Jump to content


Fighters on the minsk map


  • Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

Jumping_Turtle #1 Posted 29 December 2018 - 10:50 PM

    Lieutenant General

  • Player
  • 69352 battles
  • 7,506
  • [CNUT] CNUT
  • Member since:
    10-15-2013
Anyone has an idea what kind they are. As former Airforce I am pretty curious what they used, but am always too late to check. and have no clue if anyone can see them with a free camera or something

XxKuzkina_MatxX #2 Posted 29 December 2018 - 11:07 PM

    Major General

  • Player
  • 53231 battles
  • 5,317
  • Member since:
    04-02-2016
The fighters are the MiG-21s and the choppers are of course the Mi-24 hinds. :)

Edited by XxKuzkina_MatxX, 29 December 2018 - 11:12 PM.


NekoPuffer_PPP #3 Posted 30 December 2018 - 01:16 AM

    Colonel

  • Player
  • 34114 battles
  • 3,985
  • [VRTC] VRTC
  • Member since:
    09-13-2013

View PostXxKuzkina_MatxX, on 29 December 2018 - 11:07 PM, said:

The fighters are the MiG-21s and the choppers are of course the Mi-24 hinds. :)

 

This.

 

I'd recognize a MiG-21 anywhere, since that's what our (Croatian) air force still uses to this day...



Balc0ra #4 Posted 30 December 2018 - 03:29 AM

    Field Marshal

  • Player
  • 72817 battles
  • 20,703
  • [WALL] WALL
  • Member since:
    07-10-2012
Dez posted a video going around with a free cam mod to look at them if you are really curious on how the model looks. I've auto marked the spot. 
 

Edited by Balc0ra, 30 December 2018 - 03:31 AM.


XxKuzkina_MatxX #5 Posted 30 December 2018 - 04:43 AM

    Major General

  • Player
  • 53231 battles
  • 5,317
  • Member since:
    04-02-2016

View PostPervyPastryPuffer, on 30 December 2018 - 02:16 AM, said:

 

This.

 

I'd recognize a MiG-21 anywhere, since that's what our (Croatian) air force still uses to this day...

 

Still serving after 62 years of its maiden flight, the T54 of fighters. Take a look at this 10k gold style for the hind... :)

 

 

 



falcon_96 #6 Posted 30 December 2018 - 01:52 PM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 25476 battles
  • 583
  • [SI-S] SI-S
  • Member since:
    05-11-2012

View PostPervyPastryPuffer, on 30 December 2018 - 12:16 AM, said:

 

This.

 

I'd recognize a MiG-21 anywhere, since that's what our (Croatian) air force still uses to this day...

 

You still use them?:amazed:  Huh, i was under the impression that the Croatian AF uses MiG-29s like ours(Bulgarian), i mean, that thing is old, i've seen one preserved as monument in a village square!
And i thought our politicians were retarded for making such a mess of the negotiations for a MiG-29 replacement!

NekoPuffer_PPP #7 Posted 30 December 2018 - 02:23 PM

    Colonel

  • Player
  • 34114 battles
  • 3,985
  • [VRTC] VRTC
  • Member since:
    09-13-2013

View Postfalcon_96, on 30 December 2018 - 01:52 PM, said:

You still use them?:amazed:  Huh, i was under the impression that the Croatian AF uses MiG-29s like ours(Bulgarian), i mean, that thing is old, i've seen one preserved as monument in a village square!

And i thought our politicians were retarded for making such a mess of the negotiations for a MiG-29 replacement!

 

Yeah, still in use...this one here's cool though, and is unique:

 

 

One of them (standard green camo) had an engine malfunction a couple years ago and crashed not too far from where I live, since I live near the main airport (where they're located too)...I could see it circling around with another MiG behind it which was trying to look for any irregularities on the outside of the malfunctioning one. It eventually caught fire and the pilot had to eject, fortunately he was a very good pilot so he led the plane over an open field for it to crash in so nobody gets hurt. He got out safe and sound.

 

Recently, there have been negotiations with the Izraelian air force to buy their old F-16 Falcons, which are, as we know, originally American...but something went south and the deal's off, I'd say that's a good thing though. The government should invest in other places, not new planes.

 

But that's heading deeper and deeper into politics so let's leave it at that. :rolleyes:



Beltalowda #8 Posted 30 December 2018 - 02:24 PM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 65356 battles
  • 959
  • Member since:
    03-02-2011

View PostXxKuzkina_MatxX, on 30 December 2018 - 03:43 AM, said:

 

Still serving after 62 years of its maiden flight, the T54 of fighters. Take a look at this 10k gold style for the hind... :)

 

 

 

 

This is a Czech Air Force, it is part of 221th Tiger Squadron based in Náměšt nad Oslavou. Funnily enough this is the place where I served in my time in the Army and the skin was made in LOM Praha, for the NATO training exercise Tiger Meet 2016 in Spain. 

 

They have (for the lack of words) "a beauty contest", all participating nations make some kind of skins on their vehicles, planes, helicopters etc and later on they announce a winner.

 

 


Edited by Beltalowda, 30 December 2018 - 02:27 PM.


Jumping_Turtle #9 Posted 30 December 2018 - 02:26 PM

    Lieutenant General

  • Player
  • 69352 battles
  • 7,506
  • [CNUT] CNUT
  • Member since:
    10-15-2013
Thanks a lot guys for the answers!

panter22 #10 Posted 30 December 2018 - 04:31 PM

    Staff Sergeant

  • Player
  • 15188 battles
  • 472
  • Member since:
    05-23-2011

View PostJumping_Turtle, on 29 December 2018 - 09:50 PM, said:

Anyone has an idea what kind they are. As former Airforce I am pretty curious what they used, but am always too late to check. and have no clue if anyone can see them with a free camera or something

 

i am still struggling how the MI 24 end up in the ww2 map so what is next devs star wars giant walkers i got an idea why not make darth vader appear in the middle of the map and he uses a lightsaber to deflect all incoming shell right back at ya or maybe a death star ore a super star destroyer maybe in next map overhaul :P

Blubba #11 Posted 30 December 2018 - 05:08 PM

    Captain

  • Player
  • 60147 battles
  • 2,356
  • Member since:
    05-30-2011

Very nice addition but I can't say I like them on that map. Driving an inter war tank past/under things like the helicopter or jet aircraft takes a little away from the game for me.

Still, it's just personal taste so meh.



890 #12 Posted 30 December 2018 - 05:32 PM

    Captain

  • Player
  • 45435 battles
  • 2,098
  • [MEDAR] MEDAR
  • Member since:
    12-04-2011

View Postpanter22, on 30 December 2018 - 05:31 PM, said:

 

i am still struggling how the MI 24 end up in the ww2 map so what is next devs star wars giant walkers i got an idea why not make darth vader appear in the middle of the map and he uses a lightsaber to deflect all incoming shell right back at ya or maybe a death star ore a super star destroyer maybe in next map overhaul :P

 

Map is Minsk after WW II. There are tanks in WoT from 70s in game.

Balc0ra #13 Posted 30 December 2018 - 11:39 PM

    Field Marshal

  • Player
  • 72817 battles
  • 20,703
  • [WALL] WALL
  • Member since:
    07-10-2012

View Postpanter22, on 30 December 2018 - 04:31 PM, said:

 

i am still struggling how the MI 24 end up in the ww2 map so what is next devs star wars giant walkers i got an idea why not make darth vader appear in the middle of the map and he uses a lightsaber to deflect all incoming shell right back at ya or maybe a death star ore a super star destroyer maybe in next map overhaul :P

 

A: WOT is not a pure WWII game. Its era of focus is the 30's to 60's mainly, with some tier X's being late 60's to early 70's variants. Most of those just happens to be WWII tanks. 

B: The map was confirmed by WG to take place in fictitious city evacuation in the 70's. 






1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users