• Please log in to reply
79 replies to this topic

fwhaatpiraat #1 Posted 27 December 2018 - 12:38 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 50913 battles
  • [RGT] RGT

Hi,

I know there is an spg topic, but that topic is a minefield and stuff like this easily gets lost, so here is some useful info for all players (normal tank players and arty players).

The way artillery got nerfed (last patch I reckon) is that it cannot hit targets under obstacles anymore. With 'G mode' (the alternative arty aiming mode) it was possible to hit targets under bridges, buildings or landscaping obstacles like zappelins. For instance the hull-down positions in the railway station on Himmelsdorf, the zappelin on Redshire, the bridges on Westfield and the spans/air craft carrier on Glacier. Even on maps without bridges and such it has effect, since arty also cannot hit (more precise: it cannot aim there anymore, it twitches over it) vertical walls anymore. On city maps like Ensk, Minsk this has an effect since arty could aim at walls above or behind tanks, splashing them. That won't be possible anymore, since both arty view modes will aim at the roof tops instead. Aiming at walls was also possible on the south east road on the Glacier map, with the current patch you are more arty safe over there. Pretty much the only way arty can still hit you under obstacles is when they use the 3rd person view which only works on short distances.

Did you notice the difference as an arty player, or did you notice being more arty safe on certain positions? I haven't really noticed yet in my normal tanks, but knowing this, i can make better decisions on where/how to position I think.

FluffyRedFox #2 Posted 27 December 2018 - 01:05 PM

General

• Player
  • 24139 battles
I haven't noticed a difference really in arty aiming, I can still aim at and hit places I expect to.

Qarina #3 Posted 27 December 2018 - 01:07 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 13619 battles
  • [-RLD-] -RLD-
Where can i upvote the paint skill?

Rittmeister39 #4 Posted 27 December 2018 - 01:13 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 10926 battles
  • [SPIKE] SPIKE

Wargaming NERFED arty in 1.3 Patch.

At this point one has to consider this a deliberate act, and it really pisses me off.

It makes playing arty no fun at all anymore. it sucks.

Hey Wargaming, if you need to nerf another tank, why not make the screen go black occasionally for that tank, or make the PC crash when playing OP tanks?

Not trying to give you any ideas here...

DESPICABLE!

ValkyrionX #5 Posted 27 December 2018 - 01:14 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 48802 battles
  • [VIVUS] VIVUS

no one cares

#remove #arty 

mpf1959 #6 Posted 27 December 2018 - 01:15 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 19435 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

I noticed it in Pilsen, on at least one of the factory buildings it is no longer possible to shoot through the doors. Just as you describe, it simply will not allow it any more, it clicks to the floor outside, or the factory roof. Before, you could get the aiming circle inside the factory, now you cant. I find crafty tactics like this low actions, why not announce it? Or, is it a bug?

Edit, So, WG why not do the right thing and announce that there will never be 3 arty per side in any games? You know everyone hates that, 2 is bad enough, 3 is hopeless.

Edited by mpf1959, 27 December 2018 - 01:19 PM.

fwhaatpiraat #7 Posted 27 December 2018 - 01:20 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 50913 battles
  • [RGT] RGT

View PostValkyrionX, on 27 December 2018 - 01:14 PM, said:

no one cares

#remove #arty 

Place this in the dedicated arty thread please.

View Postmpf1959, on 27 December 2018 - 01:15 PM, said:

I noticed it in Pilsen, on at least one of the factory buildings it is no longer possible to shoot through the doors. Just as you describe, it simply will not allow it any more, it clicks to the floor outside, or the factory roof. Before, you could get the aiming circle inside the factory, now you cant. I find crafty tactics like this low actions, why not announce it? Or, is it a bug?

The same with the brawling section in the middle of Studzianki.

Edit: it basically means only targets that can be aimed at in 'normal' arty view, can be aimed at in 'g mode'.

Edited by fwhaatpiraat, 27 December 2018 - 01:23 PM.

mpf1959 #8 Posted 27 December 2018 - 01:22 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 19435 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE
Glad you bought this up, I thought it was a bug.

laulaur #9 Posted 27 December 2018 - 01:23 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 47279 battles
  • [FUS2D] FUS2D

View Postfwhaatpiraat, on 27 December 2018 - 11:38 AM, said:

Did you notice the difference as an arty player, or did you notice being more arty safe on certain positions? I haven't really noticed yet in my normal tanks, but knowing this, i can make better decisions on where/how to position I think.

I have noticed this change when i was playing arty a few days ago, and i was really wondering why no one said a thing about this.

I think it is most noticeable on Glacier, since you can't shoot the north road anymore because of the high altitude rocks/ice, and in the south you must wait for the to come out in the open - before you could have shot under that carrier.

But i welcome any arty nerf even if i have a lot of games in arty and 2 tier X arty in garage that i would like to 2 mark them (3 marks are too much for my clicker skills)

Edited by laulaur, 27 December 2018 - 01:24 PM.

wsatnutter #10 Posted 27 December 2018 - 01:24 PM

General

• Beta Tester
  • 25822 battles
  • [WSAT] WSAT
arty nerfed OH boy Santa does exist

Dikkeh0nd #11 Posted 27 December 2018 - 01:24 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 22920 battles
  • [E-BAY] E-BAY

View PostRittmeister39, on 27 December 2018 - 01:13 PM, said:

Wargaming NERFED arty in 1.3 Patch.

At this point one has to consider this a deliberate act, and it really pisses me off.

It makes playing arty no fun at all anymore. it sucks.

Hey Wargaming, if you need to nerf another tank, why not make the screen go black occasionally for that tank, or make the PC crash when playing OP tanks?

Not trying to give you any ideas here...

DESPICABLE!

Eehh no.. Arty is better then it has ever been.

HaZardeur #12 Posted 27 December 2018 - 01:29 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Beta Tester
  • 35403 battles
I´m getting a boner if true... also you should draw a fish and apply to Dingers.

Edited by HaZardeur, 27 December 2018 - 01:29 PM.

Zirakss #13 Posted 27 December 2018 - 01:29 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 16362 battles
  • [C__G] C__G

I thought it was a bug or I'm not careful enough to aim. As another juicy opportunity presented itself, still aiming, I did not bother to line up that shot and shot the TD and meds on the other side of the map.

But it's good you wrote this post. I will keep an eye on that. In my opion it is the primary role of artillery to surpress the enemy heavy tanks. So that aiming thing, is a problem.

jack_timber #14 Posted 27 December 2018 - 01:42 PM

Major

• Player
  • 35791 battles

Only two things I noticed was not being able to aim into tunnels, that one on Minsk where the road bridge crosses the river there's an underpass (can only aim at the mouth).

The most irritating aspect is not being able to aim at a solid wall/buttress and splashing a tank, every time I try the reticule either aims at the ground or closest solid to the ground, a wall a few metres in front for instance, or reticule jumps to the top of the wall. You just can't aim at a wall/buttress 

Apart from these 2 everything is still as good.

WoT_RU_Doing #15 Posted 27 December 2018 - 01:44 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 51177 battles
  • [-GY-] -GY-

View Postfwhaatpiraat, on 27 December 2018 - 11:38 AM, said:

Hi,

I know there is an spg topic, but that topic is a minefield and stuff like this easily gets lost, so here is some useful info for all players (normal tank players and arty players).

The way artillery got nerfed (last patch I reckon) is that it cannot hit targets under obstacles anymore. With 'G mode' (the alternative arty aiming mode) it was possible to hit targets under bridges, buildings or landscaping obstacles like zappelins. For instance the hull-down positions in the railway station on Himmelsdorf, the zappelin on Redshire, the bridges on Westfield and the spans/air craft carrier on Glacier. Even on maps without bridges and such it has effect, since arty also cannot hit (more precise: it cannot aim there anymore, it twitches over it) vertical walls anymore. On city maps like Ensk, Minsk this has an effect since arty could aim at walls above or behind tanks, splashing them. That won't be possible anymore, since both arty view modes will aim at the roof tops instead. Aiming at walls was also possible on the south east road on the Glacier map, with the current patch you are more arty safe over there. Pretty much the only way arty can still hit you under obstacles is when they use the 3rd person view which only works on short distances.

There's loads of reports on this in the 1.3 bug reports thread. I checked with Vuque a few days ago via PM and he confirmed that he'd passed these back and that the developers are aware.

Edited by WoT_RU_Doing, 27 December 2018 - 01:45 PM.

Strappster #16 Posted 27 December 2018 - 01:50 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 25980 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE
I noticed this too and thought it was a bug. So did lots of other people who've reported it in the Current Update thread, which is why I haven't posted a bug report of my own.

1ucky #17 Posted 27 December 2018 - 01:55 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 77716 battles
  • [-RLD-] -RLD-
Yes, it's true.

AzoreanOutkast #18 Posted 27 December 2018 - 01:56 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 10158 battles

That we know and was said, they messed with maps, made changes to them, added stuff and removed stuff, so in that i would more go for that the maps changed and that is why u see this diferences than actually be a "nerf" to the arties themselves!

But on a side note, if it is has u stated, them in my book its a good thing, means shots are more "real" wich makes game better for all of us that dont go driving arties ingame.

Wintermute_1 #19 Posted 27 December 2018 - 01:57 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 46373 battles
Yep this is a thing, can't hit anything under the West cliff overhang on glacier anymore.

sabresteel #20 Posted 27 December 2018 - 01:58 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 16556 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

Makes sense to me.

But then to be fair giving arty 15 mins reload also makes sense to me :) 

Also tagged with arty, nerf, spg, nerfed

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users