoeuvre it and nobody thinks the AMX is overpowered.

Putting the IS3A in the loot boxes was not the smartest move. It just looks bad.  Then again, I'm not sure why people assume it will never be for sale again. The IS3A has been back for sale at least once a year since it got introduced and I don't believe WG spent that much effort on a tank that they won't put back in the premium shop.

When the AMX has fired its shots you have a minute of downtime. When the is3a has fired its shots it still has better than is3 dpm.

If you don't understand the difference in armour, mechanics, dpm, and size, among other things, then perhaps you want to spend some time understanding this game before expressing your opinions on a tank as if it had any weight?

Edited by HugSeal, 17 December 2018 - 08:48 AM.

EllemennT #11 Posted 17 December 2018 - 09:43 AM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 41169 battles
  • [DSTAR] DSTAR
It's very healthy for the game when IS3a driver can yolo your tier 7 heavy, clip it and have TOP DPM afterwards. Very healthy indeed.

RockyRoller #12 Posted 17 December 2018 - 10:26 AM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 38116 battles
  • [NR-NS] NR-NS

There are lots of tier 8 tanks which can do that to you without having to ammo rack you, there a lots of tanks that can de-track you so the other four can focus fire you to death and the same applies to the IS3a, the Defender, the Chrysler GF, the E 25. 

If you look at the other threads it is clear the actual problem is how people generally play on the battlefield. From mediums hiding behind rocks to heavies camping the base, and players shoot at their own passive spotting lights because the scout knows he isn't up to active spotting a TD that out view ranges them. 

Ceeb #13 Posted 17 December 2018 - 10:29 AM

Lieutenant General

• Beta Tester
  • 32678 battles
  • [BEXF] BEXF

My only problem with the IS3A is that I haven't lost a game in it since getting it back.

I doubt thats my skill but the tank.

Leadfire #14 Posted 17 December 2018 - 10:34 AM

Sergeant

• Beta Tester
  • 7869 battles

View PostRockyRoller, on 17 December 2018 - 12:32 AM, said:

I don't particularly want a game I play become bankrupt by a mob of angry parents suing in a law court because their kid robbed a bank to gamble. 

Hyperbole at it's finest. Robbing a bank to fund a WoT habit....jeez....:teethhappy:

While your at it...........perhaps they should ban 'Lucky bags' that kids buy in their local shop. I've even seen irresponsible adults buying them for children, turning them into gamblers later in life.

EllemennT #15 Posted 17 December 2018 - 10:36 AM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 41169 battles
  • [DSTAR] DSTAR

View PostRockyRoller, on 17 December 2018 - 10:26 AM, said:

There are lots of tier 8 tanks which can do that to you without having to ammo rack you, there a lots of tanks that can de-track you so the other four can focus fire you to death and the same applies to the IS3a, the Defender, the Chrysler GF, the E 25.

If you look at the other threads it is clear the actual problem is how people generally play on the battlefield. From mediums hiding behind rocks to heavies camping the base, and players shoot at their own passive spotting lights because the scout knows he isn't up to active spotting a TD that out view ranges them.

Yes, there are other autoloaders that can do that, such as 50 100 or Somua or Lorraine. But they will pay for it with long reload and dont have the armor to bounce shots from other tanks from my team that are with me. In this example IS3a just yoloed me, destroyed my IS2 with full clip and got back into cover with 2/3 of his health remaining. Resonable.

ZlatanArKung #16 Posted 17 December 2018 - 10:48 AM

Major General

• Player
  • 1537 battles

View PostThe_Wallet_Warrior, on 16 December 2018 - 08:37 PM, said:

My fellow Tankers, 

Whine has been spilt. Salt has been mined in abundance. The tears of free-to-play forumites has collected into a Sea of Self-pity. 

There has been much discussion and debate on not only the IS-3A itself but also around the availability of the tank, and that essentially you need to gamble on loot-boxes to obtain one. The morality and ethics of this has been discussed in great detail: what has our game become, where is our game going, what are the immediate ramifications of recent events? 

The Community Contributors across the globe are in disarray and rebelling against the WarGaming teat that they have suckled on for years, the toys have been thrown from the pram and the hand that fed them has been bit until it became a bleeding husk. 

Many opinions have been given on the IS-3A, but this: this is the humble opinion of The_Wallet_Warrior. In my quest to form this opinion, battles were played, gold was spammed and credits spent. Therefore, without further ado: the REAL problem with the IS-3A is...

Nothing. Nothing at all. It's an excellent and brilliantly fun tank to play. Could do with an armour buff though. I henceforth bestow upon it the coveted The_Wallet_Warrior Seal of OPproval. Let the glorious whine and salt flow!

shot_002.jpg

shot_004.jpg

shot_005.jpg

The_Wallet_Warrior Seal of OPproval.png

I see the IS-3A is not enough p2w for you.

Inappropriate_noob #17 Posted 17 December 2018 - 10:52 AM

Major General

• Player
  • 17352 battles
  • [-UM] -UM

View PostThe_Georgian_One, on 17 December 2018 - 09:43 AM, said:

It's very healthy for the game when IS3a driver can yolo your tier 7 heavy, clip it and have TOP DPM afterwards. Very healthy indeed.

Maybe but more often than not it don't see tier 7's, mainly nines and tens, and as someone else pointed out elsewhere, the gun is not the best.
09:55 Added after 2 minutes

View PostCeeb, on 17 December 2018 - 10:29 AM, said:

My only problem with the IS3A is that I haven't lost a game in it since getting it back.

I doubt thats my skill but the tank.

Nope probably your skill, tank itself nothing special, just more over hype tanks in the game.

wsatnutter #18 Posted 17 December 2018 - 10:57 AM

General

• Beta Tester
  • 26464 battles
  • [WSAT] WSAT
nice game

Inappropriate_noob #19 Posted 17 December 2018 - 11:12 AM

Major General

• Player
  • 17352 battles
  • [-UM] -UM
Two games ans I am out, Somua, is crap, IS£a is also crap, heat has no effect whatsoever, neither does APCR, when you cannot even pen a O HO, time to sell up

mortalsatsuma #20 Posted 17 December 2018 - 11:18 AM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 14635 battles

View PostNoobySkooby, on 17 December 2018 - 11:12 AM, said:

Two games ans I am out, Somua, is crap, IS£a is also crap, heat has no effect whatsoever, neither does APCR, when you cannot even pen a O HO, time to sell up

43% W/R. As has been said time and time again, the tanks are not the problem here......

Also tagged with mechanics, glitch, op, balance, premium, quickybaby

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users