• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

Quokashi #1 Posted 29 December 2018 - 04:02 AM

Private

• Clan Diplomat
  • 33689 battles
  • [BCIE] BCIE

Hi everyone,

This topic surely had been discussed a lot but I need to talk about this: bad behavior! 

It happened to me 3 times tonight and I just got so frustrated by the last one! This player pushed me out of cover and I got instantly killed! And he repeated it and ruined the game of pretty much half of the team.

The replay is here if you're interested: http://wotreplays.eu...ashi-strv_103-0

Did it happen to you guys? And what to do with that kind of behavior? I mean, all I can do is report him but I perfectly know that the report won't have any consequence...

@ WG team, any way to punish that kind of behavior?

Edited by Quokashi, 29 December 2018 - 04:40 AM.

WoT_RU_Doing #2 Posted 29 December 2018 - 04:13 AM

Captain

• Player
  • 50213 battles
  • [-GY-] -GY-

I'm sure it's happened to most players, if not all, at some point. I find the best thing to do is just accept it, and take satisfaction from reporting them using the in-game tool, then send WG a ticket in the Abuse of Physics category. WG will then respond back saying that they've looked at it and can't tell you what action was taken, but my good nature trusts that they've at least issued a 1 hour ban. Maybe enough tickets about the same player will result in harsher punishment.

Now though, you need to edit your post, as naming the player is against forum rules

Soup_Potato #3 Posted 29 December 2018 - 04:17 AM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 282 battles

View PostQuokashi, on 29 December 2018 - 04:02 AM, said:

@ WG team, any way to punish that kind of behavior?

I ain't no WG team. All I can do is give a nudge to the right direction as a fellow player. Firstly, edit your post and remove the replay and the player's name. You are effectively naming and shaming that person and that is against the forum rules. It will just land you a warning quite quickly. Secondly if you wish to take the extra step to report that player, create a ticket for customer support. It is clear that the player is harassing others, multiple people and deserves to be reported. You can click the ''player support'' link on the top left or follow this link and scroll to the bottom to create a ticket and then follow the instructions: https://eu.wargaming.../article/10242/ Thirdly, in future refrain from using any swear words or insults in game as that will just give more fuel to the harasser and makes you look bad, also it's against the in game chat rules.

Edited by Soup_Potato, 29 December 2018 - 04:19 AM.

EdvinE20 #4 Posted 29 December 2018 - 04:26 AM

Warrant Officer

• Community Contributor
  • 36811 battles
  • [-AEG-] -AEG-

As far as I know, naming and shaming is not allowed on the forum (Even though I don't mind exposing these toxic players who push out out from cover) :facepalm:

I have not checked the replay, but if your problem is friendly tanks pushing you out from cover getting you killed. Yes. This is a problem and I don't think there is an easy fix to it. The game can't tell if a push is friendly or not. The first thing you should do is to report them in-game for unsportsmanlike conduct. I recently had a conversation with a WG staff member in Paris who told me that all reports stack till they will eventually get a player banned, but only if it reaches a certain point within X amount of time/battles. 

But I do understand that it feels like that none will come of it. I have been a victim of this toxic behavior many many times. A few times when it has gone to extreme levels, I have sent the replay along with screenshots to Wargaming support using a ticket and so far I've gotten a good response (even long before I became a CC). Make sure it ends up in the right place, that you timestamp where in the replay it all happens, and phrase yourself well. Don't write like an angry baby. :arta:

I can bring this question to more light, but I doubt it will lead anywhere as I've been talking about this in the past. 

Quokashi #5 Posted 29 December 2018 - 05:06 AM

Private

• Clan Diplomat
  • 33689 battles
  • [BCIE] BCIE

Thanks all for you answers!

Sorry for the naming part, it was not my intention to shame the player at all.

View PostSoup_Potato, on 29 December 2018 - 03:17 AM, said:

Thirdly, in future refrain from using any swear words or insults in game as that will just give more fuel to the harasser and makes you look bad, also it's against the in game chat rules.

I reacted on the move and could not control myself. I uselly don't do that but it got so frustrated with that game...after several defeats

View PostEdvinE20, on 29 December 2018 - 03:26 AM, said:

I have not checked the replay, but if your problem is friendly tanks pushing you out from cover getting you killed. Yes. This is a problem and I don't think there is an easy fix to it. The game can't tell if a push is friendly or not. The first thing you should do is to report them in-game for unsportsmanlike conduct. I recently had a conversation with a WG staff member in Paris who told me that all reports stack till they will eventually get a player banned, but only if it reaches a certain point within X amount of time/battles. 

But I do understand that it feels like that none will come of it. I have been a victim of this toxic behavior many many times. A few times when it has gone to extreme levels, I have sent the replay along with screenshots to Wargaming support using a ticket and so far I've gotten a good response (even long before I became a CC). Make sure it ends up in the right place, that you timestamp where in the replay it all happens, and phrase yourself well. Don't write like an angry baby. :arta:

I can bring this question to more light, but I doubt it will lead anywhere as I've been talking about this in the past. 

I mean, it can happen accidentally just like friendly-fire and in that case I don't care, it's part of the game and I have no problem accepting it!

But this, the player's goal is clearly to ruin other's game, he spent his entire game to it! I knew about the report system and that's why I was so frustrated, to think that the player will probably continue so for a long time before maybe a ban for what, a couple of hours? 1 day? 

elpuddro #6 Posted 29 December 2018 - 05:07 AM

Private

• Player
  • 20214 battles
  • [AL7F4] AL7F4
Take solace in the fact that you're at opposite sides of the spectrum, and that bad players makes better ones win more often. (maybe not improve, but win) So, statistically, if you ever meet him on the opposite team, he will surely explode as his ammo-rack decides to call it a night after either being shot by you, or after inciting some illicit behaviour from his teammates (and two for one isn't bad that either)

Robbie_T #7 Posted 29 December 2018 - 06:01 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 17595 battles
  • [BBMM] BBMM

This was wrong of that dude 

Luckely i dont play the camping classes that much (not my personal taste) so i dont encounter that much,

But i must say sometimes lower ally tiers can be annoying as hell.

Like yesterday vk3601 in a tier 6/8 match up was so annoyingly in the way that the top tier heavys had to over angle and get shot to pieces while he's hiding on the spot where a tier 8 heavy should take the front.

i am at that point now that i wont over angle  and push him out of the way at the first chance i get.(not in to enemy fire)

Selfish? maybe ...but i do the same when i am the tier 6.

i hide behind the tier 8 (but not block him from behind)and take the second shot instead of being in the way bounce my shot and take a tier 8 enemy shot(that probberly will penetrate).

But A strv in the back in the bushes is gold even in a tier 10 matchup

But a strv can have the bush always..its there specialty

Ch1valry #8 Posted 29 December 2018 - 09:59 AM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 38515 battles
  • [TKNZ] TKNZ

Actually, the main reason why naming and shaming occur on these forums is down to the fact that the report system doesn't seem to work. Or at least WG doesn't care anyway. They have their automated ban system, but @-holes can and will find ways around it (like pushing allies out of cover). So what happens when there are no ways to punish such players? Naming and shaming is one of them.

Blame Wargaming, not the person you would accuse for "naming and shaming". WG leaves us with very few other options.

1ucky #9 Posted 29 December 2018 - 10:05 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 76922 battles
  • [-RLD-] -RLD-
Let's just say it depends on whether you can oneshot the guy or not.

PauI #10 Posted 29 December 2018 - 10:29 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 28724 battles
  • [ROLS] ROLS
I am really careful about what is happening near me who touches me and what is their intentions, sometimes he means no harm. Usually you can easily spot someone who wants to agress you. Because i mainly play big guns at the first aggresion sign i load HE and shoot twice in the back to be sure it penns. From time to time one would get fire and I get banned for one hour, so be it. If you have a small gun you can track the guy at a strategic moment (when he is spottedspotted, is peaking, is shot by enemy)

Edited by PauI, 29 December 2018 - 10:33 AM.

seXikanac #11 Posted 29 December 2018 - 11:44 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 12324 battles
  • [-YU-] -YU-
Open a support ticket and report him/her

Also tagged with bad behavior

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users