Jump to content


Why HE did not pen Skorpion G ?

Skorpion G HE RNG

  • Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

mtnm #1 Posted 19 December 2018 - 08:21 PM

    Lance-corporal

  • Player
  • 3508 battles
  • 61
  • Member since:
    11-30-2016

Hi guys.

 

I don't understand why this shot from Object 430 HE did not penetrate the enemy Skorpion G.

Object 430 HE pen is 61 mm (+- 25% = [45.74, 76.25]).

Object 430 HE damage is 530 (+-25% = [397.5, 662.5])

Looking on tanks.gg the effective Skorpion G's armor seems less than 40 mm.

 

However the total damage done was 230 (Skorpion did not die).

 

What gives ?

 

[trying to add screenshot...]

 

[i'll upload the replay...]

 

http://wotreplays.eu...mtnm-object_430

 

minutes left 05:50


Edited by mtnm, 19 December 2018 - 08:48 PM.


Balc0ra #2 Posted 19 December 2018 - 08:48 PM

    Field Marshal

  • Player
  • 69698 battles
  • 18,717
  • [WALL] WALL
  • Member since:
    07-10-2012
Can't see the replay. But you ovboiusly failed to pen, or hit a module like the gun etc. And 230 was what the splash gave you. As that's the only reason you get low or now HE damage on it. As half the turret is still a module. 

mtnm #3 Posted 19 December 2018 - 08:55 PM

    Lance-corporal

  • Player
  • 3508 battles
  • 61
  • Member since:
    11-30-2016

This is the screen shot right after the shot.

 



Eaglax #4 Posted 19 December 2018 - 09:13 PM

    Colonel

  • Player
  • 19352 battles
  • 3,641
  • Member since:
    01-12-2012

 

HE has no normalization => more armour

 

also I would recommend to use an aimpoint/reticle with an armor penetration indicator, so you can directly see in a battle if a shot is likely to penetrate or not.

 



Balc0ra #5 Posted 19 December 2018 - 09:16 PM

    Field Marshal

  • Player
  • 69698 battles
  • 18,717
  • [WALL] WALL
  • Member since:
    07-10-2012

Ah, not a turret shot then. Well if you go to tank.gg and compare its armor model to the 430U and slap HE on it. At the angle shown at the image. You have about a 70% chance to pen it with HE. That leaves 30% chance to fail to pen it, and roll half the damage. 

 

It's armor there is 30mm actual armor. But at that angle, it's suddenly close to 60mm effective. And you have 68mm HE pen. So a low HE pen roll and that's it.  

 

 



mtnm #6 Posted 19 December 2018 - 09:21 PM

    Lance-corporal

  • Player
  • 3508 battles
  • 61
  • Member since:
    11-30-2016

That explains it!

I did not know that "HE has no normalization".

Thanks both of you.



Eaglax #7 Posted 19 December 2018 - 09:31 PM

    Colonel

  • Player
  • 19352 battles
  • 3,641
  • Member since:
    01-12-2012

View Postmtnm, on 19 December 2018 - 09:21 PM, said:

That explains it!

I did not know that "HE has no normalization".

Thanks both of you.

 

here a quick overview

http://wiki.wargaming.net/en/Ammo



AllaKeefek #8 Posted 20 December 2018 - 11:24 AM

    Private

  • Player
  • 8909 battles
  • 1
  • [P3GA] P3GA
  • Member since:
    06-20-2014
hmmm

kubawt112 #9 Posted 20 December 2018 - 11:29 AM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 3378 battles
  • 532
  • [-UM] -UM
  • Member since:
    07-10-2012
Ah, HE mechanics. Still remember blowing a game because a a 7/1 HESH shell failed to pen a Skorpion G side-on. Probably hit the tracks or the gun, but man.

NUKLEAR_SLUG #10 Posted 20 December 2018 - 01:16 PM

    Lieutenant Сolonel

  • Player
  • 32035 battles
  • 3,202
  • [FISHY] FISHY
  • Member since:
    06-13-2015

Kudos to OP for asking the right questions, providing the right supporting materials, willingness to learn and not automatically assuming hax! or rigging.

 

You may be a 46%'er currently OP but keep that up and with more experience you'll soon turn that around.



Gixxer66 #11 Posted 20 December 2018 - 01:27 PM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 18559 battles
  • 629
  • [-AWF-] -AWF-
  • Member since:
    01-11-2013
I'd have only fired HE at the Scorpion if his health was more than average roll of my std ammo, HE can be fickle especially if it does n't pen.




1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users