• Please log in to reply
65 replies to this topic

The_Wallet_Warrior #41 Posted 17 December 2018 - 07:38 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 10416 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View Postpathed91, on 17 December 2018 - 06:36 PM, said:

Thank you for proving that you are indeed just trolling.

Thank you for letting me live rent free inside your head.

MeNoobTank #42 Posted 17 December 2018 - 07:47 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 18052 battles
  • [GT_WC] GT_WC

View PostThe_Wallet_Warrior, on 16 December 2018 - 08:37 PM, said:

My fellow Tankers, 

Whine has been spilt. Salt has been mined in abundance. The tears of free-to-play forumites has collected into a Sea of Self-pity. 

There has been much discussion and debate on not only the IS-3A itself but also around the availability of the tank, and that essentially you need to gamble on loot-boxes to obtain one. The morality and ethics of this has been discussed in great detail: what has our game become, where is our game going, what are the immediate ramifications of recent events? 

The Community Contributors across the globe are in disarray and rebelling against the WarGaming teat that they have suckled on for years, the toys have been thrown from the pram and the hand that fed them has been bit until it became a bleeding husk. 

Many opinions have been given on the IS-3A, but this: this is the humble opinion of The_Wallet_Warrior. In my quest to form this opinion, battles were played, gold was spammed and credits spent. Therefore, without further ado: the REAL problem with the IS-3A is...

Nothing. Nothing at all. It's an excellent and brilliantly fun tank to play. Could do with an armour buff though. I henceforth bestow upon it the coveted The_Wallet_Warrior Seal of OPproval. Let the glorious whine and salt flow!

shot_002.jpg

shot_004.jpg

shot_005.jpg

The_Wallet_Warrior Seal of OPproval.png

Sorry but I fail to undestand the point of this thread. What you sayn exactly ? I assume is just some random troll action, maybe to cheer the enraged community or to make fun of it, not sure..

You bassically just come here to iluminate us the stupids that debate about IS-3A and saying that it is nothing wrong with that abomination only because you say so and your opinion is the supreme truth. (but this ofc I can take it as a troll).

You show a pic with a good game in that tank. I also have a game with 5.8k dmg in Proggetto 46. That one random game do not prove that the tank is OP nor that it isn't. (In my opinion the tank is broken not OP)

Edited by MeNoobTank, 17 December 2018 - 07:49 PM.

The_Wallet_Warrior #43 Posted 17 December 2018 - 07:52 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 10416 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View PostMeNoobTank, on 17 December 2018 - 06:47 PM, said:

Sorry but I fail to undestand the point of this thread. What you sayn exactly ? I assume is just some random troll action, maybe to cheer the enraged community or to make fun of it, not sure..

You bassically just come here to iluminate us the stupids that debate about IS-3A and saying that it is nothing wrong with that abomination only because you say so and your opinion is the supreme truth. (but this ofc I can take it as a troll).

You show a pic with a good game in that tank. I also have a game with 5.8k dmg in Proggetto 46. That one random game do not prove that the tank is OP nor that it isn't. (In my opinion the tank is broken not OP)

I wouldn't mind if people started to refer to my opinions as "The Supreme Truth", but alas it was merely my own humble opinion, I actually stated as such in the post you reference. Could try reading I suppose? 

In my opinion the IS-3A is perfectly balanced and if anything could probably do with a buff to the frontal armour for extra kek and lulz. Let the people sing!

Frostilicus #44 Posted 17 December 2018 - 07:56 PM

Colonel

• Clan Diplomat
  • 23720 battles
  • [-ZNO-] -ZNO-

I'm enjoying the IS3a again now, had it stinking up my garage for a long time - now I get to drive it around :)

Looking forward to the Inverse Autoreloader being retrofitted to my Object 252u :):):trollface:

anonym_32bOyLluvSuR #45 Posted 17 December 2018 - 07:59 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 0 battles

View PostCast0r, on 16 December 2018 - 11:58 PM, said:

Your best game ever! and it only cost you £100 quids, awesome, way to go you :D

I think the clue is in his name,

I could be wrong though?

Inappropriate_noob #46 Posted 17 December 2018 - 09:11 PM

Major General

• Player
  • 17656 battles

View PostCeeb, on 17 December 2018 - 12:04 PM, said:

I agree,   I have both the 252 and Defender (from the "loot boxes") and dont play it often as its more idiot prood that any other tier 8 tank, I have something stupid like a 65% WR in the 252, If I played it exclusivly I could easy manipulate my overall WR... My defender is just going to sit there as I just dont play the tanks.

Thats not my skill, thats the broken tank.  The IS3A is just better than the IS3, whats not to like about it, you dump your load, then you're a normal IS3.  But I find it quite fun to play.

You go on about winrate but seriously i would like to see some expert re-plays of the Defender as when I take mine out whatever I have learned about sidescaping , hiding lfp, etc etc, just does not work, angle the armour just slightly bang goes your ufp.

I will try to play it exclusively though but I know it will do jack for my winrate, and yes I have been in training rooms and the like, fine maybe in a city map, screwed if your not.

Edited by NoobySkooby, 17 December 2018 - 09:12 PM.

mortalsatsuma #47 Posted 17 December 2018 - 09:35 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 14784 battles
Doing almost 5K damage in a tier 10 game and getting a tank sniper medal is only good enough for 2nd class but sure, tank is balanced. 

Attached Files

• Attached File   shot_541.jpg   289.29K

The_Wallet_Warrior #48 Posted 17 December 2018 - 11:09 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 10416 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View Postmortalsatsuma, on 17 December 2018 - 08:35 PM, said:

tank is balanced. 

Glad you agree!

GreatSuprendo #49 Posted 17 December 2018 - 11:13 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 23815 battles
Don't worry, give it 6 months and it will have been powercrept into irrelevance anyway.  Better start saving your pennies for the next big thing

The_Wallet_Warrior #50 Posted 17 December 2018 - 11:16 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 10416 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View PostGreatSuprendo, on 17 December 2018 - 10:13 PM, said:

Don't worry, give it 6 months and it will have been powercrept into irrelevance anyway.  Better start saving your pennies for the next big thing

Pennies are the things I get in change and throw away. Quite frankly the cost benefit of not having them weighing down my pocket is greater than the monetary value of them. I have no need for peasant denominations. 

try_not_to_be_Cliche #51 Posted 18 December 2018 - 07:00 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 14866 battles
  • [KNTC] KNTC

I just had the IS-3 with topgun, engine, radio but stock turret and tracks. I had the IS3A in a lootbox. So I did not what now to do with the "dull" normal IS-3. I had now the "extreme OP" IS3A. After playing 35 battles I have a 37% winrate in it. I do not care about that because I am only interested in how much fun they are. And I really like my IS and IS-3 and have tuns of fun. Both have the Russian magic guns. You know the one you wave in the direction of the target and Stalin guides your shell to an amorack.

The IS3A is a totally different beast, I am happy the boxes had als the defender because I do not like the IS3a (YET ?)  it is more sluggish and Stalin is probably a CC and so against it, because the shells go all over the place. I aimed and shot at the lower glacier and did not penetrate it. In the garage I looked at the hit-locations (via a modpack) and all shells had missed. The distance was less as 25 meters. 

It is probably because i am a tomato but if this thing really is OP, a tomato like me should do a lot better in it. At least better in my almost stock IS-3 (67% WR but more important, I like the handeling of tank and gun and almost never mis and it penetrates even tier 9's with ease. RNG-force  is strong in this one..

OMG_Abaddon #52 Posted 17 January 2019 - 05:19 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 13954 battles
IS-3 has .38 precision and IS-3A has .44 but people apparently only care about DPM. Doesn't matter if you can't hit jack, even worse if you only have the time IS-3A has to close the reticule, but heyyyyyy who cares 918273198273 DPM compensates right?

gpalsson #53 Posted 17 January 2019 - 05:37 PM

General

• Player
  • 24508 battles
  • [-MM] -MM

View Postmortalsatsuma, on 17 December 2018 - 08:35 PM, said:

Doing almost 5K damage in a tier 10 game and getting a tank sniper medal is only good enough for 2nd class but sure, tank is balanced. 

TBH getting the camper medal isn't a good indicator of high exp since a good portion of the damage exp is given to the sucker spotting for you.

the_nebuchadnezzar #54 Posted 17 January 2019 - 06:57 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 55948 battles
  • [-SJA-] -SJA-
I got the tank on the last day of loot box event after buying 3 boxes for decorations. Played only 4 games so far and what can I say is the tank can be seen as OP only if it's top tier. But this is true about most tier 8. The tanks felt slughish and the gun is not that great fron long range. Yes, having 3 shots ready is nice and you can punish some unlucky enemies, but the 3 sec btw shots seem like forever. I agree that WG should also have the tank in the shop, not only in loot boxes but then again I recon most of the players are fully grown men that can take their own decisions about how they sent their money. And if your kid have acces to you credit card info then it's your fault not WG.

FatigueGalaxy #55 Posted 17 January 2019 - 08:25 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 22994 battles
  • [SPIKE] SPIKE

View PostOMG_Abaddon, on 17 January 2019 - 05:19 PM, said:

IS-3 has .38 precision and IS-3A has .44 but people apparently only care about DPM. Doesn't matter if you can't hit jack, even worse if you only have the time IS-3A has to close the reticule, but heyyyyyy who cares 918273198273 DPM compensates right?

Because accuracy is important on a heavy with really bad view range and gun depression. You need that extra accuracy when you snipe or work the ridges! /s

Seriously - heavies go to "heavy corner" and fight each other in a knife fight.

0.44 accuracy is not a problem for a tank like IS-3A. It's annoying at times but most of the time you fight in close range so accuracy doesn't matter that much.

View Postthe_nebuchadnezzar, on 17 January 2019 - 06:57 PM, said:

I got the tank on the last day of loot box event after buying 3 boxes for decorations. Played only 4 games so far and what can I say is the tank can be seen as OP only if it's top tier. But this is true about most tier 8. The tanks felt slughish and the gun is not that great fron long range. Yes, having 3 shots ready is nice and you can punish some unlucky enemies, but the 3 sec btw shots seem like forever. I agree that WG should also have the tank in the shop, not only in loot boxes but then again I recon most of the players are fully grown men that can take their own decisions about how they sent their money. And if your kid have acces to you credit card info then it's your fault not WG.

"The tank can be seen as OP only if it's top tier" - that's the point, though. Who expects a tier 8 heavy to be OP in tier 9 and 10 battles? Some of them are just better at dealing with +2 MM.

Compare IS-3A to some standard tier 8 heavies and what they can do in tier 8, 9 and 10 battles. What would you rather play in tier 9 and 10 battles - IS-3A or something like Tiger II, KV-4, VK A, Emil I, AMX 65t or T32? What would you rather fight against in your tier 8 tank?

The answer is simple.

the_nebuchadnezzar #56 Posted 17 January 2019 - 09:33 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 55948 battles
  • [-SJA-] -SJA-

View PostFatigueGalaxy, on 17 January 2019 - 07:25 PM, said:

Because accuracy is important on a heavy with really bad view range and gun depression. You need that extra accuracy when you snipe or work the ridges! /s

0.44 accuracy is not a problem for a tank like IS-3A. It's annoying at times but most of the time you fight in close range so accuracy doesn't matter that much.

"The tank can be seen as OP only if it's top tier" - that's the point, though. Who expects a tier 8 heavy to be OP in tier 9 and 10 battles? Some of them are just better at dealing with +2 MM.

Compare IS-3A to some standard tier 8 heavies and what they can do in tier 8, 9 and 10 battles. What would you rather play in tier 9 and 10 battles - IS-3A or something like Tiger II, KV-4, VK A, Emil I, AMX 65t or T32? What would you rather fight against in your tier 8 tank?

The answer is simple.

Like I said, there are alot of tier 8 tanks that just dominate games when top tier. The normal IS3 for example. Or the Skorpion G or Progetto or Lowe or even the AMX 50 100. But IS3A is no where near Defender lvl of broken.

Crashzi #57 Posted 17 January 2019 - 10:09 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 8219 battles

View PostNoobySkooby, on 17 December 2018 - 02:47 AM, said:

I get wrecked all the time in mine and so do a lot of others, so not the OP broken tank it is purported to be, have to take out the proper IS3, see if that is any better.

Its not broken for you because you don't know how to use it

4nt #58 Posted 17 January 2019 - 10:28 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 30534 battles

View PostFatigueGalaxy, on 17 January 2019 - 08:25 PM, said:

I acknowledge my inferior skills, and small sample of games in IS-3A. Still atm I'm of mind that even on knife-fight range the poor accuracy matters: reason being APCR main. Tossing those 3 rounds to the ground (or bad terrain hitboxes) is frustrating, but ploinking them on enemy tank's UFP instead of LFP is moreso. Can see why someone might think tank UP still. It's just broken...

try_not_to_be_Cliche #59 Posted 18 January 2019 - 01:25 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 14866 battles
  • [KNTC] KNTC

I have now played a fair number of battles in the IS3, IS3A and defender. I now learned to handle the IS3A and I start to like it. Mobility sucks compared to the IS3. Maybe in 3 battles I could use the autoloader to clip a tank but most times not. 3 shots in a row is 9 sec exposed to the enemy. That is for most in close combat a big problem.

On medium to long range as a sniper it could be great but you then need the 3 shells where an IS3 would need 1 because 2 will probably miss. Btw, the turret of the IS3A, the gun, and the motor are not equal to the IS3. The only thing they are alike is the hull. 

Why I now like it is for the situations you are up against more as one enemy who come around the corner together. Now I can shoot 3x befor I am killed and I had 1 occasion this was my rescue. Only the knowledge you could have 3 shells makes some enemies think twice. And it is good for me because it makes me feel more secure/safe.  

I can not get a grip on the defender, I think because all the fuzz about it, everybody loads "special" ammunition as soon as they see you, and then shoot you through the lower plate. Probably only very good players that are able to balance on that small region between under/over angling in the heat of the fight can make it an OP tank. The gun is even worse as the IS3A. I had some really good games in it but most times I miss half the shots and get penned a lot and die fast. I still do not like it. 

But probably the most important part is the player. If the tank suits you, you play better and are able you use the OP part of a tank. I do best in rear turreted tanks, no clue why. My favorites are the IS-M (that is a real OP tank, compare that to the IS3A or defender), the STG and the Obj.705 (but I have troubles doing well with the best looking rear turreted tank in the game, the Obj.705A)

Edited by try_not_to_be_Cliche, 18 January 2019 - 01:25 PM.

anonym_32bOyLluvSuR #60 Posted 18 January 2019 - 01:29 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 0 battles

Good for you op i sold my is3a because it was meh and heavy tanks destroy to many of my now sparse brain cells. I'd rather let alchohol do that

the Is3a is about as interesting as going to the toilet,

once the novelty wears off you soon realise its 

A. Garbage.

B.Boring

Also tagged with mechanics, glitch, op, balance, premium, quickybaby

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users