• Please log in to reply
63 replies to this topic

Dominich #1 Posted 30 December 2018 - 03:12 PM

Private

• Player
  • 5551 battles
  • [KIWI] KIWI

Hi

I am originally an old player, who recently came back. I have now been playing about a month and a half, and I am getting more and more annoyed about the amount of players botting.

Like, it's normally easy to spot, and if they play like a "bad"/low tier tank in the match, it's not really a problem, but when they are top tier and one of the most important tanks in the match, it ruins the entire game.

So, my question is this; Why isn't those players banned already? Doesn't Wargaming have anything that can help banning the bots? Like checking the movement of the tank and aim, and compare it with the same player the next match.

I bet they are 90% the same, so why is botting still a problem in this game? It's almost 2019 people, come on.

wsatnutter #2 Posted 30 December 2018 - 03:15 PM

General

• Beta Tester
  • 25646 battles
  • [WSAT] WSAT

welcome to the forums your input is so valid and to be validated you will receive

Posted Image

Edited by wsatnutter, 30 December 2018 - 03:16 PM.

Nishi_Kinuyo #3 Posted 30 December 2018 - 03:21 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 8059 battles
  • [GUP] GUP
No, they're not bots, there's just that many bad players. :facepalm:

Dominich #4 Posted 30 December 2018 - 03:23 PM

Private

• Player
  • 5551 battles
  • [KIWI] KIWI

When they go "heavy TDs", like the T30 for instance, in a 3-5-7 match where the T30 is top tier; he goes sniping, getting one or two shots off before the match ends and we lose.

He probably got those two shots off when the enemy team killed him.

NUKLEAR_SLUG #5 Posted 30 December 2018 - 03:24 PM

Major

• Player
  • 30988 battles
  • [FISHY] FISHY
Bots would actually be better. Some of the things you see being done are so mind-blowingly stupid you just know there's an actual person behind the keyboard.

BravelyRanAway #6 Posted 30 December 2018 - 03:24 PM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 23161 battles
  • [H_I_T] H_I_T

View PostDominich, on 30 December 2018 - 02:23 PM, said:

When they go "heavy TDs", like the T30 for instance, in a 3-5-7 match where the T30 is top tier; he goes sniping, getting one or two shots off before the match ends and we lose.

He probably got those two shots off when the enemy team killed him.

Have you checked your own WR in high tiers? before you start complaining about others?

Frostilicus #7 Posted 30 December 2018 - 03:25 PM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Clan Diplomat
  • 22495 battles
  • [-ZNO-] -ZNO-

View PostBravelyRanAway, on 30 December 2018 - 02:24 PM, said:

Have you checked your own WR in high tiers? before you start complaining about others?

Glass houses and stones springs to mind :)

Dominich #8 Posted 30 December 2018 - 03:44 PM

Private

• Player
  • 5551 battles
  • [KIWI] KIWI

View PostBravelyRanAway, on 30 December 2018 - 03:24 PM, said:

Like I said, I have recently started playing again, and all my high tier tanks are recently bought, so stock tank. And yes, I am not the best player, I am probably not even good, but even so, watching top tier "heavies" that are supposed to be brawling, sniping while watching the team die. It's not really fun to be playing then.

And, I am not talking crap about others, I am talking about obvious bots.

Maybe I should just quit again, come back in a year or two...

Edited by Dominich, 30 December 2018 - 03:47 PM.

BravelyRanAway #9 Posted 30 December 2018 - 03:58 PM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 23161 battles
  • [H_I_T] H_I_T

View PostDominich, on 30 December 2018 - 02:44 PM, said:

Like I said, I have recently started playing again, and all my high tier tanks are recently bought, so stock tank. And yes, I am not the best player, I am probably not even good, but even so, watching top tier "heavies" that are supposed to be brawling, sniping while watching the team die. It's not really fun to be playing then.

View PostFrostilicus, on 30 December 2018 - 02:25 PM, said:

Glass houses and stones springs to mind :)

Jigabachi #10 Posted 30 December 2018 - 03:59 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 17948 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
And how exactly do you know that they are botting?
Sorry to burst your bubble, but this game has one of the most incompetent playerbases out there. There are human players who play worse than bots...

TurnedToDust #11 Posted 30 December 2018 - 04:02 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 9802 battles
  • [JUICE] JUICE

View PostDominich, on 30 December 2018 - 03:44 PM, said:

Don't worry about it, some of the forum inhabitants are unicums at discecting threads, your personallity and your playstyle for no apparent reason but their own boredom.

What you mostly see is very bad players. Honestly, if you see how bad some people are you would have begged for them to be bots.

The fact that you focus on them though might suggest you need a break from the game, either that or try and ignore them and just have fun.

the_Haba #12 Posted 30 December 2018 - 04:26 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 26810 battles

Ýes, there are bots. Even the most battle-hardened WG sockpuppets will find it hard to refute the examples of "players" that play the game 24/7.

Yes, they do (occasionally) get banned.

Yes, there are also human players that have worse results than actual bots.

No, this won't change.

Frostilicus #13 Posted 30 December 2018 - 05:10 PM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Clan Diplomat
  • 22495 battles
  • [-ZNO-] -ZNO-

Nobody denies the existence of bots, merely that the problem is massively exaggerated, pretty much the same as the cheat mode issues.

Part of the problem is people using the term "bot" when they merely mean "very bad player"

NoobySkooby #14 Posted 30 December 2018 - 05:55 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 15469 battles

View PostDominich, on 30 December 2018 - 03:12 PM, said:

Hi

I am originally an old player, who recently came back. I have now been playing about a month and a half, and I am getting more and more annoyed about the amount of players botting.

Like, it's normally easy to spot, and if they play like a "bad"/low tier tank in the match, it's not really a problem, but when they are top tier and one of the most important tanks in the match, it ruins the entire game.

So, my question is this; Why isn't those players banned already? Doesn't Wargaming have anything that can help banning the bots? Like checking the movement of the tank and aim, and compare it with the same player the next match.

I bet they are 90% the same, so why is botting still a problem in this game? It's almost 2019 people, come on.

Yeah yeah old player, just returning, jeeezus h christ change the damn record, no one cares anymore, they never did anyway.

Dominich #15 Posted 30 December 2018 - 06:10 PM

Private

• Player
  • 5551 battles
  • [KIWI] KIWI

I didn't mean to start any fire or hating or whatever, so sorry for that. I am an inexperienced forumer, so again, sorry. I don't hate on any player, I don't think myself as better than anyone.

I know that other type of games / anti botting programs for example, record the pov of the player, so a computer can quickly analyze if it's a botting program or an actual human steering the cursor and movement.

If any, what does Wargaming use?

PS: Thanks TurnedToDust, I might just take a break and see how it feels.

Edited by Dominich, 30 December 2018 - 06:12 PM.

Tom_Deekanarry #16 Posted 30 December 2018 - 07:10 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 8554 battles
I recon Dom here is actually a bot!

Dorander #17 Posted 30 December 2018 - 07:36 PM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 18686 battles

View PostDominich, on 30 December 2018 - 02:44 PM, said:

The problem you are describing will not have changed in a year or two, because the problem you are describing does not typically have the cause you are attributing to it. Like others have stated, there are simply a lot of very bad players in this game and what you consider an obvious bot may be simply a player who thinks camping is a good idea 'cause they have no tactical insight and don't get how their tank works. To give an example of how this might happen even on experienced looking accounts, we've had a forum thread here not too long ago that asked for the youngest player in the game anyone knew of, and some people said they occasionally let their 5 year old play their account. This is obviously not the sole reason or maybe not even a common reason, but once you start factoring in the possibility that a child of that age is actually driving that tank...

As for Wargaming's exact detection system, they're keeping quiet about that, so nobody really knows that they're using. They claim they're detecting things server-side, but that's all they're revealing. They're obviously never going to get them all, people will always employ botting programs and will always get away with it for a while.

AliceUnchained #18 Posted 30 December 2018 - 08:33 PM

General

• Player
  • 38749 battles
  • [322] 322

View PostDominich, on 30 December 2018 - 03:44 PM, said:

Well maybe, just maybe, many of those you refer to as 'bots' also just returned recently, and/or playing stock tanks. Pointing at others first while you yourself have plenty to improve upon is not the best way to start a discussion here.

Homer_J #19 Posted 30 December 2018 - 09:09 PM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 30162 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View PostDominich, on 30 December 2018 - 05:10 PM, said:

I know that other type of games / anti botting programs for example, record the pov of the player, so a computer can quickly analyze if it's a botting program or an actual human steering the cursor and movement.

World of tanks does have bot detection, go to the forums of a certain well known bot program and you will find many customers complaining that they got banned.  And that's the good one which actually drives and shoots and gets better stats than some real players.

Yes they do still exist but mostly what you are seeing are just real people.

If you don't believe me then just go to your local supermarket car park tomorrow and watch people who have been trained to drive struggle to make basic manoeuvrers.

OreH75 #20 Posted 30 December 2018 - 09:41 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 49770 battles
  • [OXIDE] OXIDE
There are also bots that can create forum accounts, hence the captcha. So Dom is an very advanced one I think...

Also tagged with bot, bots, inactive, players

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users