Jump to content


Option to remove arty from MM

#Artyiscancer

  • This topic is locked This topic is locked
47 replies to this topic

Oqwerty #21 Posted 28 December 2018 - 02:48 PM

    Private

  • Player
  • 7366 battles
  • 18
  • Member since:
    05-13-2016

View PostFrostilicus, on 28 December 2018 - 02:43 PM, said:

 

No, you really can't

It doesn't need a 3k wn8 person to spot a whiny, entitled twonk, so do one :)

 

Why are you so triggered? I'm just saying my take on things :/

What do you have to lose if there was a button to toggle arty on and off, if you enjoy it keep it on, I don't enjoy it I want it off. 

Edited by Oqwerty, 28 December 2018 - 02:53 PM.


Erwin_Von_Braun #22 Posted 28 December 2018 - 02:57 PM

    Major General

  • Player
  • 40783 battles
  • 5,911
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
  • Member since:
    01-25-2014

View PostLordMuffin, on 28 December 2018 - 01:45 PM, said:

Arty should be either removed, or players given option to not play against it.
It is a retarded class for retarded players.

 

Ahh, the very best of arguments, and how haters usually defend their 'position'

[edited]?

Come on man, u can do better than that.



AccidentalTorpedoHit #23 Posted 28 December 2018 - 03:00 PM

    Private

  • Player
  • 1819 battles
  • 24
  • Member since:
    09-14-2015

*edited*


Edited by G_Bg_82, 29 December 2018 - 11:48 AM.
edited due to off topic content


Oqwerty #24 Posted 28 December 2018 - 03:00 PM

    Private

  • Player
  • 7366 battles
  • 18
  • Member since:
    05-13-2016

View PostErwin_Von_Braun, on 28 December 2018 - 02:57 PM, said:

 

Ahh, the very best of arguments, and how haters usually defend their 'position'

[edited]?

Come on man, u can do better than that.

 

What do you have to lose if there was a button to toggle arty on and off, if you enjoy it keep it on, I don't enjoy it I want it off.

Give me something against this then.
14:06 Added after 5 minutes

View PostAccidentalTorpedoHit, on 28 December 2018 - 03:00 PM, said:

*edited*

 

 

But as TD's and LT's have a max viewrange, you can blindshoot them back or outplay them. It only takes a bit of skill. Arty on the other hand can see you from the other side of the map and shoot over obstacles. (This is the PoV while playing HT and being spotted 90% of the time) There is no way you can outplay arty 100% of the time. You can't hide from arty in maps with large open space for example Murovanka. It's especially hard if there are two or more arties in the enemy team. That means you are possibly getting hit from two different angles and that means there is no way you can hide from artillery at all. Against real tanks line of sight works just fine. 

Edited by G_Bg_82, 29 December 2018 - 11:49 AM.


Noo_Noo #25 Posted 28 December 2018 - 03:15 PM

    Major

  • Player
  • 22382 battles
  • 2,760
  • Member since:
    05-05-2013

View PostAccidentalTorpedoHit, on 28 December 2018 - 03:00 PM, said:

*edited*

 

So you want a return to the early days of the game?

a mix of 15 TD's and arty per side. No one dared move. Really exciting times apparently.

it's a broken class within the ethos of this game but WG have dug such a huge hole with it they cant do anything with it. I'm still flabbergasted that the Lefe was on sale in the Christmas specials and loot boxes. 

When you're in a hole the first thing to do is drop the shovel. WG clearly do not follow this simple idea. 

Edited by G_Bg_82, 29 December 2018 - 11:50 AM.


AccidentalTorpedoHit #26 Posted 28 December 2018 - 03:18 PM

    Private

  • Player
  • 1819 battles
  • 24
  • Member since:
    09-14-2015
@Oqwerty
There is no way to counter heavies in worst corridor maps, especially when playing slow lightly armored tank. You can easily evade arty hits by moving (unpredictably) instead of camping in open or obvious spots. You can't flank, hide, or do anything against superheavies in mountain pass, abbey and many other maps. 

Edited by AccidentalTorpedoHit, 28 December 2018 - 03:19 PM.


Oqwerty #27 Posted 28 December 2018 - 03:19 PM

    Private

  • Player
  • 7366 battles
  • 18
  • Member since:
    05-13-2016

View PostAccidentalTorpedoHit, on 28 December 2018 - 03:18 PM, said:

There is no way to counter heavies in worst corridor maps, especially when playing slow lightly armored tank. You can easily evade arty hits by not moving (unpredictably) instead of camping in open or obvious spots. You can't flank, hide, or do anything against superheavies in mountain pass, abbey and many other maps. 

 

Let me tell you, that's just lack of skill tbh. How exactly do you evade arty shots in high tiers where they don't even need to hit you and they still stun for 20 seconds and do 500 damage?

AccidentalTorpedoHit #28 Posted 28 December 2018 - 03:21 PM

    Private

  • Player
  • 1819 battles
  • 24
  • Member since:
    09-14-2015

View PostOqwerty, on 28 December 2018 - 03:19 PM, said:

 

Let me tell you, that's just lack of skill tbh. How exactly do you evade arty shots in high tiers where they don't even need to hit you and they still stun for 20 seconds and do 500 damage?

 

Let me tell you, that's just lack of skill tbh.  



Oqwerty #29 Posted 28 December 2018 - 03:28 PM

    Private

  • Player
  • 7366 battles
  • 18
  • Member since:
    05-13-2016

View PostAccidentalTorpedoHit, on 28 December 2018 - 03:21 PM, said:

 

Let me tell you, that's just lack of skill tbh.  

 

You can most of the time outspot heavy tanks with a light tank and shoot them without them even spotting you, it's pretty much a lack of skill tbh. It's easy to get behind heavy tanks, there is no such map where that isn't possible, so it's just a lack of skill tbh..

 

*edited*

Maybe you should try and play higher tier tanks to see what the game is really like.


Edited by G_Bg_82, 29 December 2018 - 11:55 AM.
edited due to naming and shaming


lostjacket #30 Posted 28 December 2018 - 03:37 PM

    Lance-corporal

  • Player
  • 24675 battles
  • 77
  • Member since:
    10-25-2015

View PostOqwerty, on 28 December 2018 - 03:28 PM, said:

 

You can most of the time outspot heavy tanks with a light tank and shoot them without them even spotting you, it's pretty much a lack of skill tbh. It's easy to get behind heavy tanks, there is no such map where that isn't possible, so it's just a lack of skill tbh..

*edited*

 

Maybe you should try and play higher tier tanks to see what the game is really like.

 

And you are statpadding on premium tanks vs stocked techtree grinders? Maybe give an option to uncheck premium tanks in mm?

Edited by G_Bg_82, 29 December 2018 - 11:56 AM.


Oqwerty #31 Posted 28 December 2018 - 03:43 PM

    Private

  • Player
  • 7366 battles
  • 18
  • Member since:
    05-13-2016

View Postlostjacket, on 28 December 2018 - 03:37 PM, said:

 

And you are statpadding on premium tanks vs stocked techtree grinders? Maybe give an option to uncheck premium tanks in mm?

 

I have only intentionally statpad with B1 (under 200 games too) which is not even a premium tank. I play premium tanks to get credits.


Edited by Oqwerty, 28 December 2018 - 03:45 PM.


KillingJoker #32 Posted 28 December 2018 - 04:00 PM

    Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 37254 battles
  • 1,665
  • Member since:
    09-07-2015

View PostSirebellus, on 28 December 2018 - 01:41 PM, said:

I want to play games without American Tanks - but unfortunately the Game Designers have said that American Tanks are part of their game so I can either play with them in the game or I can go and find another game to play.

 

liar... with 7k games played on arty, and with more than 2500 games played on the LeFH 105, i bet i love to ruin the game on Hellcat's and T67 players... 

 

People like you make me sick... 



Oqwerty #33 Posted 28 December 2018 - 04:03 PM

    Private

  • Player
  • 7366 battles
  • 18
  • Member since:
    05-13-2016

View PostSirebellus, on 28 December 2018 - 01:41 PM, said:

I want to play games without American Tanks - but unfortunately the Game Designers have said that American Tanks are part of their game so I can either play with them in the game or I can go and find another game to play.

 

I don't usually call people disgusting, but after having looked at your stats- *edited*

Edited by G_Bg_82, 29 December 2018 - 11:57 AM.
edited due to naming and shaming


lostjacket #34 Posted 28 December 2018 - 04:04 PM

    Lance-corporal

  • Player
  • 24675 battles
  • 77
  • Member since:
    10-25-2015

View PostOqwerty, on 28 December 2018 - 03:43 PM, said:

 

I have only intentionally statpad with B1 (under 200 games too) which is not even a premium tank. I play premium tanks to get credits.

 

No one talked about statpadding before you attacked that dude, maybe he dont care stats at all. He gave you good counter-examples that ur Object 252U can be annoying to somebody same as artys annoy you, but it doesnt mean others should uncheck your obj252u from mm right?


Edited by lostjacket, 28 December 2018 - 04:10 PM.


Oqwerty #35 Posted 28 December 2018 - 04:15 PM

    Private

  • Player
  • 7366 battles
  • 18
  • Member since:
    05-13-2016

View Postlostjacket, on 28 December 2018 - 04:04 PM, said:

 

No one talked about statpadding before you attacked that dude, maybe he dont care stats at all. He gave you good counter-examples that ur Object 252U can be annoying to somebody same as artys annoy you, but it doesnt mean wg need to remove your obj252u right?

 

He doesn't even have a tier 7 tank, he doesn't have the required experience to say that heavy tanks need to be removed from the game. Trying to brawl a heavy tank with a light tank? That's just stupid and lack of skill.

I wouldn't complain about artillery if I could outplay them somehow, but it's just not possible.

Tom_Deekanarry #36 Posted 28 December 2018 - 04:30 PM

    Staff Sergeant

  • Player
  • 9679 battles
  • 470
  • Member since:
    06-28-2012
Artillery is fine, just limit it to a maximum of two per game

lostjacket #37 Posted 28 December 2018 - 04:38 PM

    Lance-corporal

  • Player
  • 24675 battles
  • 77
  • Member since:
    10-25-2015

View PostOqwerty, on 28 December 2018 - 04:15 PM, said:

 

He doesn't even have a tier 7 tank, he doesn't have the required experience to say that heavy tanks need to be removed from the game. Trying to brawl a heavy tank with a light tank? That's just stupid and lack of skill.

I wouldn't complain about artillery if I could outplay them somehow, but it's just not possible.

 

It is possible, you can try to predict arty position and find cover, you can dodge if ur being focused and angle urself to arty for less dmg, you can ping position of their arty for your team. Every class has its unwanted maps. Game is not made just for heavys. Im not happy at all getting city maps with lights or paper td's/spg's when game result is pretty much decided by heavys but thats what i get if i play same class all the time.

Edited by lostjacket, 28 December 2018 - 04:49 PM.


Oqwerty #38 Posted 28 December 2018 - 05:02 PM

    Private

  • Player
  • 7366 battles
  • 18
  • Member since:
    05-13-2016

View Postlostjacket, on 28 December 2018 - 04:38 PM, said:

 

It is possible, you can try to predict arty position and find cover, you can dodge if ur being focused and angle urself to arty for less dmg, you can ping position of their arty for your team. Every class has its unwanted maps. Game is not made just for heavys. Im not happy at all getting city maps with lights or paper td's/spg's when game result is pretty much decided by heavys but thats what i get if i play same class all the time.

 

Sure, you make it sound easy but you have to take in consideration that there are other tanks aswell in the battlefield, you can't just deticate all of your moves to try and counter the arty. Sometimes (actually most of the time) you just have to take the hits from the arty to avoid bigger damage. And that's the exact reason why I hate them. They will slowly kill you while you are trying to focus on the tanks that you can actually see and fight.


 


Edited by Oqwerty, 28 December 2018 - 05:05 PM.


Ziurawka #39 Posted 28 December 2018 - 05:03 PM

    Staff Sergeant

  • Player
  • 23358 battles
  • 484
  • [NLUFA] NLUFA
  • Member since:
    08-02-2015

I wish they'd enable this option.

I'd leave arty games enabled and wouldn't have to play against superheavies and paper camper TDs :) 

This would be sooooooo good.



Frostilicus #40 Posted 28 December 2018 - 05:04 PM

    Lieutenant Сolonel

  • Clan Diplomat
  • 22671 battles
  • 3,267
  • [-ZNO-] -ZNO-
  • Member since:
    07-12-2011

View PostOqwerty, on 28 December 2018 - 01:48 PM, said:

 

Why are you so triggered? I'm just saying my take on things :/

What do you have to lose if there was a button to toggle arty on and off, if you enjoy it keep it on, I don't enjoy it I want it off. 

 

I'm not triggered in the least, I'm not the person who went about finding someone else's stats to bring a complete irrelevance into the argument, that would be you :)

 

Arty is intentionally designed to be a part of the game, don't like it (I don't particularly like it tbh), then either lump it or move on, it's not going to be removed







Also tagged with #Artyiscancer

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users