• Please log in to reply
79 replies to this topic

Homer_J #41 Posted 28 December 2018 - 09:11 AM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 30437 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View Post8126Jakobsson, on 28 December 2018 - 07:00 AM, said:

Noticed it being a bit trickier but I still find the shot I want after a little aim jerking to get the depth going. It's like you have to persuade the aim to go where you want it to. 

And sometimes the aim circle disappears so I'm just aiming with a stick guessing, but that's a different issue. 

If there is a roof over the spot you want to aim at, or even a bit of pipework on the outside of a building then you can't aim there no matter what.

You also can't aim at vertical walls, it will jump from the floor to the top of the wall with no in between.

It's like the arty aim only sees the 2D top down map and none of the 3D elements.  If you only ever use satellite view then you might not notice though.

JocMeister #42 Posted 28 December 2018 - 09:11 AM

Captain

• Player
  • 25687 battles
  • [-MM] -MM

Anything that is bad for clickerbots is good in my book.

Hope the "bug" turns out to be a "feature".

Edited by JocMeister, 28 December 2018 - 09:11 AM.

8126Jakobsson #43 Posted 28 December 2018 - 10:05 AM

Colonel

• Player
  • 71016 battles

View PostHomer_J, on 28 December 2018 - 09:11 AM, said:

If there is a roof over the spot you want to aim at, or even a bit of pipework on the outside of a building then you can't aim there no matter what.

You also can't aim at vertical walls, it will jump from the floor to the top of the wall with no in between.

It's like the arty aim only sees the 2D top down map and none of the 3D elements.  If you only ever use satellite view then you might not notice though.

No it's when I'm doing the G thing on, for example, under the zeppelin on Redshire or under the building roofs on Pilsen. At first it doesn't want to go there but after some back and forth aim movement it seems to find a pixel that makes it understand to go below and inside. But I can't recall taking such a shot the last two days so maybe it has gotten even worse. Or better. I guess that depends on perception (I'm leaning towards the latter).  

Homer_J #44 Posted 28 December 2018 - 10:20 AM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 30437 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View Post8126Jakobsson, on 28 December 2018 - 09:05 AM, said:

No it's when I'm doing the G thing on, for example, under the zeppelin on Redshire or under the building roofs on Pilsen. At first it doesn't want to go there but after some back and forth aim movement it seems to find a pixel that makes it understand to go below and inside. But I can't recall taking such a shot the last two days so maybe it has gotten even worse. Or better. I guess that depends on perception (I'm leaning towards the latter).  

You are just finding a spot under a hole in the zeppelin or roof.  It's easier to do that from satellite view.

Basically in the tactical view or whatever they call it, you can only target what you can in satellite view.  Previously you could use it to target inside tunnels etc.

Edited by Homer_J, 28 December 2018 - 10:21 AM.

LordMuffin #45 Posted 28 December 2018 - 11:02 AM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 49165 battles
  • [-GLO-] -GLO-
Nice feature!

pihip #46 Posted 28 December 2018 - 11:48 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 14781 battles
From some of the comments it is pretty clear it's impossible to hold a serious discussion about artillery in the forums.

Thanks OP for pointing out that stealth nerf (yes I have an arty in my garage and sometimes I take it out for the personal missions, or for when I want to play without getting frustrated due to all the gold wankers infesting the battlefields).

ApocalypseSquad #47 Posted 28 December 2018 - 11:52 AM

Captain

• Player
  • 27071 battles
Got Redshire in my Lorraine arty last night and was able to slot shots under and around the zeppelin with impunity.  Has this been micro-patched?

FrantisekBascovansky #48 Posted 28 December 2018 - 12:12 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 15995 battles
It has been micropatched, but still not fully functional as before. Sometimes it works, sometimes not.

Homer_J #49 Posted 28 December 2018 - 12:19 PM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 30437 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View PostLordMuffin, on 28 December 2018 - 10:02 AM, said:

Nice feature!

Not when it benefits one team more than the other.

If they had introduced some bug which prevented TDs aiming south then you would be up in arms about it.  But it seems it's fashionable to be a hypocrite where arty is concerned.

OofBerry #50 Posted 28 December 2018 - 06:47 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 18151 battles
  • [-FCR-] -FCR-
This is so annoying :/

Noo_Noo #51 Posted 28 December 2018 - 06:55 PM

Major

• Player
  • 22241 battles
I loath arty and welcome anything that reduces their effectiveness and the enjoyment for people that for some reason actually like playing something that is along the lines of shooting fish in a barrel. 

Anyhow, I wonder if this is the same problem that in particular rear mounted turreted tanks are having at the moment?

P33K #52 Posted 28 December 2018 - 07:39 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 23095 battles
Hard to say for sure, but I'm quite certain they nerfed arty accuracy too some time ago. There seems to be more dispersion, especially from longer range.

That and ever fastening pace of the game makes harder to make constant damage. And grand battles are far too rare nowadays too, considering missions like Object 260 final...

Make arty great again!

wEight_Tanker #53 Posted 28 December 2018 - 09:02 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 9184 battles
  • [VI90M] VI90M
I can only notice how often I shoot over or in front of my target even though I've fully aimed and have 100% crew.

The_Wallet_Warrior #54 Posted 28 December 2018 - 09:20 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 10297 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View Postfwhaatpiraat, on 27 December 2018 - 11:38 AM, said:

Hi,

I know there is an spg topic, but that topic is a minefield and stuff like this easily gets lost, so here is some useful info for all players (normal tank players and arty players).

The way artillery got nerfed (last patch I reckon) is that it cannot hit targets under obstacles anymore. With 'G mode' (the alternative arty aiming mode) it was possible to hit targets under bridges, buildings or landscaping obstacles like zappelins. For instance the hull-down positions in the railway station on Himmelsdorf, the zappelin on Redshire, the bridges on Westfield and the spans/air craft carrier on Glacier. Even on maps without bridges and such it has effect, since arty also cannot hit (more precise: it cannot aim there anymore, it twitches over it) vertical walls anymore. On city maps like Ensk, Minsk this has an effect since arty could aim at walls above or behind tanks, splashing them. That won't be possible anymore, since both arty view modes will aim at the roof tops instead. Aiming at walls was also possible on the south east road on the Glacier map, with the current patch you are more arty safe over there. Pretty much the only way arty can still hit you under obstacles is when they use the 3rd person view which only works on short distances.

Did you notice the difference as an arty player, or did you notice being more arty safe on certain positions? I haven't really noticed yet in my normal tanks, but knowing this, i can make better decisions on where/how to position I think.

TL;DR, but I know how to fix it: remove sky canc... artillery from the game!

Junglist_ #55 Posted 28 December 2018 - 09:50 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 39145 battles
The Battle Assistant mod does not have this issue.

GANDALF_WOT #56 Posted 29 December 2018 - 02:34 AM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 45185 battles

View PostValkyrionX, on 27 December 2018 - 01:14 PM, said:

no one cares

#remove #arty 

instead of removing arty WOT clicker department with MM aliance are forcing 3 SPG in game. TOTAL CRAP.  It is time to put in game seting play with or no arty or players will start leaving this game and it will be toooo late for company to do so.

PayMore #57 Posted 29 December 2018 - 02:37 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 24389 battles
I agree with op. Its a shame that community contributors have to point this out, and not WG. I guess the type-5/arty crybois are happy now. Prolly some mongoloid hull down t67 obj 277 player camping the [edited]out of that place now.

gpalsson #58 Posted 29 December 2018 - 03:01 PM

General

• Player
  • 23578 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View PostHomer_J, on 28 December 2018 - 11:19 AM, said:

Not when it benefits one team more than the other.

If they had introduced some bug which prevented TDs aiming south then you would be up in arms about it.  But it seems it's fashionable to be a hypocrite where arty is concerned.

If I was to guess: not if tds were completely terrible for the game he wouldn't, and it so happens that artillery is which is why he is ok with it.

P33K #59 Posted 29 December 2018 - 09:40 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 23095 battles
It seems they didn't nerf accuracy after all... they apparently changed aimpoint slightly so, that one could shoot to the border of the battlefield (you couldn't really at some point). Unfortunately this ruined at least my aim, since I couldn't adjust myself to this after thousands of arty battles. Battle assistant is now installed and shells go again where they are supposed to go.

HassenderZerhacker #60 Posted 29 December 2018 - 11:59 PM

Major

• Player
  • 29085 battles
  • [1DPG] 1DPG

View Postfwhaatpiraat, on 27 December 2018 - 12:38 PM, said:

Hi,

I know there is an spg topic, but that topic is a minefield and stuff like this easily gets lost, so here is some useful info for all players (normal tank players and arty players).

The way artillery got nerfed (last patch I reckon) is that it cannot hit targets under obstacles anymore. With 'G mode' (the alternative arty aiming mode) it was possible to hit targets under bridges, buildings or landscaping obstacles like zappelins. For instance the hull-down positions in the railway station on Himmelsdorf, the zappelin on Redshire, the bridges on Westfield and the spans/air craft carrier on Glacier. Even on maps without bridges and such it has effect, since arty also cannot hit (more precise: it cannot aim there anymore, it twitches over it) vertical walls anymore. On city maps like Ensk, Minsk this has an effect since arty could aim at walls above or behind tanks, splashing them. That won't be possible anymore, since both arty view modes will aim at the roof tops instead. Aiming at walls was also possible on the south east road on the Glacier map, with the current patch you are more arty safe over there. Pretty much the only way arty can still hit you under obstacles is when they use the 3rd person view which only works on short distances.

Did you notice the difference as an arty player, or did you notice being more arty safe on certain positions? I haven't really noticed yet in my normal tanks, but knowing this, i can make better decisions on where/how to position I think.

I noticed that too

Also tagged with arty, nerf, spg, nerfed

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users