Jump to content


M4 Improved a joke or what?

M4 Improved

  • Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

MegaDeltaFighter #1 Posted 30 December 2018 - 09:39 AM

    Corporal

  • Player
  • 42297 battles
  • 132
  • [GRFIN] GRFIN
  • Member since:
    08-10-2016

Do you feel the same that M4 Improved is a bad joke by WG?

take M4 with almost the same not-improved hull armor put a turret almost the same as not-improved stock tier 4 turret on it and put a gun almost the same as not-improved Tier 4 75mm stock gun on it. no derp HE gun, and no improved Tier 6 76mm gun, nothing but stock gun and turret and normal hull armor, no improvement at all, put a better engine and get higher speed, and call it M4 improved with all tier 4 parts on a tier 5 tank. and let normal M4s with that turret and derp gun spot and hunt you. try to escape with higher speed you've got 

 


Edited by MegaDeltaFighter, 30 December 2018 - 09:56 AM.


krismorgan #2 Posted 30 December 2018 - 10:11 AM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 36198 battles
  • 594
  • [UKT] UKT
  • Member since:
    10-18-2013
300k credits are better.

Brutal_Enforcer_ #3 Posted 30 December 2018 - 10:16 AM

    Corporal

  • Player
  • 48984 battles
  • 175
  • [B--R] B--R
  • Member since:
    07-09-2013

Well this is how I play with the tank as previewed by Claus Kellerman

 


Edited by Brutal_Enforcer_007, 30 December 2018 - 10:16 AM.


shane73tank #4 Posted 30 December 2018 - 10:19 AM

    Captain

  • Player
  • 32655 battles
  • 2,126
  • Member since:
    03-01-2014
Not played it in a while but I always did well in mine

Steel_Patriot #5 Posted 30 December 2018 - 10:27 AM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 43604 battles
  • 554
  • [_DOG] _DOG
  • Member since:
    03-06-2011
 I got the The M4 Unimproved  in a loot box , i would have rathered a lump of coal  or slap of a pool ball in a  stinking wet sock. For collection purposes only.

wsatnutter #6 Posted 30 December 2018 - 10:32 AM

    General

  • Beta Tester
  • 26449 battles
  • 9,448
  • [WSAT] WSAT
  • Member since:
    08-25-2010

View PostSteel_Patriot, on 30 December 2018 - 09:27 AM, said:

 I got the The M4 Unimproved  in a loot box , i would have rathered a lump of coal  or slap of a pool ball in a  stinking wet sock. For collection purposes only.

 

had me loling:trollface:

PowJay #7 Posted 30 December 2018 - 10:32 AM

    Major General

  • Player
  • 39864 battles
  • 5,397
  • Member since:
    09-07-2012

Considering my track record in all of the M4s (UK and US), I do not expect miracles from this tank. I had one battle in it yesterday with the T69 crew (second skills almost complete) and the one thing I did notice is how badly this thing needs a gun rammer. Beyond that, I am not sure yet.

 

I don't play Premiums all that often. My stats in them are not necessarily good enough to play them as a primary vehicle. Chi-Nu is one of my better tanks, but I struggle in the Chi-Nu-Kai (prize tank). The Cromwell is great but my Cromwell B has 43% win rate (I bought this one). Skorp? Don't even ask. I had this as a rental and then gift box prize. :(. I have good stats in some, but I mainly take them out for training when there are crew bonuses.



Tom_Deekanarry #8 Posted 30 December 2018 - 11:14 AM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 13049 battles
  • 520
  • Member since:
    06-28-2012

View PostPowJay, on 30 December 2018 - 10:32 AM, said:

Considering my track record in all of the M4s (UK and US), I do not expect miracles from this tank. I had one battle in it yesterday with the T69 crew (second skills almost complete) and the one thing I did notice is how badly this thing needs a gun rammer. Beyond that, I am not sure yet.

 

I don't play Premiums all that often. My stats in them are not necessarily good enough to play them as a primary vehicle. Chi-Nu is one of my better tanks, but I struggle in the Chi-Nu-Kai (prize tank). The Cromwell is great but my Cromwell B has 43% win rate (I bought this one). Skorp? Don't even ask. I had this as a rental and then gift box prize. :(. I have good stats in some, but I mainly take them out for training when there are crew bonuses.

 

Same here, I can't play the Sherman to save my life, but I just keep going back to them, something about them, I have 3!

Nishi_Kinuyo #9 Posted 30 December 2018 - 11:17 AM

    Lieutenant General

  • Player
  • 9062 battles
  • 6,253
  • [GUP] GUP
  • Member since:
    05-28-2011

Typical example of murikan engineering.

Best sold to the scrapyard.

 

Even the Chi-Nu Kai is vastly preferable.



Tom_Deekanarry #10 Posted 30 December 2018 - 11:19 AM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 13049 battles
  • 520
  • Member since:
    06-28-2012
SOLD

PayMore #11 Posted 30 December 2018 - 12:01 PM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 27433 battles
  • 778
  • Member since:
    05-24-2013
use gold ammo and food + convert xp and that tank is a winner

Laatikkomafia #12 Posted 30 December 2018 - 01:24 PM

    Major General

  • Beta Tester
  • 23265 battles
  • 5,091
  • [WJDE] WJDE
  • Member since:
    12-27-2010
Compare it to the Beta Sherman, and realize the Beta Sherman has limited MM. :trollface:

Ubervold #13 Posted 30 December 2018 - 01:32 PM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 23110 battles
  • 603
  • Member since:
    09-01-2012
You are not supposed to play the low tier tanks that you get from the loot boxes...

RedSnail #14 Posted 30 December 2018 - 01:33 PM

    Lance-corporal

  • Player
  • 3457 battles
  • 76
  • Member since:
    09-15-2014

Hated the "Stupid" video.

Yeah, the M4 Improved is underpowered.

If handled carefully, I can still contribute to the battle with it.



NekoPuffer_PPP #15 Posted 30 December 2018 - 01:52 PM

    Colonel

  • Player
  • 34114 battles
  • 3,985
  • [VRTC] VRTC
  • Member since:
    09-13-2013
M4 iMpRovEd

FluffyRedFox #16 Posted 30 December 2018 - 02:12 PM

    General

  • Player
  • 25286 battles
  • 9,138
  • [FLOOF] FLOOF
  • Member since:
    12-05-2012
Its one of the worse tier 5 prems along with the Pz 3K, its essentially just a tier 4 tank with scout matchmaking. Absolute garbage tank that somehow doesn't get buffed.

Laatikkomafia #17 Posted 30 December 2018 - 09:00 PM

    Major General

  • Beta Tester
  • 23265 battles
  • 5,091
  • [WJDE] WJDE
  • Member since:
    12-27-2010

View PostUbervold, on 30 December 2018 - 02:32 PM, said:

You are not supposed to play the E25s, LeFHEefhefhees, IS-3s and Defenders that you get from the loot boxes...

 



Homer_J #18 Posted 30 December 2018 - 09:15 PM

    Field Marshal

  • Beta Tester
  • 32362 battles
  • 35,390
  • [WJDE] WJDE
  • Member since:
    09-03-2010

View PostMegaDeltaFighter, on 30 December 2018 - 08:39 AM, said:

Do you feel the same that M4 Improved is a bad joke by WG?

 

 

Nope.  It seems balanced for a tier V premium.

 

Played it today on my expermental account.  One of my experiments was buy 3 loot boxes for an account with less than 200 battles.  And when you finish the training they give you a 100% US medium crew with 6th sense.

 

Forgot to put any Dinger ammo in (sorry boss) and still got a win with 2 kills.

 

Sorry no replay, the dog got hungry.


Edited by Homer_J, 30 December 2018 - 09:15 PM.


1ucky #19 Posted 30 December 2018 - 09:17 PM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 85391 battles
  • 1,244
  • [THRIL] THRIL
  • Member since:
    11-05-2013

Yes, building your expectations on a tank's name alone isn't a good idea.

You'd do better by looking up it's stats instead.

 

(Or WG messed up calling it improved, whichever you prefer. Either way it's not a particularly awesome tank, but hey you can train your crews in it, especially if you don't own any better american premium meds.)

20:26 Added after 8 minutes

View PostHomer_J, on 30 December 2018 - 09:15 PM, said:

 

Nope.  It seems balanced for a tier V premium.

 

Played it today on my expermental account.  One of my experiments was buy 3 loot boxes for an account with less than 200 battles.  And when you finish the training they give you a 100% US medium crew with 6th sense.

 

Forgot to put any Dinger ammo in (sorry boss) and still got a win with 2 kills.

 

Sorry no replay, the dog got hungry.

 

Alright but then we need a video of the dog eating the replay.... :trollface:


Edited by 1ucky, 30 December 2018 - 09:28 PM.


jdc302 #20 Posted 30 December 2018 - 10:33 PM

    Lance-corporal

  • Player
  • 15993 battles
  • 86
  • Member since:
    07-09-2011
This tank with that gun should have prefferential matchmaking. You are better with playing the m3 lee. 





Also tagged with M4 Improved

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users