6th Sense - A major problem in the game?

6th sense 6th sense Tactic Gameplay Improvement

• Please log in to reply
78 replies to this topic

Baleent7 #1 Posted 28 December 2018 - 02:45 PM

Corporal

• WGL PRO Player
  • 33622 battles
  • [DTQ] DTQ

Hello guys, I'm bringing a very uncommon topic to you today.

6th Sense - A major problem in the game?

To be honest with you guys, I think 6th sense should not be in the game for good. 6th sense takes a very important element out of the game: ambushing. Autoloader tanks are all built around this ambush tactic, and at the moment you just can't use them to their fullest. Let's say you are in your Foch B, with all 6 rounds in the clip. You see an enemy drive out to the open. What do you do? Right now you have no chance but start firing your shells immidiately. If there was no 6th sense in the game you would have the chance to wait until he gets far away from the nearest cover, THEN start firing, leaving him no chance of retreating. But this does not only apply to autoloaders. It would make coordinated teambattle like clanwars more interesting and would be a huge improvement to the gameplay. The lack of 6th sense would punish bad gameplay, and would make every tanker play more carefully.

Let us compare this case with some other elements of the game!

Let's look at the gold ammo first of all! I see that a lot of players are crying about gold spam (including myself). Why? Because it gives unfair advantage to it's user with no drawbacks at all (gameplay-wise). People are complaining left and right, and rightfully in my opinion. Wargaming has finally realized it was a problem, and now they took a step in the right direction by reducing the damage of the gold ammo. So, how is it looking with the 6th sense? Does it not give an unfair advantage against the enemy? Let's assume I'm passive spotting in my light tank in an OP bush, noone sees me. The enemy makes a mistake and tries to push forward. What happens? They get spotted, 6th sense lights up, they retreat without receiving a single shot (of course it's not always the case). The poor light tank doesn't get any spot damage for his good work (yes, it is sometimes tricky to get into bushes without getting spotted). How is this mechanic different from gold ammo? If you see a type 5 heavy, you will immidiately load the gold ammo, negating it's only advantage, the armor. If you get spotted, 6th sense automatically and immidiately negates your enemy's tactical advantage. The enemy has one less way to outsmart you.

Same story with aiming. Why is 6th sense a thing? Can't we figure out ourselves if we get spotted? Why don't we use aiming bots as well, to help us aim at enemy weakspots and tracks and also lead the target? Why is it a banned cheatmod? Well, 6th sense is not only not banned, but it's the core element of the game! I ask again, why? 6th sense is purely an artificial aid to the player, exactly as an aimbot, or a wallhack would be.

Some of you might remember, that I have said multiple times that I'm not using a single gold ammo in any of my tanks. Well, let me tell you that I don't use 6th sense either. We could say I play this game in hard mode. I encourage every player to "boycott" 6th sense for the sake of a more interesting and more tactic oriented gameplay! Tactics are something in the game that can't be randomized, unlike penetration, damage and accuracy. Why don't you guys want more tacitcal element in a teamgame? Open your eyes.

I hope some Wargaming staff is also reading this, and forwards this humble thought to the developers.

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to you guys!

Qarina #2 Posted 28 December 2018 - 02:48 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 13610 battles
  • [-RLD-] -RLD-

I agree that this addition to the game wasn't good, but on the other hand there are many players aware about some hidden spots in the map, because they have more experience which can break the game.

If they remove sixth sense, they should rework camo completely so it doesn't make your tank disappear and appear randomly when spotted.

Homer_J #3 Posted 28 December 2018 - 02:49 PM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 30191 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View PostBaleent7, on 28 December 2018 - 01:45 PM, said:

The lack of 6th sense would punish bad gameplay, and would make every tanker play more carefully.

You mean it would punish active play and make everyone camp hard.

I'm not sure that is a good thing.

divsmo #4 Posted 28 December 2018 - 02:49 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 34083 battles
  • [D0NG] D0NG
I'd prefer 6th sense to be standard on all commanders the same as in warships. You get 3 seconds before 6th sense goes off anyways so it's not guaranteed that you're going to get away without taking at least 1 hit.

Baleent7 #5 Posted 28 December 2018 - 02:53 PM

Corporal

• WGL PRO Player
  • 33622 battles
  • [DTQ] DTQ

View PostQarina, on 28 December 2018 - 01:48 PM, said:

I agree that this addition to the game wasn't good, but on the other hand there are many players aware about some hidden spots in the map, because they have more experience which can break the game.

If they remove sixth sense, they should rework camo completely so it doesn't make your tank disappear and appear randomly when spotted.

Well, that was exactly my point! Good players should be awarded for knowing good or hidden spots on the map! That would encourage others to learn those spots as well. It would not be gamebreaking at all. Also, of course more experienced players will always have an advantage over new players, but that's how things work. Camo rework is not needed at all.

Qarina #6 Posted 28 December 2018 - 02:54 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 13610 battles
  • [-RLD-] -RLD-

View PostHomer_J, on 28 December 2018 - 04:49 PM, said:

It's actually pretty good.

Tanks were never supposed to be played "actively" because they are big and slow.

The so called active play emerged in the last years, when WG started buffing speed and introducing fast moving vehicles, the future ones apparently have autoaim too

Baleent7 #7 Posted 28 December 2018 - 02:55 PM

Corporal

• WGL PRO Player
  • 33622 battles
  • [DTQ] DTQ

View PostHomer_J, on 28 December 2018 - 01:49 PM, said:

If anything punishes acitve gameplay it's arty, and not 6th sense, just my two cents...

Homer_J #8 Posted 28 December 2018 - 02:56 PM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 30191 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View Postdivsmo, on 28 December 2018 - 01:49 PM, said:

I'd prefer 6th sense to be standard on all commanders the same as in warships.

Some years ago they came up with the idea of having it standard as long as whichever crew member has radio op duty was at 100%.  I quite liked that idea.  Unfortunately they then decided that they would make it part of a major crew skill revamp, which they are still talking about today.

Gixxer66 #9 Posted 28 December 2018 - 02:56 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 18559 battles
  • [-AWF-] -AWF-

Is this some sort of troll post? it's not April the 1st is it?

Remove 6th sense - allow more more Arty per team - you know it prevents camping kappa

Baleent7 #10 Posted 28 December 2018 - 02:56 PM

Corporal

• WGL PRO Player
  • 33622 battles
  • [DTQ] DTQ

View Postdivsmo, on 28 December 2018 - 01:49 PM, said:

I'd prefer 6th sense to be standard on all commanders the same as in warships. You get 3 seconds before 6th sense goes off anyways so it's not guaranteed that you're going to get away without taking at least 1 hit.

Making 6th sense standard on all commanders is exactly what I want to avoid in the future. This thread is not about new and experienced players being equal or not, this is about the tacitcal elements.

Homer_J #11 Posted 28 December 2018 - 02:59 PM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 30191 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View PostQarina, on 28 December 2018 - 01:54 PM, said:

Tanks were never supposed to be played "actively" because they are big and slow.

Realism isn't fun.

Tanks in WoT have always been faster than RL, turrets turn faster, engagement ranges are closer, they fight in towns which would be a big no no.

We don't want to go park in a bush for 3 days hoping an enemy convoy will come along.

Baleent7 #12 Posted 28 December 2018 - 02:59 PM

Corporal

• WGL PRO Player
  • 33622 battles
  • [DTQ] DTQ

View PostGixxer66, on 28 December 2018 - 01:56 PM, said:

Is this some sort of troll post? it's not April the 1st is it?

Remove 6th sense - allow more more Arty per team - you know it prevents camping kappa

No, I am 100% serious. Arty is quite a nuisance in the game, and it should be removed if you ask me. I didn't say anything about allowing more arty per team.

Qarina #13 Posted 28 December 2018 - 03:00 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 13610 battles
  • [-RLD-] -RLD-

View PostBaleent7, on 28 December 2018 - 04:53 PM, said:

Well, that was exactly my point! Good players should be awarded for knowing good or hidden spots on the map! That would encourage others to learn those spots as well. It would not be gamebreaking at all. Also, of course more experienced players will always have an advantage over new players, but that's how things work. Camo rework is not needed at all.

Well, I mean, if you don't have chance to know when you are spotted, you should also have the chance to see that tank. You can't have some tanks in the game that you'd rather ram than spot, especially if these vehicles happen to be newly released USSR premiums.

TurnedToDust #14 Posted 28 December 2018 - 03:02 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 9802 battles
  • [JUICE] JUICE

View PostHomer_J, on 28 December 2018 - 02:59 PM, said:

Realism isn't fun.

Tanks in WoT have always been faster than RL, turrets turn faster, engagement ranges are closer, they fight in towns which would be a big no no.

We don't want to go park in a bush for 3 days hoping an enemy convoy will come along.

Sorry, you might speak for a mayority but not for me. I see nothing wrong with camping.

I have issues with people dying because they take unnecessary risk.

divsmo #15 Posted 28 December 2018 - 03:02 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 34083 battles
  • [D0NG] D0NG

View PostHomer_J, on 28 December 2018 - 01:56 PM, said:

Some years ago they came up with the idea of having it standard as long as whichever crew member has radio op duty was at 100%.  I quite liked that idea.  Unfortunately they then decided that they would make it part of a major crew skill revamp, which they are still talking about today.

Yeah that seems reasonable, they need to rework the skill/perks system anyway as so many of them are pointless.

Not wanting to steer the topic in a direction where it's going to get locked but i agree that arty is probably the biggest issue to active gameplay at the moment, on non city maps anyway.

Baleent7 #16 Posted 28 December 2018 - 03:02 PM

Corporal

• WGL PRO Player
  • 33622 battles
  • [DTQ] DTQ

View PostHomer_J, on 28 December 2018 - 01:59 PM, said:

Realism isn't fun.

If you see my original post, I intentionally didn't mention realism, because this game has nothing to do with it. I agree with you on this one by the way, realism isn't fun. Or at least isn't as fun. But what could also be the consequence of this change is that we would probably see a lot more light tanks on the battlefield. I am not sure it would be non-stop camping. Also, even if it the game would become a campfest, it would only be a temporary effect, because everyone is just so used to the comfort that 6th sense gives. Eventually the gameplay would return to it's current state.

Homer_J #17 Posted 28 December 2018 - 03:03 PM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 30191 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View PostBaleent7, on 28 December 2018 - 01:55 PM, said:

If anything punishes acitve gameplay it's arty, and not 6th sense, just my two cents...

As a fairly dedicated arty player it's only semi active and inactive gameplay that gets punished.

Active gameplay is arty's worst enemy.

jack_timber #18 Posted 28 December 2018 - 03:05 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 35298 battles

View PostBaleent7, on 28 December 2018 - 01:59 PM, said:

No, I am 100% serious. Arty is quite a nuisance in the game, and it should be removed if you ask me. I didn't say anything about allowing more arty per team.

So it's an arty thread now....

Merry Christmas, oh it's passed. Happy new year then.

Qarina #19 Posted 28 December 2018 - 03:05 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 13610 battles
  • [-RLD-] -RLD-

View PostHomer_J, on 28 December 2018 - 04:59 PM, said:

Realism isn't fun.

I think it's also about the degree these features are being introduced.

For example the average mins you'd spend in a single battle used to be higher. Nowadays most battles last 5 min top. This is a direct result of speed buffs. Really, if somebody search active gameplay, he should play world of warplanes. Planes are for active gameplay, dogfights and such, everything happens quickly at high speeds. Tanks are the opposite of that.

In such fast paced tank game, I think removal of sixth sense is bad overall, unless they fix bunch of other things too to negate the advantage you had. Otherwise you'd see just medium tanks which are ambushing and relocating just to ambush again.

Homer_J #20 Posted 28 December 2018 - 03:06 PM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 30191 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View PostTurnedToDust, on 28 December 2018 - 02:02 PM, said:

Sorry, you might speak for a mayority but not for me. I see nothing wrong with camping.

I have issues with people dying because they take unnecessary risk.

A bit of camping is fine but if we go back to the pre 6th sense days of everyone going to the Mainovka forest and staying there because they are scared to be spotted then it would be a bad thing.

Also tagged with 6th sense, 6th, sense, Tactic, Gameplay, Improvement

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users