What do YOU think of paid customisation in 2019?

customisation revenue rewards

• Please log in to reply
29 replies to this topic

Paul_Kouadio #1 Posted 30 December 2018 - 04:25 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 3965 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

Hey guys... The holiday ops lootbox fiesta brought more 3D customisation styles to WoT, and they were pretty cool (check them out at the bottom of this post). So this gives me a bit of hope for next year, because WG might decide to incorporate this as a full blown revenue stream, especially considering how hard they've been pushing customisation for some time. Apparently they're also in cooperation with Epic Games, the creators of Fortnite, although this isn't a first for WG.

I think that if they could make more 3D styles and special camos, and make them available for gold/money, as well as making special ones that can be earned through events and for bonds, that would be cool. It would be super awesome if they made modular 3D customisation kits, where you can place an assortment of objects on your tank :)

But what do you, the players, think? Would you be ready to buy regular styles, camo, 3D styles etc? Do such things interest you? Could WG make money from this, a bit like Fortnite's current revenue model?

What 3D styles would you want to see on your favorite tanks? 

snowlywhite #2 Posted 30 December 2018 - 05:12 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 20220 battles

does it increase dpm? armor? softstats? If not, don't give a f... :P

and the decals(or what was the name) - they are ugly as hell. Out of the Xmas skins, liked is and grille ones. The other 2, not so much.

SuedKAT #3 Posted 30 December 2018 - 05:16 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 12154 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
Frankly it baffles me quite a bit that WoT haven't been capitalizing on the fact that almost every F2P MMO out there make a significant portion of their income on cosmetic items. I for sure think we'll see more decals since there ain't exactly many to pick from now apart from that I'm not so sure we'll see more in quite some time.

Mimos_A #4 Posted 30 December 2018 - 05:21 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 25881 battles
  • [SPESH] SPESH
If it means we can move away from OP flavour of the month tier 10's and prem-tank powercreep, I'm all for it.

1ucky #5 Posted 30 December 2018 - 05:24 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 77816 battles
  • [-RLD-] -RLD-

Ask those guys who don't even put regular camo on their tanks (let alone emblems/inscriptions that were already offered for years).

Jokes aside, some small percentage of people will be interested, the rest won't. (The percentage will probably be greater if there's some camo bonus involved, but it depends on the price tag, too.)

undutchable80 #6 Posted 30 December 2018 - 05:25 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 9287 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
I would be ok with that. 

1ucky #7 Posted 30 December 2018 - 05:31 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 77816 battles
  • [-RLD-] -RLD-

View PostSuedKAT, on 30 December 2018 - 05:16 PM, said:

Frankly it baffles me quite a bit that WoT haven't been capitalizing on the fact that almost every F2P MMO out there make a significant portion of their income on cosmetic items. I for sure think we'll see more decals since there ain't exactly many to pick from now apart from that I'm not so sure we'll see more in quite some time.

And it almost baffles me that there are long term players out there who don't realize that we've already had cosmetic items for sale in WoT for years.

Almost baffles but not quite, cause that's how people are, we just don't notice some stuff.

TurnedToDust #8 Posted 30 December 2018 - 05:56 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 9802 battles
  • [JUICE] JUICE

I have been waiting for ages to be able to customise my tanks, I don't understand why they are not creating bare tank skins for people to start with and let players decide if they want to ad logs, helmets and other bits to it.

Like the Shermans carying sandbags.

BKatt #9 Posted 30 December 2018 - 06:03 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 34948 battles
  • [-LYNX] -LYNX

View PostPaul_Kouadio, on 30 December 2018 - 03:25 PM, said:

Hey guys... The holiday ops lootbox fiesta brought more 3D customisation styles to WoT, and they were pretty cool (check them out at the bottom of this post). So this gives me a bit of hope for next year, because WG might decide to incorporate this as a full blown revenue stream, especially considering how hard they've been pushing customisation for some time. Apparently they're also in cooperation with Epic Games, the creators of Fortnite, although this isn't a first for WG.

I think that if they could make more 3D styles and special camos, and make them available for gold/money, as well as making special ones that can be earned through events and for bonds, that would be cool. It would be super awesome if they made modular 3D customisation kits, where you can place an assortment of objects on your tank :)

But what do you, the players, think? Would you be ready to buy regular styles, camo, 3D styles etc? Do such things interest you? Could WG make money from this, a bit like Fortnite's current revenue model?

What 3D styles would you want to see on your favorite tanks? 

I definately think WG could make some serious money on this.

Heck, id rather buy a few awesome skins for a tank i love to play. Than to buy yet another generic premium tank....

17:07 Added after 3 minutes

View Post1ucky, on 30 December 2018 - 04:31 PM, said:

And it almost baffles me that there are long term players out there who don't realize that we've already had cosmetic items for sale in WoT for years.

Almost baffles but not quite, cause that's how people are, we just don't notice some stuff.

Current cosmetics in WoT, revolves around getting a tiger/panther/dumb ruski blyat or some other boring words or stickers on your turret and chasis.

I hardly think that qualifies.. :girl:

wEight_Tanker #10 Posted 30 December 2018 - 06:20 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 9170 battles
  • [VI90M] VI90M
Sure. I'd rather pay 20 euros for just one mini-gun on an IS-3 than a Tier VIII premium tank for 40.

1ucky #11 Posted 30 December 2018 - 06:20 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 77816 battles
  • [-RLD-] -RLD-

View PostBKatt, on 30 December 2018 - 06:03 PM, said:

Current cosmetics in WoT, revolves around getting a tiger/panther/dumb ruski blyat or some other boring words or stickers on your turret and chasis.

I hardly think that qualifies.. :girl:

Alright fair point, but on the other hand there's also some special camo/styles you can buy...

Anyhow, just saying it's not like they weren't monetizing cosmetic options for ages already.

But of course they could probably ramp it up a bit by offering stuff that's optically more interesting/attractive.

Edited by 1ucky, 30 December 2018 - 06:25 PM.

panter22 #12 Posted 30 December 2018 - 06:25 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 15178 battles
make sure you put paint to all the tanks you get 50% camouflage out and it is p2w :bush:

NUKLEAR_SLUG #13 Posted 30 December 2018 - 06:38 PM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 31237 battles
  • [FISHY] FISHY
Maybe WG should bump the camo value of adding camo to 10% to incentivise all those naked tank drivers to put some clothes on. :)

BKatt #14 Posted 30 December 2018 - 06:44 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 34948 battles
  • [-LYNX] -LYNX

View PostNUKLEAR_SLUG, on 30 December 2018 - 05:38 PM, said:

Maybe WG should bump the camo value of adding camo to 10% to incentivise all those naked tank drivers to put some clothes on. :)

View Postpanter22, on 30 December 2018 - 05:25 PM, said:

make sure you put paint to all the tanks you get 50% camouflage out and it is p2w :bush:

For fk sakes guys .. DONT give them any ideas.. sometimes it seems they gather All the worst ideas, and then pick those to implement:trollface:

Desyatnik_Pansy #15 Posted 30 December 2018 - 07:27 PM

Bartender

• Player
  • 17253 battles
  • [-GLO-] -GLO-

View PostSuedKAT, on 30 December 2018 - 04:16 PM, said:

Tbh I think they weren't really able to go for it until the customisation changes and namely the unique styles. The only other one I know of the top of my head besides these four from the lootboxes that actually changes the model is the BDR Warhammer skin and maybe we could say these were a test to see how people would react to more stuff like this, so it wouldn't surprise me if they start making some more in the future.

SuedKAT #16 Posted 30 December 2018 - 09:24 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 12154 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View Post1ucky, on 30 December 2018 - 05:31 PM, said:

Yes, true, we had the option to change the two emblems on our tanks, great amount of customization right there. Then not to forget we also had for the most competitive players reward camouflages that looked a bit different to the standard camouflage patterns you had to buy to not gimp yourself. Also note that I wrote this:

View PostSuedKAT, on 30 December 2018 - 05:16 PM, said:

Frankly it baffles me quite a bit that WoT haven't been capitalizing on the fact that almost every F2P MMO out there make a significant portion of their income on cosmetic items.

Capitalizing as in heavily pushing out cosmetic options for us to throw our money on, they've now started to go down this route with the painting option, the optimization of the camouflage selection and customization, more emblems and inscriptions and most recently the decals and lootbox skins. However true customization is still quite lacking, here is a Hellcat skin I stole from Desyatnik_Pansy's skin thread just now:

It's still the Hellcat we know, but it's been customized and personalized, something most MMO's capitalize greatly on, something WoT could have focused on a lot more than to bring us yet another premium tank bundle for 100€.

View PostDesyatnik_Pansy, on 30 December 2018 - 07:27 PM, said:

Tbh I think they weren't really able to go for it until the customisation changes and namely the unique styles. The only other one I know of the top of my head besides these four from the lootboxes that actually changes the model is the BDR Warhammer skin and maybe we could say these were a test to see how people would react to more stuff like this, so it wouldn't surprise me if they start making some more in the future.

True, the new changes to the customization system have most likely opened up new avenues for them, I just find it strange that they haven't done so until now, especially since it's been requested quite frequently over the years. I hope they expand on the options in the future since I quite like to create something personal with in-game customization options (EDIT: since I'm to lazy to make re-skins my self :P ).

Edited by SuedKAT, 30 December 2018 - 09:26 PM.

Homer_J #17 Posted 30 December 2018 - 09:29 PM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 30437 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE
I'm all for it though the amount I'm likely to buy will depend on the price.

m1x_angelico #18 Posted 30 December 2018 - 09:30 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 23710 battles
  • [-VETO] -VETO
All for it.

cro001 #19 Posted 30 December 2018 - 09:47 PM

Major

• Player
  • 31084 battles
  • [GX] GX
The 3D styles they released are pretty nice, grille is a bit "clowny" but IS-7, T57 and Jihadchat are all looking pretty nice. They don't hurt the game or my eyes.

BKatt #20 Posted 30 December 2018 - 10:00 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 34948 battles
  • [-LYNX] -LYNX

If the grille skin, had just been the same color on both turret and hull. It would have been magnifique!! 

Sadly it just come off...clowny indeed.

Also tagged with customisation, revenue, rewards

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users