• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

gunslingerXXX #1 Posted 30 December 2018 - 03:41 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 11769 battles
  • [GUNSL] GUNSL

Hi Guys,

It's that time again, my PC is starting to annoy me a bit too much lately so I need an upgrade. In the past I usually chose relatively high end stuff and put it together myself. I used to spend quite some time researching stuff, but because I use a system for typically 8-10 years, each time I have to get myself up to speed again with the latest developments. This time however there are some kids in the way and other stuff, irl issues... So I could use some advice, and I know there are experts/enthousiasts on the forum so here's my case:

Basically I want the PC to run WoT on good graphics settings. Doesn't have to be the best-of-the-best, but proper HD settings would be nice. All other stuff will be less demanding of the system.
I would like to stay a bit on budget, around 700 euro's or so for just the system if at all possible. Monitor, keyboard, mouse, soundsystem etc will just recycle from the current setup. In the past I always went with AMD stuff mainly for price-quality considerations, I intend to do so now but its not 'fixed in stone'. Also note I'm not intending to mess with (overclock) the system.

Some specific questions:
- For processor I'm looking at an AMD Ryzen 5, for WoT, would you rather have higher speed or more cores (e.g. 1500X has 3.5 Ghz with 4-core, while 1600 has 3.2Ghz but 6-core, same price) I presume speed rather than cores (which is primarily for multi tasking right?)
- would I5 processor be much better? I'm looking at the 7th gen. then I think

- Graphics card, I'm thinking 8GB, but will probably end up low range then (Radeon RX 570 ARMOR 8G OC for example, ~200 Euro). Or would 4G high end be better?

- Internal memory, I currently have 12 GB of DDR3 available. Can I recycle this or do you suggest to go for DDR4? a total of 16 GB will be sufficient?

- What can I expect with above specs, will WoT be good looking?

Any suggestions on the above, or other remarks are very welcome!

Thanks

890 #2 Posted 30 December 2018 - 05:26 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 43421 battles
  • [MEDAR] MEDAR

For WoT:

- Any Ryzen 5 would be nice

- RX570 4GB would be enough for HD resolution and ultra settings

- Even 8 GB is enough

What ever you buy better then above, you will gain more, but this is just enough.

gunslingerXXX #3 Posted 30 December 2018 - 06:09 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 11769 battles
  • [GUNSL] GUNSL

View Post890, on 30 December 2018 - 05:26 PM, said:

For WoT:

- Any Ryzen 5 would be nice

- RX570 4GB would be enough for HD resolution and ultra settings

- Even 8 GB is enough

What ever you buy better then above, you will gain more, but this is just enough.

Thanks! I'm glad to hear that and my wife probably even more ;)

Nishi_Kinuyo #4 Posted 30 December 2018 - 07:05 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 8070 battles
  • [GUP] GUP

I'd definitely go for one of the upcoming Ryzen 5s over an i5 these days.

Although a Ryzen 3 would probably suffice as well.

(Especially if 2nd or 3rd generation.)

It'll mostly depend on if you intend to play (new) games other than WoT on that PC or not.

Considering that an 8th gen i3-8100 with a GTX 1050 does the job well enough for WoT.

Gives you medium-high settings at more than comfortable framerates (70+ most of the time).

gunslinger

Monitor, keyboard, mouse, soundsystem etc will just recycle from the current setup.

Wise decision. ;)

And imo, a sound system doesn't have to be new to be quality: mine's from the late 90s.

Pansenmann #5 Posted 30 December 2018 - 08:24 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 34805 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

I kept my RX 480 -

got me a ryzen 5 build with 2x8 GB Ram, SSD, fan, psu, case etc

for ~ 600€

Also tagged with yes, its, that, time, again

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users