How to make WoT better and get New players to start playing the game. (suggestion)

Gameplay Graphics New players

• Please log in to reply
32 replies to this topic

radius77 #21 Posted 02 January 2019 - 12:55 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 57229 battles

There is a simple way for WG to fix this game that can be done within few days. 

Introduce a rule that DMG dealt by "premium" ammo DOES NOT COUNT TOWARDS PLAYER STATS (WN8)

That would fix WoT within few days since there would be no incentive for players to pump their stats by spamming HEAT/APCR even on tier V. 

"Premium" ammo would stay as it is, but simply post-game stats would either exclude dmg dealt by it or include it separately - just for reference, but not for exp calculation.

Jigabachi #22 Posted 02 January 2019 - 02:26 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 17948 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View Postradius77, on 02 January 2019 - 12:55 PM, said:

Introduce a rule that DMG dealt by "premium" ammo DOES NOT COUNT TOWARDS PLAYER STATS (WN8)

That would fix WoT within few days since there would be no incentive for players to pump their stats by spamming HEAT/APCR even on tier V. 

"Premium" ammo would stay as it is, but simply post-game stats would either exclude dmg dealt by it or include it separately - just for reference, but not for exp calculation.

Eh. That would be nothing but another silly workaround. The balance is broken. WG needs to fix the balance. You can't fix the balance without touching the balance. D'uh.

Robbie_T #23 Posted 02 January 2019 - 02:51 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 18803 battles
  • [BBMM] BBMM

Fps problems my pc is this month 10 years old and did minor upgrades 5 years ago.

stil running at 100 fps average....dont know what pc's yall have from the 90's?

4nt #24 Posted 02 January 2019 - 03:51 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 26176 battles
Yes, I'd also like to know what rig one needs to run WoT sub-30s fps. I had 2-core i3 of first gen and GTX660 and managed well over 60fps with pre- and post-1.0 with lower settings. And also a newer i5 laptop with integrals that ran WoT in same 60s region with minimum settings?

The_Naa #25 Posted 02 January 2019 - 10:10 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 5251 battles
  • [QSF-L] QSF-L

View Postradius77, on 02 January 2019 - 12:55 PM, said:

My idea is not about fixing the game by removing gold round, getting rid of arty or nerfing tanks or anything to do with game balance. There are other topics for those, go see the proper OP in the proper topic for your Problem, thank you.

My point here is: improve the gameplay by improving FPS by making a option to remove some graphical aspects as listed in the OP. 

Edited by The_Naa, 02 January 2019 - 10:12 PM.

Jigabachi #26 Posted 02 January 2019 - 10:39 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 17948 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View PostThe_Naa, on 02 January 2019 - 10:10 PM, said:

My point here is: improve the gameplay by improving FPS by making a option to remove some graphical aspects as listed in the OP. 

The game already offers enough options. You can use the new graphics, you can use the old graphics. You can tune down the old graphics so much that you can play the game at relatively stable 50 fps on a 12yo computer.

Again. If that isn't enough to make the game playable, you need a new computer. 

The_Naa #27 Posted 02 January 2019 - 11:20 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 5251 battles
  • [QSF-L] QSF-L

View PostJigabachi, on 02 January 2019 - 10:39 PM, said:

The game already offers enough options. You can use the new graphics, you can use the old graphics. You can tune down the old graphics so much that you can play the game at relatively stable 50 fps on a 12yo computer.

Again. If that isn't enough to make the game playable, you need a new computer. 

Yeah I agree, but there are still some things that dont add anything to the gameplay, namely planes and helicopters, the helicopters do drop my fps when they fly over my screen. And in lower tiers the machineguns are another fps dropping factor, it limits me off from tier 1-4 games as it kills my fps to 3, and i would like to play some low tier tanks, for fun and to finish off some tech tree kills. I mainly care about the machineguns as by removing the shells and trails that they make in short span of time and maybe the sound as well it opens up another part of the game for me. It should nott be too much to ask :( and i am sure there are other players that suffer from the same thing. 

Robbie_T #28 Posted 03 January 2019 - 01:47 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 18803 battles
  • [BBMM] BBMM

I just putted every setting as low as it can be on SD

Looks like a totally different game..

.if you cant run that you playing  on a verry verry old single core and probberly same age intergrated graph card. mid 2002.

Are you sure you have SD and not HD

medium on SD still looks verry nice.

Edited by Robbie_T, 03 January 2019 - 01:49 AM.

HassenderZerhacker #29 Posted 03 January 2019 - 02:06 AM

Major

• Player
  • 29085 battles
  • [1DPG] 1DPG

View PostThe_Naa, on 30 December 2018 - 08:10 PM, said:

My computers runs the game fine, and i only have to stay away from tier 1-4, and recent update have only improved my FPS so I see no need to buy a New computer. 

errr... your post says the opposite.

A computer that runs the game "fine" will be able to run it at 60 FPS on 1920x1080, with max quality for ground textures, 100% 3D rendering and max viewrange for objects.

The_Naa #30 Posted 03 January 2019 - 07:18 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 5251 battles
  • [QSF-L] QSF-L

View PostHassenderZerhacker, on 03 January 2019 - 02:06 AM, said:

errr... your post says the opposite.

A computer that runs the game "fine" will be able to run it at 60 FPS on 1920x1080, with max quality for ground textures, 100% 3D rendering and max viewrange for objects.

Depends on the point of view for me 30FPS is fine and a major improvment from the 13FPS that I used to get

HassenderZerhacker #31 Posted 03 January 2019 - 04:15 PM

Major

• Player
  • 29085 battles
  • [1DPG] 1DPG

View PostThe_Naa, on 03 January 2019 - 07:18 AM, said:

Depends on the point of view for me 30FPS is fine and a major improvment from the 13FPS that I used to get

yes, a major improvement, but your computer still performs poorly.

it's not even expensive to upgrade a rig to be able to run WoT at 60 FPS, I think it can be done for less than 100 EUR.

If in Switzerland I would even believe it could be done with parts that are available for free.

Jigabachi #32 Posted 03 January 2019 - 04:57 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 17948 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View PostThe_Naa, on 02 January 2019 - 11:20 PM, said:

Yeah I agree, but there are still some things that dont add anything to the gameplay, namely planes and helicopters, the helicopters do drop my fps when they fly over my screen. And in lower tiers the machineguns are another fps dropping factor, it limits me off from tier 1-4 games as it kills my fps to 3, and i would like to play some low tier tanks, for fun and to finish off some tech tree kills. I mainly care about the machineguns as by removing the shells and trails that they make in short span of time and maybe the sound as well it opens up another part of the game for me. It should nott be too much to ask and i am sure there are other players that suffer from the same thing. 

You are asking the devs to put time and effort into downgrading the game to make it playable on completely outdated computers when it already is a game that old computers can run reliably with ease. That's actually quite a lot to ask. What about the skybox? Maybe they can turn it white and remove some lighting, too? Maybe they could offer tanks consiting of only a few 100 polygons? Who needs track animations?

Sooo... again, for the third time: If your computer can't run the game on the lowest settings, you simply need a new computer. You can't expect the devs to cater for players who try to play the game on a computer system from the 90's...

I just got myself a new computer. I wanted to play some fancy games over the years, but since my computer was too old, I wasn't able to play them. So I played other ones. Simples.

Do you think I went to the forums of those games and demanded the devs to tune down the game for me and my old jalopy?

The_Naa #33 Posted 03 January 2019 - 08:50 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 5251 battles
  • [QSF-L] QSF-L

View PostJigabachi, on 03 January 2019 - 04:57 PM, said:

You are asking the devs to put time and effort into downgrading the game to make it playable on completely outdated computers when it already is a game that old computers can run reliably with ease. That's actually quite a lot to ask. What about the skybox? Maybe they can turn it white and remove some lighting, too? Maybe they could offer tanks consiting of only a few 100 polygons? Who needs track animations?

Sooo... again, for the third time: If your computer can't run the game on the lowest settings, you simply need a new computer. You can't expect the devs to cater for players who try to play the game on a computer system from the 90's...

I just got myself a new computer. I wanted to play some fancy games over the years, but since my computer was too old, I wasn't able to play them. So I played other ones. Simples.

Do you think I went to the forums of those games and demanded the devs to tune down the game for me and my old jalopy?

What I ment with "too much to ask" is that there is no need to worry about balancing the game, for example all this talk about removing arty from the game will cause Problems to the game, but if allowing players to make the game run on potato, players have more money to spend on premium items (well... At least it worked for me :coin:)

So I would argue that the effort in making the game run on potato might be worth the trouble, but i am no business manager.

And if i invest my money like RIGHT now on a New computer I might not be able to get type 59 if WG decides to sell it again.

But after I have bought the type 59 ill go out and get a New computer when I find a one that has best price/perfomanse value. 

Edited by The_Naa, 03 January 2019 - 09:17 PM.

Also tagged with Gameplay, Graphics, New players

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users