Suggestions and feedback on Multithread rendering

Multithread-rendering feedback this_game_needs welcoming_new_players improving_experience_ ...in_other_aspects_of_game

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

Marybanks #1 Posted 29 December 2018 - 07:13 PM

Private

• Player
  • 27503 battles
  • [12-R] 12-R

Dear Developers
I have just seen the video explaining on the multithread rendering and it sounds great that older pc's and laptops get the chance for running the game properly. But there are more to the problems than just that.
Some people, were once set to have a further look on mods, giving players an unfair advantage. XVM, is such a mod. It can mess up and make players wanting to quit, before they had even started it, because the teams are so unfair lined up.

Another thing I could wish for as improvement, is a more extended bootcamp. A mix of the first training thing, this current bootcamp, and new more steps to it. Because, let's imagine a player has been through a bootcamp rutine, and now knows a rather LIMITED bit, on controlling the tank, the turret, firing the gun, credits, xp, gold, premium, modules, skills and perks, equipment and consumables.
-But what about the other mechanics? What is in the bootcamp currently, is far from enough. How does players manage to deal with artillery in play? How does they manage to stay alive? Why does they get shot at, when they can't even see the one shooting? And where to even shoot at a certain tank? 
I only aim and shoot on tanks on specific places because I know already where the common weakspots are. But a new player doesn't. And who would love to keep playing a game if you're spammed through with premium/gold/special ammo all the time and not getting a single chance to learn how things work?
Platooning with more experienced players could be an option, but because platoons of three players can talk and communicate the matchmaker is most often putting platoons on a very bad position in the line-up. I would suggest to make a place for sealclubbers, so they can go sealclub eahcother as much as they please.
Some players are much against the socalled "OP" tanks. But if you can deal damage with HE, and don't have to lose credits on it, it is to prefer right?

BravelyRanAway #2 Posted 29 December 2018 - 07:57 PM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 24333 battles
  • [H_I_T] H_I_T
Mirror, mirror on the wall...............

Nishi_Kinuyo #3 Posted 29 December 2018 - 08:35 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 9018 battles
  • [GUP] GUP
As if the devs ever read the EU/English off-topic subforum. :teethhappy:

Marybanks #4 Posted 29 December 2018 - 09:52 PM

Private

• Player
  • 27503 battles
  • [12-R] 12-R

View PostNishi_Kinuyo, on 29 December 2018 - 07:35 PM, said:

As if the devs ever read the EU/English off-topic subforum. :teethhappy:

Have your laugh! Since you apparently is so much of an expert, where else would you have put it otherwise?

BravelyRanAway #5 Posted 29 December 2018 - 10:29 PM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 24333 battles
  • [H_I_T] H_I_T

View PostMarybanks, on 29 December 2018 - 08:52 PM, said:

Have your laugh! Since you apparently is so much of an expert, where else would you have put it otherwise?

Your post at the start of this topic barely touches on the topic title....this more a whine about issues you have with the game rather than anything to do with multithreaded-rendering.

Nishi_Kinuyo #6 Posted 30 December 2018 - 12:09 AM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 9018 battles
  • [GUP] GUP

View PostMarybanks, on 29 December 2018 - 09:52 PM, said:

The Russian forum, for one.

Since the devs are know to actually read that one.

View PostBravelyRanAway, on 29 December 2018 - 10:29 PM, said:

Your post at the start of this topic barely touches on the topic title....this more a whine about issues you have with the game rather than anything to do with multithreaded-rendering.

Which is the next point:

Wargaming has several different teams working on WoT, and they don't exactly take over each other's job very much.

The team busy with improving the engine or GUI has pretty much nothing to do with the team responsible for game balance.

Nor does the team responsible for 3D modelling assets (maps and vehicle models).

As for the team to actually find information on vehicles; well, I'm sure they're capable enough at using a text editor on their laptops.

Edited by Nishi_Kinuyo, 30 December 2018 - 12:12 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users