RNG is needed but sometimes is too much

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

TheDayWeDie #1 Posted 29 December 2018 - 10:21 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 17892 battles

As title says, I understand the purpose of RNG, to bring some sort of balance or thrill in game play.

However, sometimes I think it is too much. It was good, indeed, to create a playerbase where everyone has her/his days but now it seems to me that RNG becomes embarrassing and it is a weight hanging on the game's neck.

There is no point of wining with 15-0(1)(2)(3) if 75% of my shots are nullified by RNG. There is no point to accept RNG when it invalides the enemy's moves. I don't need to hit an enemy which is after some corner. I don't understand how a team can have 3-4 tanks with 1-2 HP left. I don't like to bounce tier 8 hits in my Type64. In every game there is at least one player  who has GOD Mode. Sometimes is me (but I don't want that), sometimes there are others, but it is quite boring.

I hope WG will do something about it because, as I said in other threads, what was good in the past is not good for the future. Perhaps in tier 1-3 RNG is good but after that, well, sometimes (very often) kills the pleasure of gaming.

C_Copia #2 Posted 29 December 2018 - 11:02 AM

Corporal

• Player
  • 3105 battles
No RNG is fine, the over all problem is thematchmaker which better should take 20 seconds longer but equal the good an bad players in both teams. (in Winrate)

Edited by I_believe_I_spider, 29 December 2018 - 11:03 AM.

Somnorila #3 Posted 29 December 2018 - 08:23 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 56543 battles
  • [4-YOU] 4-YOU
Accuracy and penetration must be fixed and not between an interval. Sure, keep aiming mechanics and penetration drop over distance, but at 100m fully aimed shells should hit one on top of the other with the same penetration every single time.

Avanta8 #4 Posted 29 December 2018 - 08:33 PM

Private

• Player
  • 5706 battles

View PostI_believe_I_spider, on 29 December 2018 - 11:02 AM, said:

No RNG is fine, the over all problem is thematchmaker which better should take 20 seconds longer but equal the good an bad players in both teams. (in Winrate)

IMO, thats a bad idea.

Good players would be punished just for being good at the game

Jigabachi #5 Posted 29 December 2018 - 10:51 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 17948 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View PostSomnorila, on 29 December 2018 - 08:23 PM, said:

Accuracy and penetration must be fixed and not between an interval. Sure, keep aiming mechanics and penetration drop over distance, but at 100m fully aimed shells should hit one on top of the other with the same penetration every single time.

That would, obviously, break the entire game and make it horribly boring.

Having no variation in penetration would mean that if you have just 1mm penetration less than your enemy has armor, you'll never be able to damage him. You'll be 100% chanceless. Have fun paying lowtiers or tanks with weak guns. Boring.

Having no variation in accuracy would mean that you would notice the small size of the maps even more. That would be devastating and you would be dead as soon as you are spotted. Boring.

RNG on those mechanics could use some tweaks, but having no RNG woud be ridiculous...

View PostTheDayWeDie, on 29 December 2018 - 10:21 AM, said:

There is no point of wining with 15-0(1)(2)(3) if 75% of my shots are nullified by RNG.

First of all, I have no idea what that is supposed to mean.

Besides that, there is no point in exaggerating things to make a point. That point will be moot.

Block Quote

I don't understand how a team can have 3-4 tanks with 1-2 HP left. I don't like to bounce tier 8 hits in my Type64. In every game there is at least one player  who has GOD Mode. Sometimes is me (but I don't want that), sometimes there are others, but it is quite boring.

But those are (exaggerated) extremes. How often does that happen?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users