• Please log in to reply
42 replies to this topic

Kothaar #41 Posted 14 June 2019 - 12:52 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Beta Tester
  • 62050 battles
  • [IGNOR] IGNOR

View PostLaatikkomafia, on 31 December 2018 - 01:38 AM, said:

"OK, SPG haters will come in now and say what they will say.

As for the rest of us who do appreciate SPG's, any thoughts/rumors on what WG might have in mind?"

Typical arta player mindset. "If someone doesn't agree with us, they don't exist."

But the fact remains: Arty is an issue. The class requires next to no skill, it is RNG-based, it has no counterplay outside camping and it lacks interaction. You need to accept the reality, how the class either needs a complete rework, even more nerfs or complete removal. Pick which you want, as arty will and should not remain as it is.

It is an issue to kids who cannot stomach being hit by arty and should find another game to play but for some reason cannot. I am sure there is a computer game out there without any artillery.

I wonder if they throw similar temper tantrums when somebody wins them in a game of chess. "The Queen is an unfair piece in the game, I demand it removed!"

Edited by Kothaar, 14 June 2019 - 12:52 PM.

Laatikkomafia #42 Posted 14 June 2019 - 01:16 PM

Major General

• Beta Tester
  • 23265 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View PostKothaar, on 14 June 2019 - 01:52 PM, said:

It is an issue to kids who cannot stomach being hit by arty and should find another game to play but for some reason cannot. I am sure there is a computer game out there without any artillery.

I wonder if they throw similar temper tantrums when somebody wins them in a game of chess. "The Queen is an unfair piece in the game, I demand it removed!"

The queen would be broken as f-word, if it beat the enemies without moving a single square.

Darth_Clicker #43 Posted 14 June 2019 - 04:05 PM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 59033 battles
  • [4RCE] 4RCE

View PostLaatikkomafia, on 14 June 2019 - 02:16 PM, said:

The queen would be broken as f-word, if it beat the enemies without moving a single square.

And so would arty if it could beat the entire enemy team without moving from spawn, but I imagine that every honest, intelligent person knows that not to be the case in reality.  There are replays in which a player has single handedly destroyed all 15 enemies in a tank.  I don't recall seeing such a replay with arty in the 5+ years I have been playing this game.  The best that I have done personally is 10 kills in a single battle.  And that is only once in 57,927 battles in arty.  Poole's medals are extremely rare in artillery....much more rare than in tanks.  

Once again, this is a game.  Games are meant to be fun and at the least entertaining.  If a game is not fun and or entertaining then the intelligent and logical thing to do would be to not play the game, but to instead play a game that is fun and entertaining.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users